November in your neck of the woods .. come chat :-)

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Yahooooooo! The drug fog has lifted some more.... You have no idea how much that means to me.!
I was able to get up this morning and let the dogs out. MYSELF, I didn't have to rely on Lorna to get up and get into her leg and do it. The enclosure has to be checked out for skunks before the dogs are allowed out, better safe than sorry.
Physically and emotionally I feel at least 30% better. Still working on the energy reserves, they're kinda low, but I plan to strip the beds today and put on fresh sheets. Would love to attempt to take the pups for a small walk about the property, they are so missing that one aspect with Gordon away. He walks them daily .
I best listen to my body.

Hope you're feeling better Betty. I am convinced that rest is the ticket to feeling better. :)

Enjoy your day everyone

M

Victoria Harbour, ON

"M" just thrilled that your having a 'sunshine' day even if the sun isn't out! Let's hope more improvement is on it's way..soon you will be doing the 'happy dance'!

Just took a few pills for muscle pain, put on voltaren, don't feel quite as bad as yesterday..

spoke with DIL and cousin, booked hotel room in Buffalo for Fri.Nov 30th..thought I'd post all the workshop boxes out, do some last minute shopping (people I just realized I should have a little something for) and be back home Saturday night.

If you al could see the huge frown on my face right now, you would know I am so disappointed.
I didn't listen to ME, and, I overdid it. :(
I just about fainted getting breakfast together.. All the stuff is sitting on the counter waiting for me to come back.
Bit off more than I could chew.

Voltaren is a good med Betty, you can get it as a topical ointment to rub in as well.

Best be off

M

Victoria Harbour, ON

Oh no, small steps "M", small steps..

Yes I use the Voltaren cream and love it..immediate release from pain.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I agree with Betty, Marilyn........ baby steps - 30% is not 100% better, after all.........

Off to the doc's appointment in about an hour. Have not been out of the house for three weeks!
Am hoping all goes well, we'll be going real slow, and, if I have to use the wheelchair, so be it.

Fingers and toes crossed.

M

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning..

Here is hoping your day will go without mishap and yes, what did you tell Lorna, am sure it was "will make things easier for you and it's only for a bit" so in the wheelchair you go..you won't tire as quickly!

Your family must be so concerned

Well ladies, it has been quite the day.
A 50/50 mix of good and bad, with a dash of surprise thrown in for the heck of it.

I have been diagnosed with PMR http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/polymyalgia-rheumatica/DS00441
I happened to mentione to my doc that my jaws hurt when I chewed .. he almost let out a WHOOP !!!!
Murray was sitting beside me and he caught the look as well .. apparently there is a very thin line between diagnosing Rheumatoid Arthritis and PMR .. one of the defining symptoms is the jaw pain.
So .. I am on low dose prednisone for a bit, have had a chest xray, and am being booked for a bone scan
I did use use the wheelchair and was glad I did. My energy level is just not there.

It was SO nice to be OUT after 3 weeks in the house .. came home, Lorna stayed with the SUV to do a few things and I meandered to the back door and let Lilly and Piper out .. I went over the threshold, fell over my own feet, crashed to the floor with the door slamming shut behind me!!! On the way down all I could think about was avoiding a fall onto my right hip !! So, I took the fall on my left knee !!
I laid there in tears because for the life of me I could not figure out how to make myself upright !!!
Lorna came to the back door and immediately wanted to call 911 (NOT on yer life) all I needed was her strong arms to get me on my butt .. which we accomplished, I then was able to grab the door frame and haul myself up with her pushing .. I had ice on my knee in minutes, and, I feel OK (for now).

And, so it goes ....................

~M~

This message was edited Nov 22, 2012 3:41 PM

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

oh Marilyn - both good & bad........... Good that it's diagnosed, and BAD that you're afflicted with it.......
I am keeping you in my prayers.....
OH, on the fall!!! it hurts just to Hear about it...... I wanna give you a big hug and make it all better....
Good thing Lorna was there with her strong arms!

