November in your neck of the woods .. come chat :-)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Is biobreeze sold in drug stores "M"

was a winter wonderland driving in to work, tree branches ladden with snow, sun out, just wanted to keep driving and not coming in to work.

Ordered new tires, can't get them put on until Monday at 4pm in Midland so here is hoping NO snow till then..am going to Buffalo Friday so here's hoping weather will be great and won't have snow storms.

I was behind a gentleman who filled his 4x4 the other day, almost passed out as I was watching the $$$ showing on the pump and I just cringed..my $40-$45 seems so little after that.

You and me both "M", I've a perm scheduled for tomorrow night, hair won't even take a curl right now..they don't last long but I should make it through Christmas and trip to Florida without fretting over looking like a witch.. Is your hair stylist close by or do you have to venture out a distance.

Ohhh pressies, did you get to see what is inside the packages?? for you??? Sorry he didn't get to bring home freezer meat..

Would have been my 47th wedding anniversary today..deep in thought, wonder what would have become of us as a couple?

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

BioFreeze is usually found at a physiotherapy clinic .. altho I have seen it in other places .. best to give a clinic a call and ask first. The stuff is just amazingly comforting .. very cold/hot after application, but sure reduces the pain !!

Nice to know you'll have new tires for the brunt on the winter Betty ..will hope for NO SNOW IN BUFFALO ^_^

HAIR ... gads .. has been since August for my last haircut .. thing is, getting an appt when my hairdresser is THERE .. Margaret used to be my sons babysitter, and she's in demand that's for sure .. she cuts my hair EXACTLY the way I want it .. and, we get to exchange lotsa 'good gossip' LoL

Happy Anniversary, albeit a sad day, but, reflective anyway .. I would think only positive thoughts myself .. Roger would be so proud of his sons and grandsons .. and, still madly in love with you ^_^

Sluggish day, want to go out and get some fresh air .. but am being met with 'NO NO NOs' everytime I mention it .. I think I'll just do it on the sly LoL
Did get the beds made, and some dusting done .. going to make ANOTHER banana loaf this afternoon .. it somehow evaporated to being only HALF as big as it was ... hmmmmmmmmmmm ... must be good ..

Gord is VERY careful when he brings home his pressies .. he secrets them away in the garage .. and I never look ..

Off to put together the banana loaf .. easy peasey .. an AGES old recipe from my Mom .. date on the recipe card is 1933 !!!!

Have a good one

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

(((((((Betty)))))))) He'd be hugging, I know that for sure! It is odd to think about that, but still.... I do understand what you're saying....

Well, today was a good day at work, too! My boss was out of the office all day, at meetings, but she emailed me to say "Great job on your first day, and you hit the ground running, with very little support! Thank you for helping me!" (sic). It's nice to be appreciated. I'd brought 3 Thank You cards to work. One for her, and the two Executive assistants who helped get me set up.

Marilyn - a 1930's recipe? Me wants!! I have SO many bananas frozen in the freezer that I can make banana bread Forever and Ever!!

Susan, sounds as though you had a pretty good day yesterday .. hope it continues for you ^_^

COLD here today .. am venturing out for my haircut tomorrow instead .. and, to hopefully do some shopping.

LOL .. my 'banana ranch' as I refer to it, consists of a very large plastic bag filled with over ripe bananas .. they make the best banana loaves :-)

From memory here on the recipe:

2 tbsp of marg or butter
1 (scant) cup of sugar

Cream together and add 2 eggs .. .. cream together again

Dissolve 1 tsp of baking soda in hot water and add to the creamed mixture.

In another bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups of flour, a tsp or 2 of cinnamon, a shake of cloves (or more) .. add that to creamed mixture .. then mash and add 3 medium WELL ripened bananas .. stir it up .. put it in a loaf pan, LET IT SIT FOR 20 MINUTES .. then bake 50-60 minutes in a 350 oven.
DEEEEEEElish :-)
I Pammed the loaf pan

TTFN

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

sounds good!! I have a lot of bananas I froze, so I could make banana bread for the next 3 months, every week LOL

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sounds delicious, have to stop throwing aged bananas out.

Just got in, had perm, now I really look like a grandma..

Blizzard going on and yet they say rain Friday and double digit temps next week..imagine!

Good luck with tomorrow "m"

Will need the luck Betty ..
Got up at 7am and am feeling my energy waning slightly, but, I'm sure the COLD air will waken me ..

