Sally's Plant Swap: After Word

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

THanks Gita ,and Devon. Dad was well loved and a good man. I had quite the long weekend driving with the three kids to NC and rendezvousing with Mark who was already halfway there with his airplane, on a golf trip. Crazy emotional time but given everything, I am so grateful to get through it all in one piece and be back home.

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Sally, oh dear, please also let me give you big warm hugs, I'm so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing!! Being able to stop and see Ruby and John really had to have been a big blessing, a boon to a sore soul. GOD BLESS YOU Ruby and John, to be there for Sally on her road home!!! My thoughts and prayers, also, are with you and your family!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Thanks Susan!

Crozet, VA

Gita, I don't usually spray the flowers, some I do mist with the sprayer at times. I use the 2 gallon sprayer to water the pots. I don't always measure carefully but do try to put about one third an eye dropper of the Super Thrive per 2 gallons of water and simply pour what would amount to about a half cup of hydrogen peroxide per 2 gallons of water. I used to purchase the Super Thrive at Walmart in the small containers, but now order a quart size bottle on line which lasts a long time.

Sally, there were many years that I would ride by other houses and see screened porches and always yearn for one of my own. When I re-purchased the home about seven years ago it was the first thing I added, that and the font deck. We are happy here. I did notice on a trip out later last week that some of the trees had finally begun coloring up nicely. The ones on the mountain seen from back deck are nice yellows and reds today also. You must have missed the prime time by about a week. Maybe you can return next fall during the peak of the color.

Ruby

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Ruby---

Eons ago--My hubby and I took a trip to the Skyline Drive in the fall...

Words cannot describe the beauty of all the fall colors on the trees as we drove along the ridge
and looked down on the expanse of yellows and golds reds and oranges and greens.
live........ Gita

Crozet, VA

It is quite breath taking Gita, I agree. I will be driving over the mountain later today for a doctor's appointment. I am sure that I will see lots of colors if my back yard is any indication of what may be found there. I make the trip over the mountain ridge quite often, but will some times think of folks who are seeing its majesty for the first time. I have always taken the mountains for granted, something I see every day, but now realize that it is quite something for folks to behold who are not accustomed to seeing something as magnificient as this. I have spent many an hour enjoying some of the pull over rest stops on the Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway......both very grand and has a way of making a person realize just how small we are in comparison to wonders of the earth.

Ruby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.