CLOSED: 5th annual 3 B-House Swap

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

and the other side!
Did I say I LOVE these birdhouses!

Thumbnail by taters55
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Wow! Very nice, LK and Stu. ♥ ^_^

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

LK, congrats on the new grandson (OMG, he's a big 'un)!!!!!

Those are really cute birdhouses. Stu did a great job on them! I'm still using some some of his masterpieces from another swap in my house and yard .

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Very nice LK Good job Stu!!! Hmmmmm I have several gourds must get them out and start painting them.

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

Linda.... I.m the Goard guy. Not certain who sent you the first house. Glad you like it and hope that the light spots were reflections......... ie, hope that I didn't tape the goard instead of the bubble wrap. There are seeds from the goard inside, so you may want to try them in your garden against a fence.

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I love those gourd birdhouses! wow... too pretty!

Well, I'm back home again- got in about 1:30am this morning, so I'm not going to be awake for much longer lol! Loved, loved, LOVED Cozumel! I will definitely go there again :)

Good night all!

Well, now I need to find out who sent the other house? It came from a company, so no personal names on it?
Stu, the gourd is perfect, and yes the white is just the flash from the camera. I soaked the seeds last night and I am going to place a few on the fenced area's and see what happens! Thanks again for the beautiful gourd!

LK, I sprout my gourds seeds between damp paper towel and in a plastic bag. That way I know if thw seeds are good or not. Doesn't take too long for them to sprout.

Oh man I sure hope i did not give your name to two people LK. That would mean someone did not get a house. HELP!!!!! Please let me know whoever you are ^_^

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Both your houses are just beautiful, LK. I wish I could paint like that, Stu.

Any clue yet about the mystery "blue" bird house? It's adorable.

No clue?

LK,
Is there a packing slip with company name? maybe they could help you find out.

No packing slip. Still confused!

Do you still have the box? Might be able to an internet search of the company if you do, and hopefully turn up a phone number.

Well now this make the first 3-B House mystery, lol.

Winnetka, CA

Bev (and Scott) my gorgeous butterfly house arrived today.... and all I can say is WOW!! You both are so talented! The little butterfly on the front is adorable and adds the homey touch that makes this house so very special. I can't believe you whittled it? It's so perfect! I love the idea of the gate - which also makes cleaning the house so convenient! Very clever.....Thank you also for the lovely note with all the info - it's clear that you put much time and effort into making this very special for me.

I will plant the purple coneflower seeds in my 'Waystation' this weekend - they are perfect!
Also.... the butterfly frame for framing my future butterfly visitor photos is adorable! (I just realized I didn't photograph it - but for everyone else... it's too cute with little butterflies all around it! And will definitely give me incentive to try to photograph my visitors!)

My husband was here watching me unwrap it and I think he caught the enthusiasm... he is already planning where he thinks it will look best in the Waystation... I will try to get another photo once we place it... but in the meantime I took it outside and snapped two photos so everyone could see how pretty it was. I'm not sure why...but the images of the house were rotated when I uploaded them to the thread... couldn't figure out how to fix that...

I had just d-mailed Cindy last night as I was becoming anxious that it hadn't arrived... I thought perhaps it had gotten lost in transit....but after reading your note I understand that the delay was due to all the care you put into creating it.... thanks again... I feel so blessed to have this little homemade butterfly house from two lovely people in Virginia... I can feel all the love that was put into the project!!

And Cindy... thank you for hosting the swap!! -:) !

This clematis flower was waiting for me - right next to my box when I got home tonight!! It's the first flower after almost 3 years of patient growing!! Two surprises in one evening!!

Nancy

Thumbnail by NF2932 Thumbnail by NF2932 Thumbnail by NF2932

WOW Good for you, Nancy!

What an absolutely beautiful job, Bev!

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Nancy, I'm so glad the swap box finally made it to California in good shape and that you liked everything! Scott will be happy, too!! He asked this morning if you had gotten it yet. Please do post pics after your DH gets it installed for you!

I love clematis and want to try growing a couple around my backyard swing. I've heard they're hard to get started!

Cindy, Yes, thank you so much for the swap and staying on top of everything!! I'll keep an eye out for next year's 3-B House Swap!!

Thanks for the kind words Susan.
--
Bev

Mystery solved! My son sent it to me!

