December 2012- Where's the snow???

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Oh, I see. Nice photo there, is that a Morning Glory or a Petunia, maybe a Viola?
Jello chocolate pudding! If I had that I would gobble it right up on any day!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Grandpa Ott morning glory.., Remember when the sun from summer?

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Oh yes, it was VERY hot then! Pretty flowers for Dec.!

Well, this pic isn't as colorful as juhur's warm 2012 pic but it has 7 squirrels in it, see if you can spot them all, everything in the photo is basically the same color.
I'll link to the big photo in my Comcast webspace so you can look at it if you want. - http://home.comcast.net/~metalglove/pwpimages/photos/100_8116.JPG When your there you might want to click it again to make it great big, and also scroll all the way over to the left to see like 4 more squirrels.
At least it looks like it'll get up to about 40°, enuff to melt some ice and snow for wildlife.for a while.

Oh, I forgot to upload the DG smaller one!

Thumbnail by shortleaf
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Nice pic ,, difficult to do wildlife , we have black Bavarian squirrels here ,

I was sitting and playing with my electronics waiting to see family ..

We wish you a Merry Christmas
And a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Merry Christmas everyone ;
This includes all of you who post here HAP, BILLY P, PEPPER23, AND OF COURSE SHORTLEAF,,

Aww.. and a Merry Christmas to you, juhur, and everybody here!

I usually take bunches of photos of squirrels or birds out the window like that because a lot of the time the photos come out blurry, like it was focusing on the blinds and not whatever was outside. One year there was one maybe 2 albino squirrels coming around, I don't see them anymore, but there are LOTS of Gray Squirrels! I have a few more photos, these squirrels are now quite fat! I even made a Youtube video clip of them if anyone wants to see it. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg3JcjeQiaA&feature=youtu.be Sorry it ends abruptly, my finger musta came off the button too soon, pretend I say "bye and Merry Christmas"! In that last photo it has what's left of a saltine cracker and it has picked up a brown leaf it appears! The squirrels here are quite portly!
Will

Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf

Here are those same 3 photos, yes 3, there was 3 but one was removed automatically and unintentionally
when I accidently clicked the old one with the red x on it but actually you can click anywhere on the photo and it removes it from the earlier post. Anyway, here the 3 are. -
http://home.comcast.net/~metalglove/pwpimages/photos/100_8142.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~metalglove/pwpimages/photos/100_8143.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~metalglove/pwpimages/photos/100_8144.JPG

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Love the squirrels darn cute!! except when they are raiding my fruit trees , then I am always thinking worms have to eat too!!lol
Well you have seen these from this morning ,but here's some snow :

These go with over 4,000 closings, dozens of slide off accidents, general accidents ,and being bogged down in drifts no body is use to this as it has been a while , usually, past years ,this would not be anything.

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I keep meaning to take pics but I also keep forgetting. lol. We still have alot of ice in our parking lot at work. Makes it hard for people to get their vehicles off of it and some of them slip on it. I need to talk to mall manager and see if he can lay melt down or if we have to do it.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes slipping and falling on your duff,can, behind, well you know, the breaking of various body parts is one of the worst things about snow and ice! Besides it just plain hurts!!!
Stay well ,stay warm ,and deck sole shoes or boots to you (to keep from sliding around ,unless you just particularly like too)lol

I have a pair of boots that have soles that remind me of tires. lol. But the holders for the laces aren't metal, they are thin rubber and one broke so it's hard to lace them up right. I haven't been wearing those this season yet. I have another pair of winter boots (all total I have 3 just in winter boots lol) that I have been wearing instead. Traction not so good but easy on my feet and warm.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Vo ist mein Herr ; shortleaf ? Long cold day , about all there is ,... shoveled snow ,put the trash out, caught the winter blues, dreamed of spring , talked to the house plants, welcomed family home from vacation, consoled others who had to work Christmas day and will be New Years, wondering onward!!?lol

I'm right here! I don't know German, I translated it! Might we be of German descent? I fancy myself mostly mutt as I come from varied seed. Actually, my biggest denomination would be Alaskan indian, I am one eighth of that. You talk to plants, juhur?! What do they tell you?!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Everything from: humans , those bags of water" are messing up my environment,!! to Hey Human , Get that water over here ya Bogart!!

Wunderbar liebchen!!! Okay!! you have returned... I was wondering,.

