CLOSED: DJ'S " APRIL " PERENNIAL SWAP SIGN UP

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Is anyone else getting rain? We have had it for the past two days. Today there's a 50% chance of rain. ^^^^^

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

We've had rain almost every day this week :D

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Not much here but possible tonight . sorry for being MIA Just home to lay down for a couple hours then back to the hospital with daddy
will give up-date later when i can think better .Its going to be a long week have to call in Hospis will try to et back on tomorrow after We get him home .
don't have time to check all my forums so if anyone ask I will be back as soon as i can GOOD NITE All.

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

NO RAIN HERE!!!!!! Please send. Weather at noon said we are in severe drought with part of the state in extreme drought.

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Datura meteloides aka Datura inoxia is a short lived perennial for me. I love it's prostrate habit and it smells wonderful but it can take over in good years although not to the point I would eliminate it. Once in a while it does not return and I have to start over.
I've tried several species but this year aside from D. inoxia I only grew D. metel. I am especially fond of the white and yellow picotee and white and yellow bicolor, but the pure white semi double seems to have the most pronounced fragrance.
I took these at daybreak, hence the dark hues.
1. Datura inoxia
2. Datura metel Ballerina White
3. Datura metel Semi double white
4. Datura metel Yellow Double Picotee
5. Datura metel Yellow Triple Bicolor

Thumbnail by poisondartfrog Thumbnail by poisondartfrog Thumbnail by poisondartfrog Thumbnail by poisondartfrog Thumbnail by poisondartfrog

WOULD LOVE TO TRY A FEW SEED NEXT YEAR :)

Poisondartfrog, I would love to try the triple yellow if you offer seeds.

I would love to try any of the colored ones if you have enough.

I will make seeds available when I collect them to whoever wants them. I don't want to jinx them by pre-offering. Every time I do that it seems like a catastrophe happens and I end up unable to collect any of whatever it is I have offered, lol.

Here's some Datura seeds for sale

http://www.onalee.com

I'm looking for the strain of D. inoxia that has the lavender edge if anyone has any or knows a source.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I can send my white fragrant Datura seeds to anyone who wants to D-mail me their address. Just put "Datura Seeds" in the subject line!

CheerMom, thanks for your offer. I have never seen the spreading datura. I share some of my seeds with the parks and rec greenhouse. If they use the seeds then I get some of the plants. They tend to use unusual plantsthat we cannot find around here.

I also have the fragrent white spreading datura. I planted the Moonflower vine this year. The vine has gone all the way up the pole, but I have yet see any flowers. The vine is suppose to be even more fragrent than the upright plant.

Crit, did you start your plants from seed?

Yes

Has anyone herad from Susie?

Cirt, did you have to do anything special to get your plants started from seed?

The vine you have to soak the seed and nick it, but the spreading plant nothing special

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

She posted on other posts over the weekend, but I dont think so since yesterday.

I HERE ANITA CALL ME SOME TIME :)
Crit Not sure if you saw the aug post but you can send My box any time now things have slowed down here & Now i have plenty of time to play in the gardens & try to get caught back up on them :).
I'm going to plant some carnation seeds tomorrow I hope .
Need advice : would it be wise to plant them in Planters or right into the ground ????

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Susie - I will get the Heuchera..Huechera...coral bells to you that we talked about too. :) I was waiting until things slowed down for you. :)

OOH Minn guess i forgot :) sorry if i owe anything please refresh my memory please . off to the great outdoors :)

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

nope - dont owe me a thing :) It will be this weekend before i can get out there and dig.

ok ty but if i have something on my list you would like please ask .
susie

Susie, are there sme carnations that are annual and perennial? If annual I would say plant them in a flower pot.

I'm not sure what these are for i ordered them last spring & didn't get them planted I still have them so guess i will have to look them up .

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.