26. WWKATHY/KATHY-----CO
27. MINNESIPPI----MINN
28. MELLEN1954---IOWA
29. MOMCAT--DEB-- ILL
30. DIAMOND9192002 / -IND
31. JLEE160---MI
32. SBISH5-----MI
HOME . DEEJAY9---MAR 13 TH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GREAT PRIZE TO BE announced LATER :)

20. DOMEHOMEDEE- DEE-CA-------------MAR 17 TH--B-DAY IS A SUNDAY

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RISINGCREEK---KC--CA---------------JAN 21ST
MELLEN1954---IOWA----FEB 1ST
PAULA_P------TX-------------FEB 11th?
CHEERMOM----SUEG--AZ-------FEB 13 TH
MARTI001 -----KY------------FEB 14TH
POISONDARTFROG --ALANA--KY-----FEB 20TH
GARDENQUAIL---MICHELLE ---CA----------FEB 22TH
CRIS316---NJ-----FEB 25 TH
CZIMMERMAN00----CHRISTINE---KY---------FEB 28TH
FOTV/SUSAN---VA--------MAR 1ST
JLEE160--JEN--MI--------------MAR 2ND
FRAUSNOW-----MAR 4TH
PATTI1959-- OR------------MAR 8TH
PFG---PAM---NH---------MAR 11TH
MIDWESTFARMWIFE----MARY---OH ----MAR 12 TH
CHICORY31---KERRIE--NC ------MAR 13
BIGTROT--- DONNA ---MD------MAR 14TH
DOMEHOMEDEE------MAR 18TH
. MINNESIPPI---STEPHINE---MINN--------MAR 21ST
GARDENSEEDER63 / SUSAN----NH-----------MAR 22ND
ALIKAT32 /ALI--NH-----------------------MAR 23RD
LANAKILA---NC------MAR 25 TH
BLUESPIRAL-----MD-------APR 1ST
WWKATHY/KATHY-----CO-------APR 8TH

This message was edited Nov 25, 2012 9:41 AM

This message was edited Nov 28, 2012 3:14 PM

This message was edited Dec 3, 2012 7:52 AM

This message was edited Dec 6, 2012 11:07 PM

This message was edited Dec 11, 2012 9:49 AM

This message was edited Dec 12, 2012 10:10 PM

This message was edited Dec 15, 2012 9:17 PM

This message was edited Dec 20, 2012 9:09 AM

This message was edited Dec 24, 2012 3:14 PM

This message was edited Dec 27, 2012 9:08 AM

This message was edited Dec 31, 2012 4:53 PM

This message was edited Jan 3, 2013 9:01 AM

Thumbnail by deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

GM ALL

well here's our knew thread chat away I have a closet to get cleaned out & will PEEK Back in later :)

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Wow, Big Bird will be here soon. I'm next in line.

When you get that organizing thing down, you can help me.

hey look who the early bird is :)))) hub out hunting ? betty came to visit so back later

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

morning all.

Nope, hunting isn't allowed on Sundays here. Instead he loaded brass, which means he made bullets.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Morning everyone!
It's a chilly one here today and it looks like we'll get snow here on Tuesday/Wednesday -- 2 or 3 inches....the kiddos at school will be so HAPPY! Fruity.....is it a law about no hunting on Sunday or a practice at your house.....NH allows hunting anytime.....just curious.....

It's VA law. Otherwise, he'd go hunting every day. I have special laundry detergent just to wash his 'woods' clothes in and it smells like dirt, no kidding.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

AliKat32, don't you have a hunting season? Here they limit us to hunting only during the season. Here in Pulaski County we only had a 9 day hunt with modern gun and you can only shot antered deer (bucks). In Green County were I went hunting (had no luck due to everybody having their dogs running loose), we had 15 days to hunt with modern gun, but we could take bucks or does. So season for me (I have modern gun) ended Nov 25th. No more deer hunting til next fall.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Here...you all can have my deer!!!!!! I have two heards that visit, one of the males and the other females and babies..9-14 each, there was even a doe with twins this season.

Spent the day doing this yesterday (pix 2,3& 4). Cool today, 30* and foggy, tho tomorrow back in the 50-60* for the rest of the week. Hope to get these in over the next few days, 168 pots of Iris germanica. I want to thank all the gals here on this thread that sent me these as trades over the last 2 years (tho most were from this year). Hugs!!!!! I shall thoroughly enjoy them come spring...tho not now...lol. Only joking! I still have to find a spot for the dwarfs yet, thanks susuie!!! (soo many new colors, hoping I get a great show in the spring but will be better the next spring 2014). And remember in the future those wanting iris in their trades next season just ask. LOL...is it June yet??????

