April Weather-No Fooling!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Let's hope April brings more normal weather & nice refreshing rains for everybody!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

80 today with severe thunderstorms. We sure needed the rain!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

30's here looking for 40 rained most of last night , no winter mix , partly cloudy , a bright gray looking day .
I guess the snow thing was an April Fool's joke! ^_^

(Zone 7a)

Rain here. Not much but every drop helps. I spread fertilizer yesterday in anticipation of the rain.

54º a overcast.

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

A mostly cloudy day with scattered showers and 52°. Yesterday was a lot of hail and t-storms.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I had some flurries when I drove to work this morning at 4:30am. lol. Currently 46 and sunny. The wind is blowing a bit too so there's a nip in the air.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful Day!!!!!! Not sure what the high was today, but it was soooo pretty out. We were out to go to the Dr. and run errands, and of course the grocery store, but it was really a nice day to be out and about.

Supposed to rain again tomorrow! The plants will be happy!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

This is the sixth driest year on record.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

38 Degrees clear ,sunny, low 40's for today . Light wind still bites a might

I thought we reached 50s today but I guess it was only mid 40s. lol. Sunny day and chilly. I got out and cut back some of my dead stuff in the garden so I'm slowly getting it ready for full on spring.

Mountain View, HI

Broke some records for lowest temperatures in some parts of the islands. In our location we had three straight days where temp did not go above 64f and we did not see the sun. Cause was a large low pressure area swinging North or Northwest winds our way. Relatively dry cloudy weather from that direction. Upper 50s and lower 60s across the islands at night. Extra blanket weather.
Trade wind are returning so temps will rise a degree or two. Still forecast to be dry for a while. Sun is out today.
Problem is that the tropical plants kind of stop growing in this cool weather when they should be starting "spring" growth.

Highs in the low 60s and sunny. A very nice spring day!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Mid 50's sunny today looking for 60 to 67 for tomorrow with sunshine . Oh Yeah!!!!

Not much change. 40s and 50s at night, 70s and 80s during the day. No rain.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Currently 72 and the winds have finally died down. It was almost a perfect day today except for the darn wind.

Cloudy and windy this morning. They're calling for gusts up to 40mph for the next two days.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Groundhog Day and our never ending winter is still happening here.
Currently -2 with fresh snow :P....clippers are still going by.

Forecast though does show the storms eventually skipping us and instead taking a trip across the U.S.

We are praying for slow melt.......8 feet of snow is in the hills below us so we are in flood prep mode. Was told by a met in North Dakota that Minot is beyond sick with worry.

This message was edited Apr 7, 2013 9:47 AM

Low 70s and currently sprinkling. Storms possible overnight tonight, tomorrow night and Tuesday night. Each storm stronger than the last.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Nice today 70 degrees
The above to come ..

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Just saw Bernie's heading for February

"February weather - only six weeks of winter left!"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :'(

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes Lilypon , It happened that way , Your imagination is snowing you!!!! Hmmm...

Mountain View, HI

Still not much rain, still very little wind but boy what happened to those cold temperatures. Last night it stayed near 70 and today the thermometer hit 80 and humid.

Who knows what it will be like tomorrow. And waves on the northshore of Oahu were up to 25 feet two days ago. A bit late in the season.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

lol yep and now it is frozen solid (my imagination, our ruts, our melted snow, our loverly ruts)

ook out below!!! :double:

Moose Jaw, SK
Current Weather 6:25 CST
Clear

-16°C/3°F

Clear

Feels Like : -22
Wind : NW 9 km/h

Humidity : 78%
Pressure : 102.7 kPa
Visibility : 16 km

Sunrise : 6:22
Sunset : 19:46
Ceiling : unlimited

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

p.s. I bet some areas of Texas will be reporting freezing warnings again in a day or two!

They're calling for wind gusts to 60 mph but we'll see.

