What's Happening in your neck of the woods...

Victoria Harbour, ON

Susan, make a coupon book (you are good with computer and designing) and add such things as 'good for meal of choice' 'backrub' 'one free pass when you should be using a 2x4' lol
'stay in bed as long as you like' just various things he would enjoy..believe me, I'd like that type of gift!!!

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

M sorry to hear about your Auntie......
Carol it's nice to have a week off will get you back up to speed.

If anyone is interested here is Jennifer's website
www.jmackfineart.com
There are a few different spots on there with old new and prints so you have to look around a bit. I have two small prints from her and they were only $14.00 each then I had them framed together. I can take a photo at home and show you all.

It's snowing here again and of course my Cannas are starting to grow. I have two sets of seeds in some moist conditions to see if they will germinate then I will be planting them. The eucalyptus takes so long to grow to any size I have to start it early.

Carol do you have some begonia's started?
Alberta Ann

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

No Ann I did not get any begonias this year - and I forgot to b ring in the ones I had last year - they are sitting in a pot in the shed!

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Carol
Yikes they won't have made this winter I don't think, they are so darn tender. I have some that I saved from last year and then Lynn got some for me to start and then I found some at Costco so now i have a few.
It was really funny in a couple of the fancy ones that Lynn got, there were some petals, like off Lilies that were sprouting so I've planted them up just to see what the heck they are. It's like they have small plants starting.
I think I am ahead of myself as I have some coming from Botanus as well. Oops!
If you would like a Wyoming Canna I could bring you one at the End of April as I will be coming to Calgary for the weekend. They do get huge.
Alberta Ann

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Alberta Ann, it'll be interesting if those petals 'take' and produce something :-)

Susan .. Happy BDay to Bob .. did you do a coupn book ? I think I might do that down the road some ..

Have been busy with physio (OW :-( ) and, Lorna's right knee is acting up .. getting painful to walk on, and, can't get in to see the doc until March 26th. Due to her compromised immune system, she is really hesitant to go and sit in emerg or a walk in clinic .. so .. ice and rest .. grrrrrrr .. feel bad for her.

Took the dogs for grooming today .. always look so nice when we pick'em up .. walk outside and they roll in the first available pile of snow LoL

Best get a bustle on

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Happy Bithday Bob..am sure just habpving Susan around is gift enough!!

Sorry to heat "M" that Lorna is having problems...I also would wait for spot and not go to emerge..so many virus's going around, besides she has you and you have a wealth of medical knowledge..

Terrible headache, think its changes in the weather..bingo night, will have a nap until Ann comes over..what a nuisance!

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Betty is that the same headache from before? Change in weather always makes a bump on mine too.
Happy Birthday Bob!
M, I'm sorry to hear Lorna has to wait, not nice when things are hurting.
Alberta Ann

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Told Bob Happy Birthday from y'all

Awoke to a beautiful sunny day .. was amazed, as before bedtime there was a FLASH FREEZE warning in place and a risk of snow/rain .. I'll take the sun ^_^

Not much happening here .. watching the snow melt and keeping appts seem to be the order of the day.

My Aunt who passed away a few weeks ago is being joined by her sister in law on her husbands side, she died last evening. Theresa was like a second Mom to my Aunts 4 children when my Aunt's hubby died at a young age .. and so it goes .........
My elderly Aunt, in hosp with confusion and pneumonia, is doing well .. visited here for a couple of hours yesterday and she was right ON. I take it her confusion deepenss as the night rolls in.

Off to a dental hygienist appt for Lorna .. course, as always, a few stops along the way .. whoever said retirement was a time for slowing down was most certainly mistaken !!!

Take care

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

headache high blood pressure issues i think..210/95
working from hom today..dr's appt at 2:00, know all his 16 pages of tests say I'm ok so let's hope he has a solution for me.

Sorry to hear of your Aunt's passing 'M' but pleased to hear your mom's sister is feeling better..so hard when they are that age..

What special way did you end up celebrating Bob's birthday Susan ?

A woman painted Sharon's dog as a gift to her..what a gorgeous job she did..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

"M" sorry to hear of all your Passings. Good comment on Retirement, My Mom in Law is like that , she's never home and going a million miles a minute with helping others.
Betty highP will really muck with head pain be carefull!
Super photo of your Sis's Dog, Inuk isn't it?