Pix5: one of my newbies, Denver Delight

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Kathy: sure glad your young enough to keep that all weeded :))) The last couple years I've Had to cut back on my gardening .
been playing today make some of my Xmas gifts figured i better do that rather then on the computer getting in touble with the sales .
waiting for jim to call we are going to play cards when the kids get home .
so off to fix me some super so ya all have a great day . I have not gotten a CONF # from LAMARION- yet to let me know if the Robin is in flight or not so will sit tight :) Looks as the kids are here & I have to go back in the morning

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Kathy -- wow! that's a lot of newbies! Jealous that it's 50/60's in your area! I can't wait for spring either....

Marti -we do have hunting seasons here....just during hunting seasons we can shoot any day of the week....so I was just wondering about the Sunday thing Fruity was chatting about....we have Deer bow and arrow season and then shooting season....and I am sure shooting is broken up into different types but I don't know them. We also have moose hunting but only by lottery permit now to limit the amount taken. And I think there might be small game hunting (turkey, rabbit etc) but I don't know when that is.

Have only seen a few deer lately....guess they ate everything in my gardens and have moved on!

Same here Ali Hunters Can Hunt 7 days a week there is a Bow season then gun season then a muzzleloader gun season .
My Brother hunted here last week & got an 8 point Buck & then a few days later he brought his son & friend over to hun & they found a scull of a 9 point that had died back on our place . Not sure if he had been shot & Died from last fall or if died of the the desease that was killing off deer this last summer from the fly bite fever.

anyway No word yet on the robin But I'm sure it will proble land at Fruitys today or tomorrow :) sun is coming out very bright & i have to go hook up a printer for my friend Pat so guess i better get off here & get going you all have a great day .

Thumbnail by deejay9

Evening everyone,

It was a gray rainy day, the kind that makes you want to snuggle under a quilt, enjoy the fire and watch an old movie. Did I do that? Nope, instead I finished putting away Fall decorations, pulled out a few Christmas bins and in between cooked and did our laundry. All in all, a pretty good day here. Hoping yours was as well.

No birdie today, Susie.

I'M Sure it will land soon :) we sure can MULTITASK On Those cloomy days can't we . I went over to pats hooked up her new Printer then she & I went to lunch went into town got a few Items & came home put laundry in got my floors swept mopped & VAC"D , Last load in Dryer now oh fixed sup Now its time to get caught up on the news :)

so you all have a great evening back tomorrow :)

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Oh balderdash, put me down for March 18th then.
Just checking in to see where the robin is. Not that I really need any more seeds yet. I have already started a few perennials I received this year and I have some seedlings in my greenhouse of echium (tower of jewels), Stokes aster, Hardenbergia and a few others. Fall is finally here and we are expecting rain tomarrow. Looks like the robin has been making good time, that's great, Spring comes early in California.

This year's Robin is rocking right along at a record pace. I haven't heard the word balderdash used in a long time. In my neck of the woods, it's slang for moonshine, aka White Lightening liquor.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

FOTV - Looks like you're next in line, that's exciting.
You know I think writing accesses a different part of my brain than speaking does. I come up with all kind of strange old words. I don't know where balderdash came from . . . I do come from a long line of moonshiners!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Excuse me, but I have a question. My neighbors Maximillion Sunflower plants are now dying and I've been picking the dead flowers and hope to get seeds. Has anyone grown this from seed and what do the seeds look like? They must be tiny.

No IDEA Here Marti sorry but i think this might help it is for all SUNFLOWERS

Here’s how to harvest sunflower seeds:

1. Wait for the heads to drop, all the sunflower petals have fallen off, and the backside of the sunflower has turned yellow or even brown.

2. Cut about a foot of stalk off the top.

3. Scrape the seeds out with a spoon or butter knife, as shown in the video above, OR if you’re more patient,

Put a net or brown paper bag over the flower head and wait for the seeds to drop on their own.

4. Air dry for future use.

yes the robin has been Flying pretty fast ,Hope it Lands today at Fruity's .
another busy day today so guess i better get around here .
will check back after lunch.

Good Morning!

Here ya go, Marti.

http://www.prairiemoon.com/seeds/wildflowers-forbs/helianthus-maximilianii-maximilians-sunflower

Maybe today's Landing Day. Will check in later to let you all know either way.

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

Marti,

Maximillians are invasive in our area, and probably would be for you too. :(
If you decide to grow them, get some roots from your neighbor. Growing them from seed is impractical, especially since they spread so much that taking a clump from an established plant is all you'd need.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Just wanted to share - for those of you who were "with me" during my cat's pregnancy last year - she is a gramma as of yesterday. Her only female kitten just had a litter of 5 last night. 'Norma' as we called her (because she had normal toes) weighs in about 6lbs, whereas her brothers 'two-two' and 'two-fi' (with all the extra toes) are about 18lbs - starting to think they absorbed twins being they are twice the size. True "tom" cats I guess. A friend of mine from high school took 'Norma' and let me know last night Tweek was a gramma. :)

Thumbnail by minnesippi
Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the infor on the maximillion sunflowers. I'm going to stop and see if I can dig some plants up. He contols them by mowing down any that grow outside the area he wants them in. I plant on putting them in a large container to control them.

