CLOSED: DJ'S FALL ROUND ROBIN SEED SWAP 2012 PT 5

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Welcome to DJ9'S "2012 FALL SEED ROBIN"

GUIDELINES ARE AS FOLLOW

1 POST WHEN THE ROBIN LANDS & WHEN YOU PUT HIM BACK IN THE AIR

2. EACH PLAYER HAS 3-4 DAYS WITH THE ROBIN UNLESS THERE IS A HOLIDAY
& NO MAIL FOR A FEW DAYS :)

3 IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION YOU CAN ASK ON THE FORUM OR DMAIL ME .
OR CALL ME PH # In Robin

4 PLEASE GO THROUGH ONE POUCH AT A TIME TAKE WHAT YOU CAN USE &
SHARE WHAT YOU HAVE WITH OTHERS

5 ADDRESS LABLES ARE MADE UP BUT IF YOU WISH TO PRINT LABLE ONLINE SEND ME THE CONF# "PLEASE"""

6 CROSS OFF THE NAME YOU ARE SENDING TOO . DO NOT POST CONF # ON THE FORUM.

!!!!!!!!! BEFORE You CLOSE UP THE ROBIN!!!!!!!

BE VERY SURE ALL BAGGIES ARE BACK IN THE ROBIN & SEALED TIGHTLY.
SCREENS ARE BACK IN THE ROBIN
MEASURING SPOONS BACK IN THE ROBIN
YOU HAVE ADDED YOUR SEEDS TO THE ROBIN
ALL INFO PAPERS ARE BACK IN THE ROBIN

pass LINKS
we came from HERE 1 : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1276399/#new
HAVE'S & WISHES :3 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1282506/
we came from here : 2 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1280378/
we came from here :4 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1284788/

This message was edited Nov 20, 2012 2:44 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Good morning!

TOOK FLIGHT OCT 16TH

1 .MIDWESTFARMWIFE-----OH ---LANDED OCT 18TH ---TOOK OFF OCT 22ND
2. OBLIQUA------PA-----LANDED--OCT 24TH--- TOOK OFF OCT 26TH
3 GARDENSEEDER63 / ---NH--LANDED OCT 30 TH --TOOK OFF OCT 31ST
4. ALIKAT32 -NH---lLANDED NOV 1ST-----TOOK OFF NOV 3
5. PFG-----NY----LANDED NOV 5 TH ------TOOK OFF NOV 7 TH
6. SNARVA,----- NJ ON THE WAY TO CRIS316
7. CRIS316----LANDED NOV 13TH--TOOK OFF NOV 14TH
8. BIGTROT------MD--LANDED NOV 16TH--TOOK OFF NOV 19TH
9..BLUESPIRAL-----MD---LANDED NOV 20TH -------YOOK OFF NOV 21ST
10. LAMARION--------VA --LANDED NOV 24 TH----
11. FOTV/SUSAN---VA
12.LANALILA -NC
13 CHICORY31----NC
14. CZIMMERMAN00----KY
15. MARTI001 -----KY
16. POISONDARTFROG ---KY
17. FRAUSNOW----GA
18. PAULA_P------TX
19. CHEERMOM-----AZ
20. RISINGCREEK---KC--CA
21. DOMEHOMEDEE- -CA
22. GARDENQUAIL--- ---CA
24. PATTI1959-- OR
25. ORDAIRYGIRL / --OR
26. WWKATHY/KATHY-----CO
27. MINNESIPPI----MINN
28. MELLEN1954---IOWA
29. MOMCAT--DEB-- ILL
30. DIAMOND9192002 / -IND
31. JLEE160---MI
32. SBISH5-----MI
HOME . DEEJAY9

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LEFT THE NEST MONDAY OCT 16 TH WILL ARRIVE BACK IN MICH @ DJ'S ON ????
TAKE A GUESS FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN a GREAT PRIZE TO BE announced LATER :)