(Zone 7a)

Rain, rain, rain. Again. Last month, we had nearly an inch and so far this month we're at 1.47". The plants are growing like crazy. Snow is predicted for today and tomorrow morning. We'll see.

42º, winds at 6mph, humidity 84%, barometer has been falling steadily since Sat.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

My report for the next three weeks, mid 80's/mid 60's warm and sunny with a chance of afternoon thunderstorms. The weather people can take a vacation now in Central FL. ☺

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

73 degrees
Wind 15 to 18 mph
gusts 25
Waiting for rain . partly cloudy

Low 70s, cloudy and humid. Waiting to see if we get another round of storms tonight. Weather people saying no but it's cloudy and humid so who knows. Tomorrow night we have a high risk of severe storms with a chance of tornadoes. Not gonna be a fun night.

Then as soon as those storms roll thru we will be dealing with freeze warnings for several nights again. I guess it's safe to say it's Spring Time!!

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

Our weather is the usual here...in the 80's today then in the 50's tomorrow!!! All that wind from Moosejaw bringing it in! !!!! lol

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Kelli-I'm originally from Granada Hills I went to Chaminade and graduated from CSUN. I can't believe it's the 6 th driest year on record that's incredible. Those Santa Ana winds are terrible they always make me worry about fire. I remember the Station Fire...be safe.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Big storm is here. We are getting much needed rain. 35º

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Cindylove what is your forecast for the next day?
re winds I will admit we do tend to cool them off quite well (its depressing when areas of the arctic are warmer than us).

I saw one fellow in Denison is now saying he is expecting 34F Wednesday night.

We are currently at

-9°C
A few clouds

Feels Like : -15
Wind : W 13 km/h

Humidity : 64%
Pressure : 103.9 kPa
Visibility : 16 km

Sunrise : 6:20
Sunset : 19:47
Ceiling : unlimited

and we be up to 0C/32F later on.

News really isn't good now for Saskatchewan/North Dakota/Manitoba re flooding now http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/story/2013/04/08/sk-april-flood-map-1304.html

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

we won't see 0/C here until Friday morning 80/F degrees now , Hot already .. What would that be 50 degrees centigrade? or is the Celsius ? oops
Winds are still about the same 15 mph up to 25 mph gusts.
Still awaiting rain ..

This message was edited Apr 9, 2013 7:03 PM

This message was edited Apr 9, 2013 8:44 PM

Storm will be here overnight. Walda is it's name now?? Chance of tornados appears to have gone down but we'll see. Temps in low 70s and humid out. I took advantage earlier to burn some grass in the garden and some dead stuff off my catmint. Saves me some trimming and my plants love it. lol. It was sprinkling while I was doing it so not much burned.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Where's Waldo?
We had lots of rain yesterday AM, then it regenerated towards dark. Heavy rain, thunder & lightning. Changed to snow later. Coating of white on the ground this morning. 29º
Snow for tonight.

Breezy and low humidity this morning. They are calling for a high of 85F.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on April 10, 2013
61 °F
Clear
Humidity: 19%
Dew Point: 18 °F
Wind: 6 mph from the WNW
Pressure: 30.04 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 9.00 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Rain and 70's currently, light wind at 5mph,
After the rain slowed to a trickle , it is 81 degrees now , low tonight around 60 .. wow! is this warm!!!
How about a garden hog !

This message was edited Apr 10, 2013 5:04 PM

Thumbnail by juhur7

Currently 42 and raining. Still. All the hail and stuff was overnight and it's been off and on steady rain and downpours all day. Tonight we will be around the freezing mark.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Sounds like the storm came your way first Pepper then moved this way!

Rain, rain, rain, here again today, but very thankful for it. We really needed it. Everything was soooo dry!

It dropped 30 deg in a very short matter of time this afternoon. It was 81 in Houston, and 51 in Katy not that far away. They showed it on the weather map. It eventually got down in the fifties here as well. As long as it doesn't freeze, it's OK with me.

Low forties in the am, high of 62 tomorrow afternoon.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.