What is happening in your neck of the woods???

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

oh Carol - so nice to see Spring "peeping up" - one of those 'when least expected' kinda things!!
Thank you for this - it gives me hope that my garden is waking up, too!!

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

We've wakened to about 2 inches of snow ... Now .. I know it won;t last, and the dogs are SO HAPPY to be able to roll in it again, but, it sure looks crummy !!

TGIF everyone

^_^

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, sunshine here in my neck of the woods, but they are calling for snow tonight..glad I'm shuffling off to Buffalo!

Isn't it exciting seeng blooms..must take walk around the gardens and see if I've any..

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I AM OVER THE MOON WITH GOOD NEWS ABOUT MY SISTER!!!
My Sister went to the oncologist today, and what they thought was cancer Isn't! He said she has No Cancer!. She'd been treated for cancer for 16 years and has had 3 lung surgeries to remove cancerous lumps. Then, when she thought it was pretty much treated, they found something growing and said "your cancer is back and growing". Well, guess what? It started to shrink and cancer Doesn't shrink without treatment (and she wasn't on treatment) so it's an infection or inflammation and they're sending her to a respiratory Dr to see what it is. Praise The Lord!!!

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Susan what super news!! and what a relief.
Alberta Ann

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thank you, Ann!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Great news Susan!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

What wonderful news, Susan.

Now THAT is the BEST kind of news to hear ^_^

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thank you, all
Yes, it surely is the Best News I've heard for quite awhile from my family :-)

stony mountain, MB(Zone 3a)

hi girls....good to hear about your sister
it sure has cooled off here...and we've been getting rain/sleet.
been a rough week....had to say good-by to my dog. just a word for him...

1997-2012

and when my days are done
i pray god will let me see
heavens gates opening
and my dog waiting there for me

Thumbnail by lindypuddin
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

oh Lindy - how sad for you - well, he was a cute little Scottie and those are such adorable breeds.
I'm positive he'll be there for you - after all, Heaven is a place we will feel at peace and what better way to feel at peace than to have the ones we love surrounding us?!
15 years was a good long life - bless you for looking after him while he was on earth.

This message was edited Mar 30, 2012 7:20 PM

thanks susan xoxo
i'd like to think it was i that was blessed for having him with us

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I am sorry to hear of your loss Lindy - I have 2 15 year olds and know the day may soon come when I have to let them go.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

It is difficult to have to make the final decision - it's a brave one to make, but one that benefits your furry

thanks to hubby for stepping up....weds. evening i just said 'call the vet' and 15 minutes later.....they were gone. didn't have to count down the clock...but daughter-in-law thought i was having a heart-attack. omg what a scene ! got myself so worked up, thats me though....i'm the one that falls on the floor wailing... and then i'm ok. took this FAR worse than when my father passed, i guess i'm in the same club as bob barker and betty white !!! our vet is great, he had a shot to knock him out before he got the lethal shot. we'll have his ashes next week.
thanks everyone L

HUGE HUGS Lindy ... such a trying time for all of you .. but really, 'time is the healer' .. as for 'losing it' .. I have certainly 'been there, done that' .. I had to drive down our country road to a small trail off to the side as I couldn't watch hubby and our son take our 17yr old Elkhound on his last trip to the vet .. I bawled like a baby !!
Your boy lived a good long life, cherish the GREAT memories ....

Sincere condolences

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I went for my interview at "My Sewing Room" and it went well - just that they want to pay me 1/2 of what my last jobs were. They mentioned that, and the fact they think this is "a step down" for me.
Oh Well, I'll think about it, in the meantime, Bob is going there for a Shipper/Receiver position! They'll pay him what he's used to getting, so that's a PLUS! I hope he gets the job!!

M. thanks it's getting easier each day...
susan, best of luck to both of you ! sometimes wage can be made up in other ways, maybe you'd be happy there....tough call.
it's a great day here....i think i saw some delphinium poking up !
L

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Bob couldn't do the job - not a fit. They require much much more computer skills than he has.
The job I went about - ...... Not sure I could survive on 1/2 pay......... They really don't have any benefits (other than my working at a Quilting Shop!!!) so the wage wouldn't be made up that way........

s. yea that is a big drop, sometimes a little less doesn't make much difference, but 1/2 is way too much.
hope all works out
L

So Susan, your search goes on, as does Bobs, all I can say is I'm rooting for you, I always tend to think that summer brings along with it, more available jobs .. fingers crossed for both of you.