2. OBLIQUA----JUDITH----PA
6. SNARVA,----- NJ
10. LAMARION--------VA
16. FRAUSNOW---JOANN--GA
20. DOMEHOMEDEE- DEE-CA-------------MAR 17 TH--B-DAY IS A SUNDAY
24. ORDAIRYGIRL / TESSA----OR
28. MOMCAT--DEB-- ILL
29. DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA--IND
31. SBISH5---SHIRLY---MI
32. DEEJAY9
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RISINGCREEK---KC--CA---------------JAN 21ST
MELLEN1954---IOWA----FEB 1ST
PAULA_P------TX-------------FEB 11th?
CHEERMOM----SUEG--AZ-------FEB 13 TH
MARTI001 -----KY------------FEB 14TH
POISONDARTFROG --ALANA--KY-----FEB 20TH
GARDENQUAIL---MICHELLE ---CA----------FEB 22TH
CRIS316---NJ-----FEB 25 TH
CZIMMERMAN00----CHRISTINE---KY---------FEB 28TH
FOTV/SUSAN---VA--------MAR 1ST
JLEE160--JEN--MI--------------MAR 2ND
PATTI1959-- OR------------MAR 8TH
PFG---PAM---NH---------MAR 11TH
MIDWESTFARMWIFE----MARY---OH ----MAR 12 TH
CHICORY31---KERRIE--NC ------MAR 13
BIGTROT--- DONNA ---MD------MAR 14TH
. MINNESIPPI---STEPHINE---MINN--------MAR 21ST
GARDENSEEDER63 / SUSAN----NH-----------MAR 22ND
ALIKAT32 /ALI--NH-----------------------MAR 23RD
LANAKILA---NC------MAR 25 TH
BLUESPIRAL-----MD-------APR 1ST
WWKATHY/KATHY-----CO-------APR 8TH

This message was edited Nov 20, 2012 8:34 AM

This message was edited Nov 20, 2012 11:00 AM

This message was edited Nov 20, 2012 2:46 PM

This message was edited Nov 20, 2012 4:49 PM

This message was edited Nov 20, 2012 7:55 PM

This message was edited Nov 24, 2012 12:33 PM

gm thought we needed a new thread :)

Jamestown, OH

I'm going to guess March 11 for the final Robin landing. The real robins should be back in Ohio by then, a sure sign that spring is here!

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

I had a guess at one point, but don't remember what it was so put me down for February 21.
Alana

ALANA I Had you down on my Mini Calendar as of WED FEB 20th Do you want me to change that

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

No, leave it. I just did not see it on the list and was trying to remember it. That's fine.
Thanks!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Here I am... been busy planting sooo many trees and shrubs.. Finished reading the posts on the other thread and thanks susie and fruity...I forgot about our list. And by the way that was only a list of what I had sent into susie to get the robin started. Forgot to list my wants, will have to work on that......

Garden Quail.....not sure about the upper zones on that Penstemon palmerii, can read up on it at HighCountryGardens.com. I put in just before July 4th last summer (2011), I remember cuz I had plantd 2 or 3 just before that big hail and horrible deluge on July 10th I believe. I lost all but the 1 plant. It started as a quart sized pot, and this summer had matured to 4-41/2Ft^ X 36">. Flowers were a light pink,(duh)...I forgot to smell, lol...I can't believe I forgot to smell as much as I touted the thing....gads!!!), but years ago had smelled at Den. Bot. Gardens and is sweet. They grow wild in New Mexico and southern climes of Colorado, maybe over to Ariz.. I know they had listed as z5 and up but don't remember what. Will repost pix when I get home as am sitting Gkids this weekend.

Off for a few days sitting the gkids and am glad for the change of scenery.....LOL. Gosh I've been planting like crazy to get things in the ground before the weather sets (so far I gotten 108 trees and shrubs planted in the last few weeks that's why I've been missing, lol), in toward that yucky stuff, tho we had some gropple today and might get a few inches of snow tonight.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Susie - I had said March 21st I think in the last thread.

It is 10pm here and still 64 degrees...

Gm it is 57* this morning & tomorrow is going to be down to 30* at this time WOW crazy weather but i will take it :) going to go clean up a garden bed :) have it ready for planting seeds in the spring time :)))
going to go play before the wind picks up so you all have a great day

PS IF YOU HAVE NOT MADE A GUESS AS WHEN THE ROBIN WILL MAKE IT BACK HOME PLEASE GET IT IN BY THIS WEEK
!!!!!!!!!! WED !!!!!!!!!!!! So I Can get it marked .
as for the Prize it will be NICE & ANOUNCED Later

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

I have March 11, sorry midwestfarmwife!