Dare I say that I wakened feeling 'GOOD' ??
After just 2 doses on the steroid I am feeling less stiff and sore .. YAHOO .., and it's a good thing because after a record setting high temp of 10C on Thursday, we got a HUGE dump of snow overnight!! Schools are closed, roads closed yadda yadda.
Lorna is SO happy because now she can use her new machine to do the ploughing, BUT (always that but) .. it's in the garage 300' from the house .. so .. we're going to have to use the snowblower to set a path to get out of the yard .. the dogs literally DOVE into the drift at the back door this morning, Piper is ecstatic, not so much Lilly, she likes to be able to see the interlock !!!!
So, our day is cut out for us .. and .. it will be done SLOWLY a BIT at a time !!!

Thank you for the hug Susan, and, please do keep me in your T&Ps .. just beginning this new journey, and, with trepidation I'm afraid.

Enjoy your day everyone

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

You're welcome, Marilyn. I will definitely keep you in my T&P!!!
Glad to hear you're feeling better, but oh my....... what a snow day for you, eh?

ok - somewhat excited, but reining it in.......
Both Bob & I are starting Temporary jobs on Monday. We found out yesterday when he went to an interview with a gov't office who place people in "training" programs doing painting & construction.
They were going to involve ME in this, until they realized I was registered with their Champions program for disabled peoples........ Anyway, he'll make minimum wage until he can find a perm position.
I got a call from an Employment Agency and the company wants someone from Monday until Dec 28th. It MAY Potentially become perm, but I'm not getting all excited about that possibility.
It IS employment for both of us, and $$ coming in for now, and I'm very happy about that.
S'funny that we both get jobs that start on Monday, eh? LOL

Happy to hear about the jobs Susan I wish you both all the best.

Safe to say winter has arrived and will stay. I totally overdid it and am paying the price.
Lorna on the other hand, is revelling in the white stuff, she's just plowing away..looks great.

Still doing research on this PMR... Hoping to find something positive to hang onto.

M

Victoria Harbour, ON

Afternoon all,

Just had potato soup and feel half human

"M". What in the world are you doing to yourself? So glad no bones broken from your fall!

Yikes, snow storm ?? Lordy, I'll not be greatly, you can keep it, I'll do without.

Temps sure did drop thugh..just put up the furnace, making note to self..change air filter seeing I've been cutting bvwood and sawdust is in the air.

Sky looks mean, wind is up, although its not snowing the rain keeps getting more textured..having friends come for the day tomorrow, hope it won't be a snow day.

Laughing at Lorna, surely there are things more exciting than her out playing with snow equipment Lol. Good for her..

Did your hubby come home with meat for the freezer??

Susan, exciting that you will get to set the alarm Sunday night..you will feel better working near Christmas

Eyes are heavy, should really get off the couch

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I'm excited too, just trying to not get "expectant" of it becoming perm. Been down That road before....

Victoria Harbour, ON

Well if you take it in your stride and just relax, think its but for a few weeks, enjoy who knows...no sense fretting, as you say, you've been down that road before. What kind of firm and what will you be dong..likely you said, but I've worked so hard cutting and staining wood that words just aren't making sense..

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

oh, I hadn't said..... it's for TransAlta, an oil & gas company, working as an Admin Ass't for the Director (name of Lora - oh geeze, another woman Director.....hope she's Post menopausal!! I've had terrible luck with women Directors - 4 of them..... I know it's a stressful job, but geeze!)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Well from past experience you know they like to show their brilliant and in charge so just agree with everything, they have a system, might not be the most effective system but it works for them..some women don't like to think other women are smarter than they, thus individual might try to get up the ladder an their job be in jeopardy sooo go with the flow..

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I do, Betty - last time I "went with the flow" I was told I "didn't learn fast enough".
Sometimes I can't "win for losing"....... but, I will do my best without being a smart-alec.
you'd think at my age I could just be myself...

Victoria Harbour, ON

That is exactly who you should be..