Lorna's Aunt and Uncle are celebrating their 60th wedding anniv today .. they live in South Hampton .. have forever .. have 6 children and OODLES of grands and great grands .. hoping the weather will be good for their celebration, AND that she opens the cyber card I sent LoL

Bet the hairdo will relax in a couple of days .. I won't go through my perm story again ... talk about hair wanting to hold onto it forever !!

Take care all

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning,

Am sure the weather will be fine..sunshine right now, perhaps rain tomorrow and Saturday, double digits on Sunday!!!

Suzanne said I had it cut off much too short but think it's long just curly lol

Working here (not office work) have the sewing machine going, making two Christmas runners..one to mail in a swap that needs to be mailed when I go to Buffalo tomorrow so guess who will be working overtime tonight!

Off you go before you need a nap

I MADE it ... 6 hours + .. and, I KNOW I will pay for it .. but .. that's OK .. I got some Xmas shopping done, and got a hair cut .. bought myself my OWN cane .. no plain Jane for me .. mine has SUNFLOWERS on it ^_^

Making an easy supper .. shrimp creole over rice, and, I will be in bed EARLY !!

Hope you got the runner done for mailing :-)

TTFN

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hurrah..hurrah... that's a long time out and at it "M" especially when you haven't been able to be mobile for any length of time..and shopping to boot, you really must be thrilled with your day..can you post photo of that nifty cane?

I'm also bathed and ready for bed..can't seem to rid myself of this headache to took 2 pills, waiting to feel my eyes droop and off to bed I shall go..maybe candycane hot chocolate 1st.

Yes, did manage to do the 2 runner tops but now they have to be quilted and a border added..I work much better at 5am than at 7pm

Put the telephones here to the house..tomorrow morning I can get right at it..if I keep to a plan I will have it ready for mailing....lol..you know me, always got a plan..
I'll leave here when shift is over at 3:00 pm and drive to Barrie to pick my cousin (who is also my SIL) up and head to Buffalo..really shopped out so it's really only for Friday night/Saturday morning and hoping to head home around 2:00pm..that would get me home before dark..now let's hope Linda agrees

Just realized the painting girls on Tuesday left a container of sweets..omg..I've already eaten several..just know by weekends end they'll be gone.

Cool days with snow on the way .. and, I woke up feeling pretty good this morning .. perhaps I MAY get out again ?

Will try to take a pic of the cane, will have to find a good background for it though as it's pretty busy LoL I could have gottten a shocking pink one with deeper pink ribbons emblazoned on it, but thought it to be just a bit TOO bright.

Hope working from home is met with success today Betty, and that your trip to Buffalo is safe and productive, drive carefully.

Toodles

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hwy 400 was closed early this am due to black ice..took Suzanne 2 1/2 hrs to get there..she just called and said sky was black, suppose to be terrible out..I've got to stay here till 3 so hooe it waits till after supper before storming.

"M" with snow and ice pleasebe careful, would be so easy to twist something

Was productive, yesterday did 2 table runner (tops only) this morning had it machine quilted and did sew the binding..already in a box ready for mailing on USA side of the border

Drats, need topacksomething form year, just can't seem to rid myself of this headache..they say excedrin migraine is back on some drugstore shelves..going to be looking for sure..onlythingotherthanneedles that seems to work

Be nice to know when Betty is back, I see temps are wonderful down east, but I can imagine the drive yesterday may have been treacherous.

We have +5C in store for us over the next few days .. am not venturing out much, will be putting up the Xmas trees though (I hope)
I OVERDID it the last couple of days, and, am paying the price :-( (Note to self SLOW DOWN when feeling well) !!

Hope everyone has a great weekend !!

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Evening ,

Ride to Buffalo took 5 1/2 hrs..s and go, wasn't nice at all...
Imagine was at kohls at 6am, whooping, got everything done plus more, just got home, had bath and now in bed..couple of painkillers and hopefully will be nodding off..

Waving, must gab tomorrow

Good to hear your home Betty .. was in fits as Lorna's parents had mentioned the black ice down their way.

Hope the pain meds worked, and, you slept well and are feeling wonderful today :-)

Christmassing the house today .. ^_^
Can you tell I'm feeling a bit better ?

TTFN

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Didn't sleep very well, you know what it is like when you are over tired.

Just finished wrapping presents that I bought USA side this weekend, if I buy much more I will have to move out of the living room! Lol. Considering half are already given out I'm pleased with what I've accomplished this year!!

Pouring rain out there, was going to put out Christmas lights but won't be today..

Had a long list of to do's but I'm not gaining much ground..maybe another coffee will do the trick.

Glad you are feeling better "M". Let Lorna and Gord get the big things done, you just supervise, don't want the decorating to set you back..