Overcast and dreary here but not cold so on we march to spring.
Alberta Ann

Victoria Harbour, ON

The lady painted it in oils..Sharon will get in in the next few weeks..marvellous how kind some people can be to a stranger...

bet your house is full of seedlings already lol

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Sorry to hear of the passings in your family, ~M~

Wow - what a wonderful gift to Sharon, of Inuk's picture!!

My gosh Betty, what a gorgeous painting !! Something to cherish a lifetime.

This will be a 'draggy day' .. of the 2 time changes, this one gets to me the most .. just seems to slow up not just the one day, but the next few ..

Beautiful weather here, snow is melting fast ..

Not up to much this weekend .. kind of odd for this house LoL

TTFN

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Happy birthday Susan...may your day be filled with sunshine!!

Friday we had blizzard, yesterday so cold and this week above normal temps even for spring..I will take it!

Keep looking at the clock and thinking same, where is the day going, amazing what a difference losing an hour makes.

Sharon just called, Inuk won at Seattle American Nationals, broke some kind of record yesterday ..she sure was excited!! Yes, gorgeous portrait..

Working on a large stained glass window, guess half done of designing and cutting pieces...because I use my glass saw its amazing just pushing the glass through like one does with scroll saw how sore finger tips get..have to move on to a different stage for a bit, my son doesn't need it until 6th of April..hate to leave things to last minute..would like it finished by weekend so I can get it to him.

Happy BDay Susan ^_^

Hope 2012 is your best year ever ~~

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Omg it's hard to comprehend how we could have a blizzard Friday, freezing temps Saturday and high 50's on Sunday! What a change.

Greg and melanie dropped in for the afternoon, great day for walking the dogs..just left

Picked up a few branches and thought nope, not raking and cleaning the yard..suppose to be resting.. Lol. Must say the w DS we've had sure created a lot of debris..looking and seeing so much work to be done, have to call a family workday

Bet you are all out enjoying the temps

They were going out for Chinese, could have gone for same but bowl of soup will do me fine.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thank you, ladies!!
wow - broke a record? Good for you, Sharon & Inuk!!

We bought some of the leftover ham and scalloped potatoes from the church Ham Dinner last night, so will have some ham sandwiches, and for supper tonight we have steak (WalMart brand isn't expensive steak, but it's Steak lol) along with scalloped potatoes (need a lot more cooking!), and veggies. Gonna talk Bob into BBQing the steaks :-)

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - my sister in Winnipeg says it's going to be +22C later this week............ yikes!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Susan, weatherman says will be at 17+ several days..kids will be getting bikes out for sure.broke a record today..felt so nice to be outside and feeling the sun on my face.

Plans are to come home each night and do no more than 1/2 of cleaning, piecemeal the yard cleaning so it won't be so overwhelming!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Good plan, Betty - everything in moderation.
I'll be sending your quilt block tomorrow :-) It's in it's envelope, etc. Just need to buy more stamps!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Look forward to getting it Susan, will incorporate into sometching nice!

Put sewing away for a bit seeing I had been sewing for 4 months...got to tell you, smart to put the specialty gloves on when cutting glass on glass saw..my fingers are cut, sore/tender..maybe I should go back to sewing..

stony mountain, MB(Zone 3a)

hi to everyone from stony mountain manitoba zone 3a......stony's just north of winnipeg
a bump on the prairie....and our claim to fame is the penitentary the town is built around.
the weather today was wonderful....warming and lots of sun. spent the day with my girl..
it's her 25 th today and the first thing she asked was...are you starting the plants soon ?
the kids grew up with plants all over the house every spring...lol
the snow has really gone down today..if the forecast is right we'll be seeing grass soon !
hope the yard doesn't get too messy.. the dogs had baths today..i'm keeping my fingers
crossed that they stay clean....cheers L

Thumbnail by lindypuddin
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hey Lindy - you're from my "ole neck of the woods" lol
I used to work for Ducks Unlimited, which of course is headquartered in Stony...
and I was born in St. Boniface, MB.
Well, good to see you!!
I heard it's going to be 22 next week! Could that be?!?!?!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Welcome Lindy,

We also have the big Super Jail in the town next to me..feel more secured than not!!!
Beautiful dogs..Mom has a schnauzer that she dotes on more than grandchildren..lol

Hated to get up this morning, drats, these hour changes sure put you off kilter don't they?