"m" you just had to send me your storm..snowing to beat the dickens..here is hoping it stops during the night..had some friends driving in tomorrow mornimg for day of crafting, don't want them driving in a storm..

In a way, wouldn't mind them cancel'ing lol, could spend the day getting a quilt finished.

We are in a 'Courier and Ives' setting out here in the woods today. Gentle snowfall, deer munching on 'stuff' out back, dogs and pusser in front of the woodstove and, I have Cinnamon buns in the oven.
After yesterdays fiasco, I am taking it EASY today .. I most assuredly paid for the small amount of shovelling I did do.

LOL re Lorna and her toys, she was in HEAVEN out there .. snow blowing then plowing with her machine, the place looks wonderful.

Gord is still in Wisconsin .. may be home on Monday, still no deer (I don't mind).
Thanksgiving at his friends was quite nice, typical big American family.

Susan .. whenever we got a new Head Nurse we went through the same angst that you do .. which way does this one work .. being middle management we always knew they were shooting for the coordinators job (or higher) .. wish you all the best ,,

Hunker down Betty, sure don't wish the 25cm we got on you .. what a mess !!!

Enjoy your day ladies

~M~

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Good news on the jobs, Susan. I hope they work well for both of you.

Been busy with things. Bells keep busy this time of year. Tomorrow we play in church and in the afternoon at the first Carol sing of the season (we will do 3) even though it's not Advent for another week. Really cool arrangement of Amazing Grace for tomorrow morning. There are links on our schedule page to sound clips of it if any are interested - you'll find our schedule page at: http://clients.teksavvy.com/~frederking/Ann/schedule.html

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

ah Marilyn - 'Courier and Ives' - that sounds beautiful!!

I'm always worried about "matching" myself with management. I just read an article from Business Insider called "WHY PEOPLE WHO HAVE FAILED MAKE GREAT EMPLOYEES" or "The Best Hires Have A Healthy Paranoia And Fear Of Failure"
Read more: http://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman/homeaway-founder-why-i-hire-failures.html#ixzz2DA8lJlA4

Victoria Harbour, ON

Afternoon,

You didn't post "M" that you were shovelling, shaking my finger at you, you should have knawing better. Tsk. Tsk. Glad to hear you are resting though.am sure Gordon will be glad to be home so he can you for yourself how you are doing!
You will have the best plowed yard in town..Lorna likely feels she is contributing and making things lighter work wise for you.

ViolaAnn this is your really busy time of year, know its hectic but you so enjoy it..how are the renovations?? Or are you back in your church..can't be yet??? But time does fly by..

Susan, going to visit the links
friends just left, long trip back to the city, hopefully NOT as long as it took them to come, tractor trailer upset and several smaller mishaps.

Great time, tired me out though. Loaned my car to Kyle last night am hoping to get it back after he finished work, wonder if it will be empty. Lol

Bit to late for me to get to home depot though..made a list of groceries, just maybe there is nothing that can't wait until tomorrow.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - empty of full of gifts, or empty of gas?? lol

Victoria Harbour, ON

Gas, but he surprised me, there was more than when he got it..

Did go to town, thought if I went then tomorrow I could just play..

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Good for him/you!!
Y'know when Kyle's all grown up when he does responsible things like this!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Maybe his dad warned him that if I got the car back empty, no more car..from experience as a teen Greg would know this. Lol

Tired so off to bed I go

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Betty- yes, we are back in our church. We got back in a year ago Canadian Thanksgiving after 16 months of being out of it. We now have one of the very few LEED certified church buildings in Canada.

There are lots of picture of the journey at http://www.emmanuelunited.ca/worship_renewal/revitalization.php and the newspaper article is informative too with pics, although for some reason the pics stop in August, nearly 2 months before we got back in. But then we were cleaning for a month and for awhile the entire place was sealed - something to do with the LEED certification.