Not since my great great grand relatives, as a matter of fact my revolutionary ancestors had been Prussian (The Bad Guys)lol OF course on my Mothers side The first Naval U.S. Marine Corpse 1804 one those had became ,Died in Tripoli (go figure) Evidence some them were professional soldiers ,just like we were taught, (history) something was true?(scary) Yes mutt,, mutt,, me too ain't it wonderful or should I say WUNDERBAR!!! My sister I use to argue with use to reply more like nutt, nutt mutt , mutt , than mutt ,, The good old days !? Difficult to imagine I still remember that 50 or 60 years later , Man is that a long time some days!!!

Glad you are still with us! , did ya get your snow also? are you ""diggin"" it!!

Thanks, I'm glad to be here! Oh, I dig snow! But, it hasn't snowed much here. It snowed about a week ago, a couple inches, but it's almost all gone now. It's plenty cold though, it's usually around 20 or 25 degrees.
I saw your photos, they look pretty snowy, juhur!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It is like that here also , 20's , The storm was, or is, named Euclid , Sounds familiar ?
Thank you! for stopping in and cheering me up ,I needed it!!! Snow gives me the blues,, lol or maybe the :Blahs."..would be more like it?

I'm part German and Blackfoot mostly. Got some Cherokee I'm told too but the first two are my main heritage.

We still have alot of snow on the ground here. Plenty of ice on gravel roads too.

Stopping by to cheer you up?! Glad that I could help!! : )
I think they said there was more snow further East of here. I thought they said Sedalia got snowed on pretty good.

I remember my Mom would get payments for being a fourth American Indian, and above, she is a fourth. I believe that's like the cutoff for getting benefits, so I am out..lol One time, I remember when I was a kid she got me a bb gun with a big payment.

Yes, Euclid, isn't that a street somewhere or some such!?
Will

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

My Grandfather David on my fathers side ; was from Shawnee town Illinois , Had a half brother who's name I do not know (never did). My father only had one uncle who had passed away early in his young life and one cousin who I was familiar with.. Every thing from that time is hazy,, no photos , no mention of Grandpa's family (Grandpa passed in 1952 a little before I was born.)
A mystery puzzle there, brings to mind a many a question..
My elder said he was in part, and looked like a Jacarillan( A big blonde Navajo looking people) As you might know , that happened often as native people were not as popular with many , at that time...
Well there you have some confusion, me too...

More confusion?! Oh dear.. I am always confused! A Jacarillan eh? Well, I learned something new! I mostly look out the front window, where the sun must be hitting or something, there isn't that much snow in the front. I spoke too soon up there, there is still quite a bit of snow on the ground in a lot of places, the backyard is still pretty well covered with snow and ice.
I raked and sacked up a lawnsack of leaves from around the main feeder in the front so the wildlife don't have to dig so much to get the stuff I put out there. I put some more stuff out there for them. When I feed the birds, I mean I feed the freaking birds! - I wasn't really a fan of the CrackerJack toys going out on the ground. By the way, that's all expired stuff, we save it to put outside, they eat like kings for a few days. I had put a bunch of sunflower seed out there first, I'll get a photo of them later all eating the food.

This message was edited Dec 28, 2012 2:15 PM

Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Birds with big fuzzy tails!!!! like that too... I remember cracker jack toys ! I don't know if I spelled that correctly or not ,, we all learn some things from time to time.. If I find anything interesting/ i will be back later

Oh yeah couldn't even imagine raking leaves , while shoveling snow ,,

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I was helping rearrange the garage earlier ,we have more snow tonight and tomorrow then rain and snow in a day or so. Super ,!!! nasty mucky ucky weather..
I still like that feeder in the pic!! Too cold to do much , it gets better though.. only good thing about it, if it is bad ,,it changes.
As said earlier ,,this time the car is in the garage!lol Kind of funny ,,but that is where it belongs, Something is where belongs!! that does not happen that often around here...

Stuff where it belongs hehe! I really try to have stuff where it belongs so I remember where it's at. I remember a Grandfather used to say, "put stuff back so it's there the next time you need it".
It wasn't overly profound or anything, but man is it nice to know where stuff's at!

I see, rearranging a garage so you could get a car in it eh? We need to do that too, but it's way more than just rearranging the garage for us! Garages should indeed house a car. I watch House Hunters on HGTV quite a bit and I don't know what some people are thinking when they've converted a garage into a room, it just kills the resale value and chance of selling the house.

Yeah, plenty cold. Historically, they say, the coldest part of the year is coming up, the first to middle of January, so this is NOT the time to p off the landlord and get kicked out! lol
Will

Thanks juhur, that's a cool birdfeeder. I think it's a birdfeeder, maybe it's something else, loading on it isn't very ideal at all, you can't drop birdseed in it or anything, you have to throw it in from the side, which isn't ideal. Anybody know what that thing is? It's got a matching birdbath, complete with frozen water.

