CLOSED: DJ'S FALL ROUND ROBIN SEED SWAP 2012 PT6

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

thank you, I will be watching for it:)

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes! I remember Ma and Pa Kettle with fondness, such funny calamities those folks always manged to get themselves into.

We had a thin crust of sleet today after it rained all night and is raining again. The roads looked the worst around lunchtime and felt so sorry for our mail lady driving around in her little car. She brought us several dozen fresh eggs from her farm and I reciprocated with a hot bowl of beef stew. The sun never peeked out but the roads were clear by mid-afternoon. Some of you further North and in the Mid-West are in for a doozy of a snow storm. Be safe and stay home if you can.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

It's been raining here but I still managed to get a little weeding done. I'm so far behind in my yard work, with Christmas and building my grand-daughter a playhouse. I'll have to post some pictures as soon as it clears up enough to paint the outside. It came out so cute, it's 6' x 8', has three windows and a 4' tall door. Hopefully we'll be able to get the door on tomarrow. During the entire process little Nat (4 yrs. old) kept asking "It's going to have a doorknob, right?". So we got her a nice doorknob, LOL.

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Paula, the little envelope of missing seeds is on it's way to you. It may take a day or so to catch up with the Robin but it should be there soon.
Alana

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

thanks Alana, I'll watch for the "catchup" baggie, too:)

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

GM Wow can you believe the robin is 1/2 way already ??? He has landed & Taken off 17 times .
Just 15 More Landings & Take off's :)

we got about 2-3in of snow & so when it snows I Like to get into a few Hobbies so now after my exercises this morning & i have
my garden mail taken care of :) I Will get back into painting rocks, & Other crafts :)
so ya all have a great day . conf# says Looks as the robin will land on the 28 th in TX :)))
Hey paula have you a few Tx blue bell ??? or chocolate flower ??

well have a great day ev1 back later

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Yay I'm next after Paula and boy am I ready - woo hoo!

Sue G

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Robin has landed! He has a nice new box and is stuffed full of great seeds.

I won't be able to go through the box and pick out seeds today, though.

My two year old grandson is staying with me today...as much as he would love to "help" me, think I will wait and look at seeds after he goes home tomorrow.

Box will go out early Monday morning!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Awwww come on Paula, he just wants to helpppp!! lol! Gosh isn't it time to put him down for a nap yet?

Dj...is that Mertensia your looking for? If so I usually have some that appear in the border that always need moving, I usually toss them....so let me know come spring if needed. Ok...pix thingy not doing what's it's suppose to, will try again.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

They grow wild here and actually have them over several acres susie.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Kathy - can you put me down for some of those this spring? They remind me of spiderwort...

kathy are those TX Blue bells ? so pretty I was looking them up & found there is a Virgina Blue bell & A california BlueBell also
#1 IS CA
#2 IS TX
#3 IS VA
I love them all & Was wondering if they could be planted as a annual here .
sorry but not feeling well this afternoon guess a bug is getting me not sure yet . have a stiff neck & sore throat starting
so going to go lay back wishing you all wellness .

Paula glad the robin arrived safely maybe you will find a few seeds that your GS can help you plant later spring :)))
Teach them young :)

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Not sure what 1 is,
2 is wild lupine, am thinking Lupinus texensis, common is bluebonnets, wish mine were as pretty as those above, lol, mine are a lighter shade of blue and get about 12-16", almost bushy, sorry I don't have a pix. If any consulation will get one this spring.
3 is Mertensia virginica, common name is bluebells, mine are wild colorado form...lol
see the problem with using common names...lol and minn to let you know those pix are taken with the wild feild grasses....
ok...I'll shut up now..lol

Pix my mertensia with another unk wildflower(on the right)

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

GM all slight cold so will be back when feeling up to it

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
We think we finally got our internet fixed. Yay!
Waving hello at the robin... It will be here before I know it! It might even get to California before the feathered ones that live in the trees! :)
Paula, have fun with all those seeds!
Michelle

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

just finished sorting through seeds, robin is packed & ready to ship Monday morning.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey all. :)

Susie - I have not been on DG much, but I had been looking for the robin thread. Don't know how I missed it.

Stephanie/Minni said that spot #23 is open so maybe you could squeeze me in?

Sorry I've been such a lousy sport the past several months. I mean well. ;)

Hope to hear from you soon.

xox
A.

Saginaw, MI

Good evening everyone, been mia for a while--working alot-- but just checking in and see that everyone seems to be having quite the time with the robin and sounds like everyone is "feeding" it well so it will be "nice and fat" by the time it reaches us Michiganders at the end of the line!! Glad I sent mine out to Susie before it started making it's rounds so everyone else could get a "pinch" of what I had to share! Have a great night!!