And of course, there are still the little things that go on and on after such a project and a few remain such as lights in the CE Hall that flicker on and off and nobody can figure out why. Probably skip the video unless you are really interested in LEED.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, going to enjoy hot chocolate and toast while wrapping gifts! Cool outside so good day to stay inside and play Santa..gifts to wrap, gifts to make..always busy time of year.

I am interested ViolaAnn, I just cannot believe its been a year you've been in the church..seems like yesterday you were posting of your temporary move for the renovations..shaking my head, time is flying.thanks for the link

Better not stay sitting or I'll lose my get up and go

Enjoy your busy day, much going on for you. Am sure you will come home full of the Christmas spirit this afternoon..

"m" keep out of mischief today.

We got more snow overnight, perhaps 6cm .. enough to shovel, of which I have done LITTLE .. Lorna is using the blower and will then use the Mule to spruce up the drive ways.

I feel a bit more energetic today, but, have come to realize that will wane as the minutes tick by, no matter what I do to protect it.

We did venture into the city yesterday for a small grocery shop. NOTE TO SELF, "NEVER go grocery shopping on a Saturday afternoon' !!!
Lawsie, the place was PACKED, and here I am with a cane trying to keep upright ! I finally got a cart and held on for dear life !!
Thing is, it's a small Metro on the other end of a mall where a brand new WalMart just opened last week. Doubtless they are reaping the benefits of the myriads of people going into WalMart.
Picked up Chinese Food and came home .. by 5pm I was ready for bed.

Today I plan to not plan anything LoL .. as I am a consummate PLANNER and Multi tasker, I am going to have to put that part of me on the back burner for quite awhile.

Enjoy your gift wrapping Betty .. I shudder to think of my 'need to do shopping' .. may do it all online.
Susan .. good luck tomorrow to both you and Bob.
ViAnn .. good to hear you;re back in your church and busy with the Bells ..

Toodles

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thanks Marilyn!!
A new WalMart? When will it end? LOL

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning,

Squalls here today, my Sonic sure doesn't handle 1/2 as well as my Aveo did! Just called the dealership and Canadian Tire, because they clasify my car as the sporty model snow tires are between $600-$700
most different taxes..

Have to say, it was pretty as a picture this morning with all the snow on the pine trees..

Am thinking as I go to Buffalo this weekend I just might go look for tires, bring them home and have my brother put them on..have to make some calls before I decide what to do..hate to spend that when Christmas is so close.

While on with the dealership Jeff called, told him what I was doing, he said he and Greg could get me snow tires for Christmas..now what kind of gift is that, I want $$$ so I can put towards Florida trip and a wide throat sewing machine..lol Know it would all work out in the wash but just don't want TIRES from Santa.

"M" think the entire town was out shopping yesterday..picked up the crosses I had engraved for the grandsons and had to park at the far end of the lot..not a space to be had. C R A Z Y!!!

Know a lot of people who shop on-line and love doing it and can take advantage of the sales, would imagine you would have to shop soon though to get items in time for Christmas

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Article in our paper this weekend indicated that the buys on tires were just as good in Ontario as in the US. But maybe just mailorder - not when you actually go get them.

WAHOOOOOoooooooooooooo ... I am feeling SO much better today, and for that I am eternally happy. I know that if the doc I see in Dec takes me off of it, I will regress, but, for now ... YAHOoooooooooooo .. I baked Banana bread this morning and stood start to finish .. no sitting down gasping or groaning ..

I hear ya on the tires as a Xmas gift Betty .. kind of a let down, but I guess it'd be nice all the same ... one year I got a Dyson vacuum cleaner and was in quite the snit about it for a few weeks, BUT, I did mention how much I liked them ... sure wasn't my Estee Lauder though LoL

Thinking about Susan today, hope her first day goes well.

CROWDS .. just NOT a ME thing at all ... I find Wednesdays are the best day to go shopping.
We now have THREE WalMarts here ... a SUPER WalMArt, and 2 smaller ones (were Zellers) .. the last Zellers is now gone and a Target is moving in .. how can you beat theses stores. Several of our locally owned business are suffering great losses.

