CLOSED: DJ'S FALL ROUND ROBIN SEED SWAP 2012 PT 5

Upper Marlboro, MD(Zone 6b)

Everyone, I just dropped off Ms. Robin at the PO. She is very excited to be on her way to see bluespiral. Ya'll will really enjoy this one.
Donna A

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Wow! Sounds like Ms. Robin is travelling quickly! She must be having a grand time seeing all the sites around the country! :)
Stay warm, everyone :)
Michelle

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I'll guess February 13th, did anyone guess that yet?

Mint Hill, NC(Zone 7a)

I am going to guess March 13 .

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

My guess for landing back at DJ's is Feb 25th.

Going to be baking next couple of days so if I don't get
back on Blessed & Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Thumbnail by Cris316
(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

GM well i think i have the guess all up-dated & these are the ones of you who have not made a guess & I'm going to close the guesses ON NOV 25th I KNOW I KNOW I Said That 2 weeks ago HEHE guess I forgot :)

so if ya all want to still take a guess or change a guess let me know

2. OBLIQUA----JUDITH----PA
6. SNARVA,----- NJ
10. LAMARION--------VA
LANAKILA-----NC---MAR 25TH
16. FRAUSNOW---JOANN--GA
20. DOMEHOMEDEE- DEE-CA-------------MAR 17 TH--B-DAY ----IS A SUNDAY
24. ORDAIRYGIRL / TESSA----OR
27. MELLEN1954---IOWA
28. MOMCAT--DEB-- ILL
29. DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA--IND
31. SBISH5---SHIRLY---MI

we are just going to have ham & The Fixens It will be simple for the big feast will be our Christmas get together. if all goes well.
well off to seach for more seeds I May not need but that I would like to have making a list for Santa :)))))

This message was edited Nov 20, 2012 10:58 AM

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

My guess is still March 11

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Feb 11.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Is the Robin traveling "backwards" once it goes through everyone? Or from the last person right back to Susie?

New Providence, IA(Zone 5a)

I will take a shot at Feb. 2. Is that taken or on a Sunday? I don't know.
ME

Upper Marlboro, MD(Zone 6b)

March 14th is my new guess, if no one else has picked that date.
Donna

(Zone 7a)

Hello - just got home and guess which birdy greeted me? I'm going to try and go through the robin tonight and have it packed back up again so I can get it into the mail early tomorrow morning - my time just isn't mine around Thanksgiving, so best it flies first thing in the morning or it'll sit and sit and...and...

I'll post again later tonight.

WOW That was a very fast over night flight :))) hope you find lots of goodies :))

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

bluespiral - what state are you in? Is the robin over stuffed yet or did someone start a bigger box? It was stuffed when I was just the 4th on the list!

So glad the robin is still flying!

Happy Turkeyday to Everyone!

(Zone 7a)

Thanks Susie - I pinched a few goodies that I'm very much looking forward to growing next summer - was really taken by Poisondart's marigold 'Moonlight' with ferny foliage a little like dill and possibly a past in the Aztec pharmacopeia - http://www.mexicolore.co.uk/index.php?one=azt&two=hea&id=344&typ=reg . I put a few goodies in bulk in there and a card with some of your wishes in it.

Alikat, the box seems to be filled just right and is taped up and ready to fly first thing in the morning.

g'night all, karen

WOW LAMARION--------VA are you watching this :))) your next on the list if the robin goes out today you will have it by FRI or SAT .
Sounds as if he has been stuffed & Now on his way for DESSERT AT LAMARION :)))

well off to make my List before going to town ya all have a great day & HAPPY TURKEY DAY

FORGOT TO SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR VERY OWN
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MINNESIPPI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure Hope you have a great day Planned With Family & FRIENDS
To early for some to eat cake but you save for later . :)))

Thumbnail by deejay9
brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Thank you Susie :)

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday, Steph! Let's have a piece of that cake for breakfast :)

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

I have not been keeping up much lately, but I'm off for a few days now and will try to catch up on some posts.
Happy Birthday Minnesippi!
Fruit, I did have a piece of jam cake for breakfast. I'm an adult and jam is for breakfast, right?
Happy Thanksgiving,
Alana

I Can eat cake any time of the day :)))

(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday, Steph - I'm trying to imagine birthday cake at breakfast with all those bright blazing candles - maybe just one candle with a mini-lampshade?

Y'all, Robin has flown and Susie has the confirmation # now.

Wishing everyone a food-fun day on Thanksgiving and would enjoy hearing about any more food-rules being broken, if possible.

karen

I'M taken a Chicken alfredo ONLY Becasue There is two I won't drop names but Loves my alfredo & Not all the other HAM & Sides.
there is always a oddball or TWO

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I didnt have cake - but I did make two pumpkin pies, a blueberry pie, banana bars, a pumpkin cheese cake and rolls for dinner tomorrow night. Tempted to bake up an apple now too...
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. Have a wonderful and safe holiday!

Evening, and a very Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow to each of you!

Our Sour Cream Banana Nut Bread is history, but I did make Blueberry and Poppy Seed muffins yesterday.

Any kind of jam, made from Fruit ya know, works for breakfast, lunch or dinner ;) Enjoy your days off, Alana.

