Our Becky aka Bec_No_Va - was diagnosed with cancer

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I would humbly ask for each of your prayers and if your church has a prayer chain that you add our Becky to it. She received the devastating news yesterday that she's been diagnosed with cancer. She doesn't know much more than that...she'll be meeting with her doctor and having a CT done that will provide the additional information needed to determine the treatment route that will be taken. Becky has been through so much starting at a tender age. Those that know her - know her for the strong 'trooper' she is..the animal rights advocate she steadfastly volunteers much time for....the loyal steadfast friend that you're blessed to have in your corner. Now it's HER turn to need folks in her corner...prayer warriors that will hold her up and her amazing hubby, Greg. Please pray as led...personally I'm praying for God's protection, comfort, peace and strength...for the both of them...and of course the healing we knew He can provide. Thank each of you for remembering them in prayers - hugs to all.

Thumbnail by Chantell Thumbnail by Chantell
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Oh Chantell!
Becky is such a treasure to all of us in Mid Atlantic ,so 'will do" gladly. Comfort, strength, God's protection, peace, those all sound good to me.
Thank you for letting us know.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Chantell: That is sobering and worrisome news. We will of course pray for Becky's health, protection and peace -- and for to be back on her feet with this chapter behind her as soon as possible.

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

We will add her to our prayers each time we pray (which is very often, these days)

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh no. I will definitely be praying for her. I have seen first hand that prayer and positive energy do have an impact. I was looking at the picture of Becky and thinking that it captures her spirit perfectly - beautiful, laughing, and just Becky in a nutshell. Then I was looking at the angel picture and thinking how serene the setting is. It is the kind of place where I really feel God's presence, the kind of place where I do find myself praying, and then I realized it was the angel in my hillside shade garden! You have amazing photography skills. Sending prayers Becky's way.... Terri

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Will definitely add her to our list. Peace, comfort, wisdom and strength for both her and Greg. The power of prayer is strong. Hugs

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Praying for healing and comfort for both her and her hubby

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Prayers and positive thoughts being sent her way.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Praying and lifting you up for healing, comfort, grace, and strength. Your innate stubbornness determination will see you through... and we will keep you "wrapped up in hugs" (Joyanna's phrase) and love.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Wrapped up in hugs is a wonderful thought. Our prayers join those of many others.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks all! Just came back from CT, should know tomorrow exactly what it is & what I'm facing...I'm already in survivor mode...I can & will beat this!

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

We don't know each other, I just wanted to say I've added you to my prayer list for a COMPLETE RECOVERY! Yes survivor mode is good.

Jan

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Such sad news, Beck is a fighter and she will come out of this strong and healthy. My thoughts and prayers going your way.

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

My thoughts are with you and your family Beck. Being outside and in the garden is my biggest stress reliever and relief from the world.

Quote from UMD_Terp :
My thoughts are with you and your family Beck. Being outside and in the garden is my biggest stress reliever and relief from the world.

true of many if us I think, Me too. It's heartens ME to hear Bec's fighting spirit here and on FB. Go Becky!! I hope you get "good' news tomorrow.

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh, Becky!!! I was totally in shock! My thoughts are with you and your family!! Wish you well. I know you will beat it!

Thumbnail by donnerville
Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

I am also in agreement in prayer for you Becky, our God is a God of Love, of Peace, and of Victory!! Let's just claim that victory for you right now! And from now until you see the evidence of that victory, I pray also that He keep you wrapped up in hugs! (I gotta say, Joyanna is brilliant!)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thinking of you today, Becky, as you do the CT scan... hope you can take your mind away to your last vacation, or your back deck with its bounty of blooms, or somewhere pleasant and distracting while that machine whirls around! I know it'll be a tough night waiting to hear the report tomorrow... praying for grace -- and for good news!!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Our thoughts and prayers are with you today. Thankyou for sharing this with us. May all those health care people you meet today be blessings and blessed, supported in the peace that passes understanding. Via con Dios.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Becky, you are in my thoughts today. Good luck.

Crozet, VA

Am joining in with others in prayer agreement. Becky, I have said this before and will say it again.....please allow us all the privilege of seeing you through this difficult time. Do not hesitate to ask for whatever you need. In true MAG's spirit, we will be there for you.

I know personally the healing and ministering spirit of this group. I had been here only a short time before getting the same diagnosis, six plus years ago. I felt as if not for Dave's Garden extra special people and the joy I derived from working outdoors with my garden, I would have had a much tougher time.