I best get on with my day

TTFN

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

I called a few place in Buffalo and yes no difference so will call and order them here..they say because they have computer monitor that is why they are so expensive..

Guess I'm aggravated that I just bought snow tires at Christmas and can not use them on this new vehicle..2 sets within the year is a bit much..think I paid $400 for tires and put them on. Might as well bite the bullet, don't like it but what can you do in snow country!

Glad today is a good day "M"..you've done enough now go rest.

ViolaAnn, are you getting these squalls?

What is up with these TIRES .. I do believe it is becoming a 'racket' of sorts.
My tires on my Toyota Rav4 SUV are filled with NITROGEN, just like a plane .. the reason being they expand and contract with the temperature, and, are virtually guaranteed NOT to have a leak (we'll see).
Gord has just bought a 2013 GMC Sierra .. he was all ready to sign on the dotted line when he (thankfully) asked about the TIRES .. well .. kafuffle time .. here the tires were the lowest of the low !!! He balked, and the dealership folded and gave him the PROPER tires.

Chilly here today (windy) but no snow thanks :-)

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

No wonder you have no snow, you sent it my way didn't you..

know they say all seasons are great but not for our kind of winters..

snowing out there now, just getting everything packed up..tomorrow they are just calling for it being overcase so no need to switch phones to my house..

At least if it's going to snow let it snow enough that we have a snow day lol

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Whew - back home
My job went well today – one of the other secretaries said it was a very “laid back place” but it is busy. I know I impressed my boss (Lora) cuz when she had me go into her email (only 70 new ones through the day…..) I found 2 that were flights for today (CGY to EDM and return tonight), and she hadn’t checked in, so I did for her. Printed her boarding passes.
Then I found a meeting for tomorrow that she needed to have a printout for and she hadn’t, so I did for her.
I’m going to a Sharepoint training out of the city tomorrow afternoon, and taking minutes at a meeting afterwards.
I set up a luncheon date for her and someone that will be in meetings with her, later on.
She had asked me to enter about 100 business cards into her Outlook contact list, so that’s all done too. They couldn't be scanned, so had to type them in. I got my computer access, and set up some other things for me. She left early this afternoon, so I will see her tomorrow am, and we can discuss what’s been done, and what I need to do.

Bob said he was in an Orientation today, and there were 30 attendees! It surprised the facilitators, cuz they weren't expecting so many.
Afterwards he took a test – some office skills, math, and invoicing. Guess they want to see where they “are” so they know what type of training to put them in?!

One thing……. It’s awkward as all heck to get to the office – have to walk up 5 blocks to the train. I made an error in the dark leaving - ended up I had to walk back 2 blocks to the beginning….. so it was 9 blocks, and my knee is still not healed enough to take long walks like that. I was hurting by the time I got on the train. Anyway, Bob picked me up at the train stn so that was good. Headed home and made dinner, now he’s out at his bowling league tonight. Rush, Rush lol
Think I’ll do the 7:30 to 4:30 shift, instead of 8:00 to 5:00….. easier to leave downtown at 4:30!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Beautiful
http://www.andiesisle.com/creation/magnificent.html

Whoa, Susan, you had quite the day yesterday my dear!
NINE blocks of walking, well, if I had most of the day to do it it'd be OK LoL
Sorry your knee is acting up .. if you can get your hands on some BioFreeze gel you'll never regret it.
All in all it sounds as though you had a pretty good day though ... showed yer metal :-)

Loved the link, quite soothing ...

Snowed overnight here .. perhaps an inch .. I SO want to go and get a haircut ... will have to judge my energy level first though.

Gord got home at a bout 5pm .. no venison, but, it seems like he has LOTS of Xmas pressies :-)
Not too impressed with the gas mileage on his new truck .. but .. apparently that doesn't get better til after 5000 K.

Time to do some bed making and 'make me a plan for the day' LoL

~M~

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.