CLOSED: DJ'S " APRIL " PERENNIAL SWAP SIGN UP

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

gypsophila repens (dwarf baby's breath, 3-6") and caliroe
Don't have any pix of the rest but can check here at dave's
Almost forgot to tell ya, the physostegia can spread by runners and seed, if you don't want it I understand (you can use as a pass along if someone else wants). I do have a pix of the other salvia, let me figure out which pix it is and will post.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Kathy. You always send such nice things and I'm looking forward to receiving it. Right back at ya as soon as I can double check what I've got for your zone. If not, postage is coming your way. ^_^

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Morning all! Fruity, you must feel like it's Christmas! Do you have grden spots picked out for your new plants yet?

Kathy, I cannot imagine how large your gardens are. Do you get many hummingbirds?

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Beautiful!

Kathy,,, Can I please come live in your garden???? LOL

Seriously it is beautiful and we are all lucky you like to share your lovely plants with us!!

4 more days til Closing!!! I feel like a new puppy all happy and wiggly,,,

I scored some seriously great stuff for the new place from craigslist!! We will have a whole bathroom at no charge except for Sheetrock and plumbing pipes and I think we have most of that stuff at our old place! Humm did I mention to anyone that we are converting a barn into a house?? Anyway we are.. Right now the big cost is finding electrical wire at cheap prices,,,sigh,,,,

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Kris, I will go with you to Kathy's place. Looks like she has enough room for a few more gardeners!

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

kriss if you find a cheaper place online usually menards will match in our area anyway , not sure in yours .
yes all those flowers are just beautiful .
waiting for my neighbor to bring a load of his rich rich soil from his barnyard :) all he wants are a few plants :)
guess i can help him out there :)

ok i have a question a lady here is town called me & asked if i knew any where she could unload some dahlia bulbs.
she has a few 100 if ya want a mixed box they are .50 cent each +shipping , she is going to send me a list of the ones she knows the names of & they will be $1.ea + shipping .
at this point i do not know what she has so going to go out to her place later today & check it out will let you know more when i find out . right now just want to know if anyone would like any at all. ??

i know she has about 20 varieties or more . WELL OFF TO PLAY IN THE DIRT BACK LATER

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Wowsers! That's a whole garden in one box.

Susie, I would be interested in her Dahlias if she has any White ones, or Cactus Flowered ones.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I would like some dahlias. :)

Susie, I would love some Dahlias!

This message was edited Apr 12, 2012 2:00 PM

Susie I would like some at that price...heavens, that is great.

Geez.. that is just wrong timing for me,, I love them but right now no money to buy,, so I will have to pass,

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

I would love some but I am neck deep in the things now and another DG'r is sending me some tubers later on. Got to dig up more lawn.

ok well sounds good i have your names she has over 3000 tubers I'm going out to her place in a few will snap some pic's . she's thinking about $35 for 100 mixed + postage if anyone wants. or you can get what you want for 50 cent ea for a mix & $1. for the named have to go pick up the list will get back with you .

susie

I can't resist. I would like to look also

I Have sent you all a private email to give her info to you PLEASE LET HER KNOW SUSIE SENT YOU>
ya all have a great evening let me know if you cannot reach her.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Elfie...yes, if you do the weeding, lol., thanks elfie, just as much sharing of plants as hooking the rest of you in this habit of mine....beauty!!! LOL> At my garden club, they listened to me for a few years and then made me their Horticulalist. Seems like I'm always teaching something, if ya know the info great, if not and I know about it I will share, just a habit, sorry if it rubs any the wrong way...lol. I'm just trying to make others want flowers as bad as me...LOL.......
Anita..main border is 45ftX100ft, other gardens at home are a work in progress, I have 1 acre to play with (actually there are 5 here, but....), and yes the hummers have finally found me. Being stuck out in the country with few other gardens about to draw them in, took almost 2 years to find my garden.
Lindakay...hey, maybe we could pitch a tent, lol.
Thanks all who have enjoyed the pix, plants and ravings of a lunatic plant lover. I hope one day it looks how it does in my minds eye....English cottagey. Gosh...and it does take a while when most of my things have been grown from seed.
Oh, and for some of you that don't know some of the pix are from my daughter's garden, which I planted with most of my goodies and I try to take care of also. I began teaching the g. kids how to help with the deadheading. Where's my whip again???? lol!!!! Oh, that's right not much blooming here other than the bulbs.
What's so amazing is that all we have and that all we are, including our little blue planet all came from star dust millions of years ago. Isn't life grand!!!!

