April Weather-No Fooling!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

This is our white wonderland this morning. No travel advised. Schools closed from western to eastern MN.
31º Snow is soon done here, but just kicking in in the Minneapolis - St. Paul metro area. Cars in ditches & up against guard rails all over.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Newest clipper isn't here yet. Expecting 35 cm ~20 inches of the white stuff this weekend.

Currently -1

Pics show deer in badlandish area (food to be found there)...also the first bit of dirt we've seen in 7 months and our farm is somewhere in the bluey white pic.

Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Nothing like that here , a little sleet a little rain I hear Indianapolis got 60 to 70 mph winds and golf ball size hail though . Lots of broken glass , cars, windows , Broken trees , routine for the weather assault ..
50's here dropping to 40's tonight tomorrow , then 30's a night maybe two , Afew cold days to come .

Fox weather new from Indianapolis is where I saw the story , Different computer I cannot do the link ,

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Low 40s here and cloudy. Saw a few flakes here and there. Uncovered a few plants at work thinking it would warm up to 40s quickly but it took it's sweet time. Rain chances everyday all thru Weds next week.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

We have ANOTHER cold front forecast for next week same temps same days. This is crazy.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Oh I believe it 1lisac...here's my city's forecast made by a met in Houston, Tx http://home.comcast.net/~cgh57/moosy.gif

Here's the thread he posted it in (about 3 or 4 posts from the bottom): http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=105266&hilit=&start=3480

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Either Texas or California is going to have to send some warmth up here or this winter will never, ever end.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

I love the pictures Country and Lily, the deer especially. ☺

Hot muggy here, rain just hanging out there on the coast thinking about what it wants to do. ☺

51 and sunny currently.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Have heard some nasty news...some are saying that the models show snow/cold could hit my location around April 21st (if that is true Texas, and areas between here and there, may have frost warnings/snow around that time too.

I have looked at the long range forecast for this area ( I don't know why bc they can't get it right even for the next day) but I did notice that there were a couple of warm days followed by cool and cold days. I only saw a couple of hot days this month. That's so unusual and I can't complain but jeez..

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

40 cold , cloudy, windy , feels like 33..

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Not much new weather wise. High of 74F, partly sunny. Could use some rain as always.

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Warming here. 37º Partly sunny. Snow melting.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Forget it Bernie...it won't last.

1lisac the forecast never works out if you want it.....however that which you dread with every fibre of your being WILL come to pass. :'(

Speaking of which one heck of a snow storm is headed my way.

-1C

Thank you warm zone ladies for your lovely pics full of COLOUR!!! (at least I now know I'm not colour blind).

This message was edited Apr 13, 2013 1:12 PM

Mountain View, HI

Quiet dry weather for the last few days, very little wind, humid and mid to upper 70's.

Storm front coming in from west of Kauai - Severe thunderstorm watch up for Kauai and Oahu. Supposed to stall over Oahu and dissipate. Not much weather is forecast for The Big Island. Now we look out the window and can hear thunder rumbling over Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa. So much for the weather experts predictions. I wish they would stick there heads out of the window and look up occasionally.

63 and oh so nice outside. Perfect temps!!

Thumbnail by pepper23
Mountain View, HI

The weather system stayed over Kauai and Oahu and the thunder near us faded and disappeared.

Today it is moderate southerly winds whistling through the ironwood trees, almost cloudless skies and 82f in the shade - just 2 feet from my open window near the computer. Hilo town down on the coast is 85 but feels like 87f. Southerly winds really heat up blowing down across the lava fields.

Not likely to see any meaningful rain for another week. We need those cool tradewinds to come back.

