November weather - Turkeys Beware!!

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Cold, dreary, cloudy, grey...:( Hope the sun comes out today and melts some of this ICE!! UGH!
Supposed to be 50 by Thursday!!! WOO HOO!!! They better not be pulling my leg!

Watched a squirrel sitting on a branch, looking in my living room window, eating an acorn. NOM NOM...lol. He was having a staring contest with the cats.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Love the kitties and babies and Amanda's costume! Finally catching up here...freezing every night lately, foggy in the morning and lower temps during the night 24F. Temps going up to 42F at noon.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Cold and dreary with temps only in the 40s. In Iowa yesterday it was cold and sunny. I, of course, being used to the Indian Summer, forgot my dang coat!! LOL. About froze to death yesterday!! LOL

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

82°/63° pretty much the past few days and tomorrow also...sunny, with a few showers yesterday coming in from the Atlantic, then sun back out after they pass over.

Love the SNOW pic's...Countrygardens and Minnie

The little kitties are so adorable...too bad they don't stay that little.

Texas gal your weather sounds like ours, last week every day up to upper 70's to low 80's and then one morning in the upper 40's and only made it to mid 60's, then next day back up to 80...I just throw everything in the Jeep, jacket, flip flops, bathing suit, boots...lol.

Giving my wishes to all to have a very nice Thanksgiving...Some wild turkeys in Florida

Thumbnail by sunkissed
brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Sunkissed...PHLTH :P ;) I would LOVE that weather about now!! Weather envy!

SHOULD be 50's by Thursday. 40's today...I am still in denial..no coat unless its below 15...

I am sort of glad they dont stay that little (the kittens). They learned how to climb into bed with us...then one peed in my bed! UGH! At 11:00pm! And I havent even had a chance to wash the other cover they peed on the other day! Grr! MORE laundry...I need another washer & dryer. (have one in the rental, but its occupied. When its vacant, I use those machines too. Its great!)

Celebrated my birthday with a migraine and a PTO meeting last night. Came home to gifts from DH & the kids. All was good until the kittens peed in the bed. Oh well.

Cold and cloudy here too!
Sunkissed, love the picture!
MInessippi, Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you got gifts from your kids and DH....sorry for the pee...you can't have it all!LOL
Are you ready for TG?

Adina

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Ready for TG. Have to make rolls yet, but Im happy with just making rolls & pie. I wouldnt have been able to do the whole meal this year.
Thank you for the birthday wishes.
45* today. Hope the rest of this snow melts. I understand there is another front coming through with lots of snow in it :( ugh.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Sunny 40°
RealFeel® 45°

Well, I got invited for Thanksgiving tomorrow and it will be fun and eating gobbles!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Take care and stay warm...(Avoid for Black Friday!) lol...
Rusty and JuJu & Rusty

This message was edited Nov 23, 2011 9:42 AM

Nice with temps in the 50s and sunny.

A bunch of cute hungry goats.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Going to spruce up the Antique shop for Black Friday deals tomorrow.
Back here by noon for the big meal.

Bernie

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends! I hope you have a blessed day with your families!
It's raining, yeaaah!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Temps were close to 70 today with a brisk breeze. A very nice day all in all.

A few horses kicking up their heels the other day.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Belated Happy Birthday Minn!

Belated Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. Got most of the cleaning done. Dearest sister and bf, and dearest daughter, granddaughter came over. Everyone brought food. DD's husband's friend fried the turkey. It was delicious!!! Two of our guys went hunting, and one granddaughter was at her Dad's family, so we were down a few.

This is our first year without Mom so it was kind of tough. All in all it was a great day!

Dearest son made a pork tenderloin and roasted potatoes. We had far more food than people. We had Mock pecan pie made with Oatmeal. My sister hadn't made it in over 20 years, The recipe was in Mom's old cookbook. It came out really good. We had pumpkin pie, and egg nog.

We have more left overs than we know what to do with! Everyone took food home for tomorrow. I plan to sleep in, in the morning. I warned them, Breakfast is in the frig! Do not wake me!

Hope everyone had a great day! Have a great weekend! The weather was perfect here today.....we are supposed to have an arctic blast coming in for Sat and Sun, down in the 30's so we need to get the cover on the gazebo and get the rest of the plants in. I'll try to get pictures tomorrow!

Take care and have a safe weekend!

