What is happening in your neck of the woods???

stony mountain, MB(Zone 3a)

hi all, feeling better about the dog, i was so worried about it 'being the right time'.
although his good moments were still good, i think his bad were worse. and i think he was beginning to hurt. so it was time to say goodbye.
on a happy note...the sun is shining, high should reach 13 today, and my back doesn't hurt toooo much. going to seed some herbs today.
cheers L

Victoria Harbour, ON

Heart goes out to all of you who have aging furries, I'm at that point as well, Sailorgirl not doing the best, gasps for air from time to time, can see how tired she is by her eyes, then I think if you looked in my eyes and saw the pain and tiredness, should I be put down?? So until she can't get up or I see her in pain I'll have her laying by my bedside..she sure knows how to move when the treat box co DS out. Lol

"m" lucky couple..I'm sure they will have lots/lots of honeymoons..

Heavy frost this morning but weatherman says we are in for nice weather for Easter long weekend..

Have the family coming Saturday..wondering with this day of fast foods if it would be terribly wrong of me to order in Chinese..seems I am just not up to it..thing is. If I do that then I'll feel not the best of mom/grandma ..catch 22

I wanted to take a walk through the gardens just to see what is coming up but haven't done so yet..frost might have taken a few casualties.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lindy, sorry you lost your companion, wish more people would think of the dog first!

Sunday when mom and Jim came to my sister's 60 mom said Rambo had a few more attacks, Jim dropped her off and went home to sit with him..now she knows he has cancer n numerous p,aces, cancer treatment costing tens of thousands she puts her feelings ahead of Rocky's..he really should cross over the rainbow bridge..maddening!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

yes, poor Rambo is definitely in pain, and she's ignoring that for her own needs.......... that's just selfish!!

said Pooh to Piglet " if the day comes that we can't be together, keep me in your heart,
and i'll be there forever"

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Lindy - that's a great quote!

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Super quote Lindy .. I wrote it down, and hopefully will NOT misplace it !!

Had a day of IN TOWN activities planned, but, got a call at 9am saying the fella would be here at 1030 with Lorna's MULE ^_^
Sure enough, he pulled up the driveway at 1032 ..

Here are some pics .. seems like it's going to be a busy summer .. Lorna is sure going to USE this machine ..
In one pic you can see Lilly and Piper in their compound looking at the machine after a barking fit .. they sure did not like it !!!

~M~

PS .. I also included the pic of her taking her test drive at the dealership .. she was SO scared .. but .. it only goes 30MPH max ^_^

Thumbnail by MarilynneS Thumbnail by MarilynneS Thumbnail by MarilynneS
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

lol Lorna in her Mule?!?! That's so kewl!!! I'm not surprised that Lilly and Piper were upset - they saw "their" Lorna being eaten by this machine LOL

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Marilyn looks like a good ride for Lorna.... 30mph is fast enough. Wonder why the window is at the back and I guess if it only goes 30 mph it's not to keep the driver in the seat! LOL Maybe she will need some well behaved assistants in the passenger seat. Will the dogs get to ride in it?

We are expecting a big storm tonight and then will be down to -8 on the weekend for the lows. G House will be opened next week as -8 is just a bit too cold for the babies.
Will let you all know how the storm goes.
Alberta Ann

Found out this afternoon that I'm very HAPPY it doesn't go fast !! If it went any faster the BUGS would smack ya hard in the face as there is NO windsheild LoL

We were able to do some property clean up today .. lifting up the Evergreens .. lots of branches gone and the knolls they sit on are now visible .. lots of raking to do though, but that Mule will make that easier than pushing a wheelbarrow WAY to the back to dump it ..

No storms here .. sunny and cool breezes .. but .. I am thinking that we MAY get another 'icy surprize' some day.

~M~

will be watching the masters....the golf is good, but the course is beautiful !
weather here has been really nice. calling for rain on the week-end. have to remember to pick up chocolate for the kids, [kids= 23 and 25yrs.]
going to look for a lilac, would love one in the back-yard, have to find one that's super fragrant.
nite all L

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

My advice on lilacs- get one that does not sucker - pretty much all the French hybrids sucker.

Had chemo this morning, so nice that with the pre chemo pills an hour before it takes l hour off my appointment instead of having those 3 drugs IV. But I take the Ativan as it is so relaxing and was pretty wobbley by the time I finished, had to hang onto the railings when I left to go out to the car! Slept several hours when I got home! Today I got the rest of my schedule - all going smoothly my last chemo will be9 May! Of course that won`t be the end of it but at least presumably the end of the chemo and maybe my tast buds will return to normal and I can start to enjoy food again!

