Round Up and Plant Swap at Jan23's in NJ on May 18th info

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

bummer :(

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes Bummer, I was really looking forward to meeting you GHgal.

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

Have you given directions yet? I will be coming up RT 40 from WoodsTown.

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

Quote from HollyAnnS :
Yes Bummer, I was really looking forward to meeting you GHgal.

Thanks, Holly! I was looking forward to putting faces and personalities to names, too.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

:(

Pixie, you and I will be hiding together...lol

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

There's no escape. We'll find you.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh, i'll be easy to spot....I have little to no hair. ^_^
This was taken last Oct., when my brother had chemo, I shaved my head. Then last month my GG nephew passed away from AT/RT and I shaved it in his honor. So I think I will be very noticeable!! LOL

This message was edited Apr 30, 2013 6:04 PM

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Pixie -- you are a star.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

you have no idea!!!.. star is an understatement!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

You 2 are too sweet! I suppose I should bring a hat too, your a little warmer there....which is so exciting! LOL

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

My very best friend has no hair right now. Her grandson (who is usually very conservative) had his hair cut into a Mohican and dyed it pink. I will be so happy to meet another star.

This message was edited May 1, 2013 8:55 AM

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Funny you should say that...I Love the idea of the pink cut!! I was wanting to make a statement so I was thinking the next time I would have a ribbon shaved into the back of my head. Like this only an awareness ribbon....maybe when I do the DEMPSEY 5k. ^_^
http://www.zurmat.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/apple-logo-and-steve-jobs-shaved-into-head-5.jpg

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Pixie -- hooray! I love the ribbon idea, too... but be sure to sunscreen there!! or it may be pinker than you intend.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

ouch .. yes good idea Jill.. something I wouldn't think of

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Ouch!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

That goes double for anybody taking tamoxifen... turns out that medication (which reduces risk of recurrence for estrogen-receptor-positive breast cancer) can greatly increase your sensitivity to the sun. (ask me how I know)

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

ouch again.. I know that one.. thyroid meds do the same :(

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

tres chic Pixie!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

My neighbor friend Cheryl just got back from spending the winter in Florida, and she said she'd love to come to another one of our swaps. A lot of you met her at the swap at my place a few years ago, and she rode up to Ric and Holly's with Critter and I last year. Critter, one more for our road trip! YAY.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh how nice I really enjoyed meeting her at your swap.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Woot, woot!!!

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

The more the merrier!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Absolutely!!!!!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I have sent a dmail blast out with info. If you are coming and have NOT gotten a dmail, please let me know. If I have not addressed any of your questions please let me know.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Jan - My sister Julie is planning to come with us.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Awesome!!! The more the merrier!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Can't wait to meet everyone! Greenhouse_gal, sorry you can't make it. I will have to meet you another time.

I will be bringing my camera. I don't go many places without it.

Karen

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I found out that there will be a parade on Saturday morning at 10. This will affect the directions. The start of the parade is the shopping center by the Acme. If you get to town while they are detouring traffic, here is an alternate route to my house.

Still get off exit 1A. Rt. 49 east. Pennsville Salem
After the custard stand and a church on your left Take the first left onto Churchtown RD.
Take the third Right onto Wingate Drive. (there is a section that is BUMPY). It will eventually make a sharp right curve.
take the first LEFT onto William Penn Ave.
Take the third RIGHT onto Glenwood Ave.
At the T (one house). There we are. Corner of Glenwood and Queen.

Or call me. You have my info from the dmail.

I was talking to my friend about what to bring as a covered dish, we both joked about everyone bringing potatoes salad or Mac salad. So I was wondering if we could get a rough idea what everyone is going to bring, that at we don't wind up with too much of just one thing.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Maybe someone could pull together a consolidated posting on the food thread, http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1307660/. It would take a lot of space for everyone to re-post! As for me, I'm bringing wine....

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

The list is in the first post on this thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1307660/

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

So sorry -- I scanned the first couple entries and didn't see names with it -- apologies!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

No problem, dear

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Jan you are really on the ball!

This message was edited May 14, 2013 12:08 PM

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

After deep thought and great consideration I really would like to swap out my roast beef for sandwiches to my family recipe broccoli and cauliflower salad.

..After all it is a plant swap!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Ok, Paul. Sounds great!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.