April Weather-No Fooling!

(Zone 7a)

Today started out chilly at 38º and has warmed to 55º. It's sunny so I took advantage and got seeds and bulbs in.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Had frost overnight again (tonight too) and warmed up to mid 50s. Not much of a beeze so it was tolerable.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

62 For today's high . 60 now.. mostly cloudy , real nice late afternoon..

52 for high today and rain this morning, cleared off for awhile then rain again late afternoon.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

19C / 66 F

Moose Jaw River is on the rise, Thunder Creek is now a river.....still waiting on break-up. 16 km south of Moose Jaw melt is now crossing the highways.

Finally got out of Moose Jaw and went to a greenhouse in Regina. Soul food indeed for these colour starved eyes.

Countryside yesterday. Moose Jaw was +16 C, the countryside at heat of the day was -2 C (snow kept everything cool) and Regina, surrounded by snow, got to a steamy +2 C.

Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

73º today. I went out & did some disking. Probably start planting onions Monday.
Plastic going on tomato house in the morning, if no wind.

Drizzle off and on all day. Highs in the low 50s. Tomorrow we supposedly will see mid 70s and sunshine.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They're calling for a high of 97F on Friday. It's way too early to be that hot. There is a fire weather warning out for later in the week, too.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Hit a high of +70F yesterday and our river had break-up! It's officially spring here now. :D

cooler day today +8C is our current temp at 11 a.m.

Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

60's and rain , going for the all time record for April Light breeze 2 or three mph is intermittent . nice rainy spring day even if it feels cool to you .

71 and sunny now. Only thing that would have made this day perfect would have been dry yards. Other than that perfect!!!

(Zone 7a)

76º yesterday! Woohoo! Too bad I was inside for most of it. Oh well...I'm off work the next few days so I can enjoy more sunnny days.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

74 TODAY 77 tomorrow and 80 for the first
8.60 all time precipitation for April After a rainy gray morning and the rain being done , We likely finish at 8.58 THE second most rainfall for April ever (well, as to record keeping)
,, It has been a rainy month ,
6 mph Wind

Currently 80, sunny and breezy. Tomorrow we will come close to 90. I'm loving it!!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Cloudy this morning but I'm sure it will clear up. It is the Catalina Eddy time of year, when we get a lot of clouds from off the ocean. Tonight the wind is supposed to shift and it will be in the 90s with strong wind and very low humidity for several days. I doubt there will be any more rain until the late fall. It is getting too late in the year for rain. That has got to sound very strange to most of you.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Yesterday the only snow left in our yard was on the North side of the house.....this is what my yard looked like at 6:00 am (we've had more since then...and it is still falling).

April 27th we were at 70F.

Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon
(Zone 7a)

60º for our high today.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Well, crappy month is nearly behind us. Tomorrow is
May 1. Snow is forecast.
Good part is the slow snow melt made for little to no flooding. They dropped the crest at Fargo-Morehead by 2 ft yesterday.
We are busy planting.Yesterday was beans. Today Radish,Carrots & Beets. Onion planting started yesterday. She had 5 rows in by 11 AM today. I think that was 2 boxes, only 6 to go!

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Last Day Of April , 80's sunny ,, cooking hot ,, One thermometer is is reading 86 degrees at this hour . Wind moderate to light , Wind SSW
IT IS A HOT DAY OUTDOORS !!!

HIghs in the low 80s with a strong wind today. Now 79. All in all not a bad day. Will be cold for next several days now.

Some weird daffodils. Maybe Vampire Daffodils? LOL. Get them to bloom around Halloween and we will have a hit on our hands. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23
Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Really hot today, cold front tomorrow, really cold Thursday and Friday.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

We're doing our best to cool you folks off. Snowfall below happened this morning.

Wake me up next summer, winter may just be over by then. May 10th is the next cold front for Texas from what I hear from the fellows down in Houston that pray for this (obviously they don't grow plants. Oh joy! :'(

This message was edited Apr 30, 2013 11:28 PM

Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

New thread for old wore out weather.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1310362/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.