High around 72, mostly sunny til later in the day when clouds rolled in ahead of the rain. Now it's raining with some thunder.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

We got some strong lines of thunderstorms last night, knocked out the power for a couple hours and that doesn't happen very often in our area since we're on the main grid. Nice and cool this morning, but they say up to 87..kind of doubt that.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

51 for high. Rain this morning and damp and chilly rest of day.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Upper 60's cool gray day for the temperature , sprinkled rain off and on .
Wind made the hands cold around the greenspaces ,,

It was almost 90 here today and the a/c isn't working. Supposed to be the same tomorrow. Then it supposed to go down into the high 60s low70s with nights in the high 30s and 40s. This is beginning to be a weekly occurrence. Crazy!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Well we've been informed the end of Winter 2013 is near .... we are praying that we have some days in the high 30's low 40's before the 70's arrive (probably around May 1st)

There is a whole lot of water just waiting to be released out there.

So hard for our youth involved sports.....their fields are still deep in snow.

Pictures captured yesterday. Very compacted snow (almost solid ice now).

Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

RAIN,Thunderstorms ,high near 70 .
Still 50's now though, another cool gray day for the temps.
This is the only month last year that we had reached our average rainfall here .

46 and cloudy. Strong storms possible overnight and all day tomorrow.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

70's here today 73% humidity the few hours of sunshine made that real warm muggy
Rain last night this morning early and a heavy downpour a couple of hours ago ..

Thumbnail by juhur7

Tornados in Olkahoma and Illinois currently. Very active storm. Slim chance of them here. We never left the 50s so we aren't warm enough. We should get some good sized hail along with alot of rain though.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

April 27th is the date I've heard could bring a lot of melt

"People are worried.

It's been too cold, there's too much snow and not just in Saskatchewan or Manitoba but upstream in North Dakota too.

Anticipating the spring thaw is akin to poking a grizzly bear with a stick: eventually the beast will awaken. Exactly how ferocious that beast will be is still the great unknown.

This much is certain; there will be flooding in North Dakota, Saskatchewan, and especially Manitoba because that is where the mighty rivers drain. And it is there where the battle of human vs nature is truly at work."

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/storm_watch_stories3&stormfile=Facing_fears__fighting_floods_17_04_2013?ref=ccbox_homepage_category1

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Some rain again here. End of drought, maybe?
Still not warm, 31º. Snow forecast.

Windy, low humidity, high of 85F. If this keeps up, and there's no reason to think it won't, fire season will start early this year. The wild grass has turned brown already.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 7:51 AM PDT on April 18, 2013
63 °F
Clear
Humidity: 13%
Dew Point: 10 °F
Wind: 17 mph from the North
Wind Gust: 23 mph
Pressure: 30.19 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 1 out of 16
Pollen: 7.30 out of 12

(Zone 7a)

Looks like we'll be warming up over the next few days. We had a hard freeze last night but we protected most of the tenderest plants. Everything looks great! Only a slight wilt to some and they'll recover.

35º and sunny.

Cherry tree from the past weekend.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Started today at 80 degrees , raining now , temperature falling 50's with a cold strong wind ,intermentently ,,,, Temperatures are forecast to fall steadily to freezing from now, until tomorrow night ,,
Yeah , I know ,, same as everybody ,, Goofy Weather ,,, sheesh ,

I am not going to complain about the rain , Only I will about the temperatures doing what they are doing , I am never satisfied? ,, darn right !!!

Started out in the 40s this morning and now are at 37. We will get close to freezing here tonight so I brought in some of my newer plants.

We got about 4 inches of rain yesteday it looks like. I have an ice cream bucket outside collecting rain water and it's almost half full.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I have two "of those"(ice cream buckets) sitting outside , they are both full and a couple of containers besides

This message was edited Apr 18, 2013 8:01 PM

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

No travel advised. In April ? Gees!
Snowed all day. 5" on the ground.
30º

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sunny this morning. 27º
A couple shots out my front door today.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens

I hope the strange weather doesn't mess up Midwest agriculture.

We always get a hot spell in April. They are calling for 90F tomorrow. I sure wish I could share about 20 degrees of it.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Last year farmers were nearly done planting corn. We won't be in the fields for at least two weeks.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

30's Drizzle, Strong wind .. bah humbug!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.