Knee deep in seeds!
Will come up for air later.
She is very fat :)

What Time do you get your mail FRUITY ?????
Cute Kitty's

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Here's my guess as to when Deejay will receive the round robin back...March 4th.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Marti...just to let you know...it's easy to collect seed from maximillion. Just wait for the heads to dry, break off the flowers with a bit of stem, turn upside down and shake into your hand. I just collected some from mine...Just to let ya know, mine have never reseeded and stay in a clump. I will include when the box gets to me. Sorry, I don't have any pix. Mine gets 5-6ft and bloom up and down the stem, flowers approx. 3-4", and the deer like nibbling on them...

If we have our fav mail lady, she's here anytime between 10 and Noon-ish, depending on how light or heavy her load is. She was here this morning around 11 to delivery the Robin, fresh eggs and pork sausage from her farm.

What an amazing amount and variety of seeds. This is by far the most fabulous Robin I've ever participated in and think I only missed last Winter's! All you waiting in line will be thrilled. There are even bags from folks who donated and are not in the flight path. Half of tomorrow is shot in town but only have three remaining baggies to go through and add mine and individual envies.

I'm prepared to use a larger box if need be and am shooting to have Big Bird in the air Friday to you, Lanakila. If not our PO is open for two hours Saturday mornings. Will keep you all informed.

This is such a fine group of sharing friends. Thank all of you so much for the personal envies and for including a bounty of seeds!
I'll pick up more little baggies at Walmart tomorrow and add them for others to use. Before I forget, Susie, where did you find that neat set of measuring spoons?

Gardenseeder63 / Susan, for the pack of Agastache seeds you included with a description of Mint Green, do you recall the color of the blooms?

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Well the flowers are drying on the plant now and I've collected a few but can tell if they have seeds or not.

susan was it a metal set or plastic ? Metal set came from our one & only RickCorey_WA along with the screens as a gift to me from one of the robins he was in :) I Love the saying on them :))

well i found out tonight that Jim's Oldest son Is Now been promoted & is working at or in the Pentagon .
to me that is the worse job to have , I'm proud of him but it is also a dangerous job considering how big of a target that place has been.
well its been quite a night & I'm tired so . good night all back for coffee .

They're the cute metal ones from Corey that say Smidgen, Pinch, and Dash. Very nice of him to gift the set to you and for you to let us use them.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

minni -- cute kitties......

Not sure where he got them but I really like them & Thought they would help everyone to measure out what they want :)))
are you finding lots to try out this next season :))) ????

Long day with friends &I need to go lay back before i fall out here :)
good nite all

After the Robin gets up in ILL & Almost Home I will then Put up a 2nd time around for anyone wanting to go through it again .

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

i have a set of those..i forget where I got them. Tuesday Morning maybe? Ikea? Linens n Things maybe.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=pd_sl_5fa43ygy62_b?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ameasuring+spoons+pinch&keywords=measuring+spoons+pinch&ie=UTF8&psrk=dash+pinch+smidgen+measuring+spoons

I sure did, Susie. Anybody behind me will too and plan to mail envies out next week to those of you who were ahead of me. Just finished going through the last few large baggies in the Robin this afternoon. Before I seal the box, is it OK to include 2011 seeds, either commercial or those gathered from our gardens?

Thanks for the link, Steph. I'd planned to Google a set over the week-end. Among a lot of other things, I enjoy collecting unusual spoons. The Dash, Drop, Smidgen, Pinch, Tad Measuring Spoon Set caught my eye. Amazon just dinged me this week for another year of Prime shipping, might as well start taking advantage of it.

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Wow, the robin is already to Fruity! Going to have to get my seeds ready soon :)
Aw, how sweet... Bet those kittens are cute!
Anyone know how to tell when a rosehip is ready for harvesting and what the seeds would look like?
Rainy today, and supposed to get much rainier tonight. Suppose to rain off and on through the weekend. The plants like it and we need the water, but still :( was hoping to do some more gardening, but couldn't get to it before the rain came.
Oh, well... good reading weather :) And a good day for some hot soup and a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch :)
Michelle

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Yes, Fruity, somewhere in the guidelines for the swap, Susie said that 2011 seeds could be included, commercial or home-grown).
Michelle

Yes 2011 is fine I Was more concerned about ones from 2010 & older .
I Know many are just fine being stored for years , but I would rather not have them in the robin but private trades for them are fine back a year or two we found moldy seeds in the robin & I would like for you all as your going through the seeds if you find a pack please throw them out if you will please .

cold gloomy day going to go bake back later

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

Amazon Prime is half-price if you can wrangle a .edu email address. I happen to work at a school, but if you graduated from a college or university you can generally get an 'alumni' email account created. It doesn't have to be your regular Amazon email, you just need it to get set up.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.