What is blooming in your garden this May-June?

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

A little bit of this and a little bit of that.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2 Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Lavender just starting and foxglove going nuts.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Willow..you sure have a nice assortment of blooms at your new home. Nice!

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

One of the cosmos I planted from seed. And a sedum Holly gave me.
Thanks Bee

This message was edited Jun 19, 2012 1:33 PM

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

A couple of masterworts. The first has rather plain flowers but the variagated foliage is wonderful. I especially like the second one against our old barn boards.

Thumbnail by bonehead Thumbnail by bonehead
Lake Stevens, WA

The cape fuchsia looked good yesterday! Those are beautiful BH! Might have to look for that first one!

Thumbnail by springcolor Thumbnail by springcolor
Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

They're not blooming yet but I have 3 or 4 fuchsias that Willow gave me at her roundup that have survived 2 winters in smallish containers! I'm so happy to have the memories AND the plants.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

SC, I can chunk you out some this fall if you'd like - it divides easily.

Lake Stevens, WA

Oh, Yes please. I'll remind your this fall.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Love the masterwort. I've never seen it for sale.

springcolor, Those are really nice combos. I need to know where to get the cape fuchsia. And is that a glad in back in the first one? Nice

Lake Stevens, WA

Thanks Willow. Thats a crocosmia. I think I'm in trouble with that one, they have doubled!! in size. I think any nursery will have those. The fuchisa took a beating 2 winters ago. This year they are nice. If we had a a round oup someday they are easy to root.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

sk, glad those babies are still going.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

A few summer blooms from today.

two water lilies, delphiniums, hydrangea ,foxglove,

Thumbnail by BeaHive Thumbnail by BeaHive Thumbnail by BeaHive Thumbnail by BeaHive Thumbnail by BeaHive
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Beauteous!!!

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Ditto

Portland, OR

One year-old Rosa Veilchenblau climbing up the stairs. It's a once bloomer, smells light and apple-y, and has few thorns. I love it! My bamboo is also taking off. (Those that my puppy didn't eat, at least. Bamboo shoot salad..yum!) I planted a variety of Phyllostachys last year to hide the neighbor's wall in back. My favorite so far is 'Lama Temple.' And yes, I was careful to put in a trench barrier for the bamboo:)

My first post here! Beautiful pictures, everyone. What a wonderful region for gardening.

This message was edited Jun 24, 2012 1:42 PM

Thumbnail by Portland_Rose
Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Aconitum 'Stainless Steel' - my first monkshood to bloom.

Welcome Rose, lovely photo.

Thumbnail by bonehead
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Welcome Rose, That is a beautiful rose.
That monkshood is a pretty bloom.

Portland, OR

Thanks for the welcome, bonehead and Willowwind! I love your photos too, of the lavender, poppies popping, the honeysuckle and now that monkshood. Gorgeous!

I realize my bamboo didn't really show up in the rosa Veilchenblau photo so here's another try. It's not what's "blooming" exactly, but it's growing like crazy! The tallest one has shot up to double it's height in the past month! I think that one is Phyllostachys aureosulcata 'Harbin Inversa'. They were all planted last spring in hopes of covering up that ugly wall.

Roses are my first love, and here are some of my hybrid teas (red is Mr. Lincoln with Double Delight) and English shrub roses (clockwise from top: Abraham Darby, Lord Mountbatten, and Jude the obscure).

Thumbnail by Portland_Rose Thumbnail by Portland_Rose Thumbnail by Portland_Rose
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful roses and bouquets. The bamboo looks good. It should help with the looks of the wall.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Everything is beautiful!. The roses are gorgeous, Portland Rose, and I can practically smell them through the screen...imagination I guess. Willow, it's good to see that little plant I gave you blooming already. I have been through my end-of-schoolyear marathon of work, and finished a really difficult paper for my college class today. I'm so grateful to have a moment to breathe and come here to look at pretty pictures. Thanks everyone.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Congradulations on another year of teaching finished. You certainly deserve a breather.

