Morning Glories 2012 #14 Fall and Winter

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Helena.
My ochracea just makes 2 and 1/2 to 3 inch blooms but the yellow is so pretty and bright, I don't mind. Its big enough
to make me happy. :-) It might be that if the vine itself got huge, the blooms might be even bigger

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I can't wait to see it too, Jackie. Like you all, i have to get baking done too, but i just can't seem to either do it, or do it. LOL

i have some joyce cobbs downstairs blooming from darrin. I have run out of batteries, can't seem to get my self to the store, it is so cold here all i want to do is come home and get into my jammies and robe and blankets. found one of the blue stripe i nils downstairs had a very ripe seed pod, so i now have 4 seeds to put in the basement mix for you all. YAY! I promise these will be at least tagged as basement window mix . *sigh*
anyway.. here is the plant the seedpod is from..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Your Blue Stripe is a very pretty MG Debra.

Been very cold here too, in the 40's but made it to 52 today, how nice it was..

My little yellow Philodendron is going crazy in the g house. I've taken a tip cutting and trying to root it.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty bloom Debra.

Nice plant Jackie, pretty color on the leaves. Got very cold here too, our 2nd light frost.

Thanks Helena. Our cold nightime temps are going to moderate somewhat. We've had
2 nights at 25 and last night was 28. Hopefully no
freezing temps tonight nor for the next few nights to come.
Wish Darren would check in every once in a while, we miss his posts.

Gautier, MS

I'm really not keeping up with the temps, all I know is that's cold. I added another lamps to a conner of my gh for some warmth. My hibiscus plants are still outside in big pots, I need to bring in my fancy one. The other ones spent winter outside last year, I'll probably just move them closer to the house. Nice and sunny here now, it'll be nice and warm by noon. No mg blooming today and all my seedlings look great. I did start a few more seeds and they are doing good so far.

Helena, I do like to watch the temps cause of my g house but not necessary since my heater kicks off and on automatically. I didn't always have a heater that kicked on by itself so watching the temps and forecast lows was necessary. Old habits die hard. Having that great feature keeps me from running down there all the time. It 's at least 100 feet from my back porch. Still wishing for an attached green house, maybe one day.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, that would be very nice to have an attached gh greenhouse! Me too, we've thought about doing that on our back porch from time to time.
Glad you have your automatic heater, wish I had one too. But I have to check on my plants everyday to see which needs to be watered.

love the yellow on the philo, mine are all hanging in the pink bedroom, had some blooms but camera is still in need of the dreaded battery thing.
miss darren, too.

Helena, I keep hoping like everyone else that I'll win the lottery. lol then my attached g house would be no
problem.
Debra. thanks, I love that little Philo and can't believe how fast its growing. Hope you get new batteries soon
so you can send pics.

Yesterday was Darren's birthday. I did a Birthday thread for him.

I happy birthday sang to him on facebook..I sure do miss his posts.
his joycecobbs are bloomin gaway downstairs
the large
purplestar are blooming again
seedpod are ripening
that is the news here today
sister is home from the hospital now she is very happy to be home

Debra, your Purple Star is a real beauty. Glad to hear you're getting seed pods.
Been so long since I've seen a Joyce Cobb, I can't even remember what it looks like.

Truly no place like home. Sending your sis another card tomorrow. :-)

Gautier, MS

Debra, I think your Purple Star is gorgeous too. I'm glad your sis is happy to be home.

We are getting good rain here today. The plants really needed it. Yesterday I planted my Louis Phillip rose by my gh entrance just so I could get the scent as I go by. It's one of the antiques roses. I'll be getting at least a few more roses after Christmas to replace one dark peach I lost. This crazy weather, it has warmed up here some.

We could use a good soaking too Helena. Been a while since we had enough rain to matter.
Good idea to plant your roses where you can enjoy the great fragrance. :-)

I sure miss my Blue Marble Not, this pic from Sept

Thumbnail by patootie
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Love that Jackie!!

Thanks Ronnie. I did not get a chance to mark individual blooms like the one above. Wish I could have
because some of the blooms were really special. Any sd could probably make that incredible bloom though.
Lets hope!! :-)

Gautier, MS

Gorgeous bloom Jackie!!

Thanks Helena.

That is a beautiful bloom, worthy of a frame, Jackie. I worked on special christmas seed packets today, mailing two out tommorrow. Hope no one has moved and not updated me of their address LOL
time for bed.. cya in the late evening tommorrow.
this is from august 2011

prolly some seeds in the mixes I am sending out.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

All lovely blooms Debra. Great clear pics too.

To our new thread
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1291505

This message was edited Dec 18, 2012 11:39 PM

Gautier, MS

Beautiful pictures Debra.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.