December 2012- Where's the snow???

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

That's some snow there, juhur! It hasn't snowed very much here yet.
I once counted the miles to I-70, if I remember right, it was 5 to 6 miles South, I am closer to the Missouri River, it's only about 1 mile North of here, (altho, there's no access to it that close, unless you work for a barge company!). I'm all for less snow, that is fine with me, it means less shoveling and stuff! Maybe less snow to cover up the food I put out for the birds and squirrels yesterday! I can't hear I-70 from here and I am glad! lol Unfortunately, I hear that underground "bombing" or mining for aggregate or limestone or whatever they do, but that's not far from here. -
http://www.aggregateresearch.com/articles/2060/Lafarge-plans-new-mining-in-Sugar-Creek.aspx That document is old but that's the kind of "mining" they do around here. I think that's what I hear, they do it all nite sometimes, it's somewhat far away but when it's so quiet it booms pretty good.
I saw Django Unchained today, it's a good movie, a little dramatic with the shooting and all but overall a good portrayal of life back in the day I'm guessing.
Every other word is the n word, which was unsettling.
Also, I don't think they did much research on which trees grow where, they had BIG Live Oak trees with much spanish moss on them, in Tennessee, which I'm quite sure isn't naturally a tree in TN. Somebody has probably nursed one Live Oak or a few along there but I doubt they're big, old and plentiful like in the movie.

Ok pepper, we'll see about your forecast! I-70 IS a good border for weather oddly enuff, it and the Missouri River. One time they said North of the Missouri River was like blizzard conditions, I think in 2007, at the time I lived about 15 miles North of the river and I worked 15 miles South of the river and when I got off work and went over a Missouri River bridge I couldn't hardly see, I went over the bridge like 5 mph!

A Crepe Myrtle, Rose? Every time I tried one it came up only as a shrub, it could be different down there though.

Wow, juhur, that is some shoveling snow there!

Here is the backyard here today. - There's my big trailer and my little trailer, (the pushmower hauler).

Hehe.. MN. is very typical with the snow, it seems like it would be quite a nuisance! If I lived there, I'd definitely have an excuse to have a big tire 4wd!

Thumbnail by shortleaf
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well icicles ,popcicles , ya feel lie one after a while "out there'
whats up any shoveling any throwing of icicles;
Movie sounds interesting ,beware vulgarity ,violence ,, and gore!!! Love it all!!!! LOL

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Now we are expecting 5 inches of snow but the first bit will melt at first to create icy roads. Not gonna be fun driving tomorrow!!

The weather does sound a bit sketchy for driving tomorrow. Ya know, people have been killed by falling icicles! Yeah Django Unchained is gory, I think Quentin Tarantino has a thing with eyeballs, Kill Bill now this one!

Hi all! This is what it looks like In Independence, Missour, (Kansas City, MO. metro.)! I was out a while ago to rob a liquor store for the rent money, this is what it looked like about 10 this morning. -
The roads are still okay but it's accumulating gradually everywhere else. I dropped my ski-mask in the street after the holdup and it was all wet!

Thumbnail by shortleaf
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well that looks like fun, sounds like fun too!!!! Money and ice later ,, allright!!!
Except for your confession , the water and ice should erase all traces of dna ... Unless you are all ready on record, you know from infant tracking devices!!lol

They'll never find me! Here I am! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU47JfOz7hE

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Wow that was fast !!!; all the way to the Czech Republic and back in one morning? That is one way to do a liquor store stick up..!!!
Only as to how you did that I am stumped?

Thumbnail by juhur7

Don't you know you can do anything you put your mind to, it's all in the mind! That was on Tosh.0 the other day. They zoomed in on his hand several seconds BEFORE he smashed it over the clerk's head, like it was a pretty good signal that it was about to be used like a weapon! It was funny on the show, Daniel Tosh says, "who holds a beer bottle like that"?!
At least it's better than the dream I had last nite. I dreamed I plunked down $1,800 for the plans to build a custom house. I woke up right after the dream, I couldn't believe it, I told my friend, she was getting ready for work, I said, "In a dream, I just paid $1,800 for the plans to build a house in a storm sewer, I like to grow plants, how am I going to grow any plants?". She said, "I could grow mosses and lichens"! They had like all these folding chairs down there under the street in the dream and there was like 25 customers there, all getting ripped off by these scammers dressed like used car salesmen. I remember in the dream, I was just happy to pay it too!
Man, I hope that's not insight into things to come! I don't want to live in the steenking sewer!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

ME TOO!!! too much caffeine !!!^_^^_^^_^

Haha! Too much caffeine! I don't drink coffee! Now pop, I drink a lot of pop but not in my sleep! lol
The snow is coming down now, but it isn't accumulating in the street yet. Boy, I hope it doesn't get too much colder!
Today, I took off some wallpaper in the kitchen. It was starting to look a little regularly hideous, the wallpaper had been painted over MANY years ago, before my friend bought this house. At least I won't have to clean the walls in there before I paint, everything came off with the wallpaper! Painted over wallpaper is NOT a good look, take my word for it. The walls are incredibly smooth, the wallpaper came off pretty good.
Will

Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

No way to ventilate here , couldn't do any painting here this time of year.. luck with yours...How's the copper fire pit ,got that baby up and "roastin:"" Chestnuts yet..
HOW about this from the other day and today.,,The end of times translated into snow here !!!LOL This every day for about six days it has snowed here

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Snow and bird pics!! I was taking some pics thru a dirty window so they aren't as clear as they would normally be. lol

Snow missed us for the longest time before it finally hit us. We were in this little bubble of no snow this morning. People all around us were getting 2 inches already and nada here. It finally started snowing but the ground was too warm for it to stick much until it started getting dark. They are still saying around 4 inches for majority of people. I'll believe it when I see it in the morning.

Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23

No, not cooking anything in that firepit yet! I was looking at firepits for sell at Lowes and the metal ones are now painted to look like copper. I asked the guy there and he said that it's painted metal and as soon as the paint burns off it will rust. It was $129.00, my copper one was only $99 at Target 6 years ago.

I'll run the attic fan for 5 or 10 minutes if I paint before Spring, altho my friend says I can't paint until it warms up but I don't want to wait that long. The paint fumes don't really bother me, I'll paint for a few minutes then go to the basement or something. One time many years ago, I painted with a couple of spray cans the inside of my Grandma's shower, that was all rusted, I had a sore throat for 9 days I remember now, I didn't ventilate at all that time!

I like suet feeders because they last a pretty long time and it's fun watching the birds take turns trying to get food out of them. And some of the suet food always falls on the ground and there is more birds down there.

The snow's been coming down all day but it never amounted to anything much in the street which is good for work people, I hope it doesn't turn all slick and nasty overnite.

This message was edited Dec 31, 2012 10:24 PM

THIS THREAD CLOSED!!!

NEW THREAD HERE: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1292534/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.