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

LK, That was so sweet of your son!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Beautiful bf house! Great swap. ^_^

LK, that's funny that he sent to you and it arrived when Stu's box arrived! Talk about good timing :)

Well, 3 weeks from this weekend I'll be moving into the new house..getting really excited, let me tell you! lol

And speaking of moving..I better move my butt and get some things packed :)

later!!

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

I am looking for a new job with a probable move as well. Going to save the bathouse to see if we do make a change. It'll be my first addition to my yard where ever we wind up.

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

I hate moving, but sometimes it makes for the best adventures!
Best wishes to those relocating!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1249596/

Froggie swap is open...

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Hey ELFIE.....I remembered to take pix of my goodies. Thankyou again, so very much. Gotta scout out the best place to put these. Maybe the bat houses on the garage. Got one telephone pole I can put 1 bluebird house on, it's just outside my backfence about 3feet. The second one still not sure, I wanna be careful I get it high enough cuz we got barn cats in the neightborhood that like my garden, along with the fox, raccoons and sk--ks, (shhhh, don't say it outloud please, lol.) It's been prime hunting grounds for mice, voles (or whatever you call them), rabbits, you know critters, lol. Will find the perfect spot even if I have to put a pole up. Last spring on the other side of my property, the neighbor put up about 6 new bluebird house and I know they like several hundred feet of personal space, so I will keep evaluating and get them up in the next week.

Again, my birdies thankyou as do I!!!

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Nice, Kathy. ^_^

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Kathy, Great houses for your birds and bats! Good job Kris!

Oh I know what you mean about the kitties. It makes me sad and mad when one of them drops a trophy bird, especially if it's one of our resident Eastern Bluebirds.

Kathy so glad you like them!!

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

Cindy.......... Haven't given you my thanks yet for the swap. I now have my first bat house and can't wait to see, when we finally place it, if we get any takers.

Holy Moly!! Doing a happy dance here with tears in my eyes.. wow .. I received my birdhouse today. LK was my buddy and she totally blew me away with a VERY special house for the birds :)

She sent me two bags of Werther's candies..good stuff that is!
2 bags of caladiums (which I love!) one isWhite Christmas and the other is Caladium Buck (LOVE that color!)
A magazine on how to grow an easy garden.. I need that lol

and the birdhouse--- it's my new house!! blue with a white fence around it..it even has a birdhouse and nest with eggs in it.. and (it's not hanging up yet) a hummingbird feeder with a hummer! (look at the pot of red flowers and you can see it lying there beside it.)

I keep saying WOW over and over LOL..

thank you SO much, LK.. it will have a very special place on the front porch of the new house and I hope to get some new 'neighbors' soon! :)

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

here's a close up of the birdhouse :)

I forgot to mention- what makes it even more special is that it isn't store bought- it's a homemade birdhouse :)

Wow.. lol.. wow

This message was edited Mar 31, 2012 9:51 AM

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

Ah Chris how cool is that!!!

Well everyone has their new houses now. Thank all of YOU for joining. Be sure to come back next year!!!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

All so very nice, Chris and LK. 'White Christmas' is one of my favorite caladiums.

See ya'll next year. And thanks again, Cindy! ^_^

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Oh Chris..how special, have you decided which house to live in yet....lol. both are beauties.

Thanks Cindy for setting up the trades. And a big thanks to my little Eflie for such a great box!!!!!!

pix: sunset, a real beauty!!

This message was edited Mar 31, 2012 1:03 PM

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Chris, that lil blue bird house is adorable!!! It even has its own birdhouse, lol.

LK, you did a very touching and fantastic job!!

Glad you liked the birdhouse Chris, but I must admit, it is store bought, I just added the fence, new coat of paint, the pot of flowers, bird nest, and the hummer feeder. And the little birdhouse came from Kris, she made it from polymer clay. the bird nest came from Bev.

OH! That makes it even more special! A joint effort :) I love the tiny birdhouse and the nest.. I thought those came from someplace like Michaels or something lol.. guessed wrong all the way around. ^_^
But you did a wonderful job.. my kids were in awe of how it looks like the new place.

Thanks Cindy for another as-always terrific swap.. loved all the different houses that were sent out to everyone :)

OMG! How neat and clever is that house, love the joint efforts and special thoughts you litle elves put into it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.