Morning Glories 2012 #14 Fall and Winter

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Linda, I see the articles Deb mentioned does suggest the use of the rooting hormone powder. I like to use that too. You might try some to see if it speeds rooting. Might add a little sand to your potting mix to keep it light so the cutting doesn't rot. Thats one of the reasons I like to use a light potting mix.

Debra, so sorry to hear this bad news. I hope and pray that the new chemo will help your sis. Shes fought so hard and I'm glad she has you and Joe to lean on for support. Keeping her in my prayers
Lovely Morning Glory

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sorry for the sad news Debra. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers for her! (((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) for you!

Thanks for the info on the rooting info. I will let you all know how it goes!

Gautier, MS

Repeat bloom this morning.

This message was edited Dec 6, 2012 10:36 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, we don;'t mind that its a repeat. Beautiful dark bloom.
I have mis-placed my battery charger for my Sony cybershot.Trying to order another one. Good thing that
I'm not taking many pics right now.
No wonder I couldn't find these pics of my favorite hige, they're just on my pics page not within any dated file.
Don't have a clue now how that happens.

A Purple Tie Dye, coming out of Parks Pkg labeled as Blue TD

Pretty fading Lav LYK with blue showing

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Those are very pretty!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Nice bloom Helena!
Jackie your hige is real nice, very chilly here so it's nice to see some blooms!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Love the hige, but that one in themiddle is beautiful, Jackie. Gee Helena, I am so happy you are still getting blooms!

Thanks everyone. Ronnie, The hige is from last summer, 2011. I didn't even get a vine like that one this yr. :-(
Debra, the one in the middle is the Lav LYK fading to such a pretty color. A shame it didn't want to make any sds even with me trying to help things along.

Oops, edited to say fading Lav LYK not Lav Saz

This message was edited Dec 7, 2012 3:14 PM

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Love your hige and Lav. Saz and tie dye.

I can't say that it's been very cold here. I finaly got a nice size Star of India but the color is off.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Well, its still a pretty color Helena.

Lav Saz coming out of Blue Saz sds.

Plum Purple Velvet

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I hope to grow a few of my saz seeds this coming spring.

I love the soi, helena,I know you say the color might not be right, the water color effect is pretty perfect to me..
Jackie Plum Purple delight is a delight to see!

Thanks Helena and Debra. Helena, I've got to get back on your sds tomorrow. I just need to add a couple and still waiting on the Pink Silk sds to ripen. They've looked the same for 5 to 6 weeks, still green while all the others are fast maturing. I have some nice Saz sds in your envelope Helena.
Debra, I know I sent you some PPV to grow this spring. Hope they make the same lovely blooms I've enjoyed all summer and fall. Its a beautiful MG and one of my favorites.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra, I'm just glad that it was a nice size bloom. Here's another bloom from the same vine and a small blue star on another vine. A red Abutilon blooming and growing outside.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A few more blooms though not mgs. Salvias still blooming outside and iris closer to opening bloom.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Gorgeous blooms Helena. Eager to see your Iris blooms.
Love the Abutilon and the pretty Salvias.
Still looking for my Abutilon sds, they're here somewhere. :-)

Pink Silk open this morning.

Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful dark purple salvia!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Pink silk sure is pretty!

Thanks Ronnie, a shame its so stingy with the sds. The 2 lone pods it set are the result of hand pollination.

Gautier, MS

This is one of my new seedling with a bud on the very end of the vine. Why did it do that? I don't expect it to grow much or make a lot of seeds. I had a few other vines that did that in the past too. This is a ? mystery vine, no name until it blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Can't wait to see what it is!

me too... some times that happens downstairs..
sister in in the hospital, hope they get all that pnuemonia ad fluid gone from her. surgery is going to be done to open the pockets of fluid on her lungs and scrape them out so the antibiotic will penetrate those areas . *sigh*
here are the latest blooms downstairs. freezing and windy outside here..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Very nice Debra, so glad you have your indoor garden to help keep up your spirit...keeping you and your sister in my prayers daily. (((♥)))

Beautiful blooms Debra. Nice to see your pretty stictocardia in bloom
Love that last pic.
Praying that your sis's surgery will be successful Debra. She's been thru so much already.

Gautier, MS

Love your blooms Debra. Keeping your sister in prayers too.

Mesilla Park, NM

Deborah, Hang in there and sending good thoughts and prayers for your sister and you.

Helena, I love your abutilons, I've got the one with the yellow veined skirt,.. I've never seen seeds on that though. They are hardy (mine makes it through each winter and doesn't die down) it just goes dormant but the stems stay green, sometimes there are still leaves on it. I love these. I'd like to root some from mine and get other colors.