Our snow is almost all gone .. kind of foggy outside right now .. supposedly more rain on the way .. bring it on, the wells need it.

The Lotto Max winner here in TBay (or group) has yet to reveal themselves .. they have gone through the verifying procedure though, and we all pretty much know which lottery store sold the ticket (the owner there gets $50,000.) kind of exciting still :-)

Have a great APRIL FOOLS DAY .. I forgot til just now .. no tircks from me .. have a Scrabble game awaiting ..

TTFN

~M~

^_^

watching the weather channel with pics fr. across the country... said manitoba should be the hot spot today....well it's 12 and sure isn't 19 degrees out....actually overcast and there's a cool wind. had some robins in the front yard...so i turned some soil for them, we'll see if they notice !
been getting lots of calls and visits about the dog....neighbours past who knew him well,
it's been nice to hear how they remember what a kind and gentle with kids dog he was.
tomatos are doing good..showing true leaves now... the plants are coming up in the beds.. i see the alpine columbines, delphinium, peonies, daylilys are showing green shoots.
susan stay positive, geo. left his job after 32 yrs. and found one that is so much better.
things seem to always work out.
L

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Going to Fancyvan's to hang out with some great gardening buds

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Enjoy yourselves, Joanne and Carol :-)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

My Bailey has had a tough day - I think maybe he had another seizure last night. He has slept outside all day except for occasionally changing position, wont eat, I just brought him into the house and he is not weight bearing on one front leg ( that is 'new') not looking good. Maybe take him to the vet tomorrow - see how things go tonight.

An annual April Fools garden group get together this afternoon - lots of good food although I personally cant eat it- everything tastes bad and I had to ask everybody to take their left overs home! Dishes all got washed and extra chairs put away -nothing for me to do except take a nap!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

ah yes, the Foolies group - I'd forgotten you belonged to that! Somewhere on my system I have the Poem that was made for it lol
so sorry you weren't able to enjoy the food, Carol.
Hope Bailey just stepped on a thorn or something fixable!

the weather changed... it did reach 18.
carol, hope bailey is ok..
good nite all
L

Carol .. good to hear 'the group' got together .. I can imagine it was fun.
So sorry to hear about Bailey .. I wish you all the best re the vet today.

TBay got to about 12C ysterday .. right now the furnace is coming on as it's a cool damp day .. rain in forecast sporadically up until Wednesday.
A couple of Robins are just singing their hearts out in the back .. as are some very noisy Crows !! They all have nests on the make around the property.
I have a fascination with Crows and Ravens ever since I watched a documentary on them a few years back .. these birds are quite intelligent.

Making arrangements today sometime to have a wisdom tooth extracted :-(
Have put it off long enough .. I am not afraid to say I am terrified!!! But, this putting it off is not helping .. best I 'buck up'!!

Hope everyone has a great week ^_^

~M~

morning, rain for us again today, if this is going to be like last year i'm glad we're at the top of the hill ! the folks on the low part had lots of problems, we saw at one house folks pulling out a dead spruce...the hole was full of water. that's the problem when you live on a 'flood plain', a thick clay base that doesn't absorb water well. some call it 'manitoba gumbo'. a new development went in with lots costing 70k. there were bullrushes in the ditches in front.. hello!!!
m. i think i saw the same show, but i'll share with you.... i threw a hamburger bun out to a crow..the bun broke into 2 pieces, mr. crow hopped from one to the other, then picked up one side, hopped over, stacked the two, then picked up both and flew away !!! they've adapted so well, alot don't even migrate anymore.
going through my annual seeds, friends all love the plug trays of petunias, i'll be starting them around the 3rd week of this month, each tray hold 72, so what a huge cost saver.
with only a cost of maybe 2 $. a new one for this year will be Hurrah mix 8-10 inch.
cheers L

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all, from the looks of it with beams of light filtering through mall roof, it's a sunshine day out there..yikes, did we have a frost..how do those poor tender plants survive??