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

DH is headed to Montana in May to help a friend there. I am truly hoping he finds a nice little 20 acre parcel near by. They are good hardworking people. You help them, they help you and share most everything. Your picture put me in mind of that.

ok here we go with what happen yesterday

pic 1 is of the raised beds from last fall
pic 2 is what the guys did in my huge garden now i have pathways & Room to plant more .
for there is a few less plants but they may show up some day in another spot.
pic 3 load of soil i got today from my neighbor for a few plants :)
pic 4 my 1st dutch iris in bloom

well its that time to go put daddy to bed will be back in the morning .
GN ALL

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

What beautiful soil! I could use a few dozen loads of that on this yellow clay.

I emailed Pat so hopefully she will receive it. Thank you Susie.
Alana

your all welcome love a great deal don't you all daddy is tucked in for the night my body tells me it is time for me to put my feet up so i will shut this down for the night .
again GN ALL

GM all Just wanted to let Minniesippi Know I rec'd the Joe pye & Other nice plants yesterday all planted & I will check to be sure they survived the frost this morning I had them covered so they should be fine :)

Isn't this a great way to add to the garden :) I can hardly wait till MAY :))) Already Planning my gardens :)
Yes we need to try to Mark our wish list when we rec a plant on it . if you want more of that plant you can say so.
hey i love to plant in 3's so not a problem for DUP"S :))) .

well frankie is calling for his breakfast then i have to go get daddy up. so guess i better get dressed coffee is gone :)
back later . 29* this morning
susie

Happy Friday the 13th!
Alana

Elk Horn, KY

Mailing ur box this am,susie. I'll dmail u the dc number.

Ohhhh 29 degrees yuck! Love the pics of the gardens Susie.....

I had forgotten in a swap during the winter I got a great gift certificate for dahlias and I got them in the mail today! DH actually called and told me, so I may change my mind about ordering more, have to wait until I get home to decide....so excited it is like Christmas....wish I could see them! NOW! rofl Dang it is a long time until I get home!

Kathy that border has to be amazing, I can't even imagine 45ftX100ft. Love pictures but in person they have to be breath taking..... You were talking about people loving gardening as much as you. Well if wasn't for all of you, my "in person" friends, including the master gardeners, would probably have me bound and gagged! I don't have an "in person" friend who loves gardening and flowers as much as me and all of you.....guessing that is why we all flock together...rofl. We are just a bunch of flower duckies!

Had to go for my PT POKE this Morning so i stopped around to pats & I Just cannot get over all the bulbs she has.
HERE IS MY KITCHEN TABLE THIS MORNING
THE RED STONE IS FOR A FRIEND i'M WORKING ON & THE LITTLE STONE IS ONE MY LITTLE3YR OLD NIECE PAINTED FOR ME THE OTHER DAY WHILE SHE WAS HERE :)
THEN BULBS ARE MY MESS . SO OFF TO GET MY DAY GOING BACK SOON .
SUSIE

Thumbnail by deejay9

I agree Happgarden. No one here (in my neighborhood) is as nutso as I am. Or at least none that I have met. They have garden tours but to be honest I am afraid to go for fear I will feel so depressed about their lovely gardens. Dumb I guess. My little garden is for me. No one else hardly sees it as the bulk is in the back yard surrounded by 6' fence. My own little world. The front is on a closed cul de sac so just my immediate neighbors see it and the occasional dog walker. So you all are my gardener fix and friends. I have learned so much here and it has expanded things that I have tried and gotten a lot of good laughs as well as learning about people's lives just like mine. Friends.

This message was edited Apr 13, 2012 7:30 AM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Same here. I finally found a local gardening buddy about a year ago who is as fanatical as I sometimes am ... but she's remarrying and moving away next week. Imagine that! :-D))) Well, good for her ... bad for me. So maybe someone else will come along. Not easy to find true fanatics though. At least those who are willing to rose rustle, knock on someone's door and ask for a cutting of a plant in their yard, hop out of the car at a moment's notice to check out (and probably dig up) something blooming in a field, and so forth.

Sigh!

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

My sister is in Clarksville...you should run into her :) She rents so she cant plant and lives vicariously through her friend across the street.

Susie - you shouldnt need to cover the Joe - its really hardy. And my bleeding hearts have made it through the 26° nights here with no issues and are BLOOMING away!!

