What's Happening in your neck of the woods...

Victoria Harbour, ON

Is winter over???

Getting antsy, was at the Garden Gallery Thursday looking at pretties..usually a sign I'm hankering for spring..

We moved from here

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1235951/

This message was edited Feb 11, 2012 11:22 AM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Omg, some of those plants were $69.99 -$89.99

Yikes, the way I kill indoor plants, best stay away from them!

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Thanks for the relocation Betty, I was thinking about doing it as well as I saw the views were up over 1000.

Still in the deep freeze, but the sun is SO nice and warm ...

Susan, will keep you and DH in T &Ps for sure ..

Having decreased pain day and am thankful for that and hoping for a few more !!

Laundry to fold ..

TTFN

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Same weather here "M"..

Are you overdoing on the days you are feeling better?

Sun feels good as I lay on the couch...not a good thing to do though, any energy I had is slowly going bye/bye.

Still fighting a cold, must be the cleanest lady in town..keep taking baths to warm up.

YUP .. I do tend to OVER DO when I am feeling OK .. and, I pay for it unfortunately.

Sad news .. my Aunt Fran (my Mom's younger sister) passed away last evening. She had been unwell for about 10 days. She is 87.
My Mom's other 2 surviving siblings are 91 and 96. AND, the 15th anniversary of my Mom's death if Feb. 15th !!
February is definitely NOT a good month !!

Sorry to hear about Whitney Houston as well .. may try to watch the Grammys tonight.

Hope you are feeling better Betty.

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sorry to hear about your Aunt "m"' she is not the one you have tea with from time to time.

You must learn then not to overdo!

Fingers are sore tonight, been doing stained glass for last week, they are telling me it's time to rest them. Head cold wasn't bad today, almost over it.

Sharon my sister flew to NYC for Westminster Dog show, Inuk won 3 years running for best of breed American Eskimo..she doubts he can take year 4!!

Think his competition is 10-10:30 tomorrow morning.

Oops Sailor wants out..
Hooe you've all had a good weekend!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

~M~ - I'm sure you're feeling low this February - we're Here for you if you want to talk about your Aunt Fran and your Mom.
I'll bet your 2 remaining aunts are feeling sad as well - not easy to lose siblings....... especially one that's younger than you.

Betty - hope Inuk wins again! I know, I know..... 4 in a row is pushing it, but ya never know for sure (until the Fat Lady sings LOL )

Victoria Harbour, ON

My sister Sharon must be thrilled..he American Eskimo won Best of Breed 4 years running..if you are watching highlights tonight keep an eye out

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/2012/results/breed/amesk.html

Wondermifmits too much to hope for getting best of show tomorrow

Think then they look for the pretties!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

yaaaaaaaaaaaay for Inuk!! I KNEW he would win the 4th year, I just Knew it!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Then could you Knew he might win Best of Show? Lol

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

oh wow -BOS? Very Kewl!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

No Susan , no best of show today, lol was just saying could you think that??

Watched just a bit of the Westminster online today as I cannot find it anywhere on the TV .. either Bell or Shaw.
Congrats to your sister Betty .. hard hard work for sure .. nice to see a fourth win ..

Gorgeous day here .. temp of anout 6C maybe more, and sunny ..

Funeral plans are ongoing. Looks as though it might be Friday .. relatives are coming from east and west. 2 may come from Ireland, still unsure.

Making Shrimp Creole .. had forgotten how much work was involved in that .. but .. had shrimp that needed to be used up ..

Off I go ..

TTFN

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thanks "M"' she has 4 eskies..spends more time with her dogs than she does with humans...lol. Can't fathom how much time and money, but that's her love of life, we all need something..

Think the show is on tonight, 2 hr. special and then again tomorrow night. Anxious to see the clip of Inuk winning..proud Auntie

Did you aunt have a big family? Hate funerals as does everyone else but it's about the only time you get to see a lot of relatives..think I'll tell my boys to organize a pre funeral for me, one I can enjoy and see everyone, then when time comes there will no need!

Already told them, the day I die, that is the end! No funeral, no service..just enjoy life...

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Usually Westminster is on Animal Planet both Mon and Tues nights ( which I dont get) and later shows up somewhere else but cant remember the channel at the moment. And after a bit they have all the videos uploaded on the website- last I looked it was still l the 2011videos but results were being posted.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I watched the clip of her dog winning

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/videos/#/Breed%20Judging/2012/Non-Sporting/vid:17884998

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

So was your sister not showing the dog - seemed to me lst dog was shown by a man.

