Support for our Becky (Bec_no_va) #2

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi all & thank you - I just couldn't bear to post any more negative stuff...we're heartbroken about Thor the Thunder kitty, he was the most loving kitty ever, had the most horrible fish breath and a compulsive licker!! The dynamics in our now very tiny family has been turned up-side-down and it'll take a long time to get back on track again - we know there are other animals out there who'll need parents like us, so Thor and Sammie will send them when the time is right. As we're about to celebrate Thanksgiving I'll freely admit I'm having trouble finding things to be thankful for, but I know I have so many blessings in my life and this too shall pass - have a great weekend, enjoy each day and your family, fur-children and friends to the fullest...Bec

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Quote from aspenhill :
All I can say is you have hugs, prayers, and friendship from us, and hopefully it helps you knowing that you have a loving group standing beside you for whatever support you need. God bless you Becky and Greg.

us too.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thinking of you this morning. I still can't stand to cook the liver from the Thanksgiving turkey, because Blake and I used to share the treat. (Eliot won't touch it, so he's not being deprived.)

Some years the blessings are harder to count than others. I'm glad you & Greg can hold onto each other today. Is your DMIL still there, too?

Love you.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Yes, she thankfully is - she's been such an incredible support for me/us - she leaves on Tuesday though :( We're heading down to FL 14-19 Dec to celebrate Greg's 50th (timed chemo around it :))

Lyndonville, NY

(((Bec & Greg))))

These times in life make it so so hard. I understand not finding something to be thankful for. Perhaps be thankful that Thor chose his own time, and you didn't have to make that decision again...he took that stress away from you.

My mom always used to sneak the giblets into the stuffing. I would get a bite of turkey liver or heart...and just gag. BUT she did it every year, and it was always a "joke" who would get that piece. Well the first year without her...I had such a hard time eating that stuffing because I left it all out. The next year...well, one of my daughters got a chunk of gizzard....and while swearing at me, we all had tears in our eyes. Knowing a piece of grandma's tradition had returned.

You will find something like this to smile about soon....we all love you Bec

Debbie

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

what part of FL are you coming to? Have a safe trip down.

I'm on the west coast just south of Tampa should you be over this way please say hello.

Prayers of comfort for the heart breaking loses you have had.

I wish God gave us their companionship for a lot longer.

Jan

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

{{{{{hugs}}}}} Becky!
So sorry for the many trials you are facing now.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Oh, my dear. We are continuing to hold you and Greg up through another loss. looking forward to hearing about the next ones that Sammie and Thor send your way.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

My 6yo grandson called me this morning to say Happy Thanksgiving but mostly to tell me the one thing he was most thankful for..."the one cat that is still alive, 'Snowball' but Grandma, I think 'Sassafras' is still here,too. She's like watching me and 'Sleepy', too. I can sense them!"

I pray that we all will love ourselves and each other in the wholehearted way our fur friends have shown us is possible in all the days ahead. Prayers continue for you and Gregg here.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Bec, So sorry to hear about Thor. It's been 3 1/2 years and I still miss Bubbles. Ric

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Chloe said this morning "Memee, I miss Grandma May and Amber". Bet grandmas pretty happy Chloe at least mentioned her BEFORE the dog - LOL! I told her the usual - they were in heaven with Jesus and had brand new bodies with no pain. She smiled, thought a moment and said "But I still miss them". I said "I know but aren't we thankful that we got to have them around for a bit - huh?" So hard..even as an adult but good to remember the times we've been blessed to have our furr babies as well as our human family if even for a little.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Well said, dear.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

It's official - I'm bald!!!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Crap - forgot my bald picture!!

Lyndonville, NY

I figured it was about time for the "bald is beautiful". Ten days after start of chemo...it is just like a timer goes off and the hair falls out. I think mom made it to 14 days.

Good thing you are so beautiful you don't need hair on your head anyway! BUT keep it warm if you go outside!!!

Love you Bec, you are just amazing!

Debbie

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Dammit - I thought it went through :(

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Lyndonville, NY

You look great!!!

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

WOW you've got such beautiful eyes Becky!!! Forget the hair, it's much nicer this way to make your gorgeous eyes stand out! =)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

WOW is right! You look totally dramatic... strikingly beautiful eyes, then accented with the strong outline of your glasses... people who don't know you will think this is a purposeful "look!"

It's such a change when you see yourself in the mirror, I know, but somehow it also steels your determination... you look at your reflection and say, "OK -- we're doing this!"

I posted this before, but just for solidarity... I cut off the ponytail before my hair came out completely (which happened pretty much all at once).

LMK if you want to borrow my blond pixie wig! I didn't wear it much... but I did get it out for this family photo...

Thumbnail by critterologist Thumbnail by critterologist
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I concur. You look wonderful!! Your eyes just draw us in.

I really love that photo of you Becky, it's STRONG and beautiful. I can imagine you having it pinned up somewhere, and looking at it from time to time.. and your photo self looks straight back at your real self, as if to say, "OK, look, I know times are tough, but WE WILL BE JUST FINE. Ya got that!?".

Becky, You totally Rock that look. I mean it.
Which is not to say - there could have been some 'moments of concern' when it started to go- who wouldn't be concerned over losing their hair all at once?

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Actually - the hairloss was planned out perfectly - cut it really short before treatment and my hairdresser and I agreed I'd come straight down once the hair starting coming out

Crozet, VA

Not many folks (females) can pull off the bald look, but I am with the others in saying that it really does suit you. Kind of goes along with the strong attitude you normally have. I AM WOMAN!!! No doubt about that....the photo is great!!!

So sorry about Thor. My gosh...speechless, which doesn't happen too very often here. As always....I am holding you and yours in prayer.

Ruby

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Quick health update...my blood work both weeks came back close to perfect, I'm gaining weight - 'cause I'm eating everything in sight! Feeling great and minus a rotten cold, I'm ready for the next round of chemo on Thursday

Lyndonville, NY

Bec that is such good news! You must be on steroids to be starving like that? Keeping you in thoughts and prayers and sending LOTS of hugs,

Debbie

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Only Steroids during treatment, not the rest of the time ^_^

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Woohoo!! Happy dance!

Wow, awesome!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Holding you up in prayer - kick this nasty cold and build strength for TH....LOVE YA

YIPPEEE, that is GREAT news!!! Here, give me that cold, I'll take it for ya! < =D

Mount Laurel, NJ

Wow, hang in there Bec, so sorry to hear about your health problems and then the death of your animals on top of all that! Your cat looks so beautiful! I wonder how long you had it.
Good luck to you, I hope things start getting better.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

good news thanks for letting us know

Jan

I heard to day that some insurance will pay for your 'cranial prosthesis' (Wig, LOL!)

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Yes, I can get one up to $1500 - I'm good with my free one from ACS...look like a drag-queen wannabe, but that's ok :-)

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Warm thoughts and prayers coming your way for round two chemo today.
Bundle up Becky! And I hope your wig or hat or whatever doesn't itch.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Sending warm wishes and support your way.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Greetings from the chemo room...just woke up after a 2 hr "nap" :-) still doing great, the meds they give me keeps me pretty happy & drowsy...MIL has left, so Greg's with me today & will be for remaining cycles...just sent him downstairs to the "chow hole" for lunch - they have the best hot dogs & fries! Unlike other people on chemo, I'm having no issues eating - rather the opposite :-) toodles

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Happy lunch time. Always suspected you wree one of a kind!

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Hope your tolerance for this treatment continues and you stay feeling good.

Eat to your hearts content.

Jan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.