What is blooming in your garden this May-June?

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

We started from here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1235402/

Pics
1) Lupinus polyphyllus 'Russell Hybrids'

2) Thalictrum 'Black Stockings' (meadow rue)

Thumbnail by kosk0025 Thumbnail by kosk0025
Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Pic 1) Wisteria

Pic 2) Aquilegia 'McKana's Giant'

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Love the yellow columbine

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Spanish lavender blooming. Hanging baskets are up. Bought 21 this year. I'm taking on way too much this year. I have set up my drip system for 8 of them. (the other 13 are already set up on systems I've installed previous years, including the baskets in this pic, thank goodness).

Thumbnail by kosk0025
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

BI-Boogie Nights, BI -Daugter of stars,columbine,white azelea & huge pink Rhodie that came with the place, red rhodie.

Very colorful around my place this week.

Thumbnail by BeaHive Thumbnail by BeaHive Thumbnail by BeaHive Thumbnail by BeaHive Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

allium,pansies,more columbine,lithadora,dutch iris, and my orange oriental poppy that survived the move.

Thumbnail by BeaHive Thumbnail by BeaHive Thumbnail by BeaHive Thumbnail by BeaHive Thumbnail by BeaHive
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful all.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

I apparently am unable to load 5 photos at a time - is there a trick to that? I've tried 3 times and it takes forever and then kicks me to the general forum page with no photos uploaded. Sigh. I'll upload individually I guess.

Looking out my kitchen window. Iris, volunteer corydalis, centaura.

Thumbnail by bonehead
Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

The front bed, filling out.

Thumbnail by bonehead
Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

I love this sun rose. The middle spill is where a rock dislodged from the wall and the plant filled in. How cool.

This message was edited May 19, 2012 10:23 PM

Thumbnail by bonehead
Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Wonderful pics. Awesome in fact.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I second that! That little peek out the window looked like your new patio? It looks so good.

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Gorgeous you guys!

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

My friend's husband owns a metalworks company. He designed and made me these plant stands. I have two of them. They each have 4 arms, and hold 4 hanging baskets. I absolutely love them.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I absolutely love them, too!!! He did very nice work. I know you will cherish them for many years. The baskets look great as well!!!

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Kosk, those are beautiful, I really like the staggered heights.

Lake Stevens, WA

Those are nice, what a great idea.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

The Red Osier Dogwood in full bloom.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

A Simplicity Rose. Not very many blooms, too much neclect.
And the Phlox

Thumbnail by Willowwind2 Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

The new corner and a lilac bloom. Very old double white.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Oops no lilac.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

An Artemisia

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

and Wisteria

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Wisteria story: When my youngest son was about 8 or 9, he noticed the way a wisteria wrapped around its support and commented what a great torture that would be to coil a plant around a person and let it slowly squeeze.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Clever little boy. I could see that happening. Hahahaha

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

King's spear is opening up (Asphodeline lutea). This is another plant that is supposedly fragrant, but I cannot discern anything at all. Does anyone else not smell this...or smell it? Could just be my nose, I rarely get anything out of sarcocoocoa which most folks rave about.

Thumbnail by bonehead
Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Dictamnus alba. I haven't yet tried to light the gas on this -- has anyone else had luck with that little trick?

Thumbnail by bonehead
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Rainy day..but managed to take a few pic's between showers.

1 - First baby deer of 2012 in our neighborhood...so darling
2 - Ancient Echoes
3- Jitterbug
4- Again & Again
5- Noid

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

baby salad greens, white dutch iris,Siberian Iris,peony, fern

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

BH---those are new ones to me. So I don't have them. But thanks for posting---I read about them, and learned a lot.

As always, beautiful pics Beahive.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Love to see the deer. The fawn is early, it is usually June before you see them. Or are you just a little warmer than we are? Peony also, I have tight buds. Love the iris.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful pictures everyone. I love seeing your gardens and plant close-ups.
Say Willow, I'm still planning on coming over to your place this coming week to help in your garden -- any way you want. I can't remember for sure what day we settled on, but I think it was Monday (Memorial Day). Is that still good for you? I have some dwarf irises already potted up if you are interested.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

ww, I was surprised to see the fawn this early too. I moved here late June last year and I did not see any until Mid-july. I think this one was born in my neighbors back yard( which is overgrown and has some good areas for them to hide in) as I saw the Mother deer doing some strange and interesting twitching, stretching ,posturing tuesday afternoon. She looked a bit uncomfortable ..labor does it all us gals.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Twins! So darn cute!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

That is a beautiful picture.

Lake Stevens, WA

That is nice. So cute.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

My Mom just sent me this youtube link on the beauty of pollination. Beautiful...Hummingbirds,bats,bees,monarchs and more. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/xHkq1edcbk4?rel=0

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks for that great video. So Pretty.

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Foxglove meadow. Backed by lilac, thalictrum, and coastal strawberry groundcover. Camelot series foxgloves. Many more coming from self sowing. I also added a lot of 'Candy Mountain' to this area for next year, and perhaps some first year blooms later this summer, too.

Thumbnail by kosk0025
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Love it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.