Morning Glories 2013 #2

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

My Grandpa Ott's are coming up from seed and have about 4 pairs of "true" leaves.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Mike, you will have blooms soon!

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

I can't wait! They were absolutely gorgeous last year. I have seed left but it's mixed as my 4 year old put those and some pink ones I have into the same container and now I don't know which is which so I'll have to gather more seed this year from lastyear's "reseeders".

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

The pinching sketch got me confused! LOL What I was asking is do you all put the plants in the ground, in pots (what size is best) -are the different varteites planted together? I only have a few trellised, and I have over a dozen varieties started. I think someone posted that they will bloom in very small containers. I really need advice! Thanks

I have mine in pots, and I have read several post that says if you want to keep them named to plant each seed in a pot, write on the pot what it is, so you can keep track of it! If you don't care to keep track of them, throw a bunch of seeds in the ground, and enjoy their beauty on a trellis or something!

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

OK, taters55, that's what I wanted to know-If they bloom well in pots I will do that-

Just don't place too many seeds in one pot, their roots take up lots of space!

Gautier, MS

A few more blooms today.

Karens2005 Sazunami cross
Dany's #7 mix
Gray shadow
Pink on Pink
Dany's #1 purpurea, a better pic from yesterday

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Your luck to have so many lovely blooms, I hope mine start blooming soon!

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Beautiful blooms Helena,
Karens Saz cross is a beauty, love the color and I like the Gray Shadow a lot too.

I had a couple of indica blooms open today.

Thumbnail by patootie

Danys #4 looks like it will open tomorrow, highly varieg lvs. Can't hardly wait. :-)

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Hope everyone had as nice a Mother's day as I did!

Helena your blooms are beautiful, keep them coming I have a few more months for mine.

Gautier, MS

Thank you Linda, Jackie and Ronnie. Love your indica Jackie. Had a busy day doing yard work.

I had a beautiful 2nd bloom from Karen2005 bloom this morning and just a couple of others. Took pictrure of watercolor and a bit later when the color was changing into darker.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

beautiful, Helena!

Droolng over the watercolor Helena. A special MG an I've never seen anything like it.

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

Helena,
that is one great looking MG! I've only ever grown Grandpa Ott but this one looks awfully pretty.

Mike

Gautier, MS

Thank you Debra, Jackie and Mike.

Watercolor, 3rd bloom this morning with the color a little darker.

Watercolor
Dany's #8 mix
Dany's #8 mix
Dany's #7 mix
White with blue specks purpurea

I can't send my pic this am. My comp doesn't even see my pics on the camera. Something my
DGS has done to the settings I guess. I need to ban all 3 g kids.

Helena, those are all beautiful, love Dany's # 8 blooms too., both of them. I think I've only planted 1 of his # 8

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

OMG Helena, Blue Silk is a beauty, one of my all time favorites and I love the Lav in the center too.
Is the Pink bloom our Pink Silk or Pink on Pink?

Beautiful blooms!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I love Blue Silk a lot too. The middle bloom is Gray Haze and last is Pink on Pink. I had taken lots of pictures but they didn't come out so I just deletated most.

This message was edited May 16, 2013 8:33 PM

Gautier, MS

I took a picture late afternoon of Karens Watercolor and wanted to show it.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

that is awsome, Helena.

Agreeing with Debra. Very pretty and unusual bloom Helena. I love it.

Wow, that name sure fits it! Beautiful!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra, Jackie and Linda.

A different look to Dany's #1 bloom today. Dany just wanted to say thank you and I'm enjoys the bloom from your seeds a lot.
Dusky x Fuji
Fuchsia pink
Blue mix

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

It is amazing to see how many different shades and variations of each color there are!
Very pretty!

Those are lovely Helena.

I have a new bloom this morning. Dany's # 9 Small, lovely bloom

Indica today
Ipomoea multifeda

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Love your beautiful blooms Jackie. I think your first beauti is Q0269.

I have a lot of blooms this morning and am very happy to see a few new ones.

Bengei from Azuremore
Chocolate blizzard from Karen in LA
Jackies no Sora, actualy very light lilac but appears light blue, thank you Jackie
Karen2005 Sazz blzd
Plum Surprise

Gautier, MS

More blooms for today.

Gray shadow
Silky blue or blue silk
Plum surprise
Pink on pink
? can't remember the name, no label. Bloom from yesterday.

They are all very pretty!

There are a couple of swaps open if anyone is interested? Come and check them out!

Jaye has the red white and blue swap
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1311912/

And Joy has the 2nd Annual OLD, NEW, BORROWED AND BLUE
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1311874/

Thanks Helena. Your blooms are gorgeous this morning. I love the no Sora in lilac even tho it shows up lt blue.
Maybe crossed with George Strait, or even Tai Aki,
both were close by. Karens Saz Blizzard is too beautiful, reminding me of Blue Tie Dye
I like Gray Shadow too.Your next bloom looks like a Blue Silk.
That last bloom is beautiful Helena.
Cant get my pics to upload today, so tired of the fight with this software.

Trying again

Dany's # 9 with a much larger bloom today. Danys Q269

Dany's # 7 Spider mites have taken over.

Tonys pretty Tie Dye cross, I have several of these going.
Thanks Tony, I really like this one.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Love your pretty blooms Jackie. I had a battle with spider mites inside gh too, really dislike those bugs.

Lots of blooms today with at least 2 new ones.

No id but pink on lavender.
Ni id
Dany's # 8
Kohkan ?
Chocolate

Gautier, MS

A few more from today.

Dany's gorgeus blooms

Gautier, MS

More repeats for today.

Those are all lovely Helena. The pale blues are beautiful.
Next to last bloom looks a lot like Xiongs to me.
Love the purp.

Q0269 today. Love this vine, thanks Dany.

Thumbnail by patootie

Everyone in the path of the storms in OK, Kansas, and Missouri, please take cover, there are tornado's sighted!

Love all those blooms!

me too, all of them have me drooling with jealousy.
hope you both are safe from these storms, Jackie and Helena, Wichita got lots of damage, we faired pretty good here in Derby. Moved my seedlings out before the rain, so they should take off real soon.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.