Appallingly bad pix volume 21

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

We came from here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1218564/

Isn't this the most gorgeous male Common Goldeneye you have ever seen?

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

LOL Mrs. Ed!! Yes, gorgeous shot but not as gorgeous as this Coopers Hawk!!

Thumbnail by dellrose
Mount Pleasant Mills, PA(Zone 5a)

This gorgeous Flicker has ya both beat! LOL

Thumbnail by GrannyGrunt

This one is so bad I cannot even tell what it is!! Looks like something evil! LOL

Thumbnail by GrannyGrunt
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quote from GrannyGrunt :
This one is so bad I cannot even tell what it is!! Looks like something evil! LOL

Dark-eyed Junco

Resin

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

hah, that's Cooper is something else Rose. GG, the Dark-eyed Junco you took in the snow, has its "special" effect. lol

nice catch on the yellow tail there GG.

Thanks Mrs. Ed. I just posted the rest of it on the Forum. LOL

PERTH, Australia

Awful shots, everyone. Here's my contribution.

Thumbnail by MargaretK

eeek beheaded

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Quote from Mrs_Ed :
eeek beheaded

LOL, Eeeeek, it's hung I think. Double eeeeeek!!!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Ok, ok, here is mine eeeeeek! Focus on the wisteria branch instead, lol.

I was glad to see these two species of ducks co-exist peacefully-- that's until the breeding season. Then they are adversaries! eeeek.

Error correction: the weeping branches are those of Weeping Willow instead of wisteria. Please pardon.

This message was edited Feb 19, 2012 8:17 AM

Thumbnail by Lily_love
PERTH, Australia

Juvenile Nankeen Night Heron - trust me.

Thumbnail by MargaretK
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Bad, but clear pix of the partial pic. of the Juvenile Nankeen Hight Heron. Margaret. lol

Although these pics. are so blurry. But they pleased me for it's the first time ever, I get to see the 'Ruby' on the Ruby-crowned Kinglets. lol
Next is my female Red-bellied Woodpecker. I'm so glad to see the gal, for all winter long I saw only the males. Today, was the first time I saw her out and about.

Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

All good bad one. ;)
Bad Starling in every sense of the word.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
PERTH, Australia

Ewww, Burn, that starling looks like something from, hmm, somewhere.

Nankeen Kestrel.

Thumbnail by MargaretK
(Zone 5a)

I haven't posted pictures on this site in awhile, but I always enjoy this thread. Great bad pictures everyone. It's hard to say which is the worst. :)

The lighting was just perfect for a shot like this. Our favorite migrating sparrow, the Harris's.

Edited to say: Why is it I do not recognize poor grammar or bad spelling until the moment I hit the send button... sigh.

This message was edited Apr 10, 2012 9:08 AM

Thumbnail by Chillybean
(Zone 5a)

I knew I was not going to get any nice picture through the rain, but this was the sweetest thing. We were in the middle of a storm and two male House Finches perched under the hopper feeder for awhile trying to stay dry. None of the females were around, so I suspect they were on their nests.

Thumbnail by Chillybean
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hah, Chillybean. That last one should have a caption saying "I wished the rain would stop, I've hungry mouths to feed at home" the other one would reply "Yeah, me too this rain isn't for the birds!" ^_^

(Zone 5a)

Haha, Lily. That is funny. :)

(Zone 5a)

This one about makes me cry. And I'm not to blame. I handed the camera to my husband for something a little earlier. One of the birders in our group spotted the Peregrine Falcon in this far off tree. I'm trying to get my husband's attention when he was focused on a water bird. By the time he gets the camera on the falcon, it's just taking off.

It was not a good day for photo taking, but I am bound and determined to get pictures of any life birds we see, foggy or not. I always hope for a better opportunity at a later time.

Thumbnail by Chillybean
(Zone 5a)

A little one told Papa there was a Junco in the yard. He didn't believe him. So the little one screams at the top of his lungs, "JUNCO IN THE YARD!!" The rest of us run from every which way. We've got to see this. All our faces are looking out the window, I have the camera. Just as I push the button... LOL Little one's head is right there, but you still can see the Junco over him.

