Morning Glories 2013 # 03

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Karen has a lot of good information on morning glories. We had abusy day today.. sister picked a marker and added our moms name and it says loveing mother and loving daughter so now I have a marker with gma and gpa and great aunt effie.. mom and sherry together what a great idea, they gave sherry the extra plot, and we hadn't gotten anything for mom yet, so how perfect is that both of them on one marker.

I brought in some fresh snap peas and some flower blooms for sister to see, she can't get outside very much, she can barely walk. today on way home from cematery place we stopped by my sons place and he helped her get out and get comfy on the back deck where the honey suckle and morning glorys grow over there, and we sucked the honey out of the flower together, and we had a good time.
I re-arranged the bedroom again for her tonite, now we will see how easy it is for her to get to where she needs to go to thru thenight from the bed..
voodo venusm dragon
poppys, mallow and the weird blooming thing
I purp from ronnie
bignonia
Helena, you can never see enough morning glorys and repeating is never boring..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
(Zone 7a)

Debra, glad your sister is comfortable, with her family and your flowers surrounding her.

Linda, you're welcome - you and/or anyone can dmail or ask here if you have any more questions

To all, love your flowers - they are so inspiring while we still fight last year's tsunami of weeds. Roses are past their prime for this year, but here's Rose Graham Thomas triumphing against shade/drought of white pines etc. in 2010

This message was edited Jun 9, 2013 8:40 AM

Thumbnail by bluespiral
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Beautiful blooms Debra. Love the unknown unusual bloom. Looks familiar to me.
Pretty Mallows and Bignonia too,
Crossvine perhaps?
Honeysuckle nectar, one of lifes best simple pleasures. Hope you and Sherry have a great
visit before you have to take her home.

Indica
My first Plumeria bloom to open in a long time. Beautiful pink
More buds should open soon.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks everyone. Been raining since yesterday, my blooms were all damaged this morning so didn't even go outside till afternoon.

So glad you have your pretty blooms to enjoy Debra. I have a bignonia (last bloom) like yours that has been trying to take over the yard. I keep cutting it down and it keeps coming up with runners all over.

Love your Graham Thomas Rose Karen and your secret garden.

Gautier, MS

Indica is really a special vine to grow Jackie. I love the dark pink- red color of your Plumeria. That's one of the plants that I have not grown.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Helen, if you get any extra runners of that bignonia please sent them this way???

Love all the blooms everyone, very pretty!

Karen, missed your Rose, very pretty.

This bignonia is called :tangerine beauty: my trumpet vine is called something else i just can't remember rightnow, it is not the native trumpet vine that takes down the houses.. mine is big and red and i do have runners galore only because I haven't trimmed it yet this spring. Been other things occupying me this year.
I took a break and went out and planted one of each of Jackies seeds, in my Jackie Morning glory area out back.

Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Linda if it ever stops raining here (third day so far with heavy rain off & on) I'll look for some runners for you. You'll have to send me a d-mail with your addy though. You really want that vine???? I at first thought it would have nectar for the hummers but it only attracts bees and bumblebees. I do like the blooms.

Love your tangerine beauty Debra, pretty vivid color. Glad you started more mg seeds.

I rescued a mg vine from the rain so I could have a bloom this morning. One of Karens2005 crosses, the rain still got to it.
Two pictures of the same bloom, one without flash. Second picture with flash.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful color on your bloom this morning Helena. Kinda out of this world, I love it. :-)

Unknown bloom from last summer, don't know why I don't recognize it

My Plumeria opening more buds.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Debtra, I hope you get a pretty BMN and No Mai etc from my sds. They were really special last yr,.

One of the LYK's last yr, no seed harvest at all.

Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie that unknown looks like Henka I had last year.. or I might be thinking wrong.. I love that plummie, so hoping mine blooms. Home today with sister, so might get out a few more seeds. It got up to 95 yesterday here.
Helena that mg is awsome, i bet you were glad to see it!

Gautier, MS

Thank you Jackie and Debra. Yes that was a very nice mg surprise to see.

I'm glad you can go out and sow some more glories Debra.

Jackie, that is and awesome pink color on your mg. I do like your plumeria too, very pretty blooms.

Sun is trying to come out off and on. I have a few nice blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helen, no hurry on shipping.
Love all thes blooms,,they are beautiful!

Gorgeous blooms this morning Helena. Love the 2nd and 3rd pics. I like the pink running thru # 3 bloom.

Thanks Debra and Helena, The pink could be a night time pic so maybe that was a lavender that faded to pink. Could be
the reason I don't recognize it.
I've lost 2 mg vines on the fence, something got them. Also something tore up my big pot of mg's out front,
First time I've had that happen.

Sorry to hear something got your pots!

Thanks Linda After whatever rifled thru the big pot, I can't find my sds I planted there a few days ago.
Sme of Debras she had asked me to grow I think and maybe one or two Clitoria pea vines. It was so much
easier to plant a few sds in big pots instead of all the work of one sd per gallon container. Very
disappointed that I couldn't pull this off since it would have saved me a lot of work. :-(

(Zone 7a)

Jackie, sometimes my garden gets roughed up that way, too. My #1 suspect is racoons. ...lots and lots of rain making us garden between the rain drops seems to make good racoon weather.

I think I'll incorporate more chicken wire into my mg plantings - thank you for the heads up.

Jackie, there are a million seeds out there, don't worry. Pop a few back in and put some rose or barberry bush clippings around the top of the pot, that is what works here for me..
Sister will be going back to Arkansas Friday nite with her daughter..
I know she will have a hard time adjusting to this.

Gautier, MS

Thanks everyone. Sorry to hear about your pots and mg plants Jackie. I had to fence off half of my backyard b/c of my g-son puppy. She did carry off a couple of my pots.

Here's a few blooms from today. First one is a deep color, darker than it shows. Purple speckled always has some damage on it. Blue silk is nice, 2 separate vines.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Karen, could be raccoons, I have plenty of them plus the new baby raccoons are tagging along with moma raccoon now., They are so cute, the little buggars. They might have been playing in the dirt. I used to use the chicken wire in my flower beds at my old home and it worked. I might try coffee grounds in the top of the pot as it fertilizes and animals don't like the smell. For now, I;ve got paper towels covering the top of the potting mix so whatever it was didn't bother them last night
Debra, I will just pop in a few more sds, still have time to get newly planted sds to bloom.

Beautiful blooms Helena, nice to see your Purple speckled. That one needs to be grown more.
Oops, time for a new thread.

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1318275

This message was edited Jun 12, 2013 2:15 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.