In case I haven't thanked all of you before now, I will take this opportunity to tell you all that I know your love and caring played a major part in having my case go as smoothly as it did.

Again Becky, please do not hesitate for ask for any sort of assistance. For now, we all pray. Yes maam, you can do it if anyone can.

Ruby

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Update: I now have a name for "it" - Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the cervix - so yes, the woman with a total hysterectomy has cervical cancer...with lesions on the liver...it is one of the most treatable cancers, it responds well to both chemo and radiation - might need surgery to locate the blasted remnants left behind 10 years ago...will know this afternoon what treatment and then I need to see a GYN oncologist as well - this is much better news than I was expecting!!!! :)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

One giant phew from me! Great news! See what a little collective prayer can do?

So glad for you!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Glad to hear it is one of the most treatable

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Apparently the other doc had it all wrong and treatment won't be anywhere near as easy as expected...the oncologist I saw today can and will consider himself fired...he gave me an expiration date and had absolutely not hope to give me - I'm aiming for Walter Reed or Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Becky, Yes go for another opinion.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Another opinion!!! We are behind you and your fighting spirit 100 %. (((HUGS)))

Man oh man. Things can be such a roller coaster. Just hang on , all downs have ups.

Warrenton, VA

Dearest Becky, may your love of Nature send love and healing back to you and surround every cell with health. Go outside some night and sit under a big tree, probably an old, gnarley Oak, and look up at the Heavens...and let there be peace for you. Whatever your destiny on Earth, for however long, as for all of us, may the grace of God surround you always, kind soul.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

A roller coaster, indeed... sheesh, you're just starting into the diagnostic phase, and until the "whatever" on the liver gets biopsied, there's no telling for sure that it's even a cancerous lesion... Yep, fire that doc but quick. So I'm praying for the liver "lesions" to turn out to be random bits of scar tissue. Clear diagnosis, successful treatment, and quick healing... and strength and grace while you get through the "what have we here" phase and into the "how are we going to kick it to the curb" phase.

Love you, Becky.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Thank you Becky for the update, will continue with prayers for complete recovery.

Jan

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Well, I doubt it's benign lesions - but, I'm calling INOVA tomorrow...also checking on Walter Reed & Hopkins - doc is fired big time, no way am I going back - INOVA has fab reputation & in the top ten in the US...I'm not ready to accept an expiration date ^_^

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

No way, no how are we accepting that!

F.L.A.G.!

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Oh yes, second, and even THIRD opinions are a MUST!!! (had a similar situation with my Little Mamma recently, who had been given an expiration date,.. AFTER having been given a roller coaster ride from the first QUACK. Now she has a REAL doctor and is doing wonderfully!! AND seems to have 'misplaced' her expiration date!!) Definitely a new, REAL doctor is in order for you, and with prayers, we will help you to misplace your expiration date!!! < =D
GOD CAN DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Becky, keeping fingers crossed here. You go girl!

Crozet, VA

So sorry that you find yourself on a roller coaster this week. Good grief....I thought I was the only unlucky person who tended to get the lowest one percent of the medical graduating classes. As Jill said, you will have to keep your mind as alert as it has ever been in order to survive less than great physicians. I was amazed during the years when dealing with breast cancer and the reconstruction how always at the very last minute I was told something new in regards to the treatment. Being told things at the last minute doesn't allow a person to give proper thought to which way to go with things. Good thing that you have some experience already dealing with doctors who can't completely understand what is going with your body.

Knowing you I don't see you laying down and allowing another mere human to give you expiration dates and such. As so many of us are here to attest, we baffle the medical community over and over, year in and year out. The spirit of life that we all know you have will serve you well. I agree with Happy and believe that our messages to the Universe are working on your behalf. Please continue to update as you walk your way through this maze.

Thinking kind thoughts of you today.

Ruby

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Checking in to see that Bec's update y'all...keep on praying...hugs to all

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

They are working real hard at getting me in to Walter Reed - who collaborates with Hopkins, and they are THE best!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I now have an apt with a new oncologist - who at least looks good on paper (thanks Happy!) - a PET scan Tuesday, on the list with NIH for a clinical study and while all of this truly sucks - I have more hope! I took great pleasure in telling Doc I that I was getting a new doc and a new opinion - I appreciate the support and prayers so much - it means the world to me/us!!! Walter Reed is still very much in the mix and so is Hopkins, surgeon and GP will write all the letters I need to go there if that is what I want & they have contacts there...also contacts at the National Cancer Institute

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.