Post photo of your favorite perennial combinations, Part 2

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Took these yesterday when sun was in the camera
NO !!I was not having a special moment with one of those religeous movies of the 60's with Rock Hudson."Magnificent Obcession" I think.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

In this picture the little bit of sun helps to show off the bed, I think it is a great photo!! :)

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

It's very beautiful!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks. It's really full of atmosphere

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I love this campanula
Blue Waterfalls

Thumbnail by ge1836
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Very beautiful, got to get some of that!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Bluestone.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Thanks! :))

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

This 'Merlot' Bearded iris fell over into the Armeria. I left it there because it looked so terrific.

Thumbnail by Pistil
(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

That looks so good. I can tell the weather there is nice. Here is a combination I like right now. It's Aralia 'Sun King' and some woodland Phlox that blooms over and over without stopping.

Thumbnail by echinaceamaniac
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

That does look good. Cant grow armeria here for anything.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

I really like that Sun King, might need to get some of that!

Lake Stevens, WA

http://cubits.org/notfortheserious/thread/view/66519/
Hellebores for the winter days. Mamajack co-op

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I am not bright enough to create an picasa album so Its another smilebox
http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4d7a49774d6a59354d6a673d0d0a&blogview=true

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Don't apologize- I love your smilebox slide shows! And the gardens look beautiful, your combinations are really effective. Good luck tomorrow, I'm sure your guests will love it too.

Btw, I tried to find that dwarf Achillea Desert Eve Cream, but it's sold out. There's always next year...

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

It's new that generally happens.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

My coreopsis Center stage with Leatris and some annuals. Also a lonly gentleman Bill McKenley dahlia . I think dahlias are early this year. Etelka

Thumbnail by kiseta Thumbnail by kiseta
Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

My cottage garden combination. My sister said it is like a jungle. I like it.

Thumbnail by kiseta
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Love your flowers and your garden, Etelka.

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Etelka, can't believe anyone would call that a jungle! It's quite pretty.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Etelka I like the full look.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

When I stand in the middle of my grassy area, I am about 30 feet from everything, I think I will put my chair in the middle and enjoy. Etelka

Thumbnail by kiseta Thumbnail by kiseta Thumbnail by kiseta
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Very beautiful Etelka, I love the pots in a cottage garden. :)

That's a gorgeous garden, Etelka, and you deserve time out in a chair to enjoy it all.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Please yourself Etelka.I cant think of any endevor that requires such hard work and long wait for results.Enjoyment is in proportion. Sit and enjoy.
I had a Garden Party yesterday. Serves Butterfly and Bee cookies.

Thumbnail by ge1836

How sweet is that? You're a great gardener, Jo Ann.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi Pirl.Thanks.Its really hot here today .I will be inside most of the day.

Too hot for me so I just came inside for some relief. You've really made a silk purse out of a sow's ear, Jo Ann.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

I am inside to after finishing almost all my planed jobs. Yesterday I bought me a VCR and DVD player and bought some old VCR tapes. I figured I can hook up all the different wires on the machine, it took me a while but finnaly I was watching the tape on The Grand Canyon It is breathtakingly beutiful and dangerous to go on those trails with a donkey. This is sometining new for me, but I guess I can pick up tapes for a 1.00 and feel like I have been traveling someplace. This country is very beutiful, forget London and Paris. Etelka

So glad to hear you say it, Etelka! We've been to the Grand Canyon and it is gorgeous even in the snow. A former boss always told me to see America first and he was right. There's beauty in every state and our National Parks are such pleasures.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Don't forget the internet, you can see a lot of breathtaking pictures and videos there also. :))

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/25-breathtaking-nature-photography/

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Thank you Virginia, the pictures are breathtaking.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

kiseta..wait til everything knits itself together...it'll be a regular English cottage style border!!! Fabulous.

I must say.......it's so much fun to see others photos...Think I'll get me some of that Campanula!!!!!

And I just love the sunray pix !!!!!Someones shinning on you !!!

pix1: Gypsophila repens, creeping baby's breath; and Johnny Jump Ups, They have reseeded themself around the border with a bit of encougagment, lol.
pix2: A bouquet I made up for garden club last week, just before the Iris finished for the year, wish the rebloomers (Iris)worked here.

Many things are goofed up for bloom times this year, and still a little early, new groups of flowers are beginning to strut there stuff, this next week they should really begin blooming their heads off.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

The whacky spring has made bloom changes for us but there is always next year, At least there are some things blooming even if they are out of synk.
JI's are starting here. All of them are shorter than last year but they are blooming.
I enjoy Prairy Glory from Pirl a few years ago.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Duxbury, MA(Zone 7a)

kosk0025 - if you are still watching this thread, do you have a photo of your bird's nest spruce? From a little bit away so I can see the whole bush. I took over an island planting in my garden club and one of the 3 low evergreen shrubs needs to be replaced. We're not sure what they are, but from the photo you posted I'm thinking it might be the bird's nest spruce. Thanks

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

JoAnn, So, what did you do at your garden party? And, who did you invite, gardeners? I have thought about doing a garden party or a afternoon tea, but haven't figured out what to "do".
It's pretty hot to be out touring the garden these days: 95 degrees. We did have some breeze so that helped.
I'm still planting flowers--ones that I grew from seed. I planted a bunch of Digitalis 'Glittering Prizes". It's new to me this year, but I have to say they are the most robust digitalis I have ever seen. They're suppose to get 5 or 6 feet tall.
We took the plants out of one of flower beds and worked in a bunch of peat moss. The soil is so nice now. We're putting in a few stepping stones. I put in Lily 'Anastasia", Digitalis 'Glittering Prizes' and Nepeta 'Walkers Low'.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I am not in the best physical shape so I make a gathering as easy as possible.
The women who came are former neighbors and old friends.There were about 17.
I have the party after 1:00 so I dont have to serve a meal and no one has to bring potluck.
I serve cookies and bought a fruit bowl for those who dont want sugar,they bring what they want to drink
I use plastic and have a big waste can for trash and another smaller one for empty recyclables.
.My cousin thinks I am crazy for serving anything she has people over to see the gardens at her house and all they do is sit and gaze and chat.

I dont go out at night to events and many of my friends are in mid 70's so they dont go out either.
I never have people over for dinner so this is a chance for old friends to get together.All these people are on a "group mail" list for regular albums of the gardens.
I have been asked to do a public tour but the liability factor turns me off.
It would also mean uber weeding,washing stuff,sweeping every speck of dirt off the paths and making sure plant supports dont show.
No thanks.
I took 2 naps the next day.
I love these women and really enjoy seeing all of them.It really is a pleasure and they forgive a weed or two here and there.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Bunch of pix from today

Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

All the pix from today
http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4d7a49784e4449784e7a513d0d0a&blogview=true

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.