Gosh, Karen, that means Big Bird should land here one day next week. Does having a slice of pizza for breakfast break the rules? Must be hot; can't stand cold pizza.

Neighbor gal stopped by with apples, no pie in hand, but her family is in the middle of storing many of those huge round bails of hay to feed their cows over Winter, so she's forgiven.

Hi, all.
Happy birthday, Minnesippi! Hope you have had a wonderful day :)
We have a friend from France. When we host our Dinner and Game Nights, he often brings yummy homemade desserts. And if there are any leftovers, he offers to leave some with us. These desserts often become breakfast the next day. After all, as he puts it, we wouldn't want it to spoil! heehee :)
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Michelle

HAPPY THANKSGIVING OFF TO MAKE MY PECAN PUMPKIN CRUNCH ONLY WITH WALNUTS :)
LOVEN THOUGHTS WITH YOU ALL ON THIS BEAUTY FUL DAY .
SUSIE

THIS IS SOOOOOO GOOD THIS IS THE 3RD ONE MADE IN THE LAST 4 DAYS :)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/aida-mollenkamp/pecan-pumpkin-crunch-recipe/index.html

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

Hope everyone has a great thanksgiving day!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Happy Birthday Stephanie!!!!!

Hey Susie...did you call the other day? Sorry I missed it, and then couldn't think who it was, after about an hour it dawned on me, that's if I guessing correctly....Silly me.

Hope everyone is having a great day...still waiting to eat here..made two pumpkin pies and whipped cream fruit salad, cranberry sauce and stuffing. Everyone else gets to make the rest...still waiting for the turkey to arrive.

Later gals....Kathy

Mint Hill, NC(Zone 7a)

Hope everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Since it is only the 3 of us here, I made lamb chops (turkey is not a favorite of mine). Roasted red potatoes, Squash, green bean casserole,
creme brulee, and a red velvet cake. And 2 nice bottles of wine.

Have a great evening everyone!

Kerrie

Hi, all.
Made it to our church's Thanksgiving meal :) Even got to bring leftovers home, so we'll have more turkey for Friday :)
Lanakila asked about some seeds she'd like to receive if I have them available... Hope to update my seed trade info soon.
Michelle

Concord, NH

blessings to all!

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Again, thank you for the birthday wishes :) you are such a thoughtful group.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Braved Black Friday by heading to Lowe's for a microwave for the rental and pick out ceramic tile for the basement floor.
I dont need anything to brave the other retail stores. Neither does anyone else in the house.

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! DH and I braved Black Friday at the Apple store, checking out the new iPads. What a mob! Came home to order on line. Whew!

No BLACK FRIDAY Shopping for me I'll wait till everyone else has spent their money & The REAL SALE Happen :)
Breakfast with my classmates this morning was allot of fun & a couple of the guy came made it even better but found out one of our classmate died of a heartattack really unexspected .

James D. Cool , age 62 of Freeport , died unexpectedly on Wednesday November 21, 2012 at his residence .

anyway tracking says
CHESAPEAKE, VA 23321
Expected Delivery By:
November 24, 2012
Delivery Confirmation™

ya all have a great weekend

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

OH DJ -- how awful for your classmate and his family! We've had three staff members who have had members of their family die this month...it's been awful!

I did brave black friday on thursday at michaels last night.....they were having 30% off everything including sale prices! I'm making an afghan for my boss for Christmas so I saved $22 bucks on the yarn! YAHOO!

below -- check out my garden cupcakes for a friend's birthday today! It was fun to make all the veggie rows....everything is edible - either chocolate or starbursts or mm's

Thumbnail by AliKat32

Your cupcakes are too darn cute, Candi.

Leftovers will end tomorrow after making turkey stock / turkey soup and deliver plates of food to two of our neighbors who live alone but did spend yesterday with family. Hope Thanksgiving was a great day for all of you!

Among the many blessings in my life, I'm thankful having 'seed head' friends.

Hi, all.
Candi, those cupcakes sound fun :) What a clever idea!
Lanakila, I finally got a chance to check my seeds. I've added you to my lists to receive the following:
Cerinthe "Pride of Gibraltar"
Heliotrope "Deep Marine"
Stock "Ten-Week Bouquet"
Creeping Thyme
If anyone else is interested in any seeds, let me know.
By the way, it looks like one of my rose bushes has grown a couple of rose hips. How do I tell when they are ready to be picked?
Michelle

YUMMY Looking Cup Cake's ALI :) your so clever
Michelle :if you have any extra put me down for Stock "Ten-Week Bouquet" & Creeping Thyme:

Hope everyone has a fun weekend planned I'm going to stay out of the cold but Shop around online for things i want :)
so If anyone finds any bargans let me know . I'll be here .

Just Had a Great chat with LAMARION she called to say the ROBIN Landed safely & She was haven a Great time with it & Will Have him Back in Flight on MONDAY after . she's had a chance to fatten him up with a few goodies not in the robin & after his Rest for those few extra POUNDS or OZs he has Put on over the HOLIDAY .

sounds as It may be Landing
@ FRUITY"S right about TUES OR WED .

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.