GM Looks as i maybe out of it for a few more days This cold has me good.
Amanda I will add you to the 2 time around rather then go from calf to NC then back to OR .
well off to lay back ya all have a Great DAY & Have a safe EVENING Sure you all know where I Will be :))

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

mailed the robin box this morning.

CheerMom, you'll be getting a box full of great seeds later this week!

Thank You to everyone for sharing seeds
This was my first seed robin and it was a lot of fun looking through all of the different types of seeds & picking out a few keepers.

****I forgot about the seeds Alana wanted to put back in the robin---got a mailer full of seeds from her today.
Post Office closed at noon today so I will mail to CheerMom Wednesday morning.****

paula_p

This message was edited Dec 31, 2012 1:58 PM

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

starting to get excited, I am next after cheermom!

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Happy New Year, everyone!
Alana

Just stopping in to say HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all . runny sneezy Nose not sure if feet stink have no since of smell
maybe i should fix me a hot totty :) Be safe all.

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Happy New Year!

Saginaw, MI

Hope everyone had a safe and happy new year!! I was nice and warm and cozy snuggled in bed at midnight!! Boys were awake with hubby but I did not get up! Plan on starting to go through the few seeds I have and see what I should try to get going soon -- we'll see though-- may just end up off on another venture!!! Have a good day everyone.

Gm HAPPY NEW YEAR I Was also in Bed at Midnight but i woke just in time to see the ball drop & watch all the crazy's out into the cold night air & Then I shut TV Off .
Went for my Blood draw yesterday & Picked up a few More Bottles of my V8 & Still No better I Feel as if I have a Hang over this Morning
NO I DID NOT Make a Bloody mary Last night :) I Probably should have ..

anyone Know of a good spell check program that can also correct the spelling :) ?
well Just had my coffee & Juices & So off to try to ride my bike 40lbs in 40 days

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I was sound asleep at midnight! Everyone knew not to wake me up!!!

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

happy new year!!!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Took a walk around the yard this morning. I know these are not seeds but look what I found growing on a log in my garden. Wonder if they are edible, but I'm not going to try them to find out. I'll just let them grow and see what happens.

Thumbnail by marti001
sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

maybe the ferns and fungi forum could id it for you

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Quote from AmandaEsq :
Hey all. :)

Susie - I have not been on DG much, but I had been looking for the robin thread. Don't know how I missed it.

Stephanie/Minni said that spot #23 is open so maybe you could squeeze me in?

Sorry I've been such a lousy sport the past several months. I mean well. ;)

Hope to hear from you soon.

xox
A.

Susie ~ I have been ill and I am just out of the hospital. I may have to go back in, but I sure hope not. If you want, Amanda can take my place. I cannot participate this time. Maybe the second go around...maybe. I am just not sure now. I have not even planted my bulbs that were supposed to go in fall. Thanks for saving my place though. Anyone who wishes to send me prayers, they are certainly welcome to do so, and they will be appreciated. Thanks!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

evelyn, of course we are praying for you! And sending warm hugs! Take care of yourself and keep in touch.

GM all as ya know i've been under the weather here also sorry but i might be on the mend. ok I Have got to get caught up
amanda I Will be Happy to add you to the second time around It would be best rather then send the Robin all the way back across the US Then back again & Its not fair to others For the extra postage .

So we are Going to stay with the Flight plan at this point also If you see the robin is getting close & You are going to be gone for a few days PLEASE Let me know I'm Guessing but I THINK The robin should LAND In IOWA By FEB 18th & HOME BY Mar 13Th
But then My Prediction dose not count :)))

well Its back to bed & staying away from everyone around here :)

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Wow, DJ, your guess is only 2 days away from mine! I'm glad you're feeling better, it's lousy to be sick.

If you're starting the list for second time around, please sign me up-- in NY, not NH. Thanks!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Anxiously awaiting robin think it will come today. I heard I am supposed to get another envelope of seeds so doesn't make sense to chase it around the country - had hoped to get it back out tomorrow but may be Saturday so I will let you all know .

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

I am busy packing up all the seeds i want to put in the robin to share. (somehow you would think i would have this done by now)

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

WWKathy - You wouldn't happen to have some centaurea machrocephala seeds? I was just looking at the page for them and saw your post.
Unfortunately you get the robin after me. So unless it's coming around again . . . hint, hint.

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

Domehomedee- i have a few of the yellow hardhead seeds, be happy to send them on to you.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Oh thank-you. I have a friend who is into flower arranging and gardening.
I'd love to get some of these going for both her and myself. Especially since they are drought tolerant we can grow them on the outskirts of our gardens.

Saginaw, MI

Is anyone starting seeds indoors yet???? And if so, what types of things??? Flowers, veggies???? Debating on whether I want to get things going now or wait awhile--or even wait till last frost and plant directly outside???? Decisions, decisions--!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.