As usual I think the female handlers need lessons from what not to wear! The lady in gold jacket and brown pants looked great, the habit so many seem to have to wear short tight skirts even though they have to almost run around the ring always annoys me, especially if they are overweight! My annual rant!

Love the dog ads especially the one where they set up camp and then all hide in the car when the loon calls!

This message was edited Feb 13, 2012 6:30 PM

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Marilyn sorry to hear about your Auntie.

Betty thanks for the clip, After the judge picked Inuk (sp?) I could see exactly why he was picked he seemed way fluffyer, if that is a word. How exciting for your sister, when you are successful at your passion! Thanks for sharing as it's neat to be able to say I know the sister of the lady who.......

Carol the adds are great, I wouldn't have watched if you hadn't mentioned the cool factor.

We had another melting day here and it's just started to get a bit colder so I think we have snow in the forecast for the end of the week. We sure could use it.

Ann

Victoria Harbour, ON

Yes, it's her dog that won..Sharon has back problems so she has a handler, Grahmie who shows.
Melted most of the day here as well..strange weather!

Victoria Harbour, ON

happy Velentines Day everyone..

For those who find themselves alone today big hugs are coming your way!

Know you are loved...

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone
Yes, Betty - even though who find themselves alone can know they have US!! (Feel the love?!?!)

Here's a funny that my cousin sent me, and I'd never seen it before...... and that's strange, cuz I thought I'd seen EVERY email funny at least 10 times lol

For those who enjoy word "things"...

I have been in many places, but I've never been in Cahoots. Apparently, you can't go alone. You have to be in Cahoots with someone.

I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognizes you there.

I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be driven there.
I have made several trips there, thanks to my friends, family and work.

I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too much on physical activity anymore.

I have also been in Doubt. That is a sad place to go, and I try not to visit there too often.

I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm.

Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older.

One of my favorite places to be is in Suspense! It really gets the adrenaline flowing and pumps up the old heart!
At my age I need all the stimuli I can get!

I may have been in Continent, and I don't remember what country I was in.
It's an age thing.

Today is one of the many National Mental Health Days throughout the year.

Life is too short for negative drama & petty things. So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!
From one unstable person to another... I hope everyone is happy in your head - we're all doing pretty good in mine!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Love it Susan...

Hope all are enjoying this special day

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Just watched the sheltie judging- Best of group (??) was Ch Mystics Ava Gardner- shown and owned by Tracy Tuff of Edmonton! There were 4 sables and 1 blue merle - pretty small group, the blue merle took best of opposite- lovely looking dog!

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'll have to go watch it Carol..

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Oh I forgot to mention check out the archive video from 1932- all the handlers are men and almost all of them are wearing hats!
http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/videos/#/Archive/

Happy Day AFTER Valentine's Day to everyone ^_^

Have had such problems getting any sort of reliable coverage (online) of the Westminster .. did manage to see a few of the 'terrier' catagories, but, unfortunately, not the Westies :-(

Took my son and his family out for dinner at Applebees last evening .. my gosh .. got there before 5pm and the place was CHUCK FULL !!!
Our wait was only 5 minutes, but, when we left around 6:30pm .. I heard someone say it was a 20 to 30 minute wait to be seated!! Luckily Lorna had opted to stay home, she's not a big fan of SUPER crowded venues.

I start physio (assessment) this coming Tuesday .. I guess I must be naive, thought it would be covered by OHIP but am going to have to rely on private insurance ... have sent them an email to see how many treatments I am covered for. I think my doc thinks this is tant amount to putting a bandaid on a very large boo boo, but, I am willing to try anything to AVOID surgical intervention .. no hero blood in me !!

Sunny with temps in the -9 to -12C range .. very damp ..
Aunt's funeral is on Friday morning .. going to have to be there quite early as it's at a church in a neighbourhood that has very limited parking, and, it is going to be a large funeral.

Off to buy some 'non hydrogenated coconut oil' .. have been reading and hearing about the health benefits of it .. willing to give it a go.

Take care all

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

dropping in for a quick sec..will be back later to chat

Thought some might be interested..

Debbie Lightle-Quan from CBC came out and interviewed her today. She wishes Inuk had been home but is in transit from NYC.

