Morning Glories 2013 #06

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Debra,
I'm clueless re the height issue. I have a couple 10 inches tall in 8 oz foam cups on the front porch that bloomed a time or two. No food, I haven't
had time to feed them.
Then in the back yard, I have 5 footers and some of them just now making buds 3 or 4
feet up the stem. So no understanding the method to their blooming or why
some bloom faster than others. Its possible that the mg vines in the
'small 8 oz cups are already 2 to 3 months old and just past ready to bloom.
They all feel the need to bloom and then set seeds and
they will do that early if they think they are going to croak.
One possibility is when the roots hit the bottom of the foam cup, it stresses the vine
and so it responds by forming buds

Mine set buds on the front porch too Debra where no sun ever touches.

Blue Star of India, really its dressed in purple, camera just can't capture the color
Tony's PTD # 3, this reminds me of the white from Sunrise Mixed I grew
several yrs go.
Blue Lavender Beauty
Crimson Rambler
Berlin Blue, bugs got to this one

Great blooms Dany.

This message was edited Jul 30, 2013 9:02 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms Jackie!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I agree, they are a treasure. I like your star of india.. I havn't had that one for a while now.. my sisters white i purp bloomed, she went to this house that was vacant and picked a whole bunch of seeds off the vone, it had covered the house entirely across the front of it and up the fir trees ..i saw it with her when it was in bloom, and told her I wanted some seeds.. she went back and got them for me.. That was a sisterly love gift..
.. July 30 2010,this was the first year I decided to build green walls around the patio.Then, he got me the arch arbor thing, he had it set up middle of patio north side back then.august 2011 then here it is 2012, 2013 we moved it to north east corner .. by end of season last year I had arches of sunflowers covered in vines. Bad location, the power lines are directly above it and I have had to rush around trimming and tying things together when a storm was approching.. My kids came home to me sanding on a chair with the grabbers, trying to reach a too tall vine covered sunflower to tie down or whack.. sheesh!

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks Linda and Debra.

Love pics 2 and 4 showing off your arbor.
Beautiful MG.

szarvas, Hungary

Cold night .... the morning glory do not like it!

Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

1 - two different Ip. Indica .... normal blue and a cultivar : TOKIKO KATO.
2 - blooming like crazy !
3 - Kikyo Ice to cross with an blue blizzard .... like " SnowFlakes " from Emma.

Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12

Great show, Dany, is it really getting cold there? That Kikyo is a stunner..

Love your gardens Debra! Wish we had green grass and plants like that!
Dany, those are stunning blooms! Even when cold they are pretty!
A few of my blooms this morning! You can see the background, that the yard is toast!

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

Gorgeous blooms Dany.

Love your Pink Star Linda. Like the others too.

I had a few this morning. I had to carry some of them to the g house and those blooms were melted by the sun.

One of my 3 no Mai's
Beckys Pink silk not. Looks like Akatsuki no Umi with pretty varieg lvs. The
sun got to this one b4 I even thought about waking up.
Finally a Youjiro Yaguruma near pandy.
A no name looks like Hatsu Arashi, plain green lvs
I possibly have all 3 look-a-like blooms, Hatsu Arashi, no Umi, and Berlin Blue,
just an accident
Another no Mai
I'm going to have a few un-named mg's due to the raccoons overturning
a trey of mg's and other seedlings a month ago. Lost a bunch of them

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

So---if I am understanding what I am reading, even the experts don't have real control of MGs- as far as height, climbing or not, etc. I don't feel so bad now- but I am a bit disappointed because I set up 3 trellises with the plan to have them covered with beautiful blooming MGs- it didn't happen! I have to find another attractive vine to plant there- probably some type of Jasmine. Meanwhile I love seeing all your blooms.

don't give up, Jo.. sometimes it takes all summer to get blooms from morning glorys..one good vine that works well and grows good with morning glorys is honeysuckle.. I am making starts of my hybrids right now, can send you one this fall to get it going..
LK, your blooms are outstanding.. don't forget we dump our sink water, bath water and laundry water out to the lawn.. it helps a ton, even tho this was the wettest July in many many years, we typically are burning up by now..
Jackie, I love your blues, you know they are my fqavs, but remember how fond I am of the no mais?

got my rain barrels set up, my water storage barrel , and the house is officially now all painted. yippee! He starts on the foundation cracks next month..

had some colors this am, didn't get shots of them, but they look just like what I grew last year this time..
from last year...

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful blooms you had last yr Debra. Your 1st bloom looks a lot like my Youjiro yaguruma

szarvas, Hungary

1 - I don't know if that makes sense .... but I can not keep out of me put a tag. In my garden there is so much to see ... you need to look at 360 ° .... like a chameleon!
2 - .... hm ! a large ' chacha Maru ' !

Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12

Thanks Jackie, prolly did come from you... the lil red star yojiro from Aunt B is open and so is Jaimie Lynn, so happy! I love ,my purps. Dany so beautiful I would never want to go to work if I were there.. but, off I go.. oh , Last night after the painter finished up, I decided to plant somemore seeds, in pots, so I can bring them in for winter if needed, from Dany. I also planted some new 4 o clocks from you, Dany, in my favorite space of 4 o clock gardens.. you know how I love those things..
August and September are my two favorite months for my Gardens.

Gautier, MS

Awesome pictures from every ones gardens. I really enjoyed seeing all these beautiful blooms.

I had problems downloading pictures last 2 days so here are a few.

Jackies no Mai first. Thank Jackie
Next 2 blooms from Dany. Thank you also Dany.
3rd was actually a purple color on blue LYK cross
Sunsmiles last.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Wow, look at all the blooms this morning! Beautiful!

Dany, how big are your pots please?

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Everyones flowers are looking good! Lot's of rain here so no blooms hopefully more soon.

Dany this one is spectacular, I love the color! http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/2013/08/01/dany12/d31cb8.jpg

Beautiful blooms Dany, Love your Cha Cha Maru, and all your blooms.
Your garden is mind boggling, would love to be able to grow just 1/2 as many.

Helena, gorgeous blooms this morning. Crazy about your LYK cross. I know its purple but its beautiful as the camera captured it in blue. My Blue Star of India is the same. Its actually purple.
No Mai backyard
Fuji no Sora

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1327730

This message was edited Aug 1, 2013 4:21 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Quote from taters55 :
Wow, look at all the blooms this morning! Beautiful!

Dany, how big are your pots please?

I wanna know, too

Norfolk, VA

More pictures of Orihime, huge flowers up to 7" in diameter! This one is drop-dead gorgeous! Reveille!

Thumbnail by MGMan Thumbnail by MGMan Thumbnail by MGMan
Norfolk, VA

Cherry pink lemonade, still coming true. the first member is still hot pink, it was still dark when shot it, so the color is a bit off.

Thumbnail by MGMan Thumbnail by MGMan Thumbnail by MGMan

gorgeous orihieme, tony, i hope mine comes up before frost.. love the pink too.

(Zone 7a)

Enjoying your Orihime, too, Tony, and Linda's 1st dusky-mauve star, and everyone else's. Altogether with Dany's constellations of mgs, this thread makes a galaxy - beautiful.

Please do not post to this thread. We have a new one and of course I start
the new one because it takes forever to load out for people on slow dial up.
You can respond to Tonys lovely blooms on the new thread.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1327730

New thread everyone!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.