Will be a quiet week being March Break..nobody is thinking debts so must bring in a project to work on!!

Will be a spectacular week weather wise..closed my eyes this morning in hopes I would avoid seeing how dirty, unkept, leaves, debris from high winds..I'll be busy/busy these coming months.

morning susan, you were close ! are you happy with your move ? we think sometimes of
packing up and heading west. the winters never bothered me before, but as i get older it
seems like time stuck indoors is like a prison sentence lol.
and betty... you sure know your dogs ! the one on the left is my first barky von schnauzer
the pup in the middle and our sweet little elle is the mom. two litters, and had homes for all but one. the pup is so devoted, the mom is the smartest little dog i've ever seen, and the old guy is over 14 . he's showing his age now, healthy all his life, except for the
occasional pimple cyst.
susan, my best friend was in calgary for a few years and found that there are wonderful
gardening clubs, she was interested in alpines and hypertufa gardens. didn't really see
what the deal was...till i got my' first blue mouse ears ' hosta.
have a great day everyone....cheers L

Victoria Harbour, ON

My mom's Lindy is aged and has cancer..I don't think she's doing him any justice have treatments for him but you just can't tell her!! My family are dog lovers to the extreme (except me) lol that being said I've an old Border Collie, was a rescue, I'm thinking SailorGirl is 12 or 13, showing her age as well!

We are all itcy to get outdoors and garden!!!

sorry to hear about your mom's dog betty. it's hard to say good-bye
schnauzers have skin problems and i saw yesterday after his bath he has many black growths and some soft swellings. he's still holding his weight and is so happy to see his food dish[that hasn't changed]. but the minute that changes, we'll take him to the vet.
in the mean time we're hoping he'll have one more summer in the yard !
need some more caffiene this time change always messes me up, have a good one
cheers L

here's a pic when he was younger

Thumbnail by lindypuddin
Victoria Harbour, ON

Ahhh just adorable!

Same with Sailor, she gasps for air lately,panting if a different way but still eating, sleeping a lot..I'm having a gathering at my house this summer and I'm so hoping that she makes it until then...not sure she will see another winter. She will be my last bow wow..

this thread is getting too long......can you start a new one ??
betty.............you're loved !!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

awwww Betty - Sailor is so sweet. I also know that she loves you.
Our cat Baby is 11 next month, and I suspect she'll be around for many many more years to come. She's more Bob's cat than mine, and I'm fine with that. I like birds more than the 4-footed animals, simply because..... well, we're not all animal people in our homes. I have a neighbour with a sweet dog that I adore and feed treats to. I love "other people's pets". :-)

WHOOSH!!!!!!!!! Is it windy or what this morning!!! Neither dog will get up to go out, THAT is definitely the tell tale sign it's not nice out !!

Hi Lindy, love your doggie pics .. we have 2 Westies (Lilly 5 and Piper 2, and a 16 year old cat named Smokey) keeps us busy ..

We are to have record high temps here in Thunder Bay once we get through today.

I'm off for coffee (tea) with the gurls this morning .. most are from my nursing class .. lots of aches and pains to share LoL

Take care alll

~M~

love westies.....all terriers really
we broke a record here yesterday and probably will again today....
they're calling for double digits for the week-end
hoping to get mom out of the hosp. tomorrow just for some fresh air....she'll be going home as soon as they set up pallative care.
going to be a tough year mom, the dog, sisters are all squabbling...you'll find me in the garden!
cheers L

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

We've been having double digits in our temp for the past 2 weeks...... too bad it drops below zero each night.......

Enjoy your coffee with the gurls, ~M~

Lindy - here's hoping your mom gets her outing, and that palliative care "happens soon"!

g'morning ! wow more great temps. bit of a breeze today, will help dry things up.
yesterday went around the house making sure downspouts are draining ok.
hubbys talking about finishing up the patio this year, yahoo! last year was sidewalks and
the driveway, so we're almost done. but now with the price of fuel, it would make more
sense to live closer to hubbys work. or i guess buy a teeny teeny car !

Thumbnail by lindypuddin
Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us over....

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1246853/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.