Finally got to see one of the world curling games this morning - they are being broadcast in real time so it is usually middle of the night! This was an afternoon game so I saw most of it. Disappointing not to see most of the games.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Carol - will be good to end This round of chemo. Hopefully you'll be able to eat "normally" again.

How's the curling going - who's winning?

I don't really like French lilacs - prefer the ones with the heart-shaped leaves. It's what I grew up with, so most familiar.
The ones I have now (about 40ft tall) are late bloomers, so everyone else's bloom, then it's my lilac's turn lol

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Snowing here!

So far as I know Canada has won all games - this morning they were 8 wins, 0 losses, don't think any other team has that record.Round robin play is finished Thursday, then playoffs start.

When I had the front yard landscaped I had to tear out some very old lilacs , I had some really old ones in back too which were removed. I asked to have two lilac put in a purple ( real 'lilac' shade) and a double white. Did n't know much about lilacs. Two years later I took out the double white as it was already suckering.12 years later the purple has stayed about 6 feet tall, neat and tidy and virtually no suckering of importance.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

lucky for you, Carol, that they aren't suckering. When our lilacs were put in (in the '60s I guess), they had a huge berm surrounded by railroad ties, next to our parking pad - no lawn next to it. Guess that's why it's not suckering outside of it. They're suckering within it however - room for several trees - one lilac at each end, and a Mock Orange in the middle. Not much else grows there because the lilacs have taken over. We're trying to prune them so they don't suck all the life out of everything else. Guess the berm is about 18 ft x 4 ft.

Victoria Harbour, ON

you've got me hankering to go out and purhase another lilac..know my old tried and true that form the secret garden is getting very woody..was told to cut them to the ground and they would do well but not ready to let the secret garden grow so my thought are to surround outer edge with new lilacs and when they grow enough to form the enclosure will do a number on the old ones

Carol, must be terrible to eat and not taste what you are eating..would give you much of an appetite! Imagine you will be jumping for joy once chemo is completely finished!

Lindy, there was a lot of todo about the Masters on the radio yesterday, believe a woman CEO wanted some part in it and was told they do not include women..not a happy camper..were suggestions that they should move the Masters to include a course that includes women

"M", what a help with ground cleaning, could you not fabricate something for windshield ?

Haven't been feeling the best of late, broke down and asked the family if they would mind if I ordered in Chinese for Saturday meal..also rather than bake all the pies I usually do, pick up ice cream cake??? seemed ok with it so I'm almost doing a happy dance..weather is co-operating, might get the boys to put gazebo top on and take out the furniture..gardens I can handle

thanks gals..i see the suckering could be a problem..more so 'cause space is limited !
i have the preston lilacs across the front, but they don't have that old lilac smell. the neighbours had a hedge of the double whites... they tore them out to widen their driveway ! made me think of the old joni mitchell song....paved paradise..
picked up the dog's ashes, they came in a ceramic urn, might come up with something else that we can put a picture, his name, and his tags on.
still looking for him when i open the door, it must take awhile for the habits to stop.
anyhoo... 16 today, 19 tomorrow, we're in a good place right now..no snow/no mosquitos
L

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Lindy

I make Memory boxes for dogs - let me know if you would like one. They are just papier mache box and I paint them and stencil decorations and dogs name on front with a picture and a poem inside. They are big enough to hold leash and collar and ashes and a small toy.I have round and square boxs and am amenable to suggestions about collar and style. Some pics attached. Let me know.

Betty I would be happy if I could eat.drink and not taste - the problem is I can taste but it all tastes off or bad!

Lindy when I had the old lilacs that suckered I used to clear the suckers out every year or two and they looked fine. but it is a bit of a job You can also have the lilacs cut down to the ground and they will grow up again

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Lindy heres a couple more pics.

Thumbnail by fancyvan Thumbnail by fancyvan

Love the 'Memory Boxes' Carol, had forgotten you made them.

According to the meterologists here bouts, today will be the BEST day of the long weekend. Was out with the dogs before 7am and there was a HEAVY frost on the ground, now it's bright sunshine, but I guess as the day wears on, and the sun becomes stronger, we'll warm up ..
Have some Easter treats to drop off for the grandkids, then I guess more yard work.

Hope that everyone has a great Easter

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Carol, love the memory boxes as well..might be a good project for me before the time comes for Sailorgirl!

