CLOSED: 5th annual 3 B-House Swap

Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

OOOooooooo that windmill butterfly house is very cute!!!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi NF!

Carole, I thought about you yesterday after seeing the tornadoes that hit your neck of the woods and am so glad to see you post. The only BF's I've seen this year are the ones still affixed on the rock you gave me. It's held up very nicely! Of all things, I saw a fly land on one of our back porch screens today while I was out there planting veggie seeds.

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Welcome NF! Please tell us your first name and what type of house you would like.

Winnetka, CA

Thank you Cindy.... A butterfly house would be lovely as I have been establishing a Monarch waystation. If not, my 2nd choice would be a birdhouse - no gourds please - don't really care for them... :) I'll send my address to you in a d-mail... thanks so much for having me! Looking forward to it! Nancy

Thumbnail by NF2932 Thumbnail by NF2932 Thumbnail by NF2932
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Gorgeous shots, Nancy. ♥

I'm a Monarch Waystation too. :>)

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BETTYPAUSE

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Happy B-day, Betty! :)

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Happy birthday betty!

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Please forgive me but I Just have to BOW Out of this one Please forgive , I Will set back & watch the rest of you . susie

Very nice photos, Nancy. What kind of butterfly is the black and white one in the second shot?

Winnetka, CA

Susan.... I don't know for certain... but I think it might be a Papillion. I thought it was beautiful... glad you enjoyed it, Nancy

I've never seen a black and white Butterfly and thought it was both unusual and beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your pics.

I've never seen a black and white Butterfly and thought it was both unusual and beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your pics and learning about your Waystation. You, Carole, and Amanda are the only three folks I know yet who have them.

Attached is an old pic from April 2010.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Winnetka, CA

Gorgeous... thanks for sharing!

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

May I join in at the last minute, please?

Unfortunately, we don't have many flowering trees in our yard, Nancy, but our Cherry tree in full bloom in April is a glorious site attracting bees and butterflies.

Hey, Bev!

Night everyone. Had to check in one more time before I go to bed.

Welcome Sundownr/Bev, what type of house would you like?

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Cindy,
I would be excited with any of houses. This should be lots of fun!
Thank you so much for including me!
Bev

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Hi Susan (I missed seeing your post)!

I'm loving all the photos on here!! We have bats, plenty of birds, and many butterflies to accommodate and I don't have any houses for them! I was looking for ideas when I found this swap, so I am very excited!!

Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

Come one, come all and sign up it's almost too late..... you know you don't want to be left out =0)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I agree. This is a great swap! :)

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

NF.. Such beautful butterflies!!!

Names tomorrow, yeah!!

"Spose to get to 60 here today, sure would like to have the driveway melt off.

Pix: Annual Rudbeckia (reseeds)

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Got my name!!! Very excited to go shopping for this one!!

Hello Ladies and Stu,

You should have your names. There are some who need to send me their addresses if they want a HOUSE ^_^

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Woo Hoo! Got my name and I got lucky, went wandering yesterday and found just the ticket for my buddy. I'm so excited!!!

Joy

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Thanks so much Cindy!! Now to get started!!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I got my name too!!!

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

LK, "taters55," posted this video on FaceBook today. I was fascinated by it and thought you'd all enjoy it (my apology to anyone with dial-up). This is excellent footage of butterflies, bees, bats and hummers that features time-lapsed and variable speeds to really see what your eyes normally can't!

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/xHkq1edcbk4?rel=0

Every second watching made me wonder what marvel was next. Very fascinating. Thanks for sharing the link with non-Facebookers like me, Bev.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Wow!!!! Loved that video. I just love watching the critters in the garden and often sit in amonst the flowers doing such. Is anyone of you smart enough to know how to send me a copy to my e-mail address, I'm also not a member of facebook and don't think I would ever do such. I'm still learning this stuff, lol.(does this have anything to do with age???)

Pix: this is my critter pix, click to enlarge to see. (sorry was at dawn approx 530am)

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

You're welcome Susan, glad you enjoyed it. Did you see the baby bat clinging to it's momma's tummy while she was feeding? I must have watched it a dozen times already and see something new each time.

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Kathy,
Copy the link and paste it into an email, it should work. If it doesn't I can email the link to you to forward (need your email address).

Love the stealthy kitties with glowing eyes, lol.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

LOL< Those are raccoons, silly.

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Really? Dang, I looked again and they still appear as cats to me, LOL!! I've only seen a couple raccoons in the daylight, and the rear end of one escaping my carport at night. Cool photo! Are they babies, or grown ones?

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Actually, a mama and four babies and needless to say they were not happy with me! LOL!

pix a clem amongst the Gypsophila paniculata (babies breath), sorry, the pix is sideways, just realized, lol.

This message was edited Mar 6, 2012 8:06 PM

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Wow, didn't know that had so many at a time . . . litters like cats and dogs? I bet they're really cute lil guys!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

The Bradford pears have all just burst into full bloom around here. It's a spectacle to behold ... also the flowering cherries, some of the magnolias, forsythias, flowering quince, daffs. Soothes the winter-weary soul ... even though we didn't have much of a winter.

I'm so ready for my hardy hibiscus!!

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Happy Birthday, Stu! Good luck with the show.

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Awww, happy b-day Stu, have a great day!

Several years ago we rented the same cabin a couple of years in a row on an island at the Outer Banks of NC, a really primitive cabin that Hurricane Isabelle washed away. On one of our trips, I woke up in the middle of the night to go potty in the bathroom that was on one end of the screen-in porch. The mama and baby coons we had hand fed bread and popcorn to earlier in the day had opened the screen door that wasn’t latched and were eating the tomatoes and peaches ripening in the window sills. Those buggers scared the willies out of me, well what wouldn’t in the middle of the night? While I did a little jig on top of the kitchen table yelling and screaming, hubby shooed them back outside with the persuasion of a broom. Hard to believe this pic is 10 years old.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.