Where'd that pepper go?!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I don't know what that is all about either, it is snowing harder here right now than what they said was suppose to be a blizzard Earlier the weather people said one inch and we are accumulating that by the hour!!!! Now they are saying three to five inches by three a.m. , but it is suppose to snow through nine or so a.m. tomorrow morning.
That works out to be ten or twelve inches by my math !!! that's a lot of snow for an inch!!!?
I wish I knew what I was doing , wouldn't it be nice!!?
Okay pepper we can trade places? ,since you are a snow lover!!lol

Looks like an old light without the lens. lol.

Here, just been busy.

Snow coming here on Monday!! Not sure of accumulation yet since it's early but hoping at least a few inches. Need traction on some of the ice that is left.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

At moment I think we are hogging it all !! lol It has not snowed here, like it is right now in years !!! Man it is coming down , should make for pics in the morning...

And besides that .. I am really glad I got that car in the garage!! WOW!!!

Hmmm.. maybe it's a lighthouse, that never occurred to me, but it's got a metal bird in it and one on top of it, the silhouette kinda looks like real birds but they're fake. I didn't see that until now, but one of the 2 matching birdbaths is in the photos up there!

You don't know what your doing either, juhur?! Join the club, me neither!! lol

I was watching a movie or something the other day, "somebody said, you don't walk, you slide like a lizard on ice". I thought that was so funny, I thought I was going to die! I'm gonna slide like a lizard on ice out there!

Ewww.. snow Monday?! Gotta say, not a big fan of shoveling walks and car at 5:30 am!

Yes, we need snow pics, this IS wintertime!

Forsyth, MO

I found it! I looked out the window last night and "Lo and Behold! It was snowing!" I wasn't sure I'd recognize it, but somehow it came back to me when I saw it, SNOW in Forsyth, MO, just a skip and a jump from Branson. Guess that means half the town will head South now that the season is over.

RoseRustler

Forsyth, MO

The Snow is here in the Ozarks for anyone looking for it. It sneaked up on us last night! Married to military retiree we've lived all over, and moved here in 2001 just in time to see "everything change" on 9-11-01. Didn't know I could appreciate the homeland even more than before, but I did after that. We left behind a San Antonio home with a botanical garden that made us one of the highest water consumers in that county, and 12 years later find ourselves cliff dwellers in the form of a third floor balcony with the best view of the lake in the county. We're getting creative with a small space, and the best thing we did was pot up a Crepe Myrtle tree last Spring. Too late in the season to find a healthy colorful one we accepted White and it quickly became the Bistro Spot for birds, the Hummers hid among the blooms and branches between sips, with regular sortees to patrol the windows where they gazed on shelves of African Violets hoping to have a sample. The tree provided shade for the Western exposure. As Winter came on and the leaves went home to their fathers and were replaced by tiny white fairy lights wrapping the main trunk and draped over bare limbs, bringing reports of Cheer from neighbors and workmen. This year I'm on it early, I need tips on which CMs give the most bang for the buck, and how to prevent the sticky stuff that attracts wasps, which by the way did a great job of cleaning up the stuff. Suggestions and questions very welcome. RoseRustler in the Ozarks

Welcome to the forum and to DG! Forsyth, Mo. eh? In the Branson Micropolitan statistical area, a vacationer's paradise! Anyway, that's what Wikipedia says, you see, I look everything up! Forsyth is an interesting town, it has an interesting history too. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forsyth,_Missouri
Will

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I have been through here.
Here it is here today; snowed all night..

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

14º sunny.
Typical MN winter day.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

These were cleaned off yesterday ,yes I know a couple of you saw them already.. lol
But still a better example, and after shoveling 50 or 60 yds. to free us to the street. I need to say or show something.

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

I always remember to take pics on my phone but not the camera. lol

My brother says 5-7 inches on Monday and a local news station says 3-4 inches. The further south of I-70 you are the more you will get. The further north, the less you will get. Will, I will get more than you since I am a couple miles south of I-70 (not far enough for me, since I can hear it on quiet days). Snow starts early Monday morning and lasts into early Tuesday morning.

I say bring it on!! LOL!!

Welcome Rose!! Always love new faces!! The Ozarks are beautiful year round. I need to visit down there more often.

Juhur, I heard that you will end up with around 8 inches on top of what you got from the last storm. Who's right? You or them? lol

Hey Bernie!! Typical is good. lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

They weather stats are saying 8&1 /2 the first 6 &1/2 the second , I think my table and stump would argue that ,My table looks close to that 6 but the stump says nearer 12
I guess it is all in how you look at it ^_^

Fishing and Bluegrass in the Ozarks ? All,right!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.