CLOSED: DJ'S FALL ROUND ROBIN SEED SWAP 2012 PT 5

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Fruity, I was that way with the neighbors apple trees. There are 4 trees in the neighborhood that go unpicked...what a shame. I stopped at one house this year to ask if they would mind if I harvest - and they didnt answer the door. Next year I WILL harvest apples...even if I end up using them to feed the deer - right now they get tossed in the trash :/

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

That's a shame, Steph. We lost out lone Apple tree a couple of years ago. We've been here almost 20 years. The Apple tree and Japanese Cherry Tree were just about the only ones on the property. Stupid people working for the cable company wrecked our Apple tree with a bucket truck and it never recovered. Last year in June we lost a huge limb out of our Cherry Tree in a storm. Our neighbor across the road went through the same thing with her Apple tree when the orange Asplund trucks hit the neighborhood. She literally had to stand her ground because power lines overhead were 'close' they said. Yeah, right, they're still a good 5' above her tree. She won :) Hubs was out at the same time guarding one of our Maple trees. He transplanted saplings from our woods on a hot August day many moons ago. They never should have lived but are now really nice specimens upwards of 50' or more.

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

yup, another plant that has to be controlled. I have Mexican Petunia planted on our fenceline--it is a great natural barrier.
All I can say is don't plant it where you don't want it growing forever:) I haven't seen seed pods on my plants, have been checking all summer but no pods.

This message was edited Nov 15, 2012 7:00 PM

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Gm To all Sorry for being MIA Have had a few Upsets in the family That I Have been helping with & Then a dear friend Just lost 3 Family Members in a accident so not a good week .

fruity if you have any of these left I would like to try them want to do more vines this year as for the Petunias I 've never tried to start them from seed are they hard to do ???
& I Love BLUE 's so I Have got to try the Blue daisy :))))))) ..

Felicia heterophylla 'The Blues' Blue Daisy
Ruellia 'Pink' - Mexican petunia
Aquilegia caerulea - Rocky Mountain Columbine (blue/white)
Vigna Phaeseolus angularis - Yellow Snail Vine -

I Will try to get back in when I can ya all have a great day

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Fruity...I'd love to have some: Cleome h., Dolochos b. Malvaviscus Pam's Puryear Pink, Vigna p Angularis....Please and Thankyou.....Kathy

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

I feel so sorry for that family, Susie.
Requests are caught up for you, Susie and Kathy.

Now you've got me thinking where to plant the Mex. Petunias, Paula. We are on the line of hardiness, so maybe a pot is the way to go. Will be an interesting experience trying new seeds.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Prayers for you and your friends Susie

Elk Horn, KY

Hi FOTV!
would love some of your yellow snail vine:)
Felicia the blues
,thanks!!

Rockford, MI

I am so sorry for your loss susie.

Gotcha, Chris.

Here's what's left.....
Aquilegia caerulea - Rocky Mountain Columbine (blue/white) http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/965/
4 packs of 10 seeds

Cleome hassleriana (pink / white bi-color) - Grandfather's Whiskers http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/6/
1 pack of 5 seeds

Dolichos biflorus -- Vine with Yellow pea-like flowers http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/164199/
6 packs of 5 seeds

Felicia heterophylla 'The Blues' Blue Daisy http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantefg/felicheter.htm
3 packs of 5 seeds

Malvaviscus 'Pam Puryear Pink' - Pink Turk's Cap http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/159838/
1 pack of 4 seeds

Ruellia 'Pink' - Mexican petunia -- Not sure, but this may be the one: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1428/
2 packs of 4 seeds

Vigna Phaeseolus angularis - Yellow Snail Vine -- Possibly this one: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/103356/
All gone.

it is a sad time for my friend , Gee its been a crazy week TGIF Tomorrow :) I'm cold & So off to cuddy under the Blankets so ya all have a great eve :)

Elk Horn, KY

My sympathies for you and your friend Susie. That's so sad

TY Chris From what I Heard there was a 4yr old 2 yr old her cousin the driver was 24 i think, & The father of the two kids is still in the hospital.
What a day this was in the 50's & I was out in My Tank top Pulling weeds :) Been awhile & Felt so good :)
Zoey was collecting seeds from the dianthus plants .
Just had to have a coffee & Now going to go play for awhile . back later

Upper Marlboro, MD(Zone 6b)

Hi Everyone,

I just picked up Ms. Robin and OMG she has gained weight since last year! I will try my very best to send her off tomorrow but by the look of the box it is very iffy. I will keep ya'll posted. Fun time for me tonight, looking and helping myself to new seeds :)
Donna

we like BIG FAT ROBINS :)))))

anyone have any chocolate flower ????
or Aquilegia viridiflora 'Chocolate Soldier'

Thumbnail by deejay9

Have fun, Donna!

