CLOSED: DJ'S " APRIL " PERENNIAL SWAP SIGN UP

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Does anyone have Yellow Foxtail Grass or Ruby Wedding Masterwort? If so you could look at my list (mums and asters "Mary Stoker" are gone) as most everything is out from snow. Just two corners, well, three corners still under snow?? lol. I keep shoveling.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Kathy your box is on the way..... I didn't have many of the plants you like so I hope what I sent will work.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Anita, it went out yesterday, you should have it by Friday.
Hope you have a good trip!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Sorry I can't help you with those, Mary. Geez girl, when will you ever thaw out?

Wow Anita, have a fabulous time! Tell us all about it when you get back.....or not. lol

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

LoL it should be an interesting trip.

Thanks Linda I will be looking for it.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Yeah !!!! A box of goodies on the way, I'll keep an eye out for it, thanks! Wow, spent the last 3 days weeding the main border and not even done yet, whew! Think I'm ready for bed, lol. 'Spose to rain for a couple of days, I'm ready.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Here's a funny true story. A friend of mine won a long week-end trip for two to Vegas last year (one of those deals to tour a timeshare property) and took her sister. The last night they were there, just getting ready for bed around 10 o'clock, my girlfriend was doing some last minute packing and did a double-take when she noticed their return flight was at 12:30.......AM, not the next PM as they both had thought. That really sent them into a frenzy packing their bags, checking out of the Luxor, and a hurried cab ride to the airport where they arrived with only a few minutes to spare!

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Oh my, that sounds like something I would do!!!!!!

My goodness! That would send me into a frenzy! I have had my bags packed for two weeks. I'm still packing and unpacking. LoL

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I start out in advance but seem to end up behind....how does that happen....?

Linda, your box came yesterday! That shipping was super fast. You mailed out on Wednesday, right? I will have to pick the box up from he PO today. Hopefully I can post pictures in the morning.

I mailed it out Tuesday, so glad it is there! Hope everything made it OK?

I'm sure everything will be fine. My mailman always delivers at 1:30 but yesterday he didn't so I missed him. I'll be at the post office today with bells on!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Got a box on it's way home from the post office, yipeeee. Will let you know later, off to pick up the kids after school.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Ladies who I sent Bleeding heart to, I hope they do as well for you as they do me. :)

This message was edited Apr 28, 2012 6:06 PM

Thumbnail by minnesippi Thumbnail by minnesippi

Anita, did you get your box?

Yes Ms Linda I got my box last night. Thank you thank you thank you! You seem to know the types of plants I love. I got 4 diiferent varities if sedum, a gerbera and african daisy and a bromliad. Love them all but the purple sedum has to be my favorite already.

This message was edited Apr 28, 2012 2:47 PM

Thumbnail by diamond9192002

Very nice gathering of plants, LK. Love the one in the front that looks like little beans. Anita, how much of your plant budget have you blown in Vegas so far 0:) It's been so long since I gambled it was with a one-arm bandit playing quarters in Reno, eons ago.

Kathy, pics are of the Penstemon smallii Beardtongue 'Violet Dusk' and Phlox paniculata 'Minnie Pearl' that were included in your April box. Both these are blooming here now.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

OH HOW LUCKY Fruity

HAS EVERY6ONE RECEIVED THEIR APRIL BOXES ???? I WOULD LIKE TO CLOSE THIS ONE SO WE CAN START
OUR MAY SWAP . PLEASE LMK IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR BOX .

I WILL CLOSE THIS TOMORROW MAY 1ST

Fruity, the in Anita's picture up front is a burros tail.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1255544/

Ladies, there is a new swap open, Red white and blue, come and check it out!

Thanks, LK. Seems like I used to have one of those.

Susie, I'm good and have sent and received from the April girls, you Kathy, and Judy.

Talking to Kris on the phone, and she says if you have anything to mail, please mail it to... Until she gets her address fixed. If your sending plants, please mark the box "live plants"!

Kris Shotts
C/O Domino's Pizza
855 Market place
Alexander City, Alabama

She is working hard getting things organized and built, and say's hey to everyone!

This message was edited May 3, 2012 9:05 PM

Last month, I mailed the plants I had earmarked for Kris had she been able to attend our June RU. Mailed and received in the nick of time before her move.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I have LOV to send her but wont get to it for a bit (and for you others I was going to send to). I have pneumonia :( and am down for the count...

You need to be in bed, getting lots of rest! Hope your feeling better soon!

Take care minni. Pneumonia in the summertime is the worst! Rest, rest, rest but don't lie flat too long or the fluids will settle.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

yah Crit, I cant. :( Im having a garage sale this weekend (yesterday through tomorrow). Thankfully mom is here to help me out.
Never had it before...never want it again!

I'm Going to mark this as closed but there is still one more to receive a box & it will arrive soon :)
come on over here & chat with us .

Minn Get well & Good luck with your sale I'm planning one also .
MAY SWAP
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1255653/#new

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Today I received my box from jsxtiger. A commercial box from Michigan Bulb held a package of 3 assorted Tricyrtis as well as Oenothera missouriensis, Aeonium 'Kiwi' and a Metasequoia. An over zealous lawn helper killed my Metasequoia a few years ago, so now I can replace it.
Thank you very much, JSX! I will get these planted tomorrow.
Alana

Thumbnail by poisondartfrog
Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Great box Alana!!!! Hope that tree grows fast for you...

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

poisondartfrog, i wholeheartedly apologiz for the box's lateness, please forgive an overworked, unpaid ol lady!

HEHE Jsx That sounds Like Me Now we can all relate to that :) this poor ole lady has her feet in some Dish water Bath :) hehe an old friend told me that for years she soaks her feet in DAWN Dish soap with a dash of bleach & its taken the stinging out of my feet so i hope it works has anyone else tried it ????

great box from everyone thank you all .
susie

Try Epsom salt Susie!
Thanks for the great swap!

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

I wanted to share this photo of a plant jsxtiger sent to me for this swap. "Purple People Eater" Datura has the largest bloom I have ever had on Datura metel, rivaling the size of Brugmansia. The bloom is 8-10 inches tall.
Here she is:

Thumbnail by poisondartfrog

Oh how pretty Hope you can get some seeds from it :) I planted datura seeds & Nothing has grew .but always willing to try again :)
ty for sharing

I planted some Datura Devils trumpet last year that were purple like that. They were sure pretty. Had a double yellow too but got no babies from them this spring. I have some seed pods, but don't knoe if they are viable. Need to check my stash and see if I have anymore.

(Judy) Simpsonville, SC(Zone 8a)

Wow I have some white datura from seeds passed down many years from a plant my mother got from a friend in Florida, sentimental but a plain white variety. If anyone ever has my name in a swap this fall or spring and can get their hands in those purple datura seeds you know what you can send me.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Hey Deejay...I have seed from Dautra metaloides which is a white variety, gets to 4', flowers are fragrant and will reseed in the garden if allowed. Wasn't sure they were going to do anything this year with as dry as it had been, but could include a baby for you. They are only an annual but like I say they can reseed if allowed. Also on the trade I owe you, one of the special plants I had dug and potted, has now sprouted and sending up leaves (Crambe cordifolia), got to get into the mail soon tho as the leaves will get HUGE!!!!! Now I know it's alive and will survive for you I will be working on that box along with 2? others, Geez, I sure hope I get caught up or my name will end up as mud.....Gosh maybe I should allow you to, that would probably mean I got Rain!!! LOL.....

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

sounds great kathy I'll be here just waiten for cooler weather so i can get them right into the ground :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.