AFTERNOON EV1 :) Sunny 60+ here today almost 70* so been out side had to come get a coffee . & found that

LANALILA -of - NC would like to join us so i have added her right after Fruity :) its just a skip & a hop Before
CHICORY31----NC .

Now if you all want to change your guess as when the robin will land back home i can change it .
well back outside you all be well .

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Happy Veterans Day all. Sorry I have been so out of touch.

Just to give an update the box did not land here over the weekend &
I'm really bummed about having to wait until Tuesday to call the PO.

Deejay I'd appreciate the confirmation number please so I can check
online for it.

I'll do my best to get it out ASAP.

Hi Cris, I emailed you with the confirmation number. I hope you get iit Tuesday - enjoy!

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Cris316, sorry to hear the robin didn't land yet. I guess it wanted to build the suspense! :)
Susie, I think I'll keep my guess as Feb 22nd :) Considered changing it, but decided not too :)
Michelle

Gotcha, Susie, and will forward the Robin to Lanakila. Since those two NC gals live so close, I'll stick with my original guess. Can't wait to see what the prize is thisyear. You always have nice ones.

Your situation is totally understandable, Chris. It's great to see you back with us.

Question about Spaghetti Squash -- > I roasted a whole one yesterday, not thinking to cut it in half first to remove the seeds. Since they've literally been baked, are the seeds still viable? Guess I could do a spout test but wondered if any of you have done the same thing and already know the results.....yea or nay.

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hmmm, I wouldn't think the seeds would still be viable, but that's just my guess.
Michelle

They might be tasty roasted (again) with a light sprinkling of sea salt :)

I've been voting in the Photography Contest a few categories at a time -- there are so many entries this year in every category -- and came across Salpiglossis sinuata "Painted Tongue" which is just a breathtaking annual. Do any of you by chance have seeds of any cultivars?

I saw that also was going to see about ordering but forgot as always mind got turned away :( ty all well its late & I still cannot sleep
friday night i was up till after 3am not sure what is going on Besides my Blood level must be out of wack AGAIN so will be going for another PT Draw in the Morning .
hope you all had a nice veterans day off to a hot shower & Hope that will help me to get some sleep :)

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Fruity...love Painted Tongue too, if you find any seed remember me too. If not, there is one nursery in Denver that sells 12 packs of the mixed plants and will get and save the seed..... Haven't had for more than 10 years so if I have any seed of it, probably very old... If I remember right the seed needs warmth but darkness to germinate, (so indoor start). And probably should get another spaghetti squash, remember the seeds next tiime....lol.

Burry this weekend, had a bit of snow and ready for it to warm up again so I can get planting. 17* this morning. Yuck!

When I have seeds that need darkness, I just put several sheets of newpaper over the top of the lid til I see germination. Am thinking that Violas like it dark to start also.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Just wanted to share a couple bird feeders i made this weekend taken this afternoon off now to my doctor appt ya all have a great day .

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Thanks, Kathy. Read more about Painted Tongue and one article said they were similar to starting Petunias, which I have never done. That's a good tip about using newspaper.

Very clever, Susie! I should scatter those Spaghetti Squash seeds for the birds...lol

ty fruity they we fun to play with nothing fansy but the birds don't seem to care for they just want the food :))))
maybe we can find some Salpiglossis sinuata "Painted Tongue" one day :)))) I Have a few spots to fill :)))

Concord, NH

yesterday was 65 degress so awsome i planted a ton of seeds! what fun cant wait till spring lol

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Hello seed swappers - the Robin has landed & its heavy !!

Since it got here just before noon I "thought" I'd be able to
get to it & send it back out today - fat chance !

Looking for red butterfly bush seeds but no luck in the
stashes so far.

Will let you know when it goes out.