Putting these out for grabs.

Nigella 'Love-In-A-Mist' mixed colors -- Baker Creek packed for 2011. Probably have 150 seeds so there's plenty to share.
http://rareseeds.com/love-in-a-mist-mixed-colors.html

Mirabilis jalapa 'Four O'Clock Pink Bi-Color' - 3 packs of 3 seeds

Marjoram -- super tiny seeds, probably have about 50

Lemon Basil -- Baker Creek packed for 2011, 75+ seeds

Collinsia heterophylla 'Chinese Houses' -- 60+ seeds
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/632/

Nasturtium 'Empress of India' -- packed for 2012 -- 5 packs of 5 seeds
http://www.thompson-morgan.com/flowers/flower-seeds/nasturtium-seeds/nasturtium-empress-of-india/6766TM

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Hey Fruity ...I'd love some Nigella, 4 Oclocks, Collinsia. Thankyou!!!!!

Weather is holding here and lots of planting and lots to do yet.....LOL.

Pix; for susie, hugs. (and those who need it).

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

You're welcome. Aren't those Chinese Houses the coolest looking plants?
Stunning arrangement, Kathy, and thanks for the hug.....back atcha. I can almost smell those Freesias. Although you're probably going to tell me they're something else...lol

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

fruit, I'd like some of the marjoram, lemon basil and nasturtium seeds...and thanks for putting the seeds out there:)

GM & Ty Katy for Hugs & Fruity if you have any 'Chinese Houses' & Nigella 'Love-In-A-Mist' I would like to try them .
Gee i could hardly get out of bed this morning I Hurt all over from all the bending yesterday I guess :(
Pretty frosty morning sun shiny & another day in the 50's so i hope to play outside some more :)

thanksgiving parade in GR this Morning but I'm going to Watch Here in the warth of my little house :)))
JLEE you taken the girls :) ?

Question on Lemon basil is that a mounding plant ?

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I have Nigella and four o'clocks (white/yellow mix) that I can put in when it gets to me if we are running low by then. Would like to trade some white for the pink thats in there now.

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

I am going to add more pink four o'clock seeds when Ms. Robin gets to me...I received 20 seeds of the pinks last year & now I have a huge bag of seeds:)

Rockford, MI

No, I didn't realize that was today, we had a basketball game, and my youngest went to the u of m game with my hubby.

Requests are caught up on the other page for you, Paula and Susie.
Steph, did you want a pack of the Pink Bi-Color 4 O'clocks? Only 3 seeds left, might as well add them for you.

evening all another great day in the flowerbed & Sore Muscles tonight so off to the shower & watch a movie :) ya all be well back for coffee in the morning .

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Fruity....lol. I know ....I should have listed what was in the arrangement....Nope no Freesias (but they do smell soooo good tho). 2 football mums, purple is an Aster from the garden (can't remember which one tho, is at my daughter's house and I keep forgetting to get some for home, maybe next spring), Counterclockwise.... Origanum from the garden, Alstomeria and of course Gypsophila (bought as it was out of season to use mine)and a few spikes of grass from Miscanthus, and a couple of Hops vines twined in. Gosh with all the planting I did this season I sure hope I get to make some neat bouquets next summer.

Just a couple of hollyhocks from this summer, am hoping my baby Hibiscus put in this season will bloom in '13. Same family but LARGER flowers. By the way, my tallest hollyhock this seson was only 3 foot, most were only 12" on the seedlings.....COME ON EL NINO. (sp)....lol. I want snow (after I get done planting...maybe after the 1rst part of December!!!!!!

Busy planting all day, whew, I'm thinking I'll relax this evening.....

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Kathy are you going to have rooted plant or seeds from the Origanum ??? love some either way I can get it I had one a yr or two ago & It didn't make it though the winter in the house .
well i said I was going to go watch a movie & Still didn't get there . but on the way now GN all :)))

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Susie, I have some Chocolate Flower for you I'll include in in an envelope for you when the box gets here!