"m" today and tomorrow are suppose to be gorgeous days..been waiting for it to warm up so I can get outside and do a few things..
Always nice to have a goal...want top on gazebo on, touch up of 2 patio Matt's, drain the larder pond, sit and see what I could do to incorporate the smaller one so it looks like its draining from the larger pond, that will be a chore. Lol. If I get those things accomplished I will be a happy camper..glad I bought new rubber boots when I was in buffalo last weekend, will need them.

Think we are all gung ho to get our outdoor clean up done..feel badly for you in Calgary not being able to be out in your gardens..

Have family tomorrow so not a lot will get done..Lordy, getting so lazy, went to Dairy Queen and picked up a strawberry blizzard ice cream cake, ordering n Chinese..can life get any lazier than that?

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

ah well Betty - our time will come! You've had a wonderful winter, mostly, haven't you? I remember a weatherman saying that Ontario hardly had winter......... just kept on going into Spring lol

Victoria Harbour, ON

Must go back and read posts..I'm almost sure I was doing pond Easter weekend, perhaps not, could have been mothers day...oh well glad to see it done..if nice tomorrow just might tackle the smaller pond in the am..

Victoria Harbour, ON

Happy Easter everyone...

Sunshine day in my neighborhood although we had heavy frost it is warming up.

Family here but still all sleeping...I've kept quiet up till now but Lordy day is being missed, think I'll sart cooking breakfast then they will have to get up..

Do enjoy your day

HAPPY EASTER everyone !!!

Blustery and cool here, but sunny ... turkey dinner is on the make and soon the house will be uncommonly noisy and full, but, enjoyable (not for the dogs and cat though).

Enjoy your day everyone

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Happy Easter to Everyone.

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Happy Easter to you all!

Have been spending this weekend getting my G house up and running in a test to see if the 0 Temps next week will work for my seedlings and started plants to go out there. It's a much better environment if they don't freeze! With my heated seed mats I can keep them happy with an overnite low of about -3 to -5 but after that its pushing it.

Here is a photo of my Bamfield trip. View from the cafeteria.
Alberta Ann

Thumbnail by annabell52
Victoria Harbour, ON

Beautiful!!

Bet the colors are overwhelming come summer..

Bet you spend a lot of time in the greenhouse, lots of work though..anxious to see photo's

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Ann - Bamfield - Where's that?

Well, Easter celebrations are over for another year.
Picked up my friend at 6:10 am and went to the Easter Sunrise Service at 6:30. Afterwards dropped her off and picked up DH and we went to a free breakfast they put on for the 3 churches that attended the Service. Bacon, ham, scrambled eggs, pancakes, OJ, coffee/tea, 4 kinds of fresh fruit. Delish!!
At 10:00 went for choir practice for the service at our Church at 10:30.
Afterwards took another friend and went grocery shopping at WM, then get gas for the car.
Now I have a Pork Loin roast in the slow cooker - guess we're eating at 7:30 pm LOL It's just Bob & I for dinner, but will have leftovers - 4 lbs of pork loin will do for awhile LOL

All this on 1/2 hour sleep last night LOL

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

We had not only Easter but the TENTH birthday of my grandtwins. Where does the time go? Seems like yesterday they were born.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

wow - 10 yrs old........... makes us older too, eh?!?! lol

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all..dull and cool day ahead..wish I was one of the ones off today, Easter Monday as I would still enjoy!! Great day to fly a kite, high winds...

Exciting day for the twins ViolaAnn! Had my boys here, officially the shortest one in the family..hard to believe they are almost men..13/14/15/16. They grow up far too quickly.

Best I get a move on, gab later
Do enjoy your day!

My grandson has his 11th birthday on April 10th, his sister is going to be 14 in July and starts HIGH SCHOOL in the fall !!! No wonder I have a creaky hip LoL

Starting to take after Betty in the headache dept .. I seldom get headaches, but have had one for almost 14 hours. However .. I have been doing MEGA yard work .. and raking pine needles which has made my shoulders and neck tight, ergo .. a headache .. hoping the last 2 tylenol will do the trick ..

Another cool/sunny day here .. may head into the city for some grocery shopping .... or .. not ^_^

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

"M" next time you are across the border pick up Excedrin Migraine..when I would get my headaches I would have to be given a needle in order to find relief..24 hours sleep and headache was gone..excedrin when you take it you can actually feel the headache lift..

my last headaches were due to high blood pressure so I did not want to mix meds so just suffered...

Hope you find relief ..

Why are we so hard on ourselves..lol

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us over to here...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1251358/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.