Hope the other boxes (side trades) have made it...

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Well, where is your sister, minne ... as I recall somewhere off Madison St.? Or? She might get a kick out of the fact that I'm growing your Joe Pye Weed in my backyard. ^_^

WWKathy, my box just arrived. Thank you! I didn't even get signed up for this month but still got two boxes from side trades. lol. :-D

Kathy sent:
Daucus caryota
'Becky' Shasta daisy
Flax
'Blue Fortune' Agastache
'Rocky Mtn. Blue' Penstemon

Yay!

I am getting together some things for you as well. :)

Minne, thank you for my box! It came yesterday. I did planted the Joe Pye. The sedum and bh I put in a pot. I was worried that it was too cold to transplant. Susie, let me know how yours turn out. I transplanted some rudbeckia. It's not taking the frost too well. The JP looked like it had very strong roots. I cannot wait to see how tall it grows.

Kathy, I love the lessons on flowers. I share the love for gardening and the joy of sharing my garden. Nothing makes me happier than to hear someone compliment my gardens. You have beautiful gardens and thanks for sharing pictures.

Susie, you have a humungous garden space! Keep us posted with the changes. Is that plain dirt or compost? I sent Pat an email. I haven't heard anything yet nut I'm sure she has her work cut our for her with 3000 tubers. Wow! I cannot wait to get those Dahlias.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Any of you feel free to educate me at any time! I have so much to learn. The jury's out which makes me smile the most.....seeing plants in my gardens someone has shared with me or seeing ones in other's gardens I've been able to share with them!

Thanks for the beautiful pics, Kathy. Sure wish I had a really big spread like yours. My full sun bed, about 220' long X 8-15' wide depending on where the curves are, pales in comparison. You'd think with so much grass I could sneak in another bed or two, and do have plans to make a couple more to help camo our ugly telephone poles and guide wires. Those areas are a pain in the patootie to mow anyway and hubby is happy to accommodate. Now the trick is how far around them he's willing to give up turf...lol

Same here, other than you all, my one true gardening friend lives about 12 miles away. We spent the majority of yesterday afternoon at her house and were joined by our zany ex-mail lady. She brought us fresh eggs from her farm. It was her B-day too, and was so great seeing her again. Last time all three of us were together was in February. It's one of the first times none of us exchanged plants, but we were content sitting in the Sun eating pizza and laughing a mile a minute.

Lady Banks Rose, a gift for my B-day last year, is really starting to strut her stuff and is loaded with blooms. She's well over 6' tall now, reaching for the Sky and needs to be trained again on the arbor.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

I got a box today too!!!!! Sure was not expecting it,, it was from Stephanie!! Thank you so much and I am almost sure I asked for this??? lol So much going on with my move that I am lost!! I swear I told everyone not to send anything to me,,, but really am not sure?

Susie,, I still have your plants,, so sorry not to have mailed, I will get them on Monday I swear!! They are very healthy looking too!!!

not to worry kriss It is given me time to get my gardens revamped :) I just got into the house a bit ago been out in the gardens going to rain this weekend they say so that is great .
Susan I'm with you I Just love to walk out into the gardens to see what others have shared with me this is a great time for sharing so then you may still see blooms by fall :) on many of the plants .
Oh when you take cutting from Lady Banks Rose & Get them rooted put me on the list for one ok :) ??? That is beautiful .

well it is time for me to wash up & Lay back will be back for coffee with ya stay safe

Fruity, is that a clematis? It's beautiful!

Fruity I just love the Lady banks too. It will be transplanted to the new place and will adorn my bedroom porch.. I will think of Jax every time it blooms,, well actually every time I sit on the porch!!

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

th LADY is showing off taday............

Thumbnail by jsxtiger

..........oops! wrong pics.......those are new dtrs.......here is the mudder..............

Thumbnail by jsxtiger

duh!

Thumbnail by jsxtiger
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Diamond Girl, Lady Banks is an old-fashioned thornless climbing Rose. This is a bookmark I saved from last year:
http://www.monrovia.com/plant-catalog/plants/2456/yellow-lady-banks-rose.php

Are ya'll saying if I clip branches, they'll root? My Mother grew the most beautiful roses in her side garden when I was growing up, not one was a climber. I've never tried to propagate one either. Is it OK to take cuttings while she's blooming? Tell me more. I told ya'll I need educating :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.