The interview should be televised at 6 pm… CBC Toronto

Thought you might like to watch

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all

Love Appleby's, when in USA always try to eat at least one meal there..keep forgetting there is one right down the street from work but it's not a place you can just drop in on your lunch hour.
When Roger died I was amazed that they set up the service on speaker and t.v. outside as there were too many in attendance. they've come a long way with funerals haven't they?

Sorry to hear you are still not back to yourself and still enduring pain..isn't getting older just the cats meow.

here is the link of Sharon's interview...

first 1/2 minute is advertising then when it changes to main screen you can scroll bottom tab to the 24 minute mark and Sharon's interview starts a few there

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/Canada/Toronto/1305549802/ID=...

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - which one is her's??? There are a few to choose from

Victoria Harbour, ON

did I put wrong one on..

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/Canada/Toronto/1305549802/ID=2197364346

there is about a 30 second commercial that starts the news, then on the bottom tab just put it over to the 24 minutes mark and it's my sister talking
scroll Susan is right under the big screen where the commercial was played

This message was edited Feb 16, 2012 12:00 PM

Great video .. and Inuk is just beautiful .. you can sure tell Sharon is your sister .. beautiful smile ^_^

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

thank you "M"..Inuk is headed to Oregon right now, I should have been a handler, lots of travelling going on..I would hate to ask what all this costs her, guess not much more than all my craft equipment and gardens..lol

Are you feeling better today?

Looking at the time, ready to head home..working from home tomorrow and off Monday for family day..nice to have 4 days off again...lots to do

Waving to all..

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - just keeps spinning, and spinning.............. waiting for it to finish loading........

I looked at the amount of time it plays, and it says "0:00 / 0.00" so it's loaded 0 of 0?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Takes quite a bit of time..

Doin OK Betty .. however .. last evening I either dislocated , or, broke my middle knuckle right hand :-(
Was pushing myself up from the couch .. kinda lost my balance (2 dogs at my feet) and my hand slipped and my knuckle just buckled .. pretty tender and a pretty shade of blue today .. gawd !!!
From my days in Emerg (working) I know there's nothing to be done .. if it gets REALLY bad .. I MIGHT splint it .. but, I can still type ^_^

Funeral tomorrow .. the relatives from Ireland arrived this morning .. time for a very full immersion into the Gaelic language .. i can only barely understand it, never ever tried to speak it !!

Take care everyone

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Omg "M" you are being hard on yourself..not 100% and here you go with more aches and pains..have a girlfriend fom Ireland, been friends for 1/2 century..love that we can gab on computer because rather than telhone..she insists that she call every few weeks, not sure how we are still fiends because when she calls I don't understand 1/8th of what she says, I just say yes an no hoping they are in the right place! Lol. When she comes over from Ireland for visit I have no problems understanding her !

Will the weather cooperate for you tomorrow?

Darlene just called, she sure is having a difficult time of it..at least I had the boys when Roger died..Darlene hs nobody..must be so overwhelming!!

Night time, all stuffed up, just took something..think it's an early night for me..

Hope your feeling better Betty.

The funeral was lovely. The church was full as was the reception hall following, the Irish relatives were so happy to greet and re greet family. Always get a kick from their perception of distance. My one cousin from edmonton was leaving to go home, driving, and they thought it would take perhaps a few hours!!!

Beautiful day here, tried to rake up some pine cones and needles, and spent bird seed. The dogs are tracking it into the house,and, onto the beds!!

Enjoy your weekend

M

Happy 'Family Day' to those celebrating it. Lots going on here in TBay .. but, I think
we'll likely just stay home and putz around the property.
Believe it or not, there is raking we can do !!
Weather is to be in the +C range, with sun, and boy oh boy is that sun warm !!

Enjoy your day

M

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 3b)

Hello you all! I'm new here, from Zone 3, south of Winnipeg. Was fun to find other show dog people/gardeners. I did the show dog thing for years, but now spend my money and time in the garden. Hard to get through winters though. Glad there are forums to study.

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Welcome wishIwasa5! I'm Ann from Edmonton,AB , 3a. Look out there are two Ann's here. We have a group chat here and then off to gardening when it arrives. We are having unseasonably warm weather here with a very light snow cover which will make overwintering of my perennials tough. I have been shoveling what little snow I have on some of my special plants however the spare snow is going away.

Seems to be a connection between gardening and dogs/ pets here for sure. Betty's sister is a winner and then the Sheltie girl from Edmonton and then I found out that my Vet's dog Kate Winset won her best in Breed , Standard Poodle! Small world isn't it.
Alberta Ann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.