Coming home from Buffalo yesterday afternoon there was quite a downpour and talk about hail, could barely see the road, didn't last but 10 or 15 minutes thankfully. Didn't buy much, overdid my allowable though, told the border agent the amount because I and Ann were both prepared to pay duty but he said 'have a nice day'..shouldn't be a problem come June 1st. with the amounts going from $50 on a 24hr stay to $200 and on a 48 hr. stay (which I usually do) $800..
Did see a nice gazebo for $299 and a t.v. cabinet for $249..all I need now is to buy a truck or talk one of my boys to going over with me..lol

Stopped in Barrie, celebrated my sister Sharon's 60th birthday with family..thank goodness for special birthdays as we rarely get together..seems when dad passed on and we became parents as well, there went the regular gatherings.

Ohhh Carol, sure hope pooch is feeling better today! How did your gathering go with the April Fools gang???

Susan, just know there are jobs out there for both of you...just have to be patient..easy to say when bill collectors aren't.

"M" sure hope it's a group and they all get to share in the wealth..we had a group in Penetang that won the big lotto as well, each got I think 1.6 million..was really exciting for our community.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Anyone know whether all of your stay has to be after June 1? I'm gonna order some dishes to Rochester while I'm down there for the International Viola Congress. But I'm heading down there on May 29. Actually, I'm probably there long enough IN June anyway.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'm sure you will be fine ..are they a specific pattern?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

In addition to food a couple of the Fools brought flowers! Nice to have just now!

Bailey is feeling better today, we went to the vet mainly just to chat but after he examined him he thinks it is a heart problem not a seizure but in any case either way there would be underlying disease and I chose not to do further testing or treatment. And the vet agrees. If he was a young dog it would be different but he is 15 and almost completely deaf and I dont think his mind is so clear anymore and really that is considered end game for shelties.
The only thing the vet said was if some time he does not respond when I stimulate him to wake even if his heart is still beating and he is still breathing if he does not respond then it is time to help him on his way.
And I am OK with that. He is my first dog, with me since he was 18 months old but I think his time here is almost finished and I will not let him suffer.

Thumbnail by fancyvan

c. sorry to hear what you're going through.
L

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Lindy sorry to hear about your dear 4 legged kid, it is tough but you did the right thing by him not letting him suffer.
Carol I don't envy you with Bailey, been there done that! He has been a wonderful family member for you. You too are doing right by him.

Peace be with you both.
Alberta Ann

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Carol - Bailey is a dear old friend, and you'd be doing well by him regardless of yours and the vet's decision - good for you.
Lovely hydrangeas!

Gotta love life and the 'tough decisions' we have to make .. but .. the decisions surrounding the alleviating of pain and discomfort in one of our fur children, be they tough ones, are good ones .. and ones that down the road we feel better about.

I have my days and nights mixed up once again ... went to bed and started to watch a program around 8pm .. fell asleep and wakened at 1pm and now am WIDE awake !!
I would start baking, but don't want to clang pans etc ..

Looks as though it's raining out .. I have noticed the grass 'popping' around the city .. that shade of green is a welcome change from the white snow.

The $50 million winners are a couple in their mid 50s. They were in Toronto yesterday to pick up their winnings. When interviewed on TV last evening, they said they were still in a state of shock, but, that since they had NEVER had a honeymoon, and their anniversary is April 22, they were going to rectify that :-)

Think Scrabble may be on the menu for me ..

TTFN

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hey M - since when are U up at this time of night......... well, falling asleep at 8pm and being wide awake now is understandable.......
Wow - $50M! boy........ do you happen to know them? They could help alot LOL

Susan .. I guess the adage 'early to bed, early to rise' rings true to me LoL
Altho, I did manage to go back to bed .. but .. seems to me THAT is when I have the most vivid dreams ever !! Last night (morning) it was about a Polar Bear in the back yard .. gawd !!!

Betty .. glad you made your way through the hail storm .. awesome family pic too ^_^
Re the border, went across last week to buy a lottery ticket and gas, no purchases .. seems the Canadian side on the way back was more interested in us as we had NO purchases ..

Sun is out for now, looks to be a nice day .. fingers crossed on that ..

^_^

~M~

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.