It's a challenge every Christmas Season to just 'get it right'.
Brought in the 2 tote boxes and opened them, sorted the decs as to what goes where .. then the 'FUN' commences .. putting the NON Xmas things somewhere else, so the CHRISTMAS stuff can be put in place .. sheesh .. what a chore that was, and I was right in there .. after an hour I sat down and let out a sigh and said 'BREAK TIME' !!!
Turns out one of the fibre optic trees has 'bought the farm' .. gonezo .. but, the bigger one is OK (whew), I MAY go get another, not sure, am quite happy with the one coz it means I don't have to move my P L A N T S !!! Gawd, I am becoming so disenchanted with all my flippin PLANTS .. African Violets, Spider plants, Hoyas, etc .. I water them and care for them, but my oh my do they take up ROOM .. I truly would like to get rid of them, but, would feel bad as some are from my Mom and some from 2 of my brothers funeral baskets ... decisions, decisions .. ROOM vs Remembrance .. a toughie.

Sorry to hear you didn't sleep well Betty, tonight you'll likely catch up .. fingers crossed ..
I have a med I take to sleep .. ages old .. called elavil .. it's used with folks with the auto immune disorders, helps make the pain more tolerable .. have a love/hate relationship with it right now .. I had to persevere through 5 mornings of being very tired .. then .. POOF .. I started to feel better, BUT (always that but) .. the drug makes me dream in 3D, colour, animation .. the whole 9 yards .. have wakened the house twice this past week yelling out .. so .. as good as it is, it does have a drawback in that one aspect.

Well, this is how I spent my BREAK .. best get back at it .. it'll soon be a done deal :-)

~M~

This message was edited Dec 2, 2012 1:32 PM

Popping in to say HIYA ^_^

Putzy day here .. made some pie dough, rendering a pie pumpkin .. tidying here and there ..
All in all, I figure I had best take a rest or be in bed for a day ..

TTFN

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hi - would love to see your two houses all "Christmassed-up" :-)

Hey Susan .. how's the job going?

I'll try to take a couple of pics later today .. I have one pic of the HUGE Santa on our double garage .. I can attach that one. That Santa is close to being 55 years old !! His foot had an accident last year, plans are to repair the 'boo boo'.

WINDY here .. am going to try to get out for a quick shop ... fingers crossed ..

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

OOOOOOOOOOooo .. I wanted to add .. we have MORE grass than SNOW here now .. quite the switcheroo ..

Betty I think your temps are about to plummet, and Susan .. well .. what can one say about 'the West' ... brrrrr about covers it !!

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning everyone

Yes "M" it was 15 this morning driving in..spring weather..must be because I bought and had snowtires put on yesterday lol Will take the nice weather, longer we can have no snow it will make for a shorter season.

Poor Santa, a project for after Christmas..he looks good on the door!

Can you believe I'm DONE..Santa can come anytime..all under the tree, next Saturday I'll start delivering!
Nice to have no pressure weeks before the special day. Bought a snowmobile watch for Greg's birthday which is NewYears Day, Jeff's birthday is Saturday and Kyle's next week so 2 birthday gifts to get, likely I will have that done by this weekend..

Can't you see me sitting for 2 weeks with feet up, sitting on coffee and enjoying myself

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Job's going well - everyone's moving desks tomorrow, so I packed up today for an "overnight move" by computer techs and warehouse guys.
I keep getting told that I'm a temp, and job will end at the end of Dec. I'm just looking at it as a good temp job - will NOT get my hopes up of it being perm.
I keep finding things that were not done properly (like booking rooms for meetings...... found one that was a meeting, but the room was already booked, so had to find another one on another floor. siiiiiigh. Cleaning up Lora's calendar from duplicate meetings.....

Victoria Harbour, ON

Well Susan, it's great that it will get you through to the end of the year..it was a godsend wasn't it. How is Bob enjoying his job?

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Bob's enjoying his training very much. He came home today talking about interview skills......... now he's online looking at jobs.....he's Pumped!!

Betty - shouldn't we move to a December thread?

Good to hear the job is going well Susan .. Bobs as well ^_^
Can't ask for much more than that I guess.

I am starting to feel the 'fog' lift from the medication I reacted to .. they said 2-3 weeks for it to BE GONE, and it has been 2.5 weeks .. I went shopping today for 5 hours and remain UPRIGHT !!!

I would switch us over, but am afraid Betty will too .. so .. I'll leave it to her.

Hope everyone has had a great day

~M~

I hopefully moved us here ..

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1290077/

Merry Christmas ^_^

~M~

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.