Cris

Hi Cris glad it landed safely I also wanted a red BFB & I Hope to order one this spring I Have About 8 trees or Bushes but non are red
if anyone Know where i can order one LET us Know the link Please :)

I found a few More seeds I want to look for if anyone might have will ya tag a few for me .
ANNUALS & PERENNIALS

ANNUALS
Antirrhinum majus (SNAPDRAGON) ‘Black Prince’
Arctotis grandis aka Arctotis stoechadifolia (African Blue-eyed Daisy) Z830
Borrichia frutescens (Sea Daisy)
Celosia cristata ‘Cramer’s Burgundy’
Celosia plumosa ‘Pampas Plume Mix‘
Cisanthe grandiflora ‘Brightness’
Ipomoea hederifolia var. lutea (Yellow Trumpet Morning Glory) IpoHLu
Mirabilis longiflora (Wild/Sweet Four O’clock)
Salpiglossis grandiflora ‘Finest Mix’ (Painted Tongue)
Salvia patens ‘Blue Angel’ (Gentian Sage)
Centaurea dealbata (Persian Cornflower)
Codonopsis lanceolata (Bonnet Bellflower)
Knautia macedonia Z5 KnaMac
Dianthus barbatus var. nigrescens ‘Sooty’
Digitalis purpurea Mix (Foxgloves)
Digitalis purpurea (Foxglove) ‘Apricot Beauty’
Digitalis purpurea(Foxglove) ‘Foxy Mix’
Digitalis purpurea ‘Snow Thimble’

Deejay, there was some Dianthus Sooty in there, maybe someone can save some for you...also, I put in some Antirhinum Black Prince I'm pretty sure. At least I don't have it any more, I must have put it in... It's all getting a little blurry by now!

I'm so glad the robin landed at last. Enjoy, Cris!

ty Pam maybe someone can tag them for me :)))) if just a few I Do not need more then 20 ;) HEHE
Well my headthrobs are back so off to lay back with hot towel ya all have a great eve back tomorrow

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

oooh, oooh, I want some antirhinum Black Prince also!!!!! PLEASE, with a pretty....lol. CHRIS...is there a baggie to snatch me a pinch and put my name on it....Thankyou if you can..Kathy

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Morning Everyone!
Chilly beans here in NH this morning - 30 right now and frost everywhere!
Sounds like the robin is enjoying the flight around the country!

GM Very Frosty here also this morning & 20's & 40's for the day BURRR , but guess I'm ready for Winter.
My friend Judy called & we are going to go over to the Afternoon BINGO for something to do today .
so i have to get off here ya all have a great day
susie

Jamestown, OH

Sorry Pfg, does anyone have March 12?

Elk Horn, KY

Deejjay9 I have some yellow truumpet mg. I'll set aside for you:)

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Sorry Kathy, left so early this morning I didn't check the forum.
The box is already on its way out to Maryland.

Lots of smidges & a couple of pinches - I was so surprised to find really
new stuff to sample :)

Enjoy all,
Cris

I'm so glad you were able to participate, Cris. That was quick getting the bird back in the air.

Lanakila, I've gladly added your D-mail requests on our haves / wants page.

#####

These were not harvested from my gardens, but are fresh 2012 seeds. I've indicated the number of available packs and quantity of seeds in each one. My apologies the quantities aren't greater but is the way the numbers worked out after dividing and thought it better to offer several than in a lot.

Aquilegia caerulea - Rocky Mountain Columbine (blue/white) http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/965/
5 packs of 10 seeds

Cleome hassleriana (pink / white bi-color) - Grandfather's Whiskers http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/6/
2 packs of 5 seeds

Dolichos biflorus -- Vine with Yellow pea-like flowers http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/164199/
7 packs of 5 seeds

Felicia heterophylla 'The Blues' Blue Daisy http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantefg/felicheter.htm
5 packs of 5 seeds

Malvaviscus 'Pam Puryear Pink' - Pink Turk's Cap http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/159838/
2 packs of 4 seeds

Ruellia 'Pink' - Mexican petunia -- Not sure, but this may be the one: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1428/
4 packs 3 packs of 4 seeds

Vigna Phaeseolus angularis - Yellow Snail Vine -- Possibly this one: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/103356/
3 packs of 3 seeds

This message was edited Nov 14, 2012 10:31 PM

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

I would really like to have a pack of the pink ruellia!

Sure thing, Paula :)

There's a stand of Purple Mexican Petunias at a house I pass on the way to town. I've admired them for years but never had the courage to stop and ask for a division or seeds until last week, and wouldn't you know it, no one was home. And as tempting as it was, I resisted going rustling...lol

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

I have a LOT of the purple Mexican Petunias, not sure how to collect the seeds from them.

Wow, what a stand is featured in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NopSR-yoUY&feature=channel&list=UL

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.