Round Up and Plant Swap at Jan23's in NJ on May 18th info

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

greenhouse gal- looks like you figured it out!

Yay Robin!

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi Jan, would you please count me in? Thanks. I am looking forward to seeing you all.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Are you back in town--Sally???

Glad to hear that......we will chat later. Gita

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Yes, I am back, Gita.

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

Hi, Sally. Yup, I went to Dave's Garden Discussions and saw that it was indeed a new feature. But it's so blurry that it's scarcely worth bothering with. I posted a question to Melody about it and she's kindly checking into it.

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

I am going to try and bring a guest, is that ok?

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

The more the merrier!! That is if they are merry or Mary.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Whoever asked about Hart...I spoke with her late last summer I think. Lots and lots of health issues but she sounded in fairly good spirits.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Chantell -- thanks for telling us about Hart. You inherited a puppy from her some years back, didn't you?

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Yay, looks like I'll be making it. Hey, Jan, let me know if there are some nice garden centers up there that I can visit before I head home. I'll be selling plants at a plant sale at the end of this month, so I hope to have some spending money.

If anyone wants to come with me, I would love the company. I will be staying overnight.

Paul, your adventure with the shrub sounded quite interesting. Reminded me of when I had a couple come over here to dig up a very large kousa dogwood. I have not heard from them on how successful they were in transplanting it, but is sure was large, and they did struggle to dig it up and get it into their truck. They came in response to an ad I had posted on Craig's List for anyone who wanted to come and take it away for free, if they were willing to put the man power into it.

Karen

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

YAY Karen it will be great to see you again

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Woot, woot!!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy - yes that would be Makwa...laying on the floor to the right of my bed. It's a love/loathe relationship...mostly love though

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Aww.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Can't wait!

Crozet, VA

Even though there are many who aren't going to be able to come this time, those who will be there will make for visiting with some really great people. Gosh, it won't be long now will it? Can't wait. Haven't yet taken inventory of what we will share but have heard the same comment I hear before each swap....don't bring anything home......hahaha.....our car is always loaded down coming and going from these events. I love it!!!!

Thanks for the invite Gita. I have a great chauffer thankfully. I used to make the trip to New Jersey alone quite often but that now seems like a million years ago. Heck, my niece even trusted me enough during one of her moves to take her six cats in their carriers and move from Philly to Mt. Laurel NJ. Imagine me one crazy Friday evening lost in downtown Camden and Trenton NJ....yikessss......I finally made it safely to her new place.....all the cats no worse for the wear. I am hoping this trip will be uneventful.

Will have to go and find the other swap threads to see what I have missed by being too busy to keep up recently. I will try to do better. Hope that everyone is having a decent enough weekend. Since, I didn't sleep half the day away, maybe I will have time to get outdoors and piddle around a bit later today.

Ruby

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Ruby, I will look forward to meeting you along with everyone else. Will be hard to remember names,a there are so many people going.

LOL@ your comment on not bringing anything home! How could you not? Isn't that the whole point of these things? LOL!

Now I have to figure out what I'll be bringing and what I want.

Karen

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Don't worry, nuts. We'll have name tags. Heehee. Hmmmm.....methinks you will have a couple day lilies.

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

HI, Karen. We usually have name badges which definitely helped me at the first swap that I had. If Jan needs me to get these ready, I will.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Would you Roses? Thank you. I was just going to have a sign-in table to get name tags and also put your name in the jar for the gift table.

I'll make the name tags and ask each contributing guest to write his name on a piece of paper for the gift table raffle.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Woot, woot!! Thanks again, dear.

Will the name tags have both DG and real names? The only one I know IRL is Jan!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I'll only have to speak and you'll know which one is from Maine! LOL

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Love it Pixie! and if your car has Maine plates I'll know which one to cling on to for a journey North!

GreenhouseGal I think we should have DG name in bold and real name below but leave the doin' to Roses.

Has every one checked out our Rogues Gallery of pics of people and names (both) from previous swaps? Like ID ing the flowers we are, a pic helps!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1259327/

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1280369

We had a couple of plant swaps here in Mount Bethel We didn't take the time for too many pictures. However, some of our members can be seen here at a seed swap:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1071217/

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Here's an idea for anyone with time on her hands (note: I am not volunteering). It just occurred to me it might be nice to have a board where, every time someone arrives, their name is pinned up, so we can easily see who is there. Might even include a photo. I know this is compulsive, and I'm not offering to do it, but it would be a handy way to know who has arrived and who hasn't. I spend a lot of time at swaps saying "is so-and-so here?" Maybe pin the name tags to a bulletin board, with the name of each person written on the board underneath the tag?

You can tell I am avoiding doing the work I should be turning to!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Heehee

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, Roses, yes, I know there'll be name tags, but I was thinking about for later, after we go home. Will have to take a pic of each person with their name tag so I'll remember.

BTW, I have an idea for the gift table raffle. Are we paying for tickets for that, or is it more like a door prize thing? At the New England Daylily Society meetings they have everyone write their names down on a list, and each person has a number, and then the numbers are picked at random later. I won a free AHS membership at the last meeting.

I think DG handle and real name should both be on the name tags.

Jan, I'll definitely be bringing daylilies.

Karen

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Yep, Karen, both DG handle and realtime name.

Yep, again, on the gift table. No buying tickets here. Just names in a bucket and then one name gets picked and that person picks the next name, etc. Some people bring things for the gift table and others don't. We just bring something you think others miht like. One of our members makes jewelry, so that is what is on the table. Maybe an extra plant, a book, whatever you might have that you want to pass on to someone else. A pair of gloves. Who knows there might even be some bridge toll money in an envelope. There is NO obligation to participate in this.

Someone please bring a camera. I don't do that!
Edited to add that we'll need pictures to record the day's event.

This message was edited Apr 23, 2013 9:24 AM

I have a camera...

Hmmm, maybe a chance to do some decluttering!

I'll help with a camera, also. I realize how busy we can get that day.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Many thanks. I am sure that there will be plenty of pics being taken. Love to see them afterwards.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I hide behind the camera :)

We'll get you anyway, Pixie!!!!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I usually bring my camera--but also--usually forget to use it....
G.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Pixie, not this time...heehee

Sounds like there will be plenty of cameras here. Yippee!!!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I am sorry to report that greenhusegal will be unable to attend. She remembered why the date seemed familiar. She will be missed.

Thanks, Jan. I am very disappointed; this would have been my first DG RU!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Maybe we can drive together to another one.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.