Irish Gardens (and more?)

Perkasie, PA(Zone 6b)

Here, pics of the Cliffs of Moher in, I believe, County Clare. These are not great pics, because the wind almost knocked me down, and even the stabilizer in the camera couldn't keep up.

Thumbnail by sissystars Thumbnail by sissystars Thumbnail by sissystars Thumbnail by sissystars Thumbnail by sissystars
Perkasie, PA(Zone 6b)

1) Pic of cows grazing in front of an old manor house. There are SO many castles, ruins,etc. in Ireland that this is not at all an unusual sight.

2) Out from the Cliffs of M, across to the Aran Islands.

3) Another part of the Cliffs.

4) A dolmen, or burial site on the Burrens. Alas, just after this the rain really came down, so we did not get more pictures of this extremely strange landscape.

Thumbnail by sissystars Thumbnail by sissystars Thumbnail by sissystars Thumbnail by sissystars Thumbnail by sissystars
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

WOW just love those cliffs and ruins.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Hauntingly beautiful!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

wow. I used to hear about people going to Ireland and thought it seemed overblown. No more! Fascinating!

Perkasie, PA(Zone 6b)

I realized I did not identify the [actual] fourth picture above. It is of a piece of a Neolithic (yes, that's right) stone structure. There are stone walls all over the place from prehistory to today (let's face it: they have a lot of stone). I've included a pic of another bit of Neolithic fencing below.

Next: St Patrick's Collegiate Church in Galway. The 'Spanish Arch in Galway. A Galway pub (of course). An elaborate tomb in the Church in honor of Lady Jane Eyre. Obviously, we took it because of the literary reference, but also because of the evidence of attitudes towards women (enlarge and read).

I should apologize for all the typos in these posts. My newest cat and 3 older ones have decided my desk is the territory to do battle on - even if it is mostly passive aggressive.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.