Sue G

GM Another nice day here & My body so sore but when the weather is so good I just cannot stay cooped up in the house so guess i've Just got to work out the KINKS :)

TY SueG There are so many cool Plants out there that I Would like to try & Some I'm not sure if they will take over the garden witch they do in other states . I Really what lots of Lupines , foxglove, & other tall sun loving plants for one garden that just seems to fill in with weeds .
can anyone tell me will these Bloom the same year or do they have to be planted in the fall before ?

Little Brother wes came over to Hunt out back no shots yet But then it is very foggy outside. sun is just starting to come up. .
So for now I'm going to go search other seeds i may not need but I Would love to try :))))

ya all have a great day will check back later

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Yes Fruity - please. Thank you

Rockford, MI

Susie, my lupines, and foxglove I planted this year did not bloom, but one plant that did, I absolutely fell in love with! Guara, the bride. Beautiful! It bloomed all summer, and continued on through frost.

Oh my, what a great big lovely Robin she is. I was up until 1am on Friday but just could not get her wrapped up and in the mail by noon on Saturday. She is wrapped up now and ready to go first thing in the morning.

Susie please confirm that I send to bluespiral/Karen.

PFG - your seeds will be mailed tomorrow as well.

FOTV, I had everything except, I could not find the Bok Choi, so sorry.

I can't wait to get the milk jugs out now and ready for winter sowing.

All of you waiting for Ms. Robin, she is worth the wait.
Donna

No worries, Donna. I'm growing Baby Bok Choi in our Fall planters and may be able to save seeds later on. Really glad you enjoyed the big fat bird.

Speaking of big fat birds, with Thanksgiving around the corner what's everybody here doing for the Holiday? It's just hubs and me, maybe my MIL if she's up to traveling, although I cook enough to feed a dozen folks. We are also feeding two neighborhood friends who live alone. They won't be lonely Thursday as both have daughters and their families nearby, but they will welcome leftovers by next week-end. Turkey gets roasted Wednesday. Hubs always goes hunting Thanksgiving morning and I prepare our sides then and crank up Christmas music or sneak a peek or two at the Macy's parade.

Edited to add I'll be using some of the Rosemary you see in the planter as well in the Turkey rub and some finely chopped in cornbread dressing. Would like to one day grow culinary Sage instead of using the powder.

This message was edited Nov 18, 2012 7:25 PM

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Have 4 packs of 5 seeds of Belamcanda chinensis (Blackberry Lily, Leopard Lily) http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/41/
Anybody interested in these?

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Yes pls Fruity :)

You got it, Steph.

Anybody watching the Ravens / Steelers football game tonight? I'm a huge Pittsburgh Steelers fan, but those throwback bumblebee jerseys have to go!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Hey susie...yup the perennial Lupines won't bloom first season, one that will is an annual, Lupine 'Sunrise' take a look, it's at tmseeds.com. I may have some extra Lupine seeds if there weren't any in the box I sent you. They will be a deep (wine) red and dark purple. I did have some of a light pink also...will look and see what I can find for you, remind me again later in the week as it's late tonight and am off to sit my granddaughters in the morning.

Finished planting the backyard today except 1 large tree, will try to get in next weekend. And any time I have left before the snows will be spent lining out all plants I can't get in where I want them til spring. Lined out about 20-30 vines, shrubs and a few perenns. so far. More than 120 trees, shrubs and 33 peonies in as of today, not including those lined out til spring. The hoses are possible paths, just not sure yet (the yellow one is watering all my new goodies). Open areas in the lower part of the pix will contain paths and perennial plantings. Whew!!!! Tho I still have sooo much to line out. Later gals....Kathy.

Ooops, almost forgot....will look at the Origanum tomorrow to see I can find any seed. Or anyone have any rooting info on the stems?

This message was edited Nov 18, 2012 11:20 PM

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Susie, I've put some lupine seed and delphinium seed in the Robin with your requests. There is also some lupine seed in the Robin.
Donna

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

FOTV-

those are one of the ugliest uniforms i have ever seen!

ty all & Yes the robin goes to BLUESPIRAL-----MD sorry i wasn't on earlier had to go for my blood draw this morning

Kathy you have been busy Lots of trees there are you doing a Nursery ?? they are pretty close How big are they to get ??

fruity yes on the Blackberry lily if you have any left I used to have The Purple spotted & an Orange one spotted but they didn't come back so guess it is true that they are a biannual .

well Off to make a pot of stew for the HUNTERs My Little Brother came out to Hunt Yesterday & got a 8 Point Buck
this morning they Found a Rack Of a 9Point Buck that had died back there last fall were guessing

well of to get stew on back later

Thumbnail by deejay9

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.