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Welcome, Portland Rose. Good to have another Oregonian. Jude the Obscure is one of my favorite roses also---love the rounded shape.

Summer--I see you added the cerinthe major this year (blue shrimp plant)---It looks great next to the cape fuschia. So much bigger than mine last year.

BH---love that color of the Stainless Steel.

I need to walk around and photograph my gardens. I haven't done so for a couple of weeks!

Pic---yarrows 'Moonshine' and 'Paprika'.

Thumbnail by kosk0025
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Welcome Portland Rose.

Been busy working on the deer fence again. Sadly, I had to resort to deer netting around my front yard. Kept me busy most of the week. Was able to relax a bit last night and snap a few blooms .
Honey perfume,shasta daisy,cherry parfait,fushia and my all time favorite pink roses- Sexy Rexy

Thumbnail by BeaHive Thumbnail by BeaHive Thumbnail by BeaHive Thumbnail by BeaHive Thumbnail by BeaHive
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful Bea.

Love the yarrow. Have to remember to get some of that for the big bed.

Portland, OR

Thanks for the welcomes! I guess it's July now, so I hope to see you all on other threads. Kosk, I love the yarrow too. I've been wanting some for my border. BeaHive, gorgeous flowers! The Cherry Parfait is stunning, but then I always love the two-tone roses.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Does yarrow spread? I have just one sitting in a pot.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Yarrow can spread its seed, but I have not found it to be a problem plant. If you see a seedling and you don't want any more they are easy to pull out when they are small. Easy to relocate also.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

This was a surprise to find.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Willow , what a nice find at your new home! A few new blooms today.

These poppies are awesome about 4 ft high, a huge daylily (tag lost) Monkshood that I spotted leaving a nursery today. Of course I added it my other purchases. Delphinium, and honey parfume agin. Beautiful rose!

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

That poppy is amazing. Beautiful pictures.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

BeeHive..your pictures of your flowers are stunning! Bambi must have bought all her friends that night you lost all those flowers! There's a skinny Bambi wondering around here. I am wondering it that is same one that I saw with one fawn last week walking around her at 5:30 am with her Mama. She couldn't have been no more than about 2 ft. tall but she had her legs prancing very well, so she might have been a few months old..Usually we see Bambi with 2 or 3 fawns following close by, not just one. I've never seen a skinny deer; this one you can almost see her ribs from afar. The times I've seen this one she was alone..maybe Mr. Bambi got hit by car?

Do you have good luck using "Deer off?" Around here, most people use "Liquid Fence" which works but all of those animal deterrent products you have to respray after a rain and spray often when it is dry. They love hostas! I had one coneflower plant sampled a few weeks ago.

This message was edited Jul 8, 2012 8:53 AM

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

June was a while ago, but these photos of my one Pacific Giant delphinium were from June 10.

OP Delphinium elatum 'Pacific Giant'
from Botanical Interests
Foliage around 5 feet tall, flower spikes another 2 feet.
They didn't last long as cut flowers, but with sun behind then, like pastel stained glass.
Light blue and light purple in the same bloom.
Seeds really easy to collect, I have 48 teaspoons!

Thumbnail by RickCorey_WA Thumbnail by RickCorey_WA
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I found a few late summer beauties. A surprise creamy rose, a beautiful aster and some fall color on a peony. It is hard to see my new tiered flowerbed. I've only planter 6 new iris so far. They are bluish and white. My sis gave me a pretty little maple to put in and I have a few more maples for it.
Guess it would help if I remembered the pics.

This message was edited Sep 10, 2012 7:05 PM

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

And a pretty sunflower.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2 Thumbnail by Willowwind2 Thumbnail by Willowwind2 Thumbnail by Willowwind2 Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Lake Stevens, WA

Love your aster Willow!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.