Thumbnail by Chillybean
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

^_^

PERTH, Australia

Funny story. Really bad pic.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Hee, hee ,hee, well at least you got proof of one, being in the yard.

(Zone 5a)

Hey, where's all your bad pictures?! I'm not the only one with any, am I? :O

We were hanging laundry, when we hear Killdeer noise at the gravel road. There were three of them, all full grown and walking about. Maybe they were discussing future nesting locations. ?? I take my camera everywhere, especially when the lighting is just right, so yes, I had it with me while hanging laundry.

I get several nice (to me) pictures, but then... OOOH! I so wish this was the whole bird because I have been trying for so long to get a decent Killdeer in flight. This bird was in the top right of the shot and I cropped off the excess.

Thumbnail by Chillybean
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Quoting:
... where's all your bad pictures?! I'm not the only one with any, am I? :O
LOL, not so fast, I've some of those aweful shots too. lol

Eastern Towhee, these guys/gals are quite fast on their feet. Eventhoug they don't fly off, they constantly hopping about while on the ground.

Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love
(Zone 5a)

Ugh, just awful, Lily!

What happened to the head on this one?

Thumbnail by Chillybean
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Got a couple here...I could actually fill up threads and threads!! lol

Thumbnail by nanny_56 Thumbnail by nanny_56
(Zone 5a)

LOL, Nanny... Fill them up. I am guessing the yellow blurs are Orioles??

I was talking to my camera yesterday.
"Focus... focus.. NO! NOT ON THE SCREEN. THE BIRD!"

Thumbnail by Chillybean
(Zone 5a)

I should add: after that episode, my husband went outside and removed the screen.

Chilly, that's "ART"

yes...the yellow blurs are orioles...sorry!

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Horrible pics, everyone. . .Love it!!

How do you like my Downy Woodpecker?

Thumbnail by nutsaboutnature
PERTH, Australia

Just terrible.

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks, Margaret!

Here's Mrs. Cardinal striking her (awfully) best pose.

Thumbnail by nutsaboutnature

oh dear!

(Zone 5a)

Bad, bad pictures!

Trying to photograph parent Robin feeding a juvenile was not a good idea.

Thumbnail by Chillybean
Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Funny shot, Chillybean! I guess the juvie wasn't hungry anymore.

(Zone 5a)

I wanted to put these in the Daily pictures thread, but a couple do not belong there. I think the first and last of this set are fine, but the middles are pretty poor.

A little background... We had Barn Swallows nesting on our front porch. They gave us a fine view with their chosen location. We could look up from inside the house. There were five babies. When they started moving around, I was getting concerned they would fall out, so put a couple pillows under the nest. Well, a couple Thursdays ago, two fell out of the nest. I get them back in. Next day, starting in the late morning, one kept falling out. I lost count how many times the dear fell. It's fall did seem to be softened by the pillows.

Well, what to do? My husband, being a smart fellow, put together a platform he was going to clamp to the ladder, but felt the distance was still too far, so he put it on a post and it had a good sized base to hopefully withstand any winds. He took the pillows away.

Not too long after this, that one fell onto the platform. We are just assuming it was the same one over and over. One of the parents came by and it looked like it fed it; we could not see for sure. Before we went to bed, the little one was one the porch floor. !!! Papa put it into the platform, but said it didn't look very well. I wanted to call someone right away, but he thought it best to wait until morning. It died in that time. That was so hard after all we did to try and keep it safe and healthy. Four did leave the nest on day 18, but they didn't hang around. We assume they went to where ever other Barn Swallows are hanging out.

Oh, I didn't mean to go into a long story, but I wanted to explain the contraption this little one was on. S/he was sitting inside and while I was taking pictures, it decided it wanted to perch on the ledge. I about had a heart-attack thinking it was going to fall over. As you see in the last picture, the bird was fine. This one seemed to enjoy the platform. The others preferred the nest and the parents fed this one as often as the others.

I don't think I posted a link here to my Barn Swallow album, but this shows much of their time here.
https://picasaweb.google.com/108468547679021572625/BarnSwallowFamily2012

Thumbnail by Chillybean Thumbnail by Chillybean Thumbnail by Chillybean Thumbnail by Chillybean

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.