Jackie, these variegated Turks Caps seed finally germinated and some of them have the variegated cotyledons... hopefully I can keep them alive over the winter, I lost a couple due to the studio getting too cold at night. Haven't packed up the seeds I promised everyone yet. But will get them out in the next two weeks.

Hi Ronnie, good to see you. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and great New Year.

Waving hello to everyone.

I don't think I'm getting a computer for Christmas, because my DH got me an Apple Ipad during Black Friday, but the good news is that it has a camera built in and I can take photos with it, and then send them via email and most likely upload here. I'm not sure how that works, but I'll be trying on the practice forum if they still have one here. They used to. Now to start over with photos.

I wonder sometimes if I can keep up with technology anymore. And what happens to all the cameras we all have..lol, if computers and laptops now have cameras, and webcams already built in. Boggles the mind.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all and I love all your photos of the wonderful Morning Glories.

Antoinette

No hurry on mine A. So busy this time of yr with Christmas just 2 weeks from today. How did it get here so fast?? I'm headed to town now to mail the last of my outgoing sds and try to get a little Christmas shopping done.
The technology a little too much for this old lady too :-)

Merry Christmas to you A. Wishing you a healthy, happy holiday season.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Antoinette, you will just have to take a picture of your abutilon. I'd love to see it. I use to have quite a selection of them but Iost most one by one except for the red one. The other ones are new replacements I bought. My orange red veined was hardy too and go dormant in the winter. It's a good practice to root extras just in case.

It's cold here today, haven't even gone to see if anything bloomed in the gh. But I took these pictures yesterday.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Pretty mg Helena and the Hibiscus is a beauty.

Gautier, MS

Here's a few more.

Yellow hibiscus, orange bloom (can't remember name)
Salvia seedlings
Salivia coccinea with variagated leaves
Salvia blue chiquita
Last is supposed to be salvia Van Ramsey?

Wishing everyone Merry Christmas!! and a Happy New Year!

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie!

I love all the yellow flowers, you can see them a mile down the road.

Love the yellow Hibiscus and the Red blooms too Helena.

good to see you, A.
Lovely colors on yur blooms, helena and your cape honeysuckle is pretty too. (the orange blom) mine is still blooming downstairs, too.
Sister was feeling weak but rested this am.
I do not have a "smart phone" or any of the other stuff. I will never have a phone that takes pictures, and love my camera.
It has been very cold here, but still in a draught. I am still catching laundry water for the trees and shrubs and flower beds. I havn't thought about christmas much. So many huge seed pods on the vines downstairs, been waiting on them to ripen before I send out any seeds.
love you all, stay warm.

here are a few of the things I have growing right now..
Jackie, I may have a shrimp plant to send you and helenea I may have a clerodendrum for you.. I am sort of waiting until after christmas to send out the plants I want people to have..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Oh I see thats an orange bloom now Helena. Thanks to Debra for pointing that out. A pretty Cape Honeysuckle.
Debra, glad your sis came thru surgery just fine and resting comfortably.
We are still needing rain too Debra. We've had too little, too late
I won;'t ever have all that new stuff either. I wouldn't know how to work it or what I'm supposed to do
with it, lol
Lots of nice plants in your basement Debra.

Beautiful basement full of plants and blooms. Looks like our Catch all bedroom. I made room for a bunch of plants, so far they are doing food. I even have an angel trumpet with buds, hope it blooms for me.
Debra, glad to hear your sister is doing OK! Sending prayers her way for a speedy recovery.

Gautier, MS

Thank you ladies. Glad your sis surgery went well and she is resting Debra. Thanks for the ID too.

Love all your plants, they look very good. I'd love the clerodendrum but I'm afraid you probably have to much on your hands already.

I brought in my milkweed plants in pots into the green house and noticed what looks like tiny eggs underneath the leaves. They'll be warmer inside gh and maybe hatch.

Only mg that bloomed this am.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Hi Antoinette, and a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you also!

Loving all the blooms, keep them coming. You guys can have our rain, today is the first day of sun after about a week of rain and clouds, not a winter person but would rather have the snow and a freeze, so sick of the mud with the dogs!

Trying to get Christmas stuff done too, been under the weather for a while and need to get my act in gear, have tons of cookies yet to bake and a bit more shopping....uggg how does the time get away from us!

Beautiful color on that bloom Helena. I love it.

Ronnie, I don't know how the Holiday season got here so fast. I wish I could get a headstart on my
baking too but just hope to make the pies the day before Christmas.
I hope you get to feeling better soon so you can enjoy Christmas
I still haven't found all the right gifts for the g kids, proving very hard this yr since they're older.

an ochracea bud visible in this pic, something to look forward to
Oxalis tubers escaped into the g house gravel.

A new Begonia found this summer. I like the color

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Nice plants Jackie. I forgot my ochracea vine outside but it's still alive. I just wish mine would bigger bloom but when it blooms for me it's the size of a purpurea bloom.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.