Jeanne

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Thank you Tex :)

59* here yesterday - met a record for temp on Thanksgiving and Nov 24th. Last time it was this warm was 1990 and 1939 respectively.
Sun is trying to peek out right now. Havent turned on the TV to find out temps for today. It will be a cleaning day. Got my shopping done last night. DH was up for it so we battled the crowds at WalMart and Target...good grief. Wasnt even going for "the deals" they had, but as long as we were up...now all I need is cat food, puppy training pads for the kittens (kuz they still miss) and a 6.5 ft pine tree of some nature for the corner of the living room.

Kittens are about ready to go if anyone has changed their mind :) I will be attempting to talk my boss into taking one with him to a co-worker in FL next week. Not sure how that will go. Lol.

Laundry day again...need a laundry chute and another set of appliances...someone else to wash them wouldn't be all that bad either I suppose ;)

Bernie - I would love to swing by, but that would be a (short) haul. I was planning on going antiquing on Wednesday afternoon but never got around to it...still want to (Im looking for lamp tables with claw feet and what ever other goodies I can find)

Merry Black Friday all.
(Family photo yesterday- DH's side. Me & DH are far left back row - our kids are "Gap" & "Argyle". We all look so happy...lol)

Thumbnail by minnesippi
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Here's a little more teasing on Antiques.

Great looking Minnesota family!

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

This was part of our bunch yesterday.
5 generations with the middle one missing.
He lives in Iowa.
Left is Great-great grandmother, she is 93.
then great-grandmother, my wife,
then the mother & baby born in October.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I had good times yesterday and there is so youngs kids, some little kids and some adults (30)... in small apt... so crowded to move!

Tomorrow going to be windy & shower...

Warm this morning but now cold and windy. Rain moving in tonight.

Great family pics everyone!!

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Thought we were supposed to get rain turning to snow, but no precip today. Which worked out schedule wise - we picked up the tree tonight and it is now up and decorated! Earliest we've ever had a tree up. Now I just have to remember to water it and we should make it through the holidays!
MN Gophers vs. Illinois (college) Football game tomorrow - courtesy of my BIL. Hope the weather is nice for that. Outdoor stadium. It will be my 1st football game.

Thumbnail by minnesippi

Wow, the Christmas tree is up! Great tree and great family pics!
It's freezing here, foggy in the morning. Some sun is showing up behind the clouds.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

54°/51°/31° Showers early, then cloudy in the afternoon. Rainfall around a half an inch. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

I'm so far behind. I read and will just comment on the pictures.

Sunkissed,
That patio is so neat! The turkeys are beautiful!

Bernie and Minnesippi,
NOT liking the snow pictures as they look sooo cold!

Minnesippi,
ADORABLE!! And all ''boxed up'' for giving away :o)
YOU and your family are beautiful!
Lovely tree and decorations. I haven't done anyrthing yet, but today the T'giving things come down.

Pepper,
Those goats with the brown look like my daughter's Boers. LOVE the horses!

Adina,
Beautiful Mum! Two lovely frost pictures.

Bernie,
That is the finest antique shop I've ever seen! The family is beautiful! Great great doesn't look that ''great.'' She looks fabulous!

I've been busy again. I spent last week washing walls. I have the three kitchens done, the largish living room, and hallway. All that's left is the TV room, tiny laundry room, bathroom and bedroom. I will finish them.

We had Thanksgiving yesterday. Just DD and her family and my Dad. 7 people, not counting the twins. At the end DD and I were bustling in the kitchen and DH was carving. It all came together. I started getting a sore throat last night and both boys, who are staying over have coughs and runny noses. The twins have colds too. I tell you it never quits at their house. DH had his sore throat and cold last week. Sigh, I thought I was going to be invincible :o(

My flower catalogs are trickling in and it will be next week before I have a chance to even sit down with them. I did go thru and order Christmas, so that's pretty much done. The boys seem to have everything the stores sell. It gets harder to find anything different.

Well, I hear rustling in the other room so I suppose the kids are going to wake up soon.

Have a lovely day!!

Sally, I got more tired after reading all you have done!LOL Girl, I hope you get some rest and enjoy the holidays!
It's been a wonderful sunny day and I was out in the garden digging!LOL Had some company too.. Gavrila and Trica!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Cold and rainy all day. Windy too!! Still blowing like crazy out there and raining hard.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

35 today - some drizzle off and on. 82% humidity I guess.
Gophers won against Illinois 27-7 :) It was a good game - even in the chill.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Cloudy 36° RealFeel® 23°

I got good raining yesterday and some windy...

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Right now it getting so chilly sooner:

Clear 28°
RealFeel® 28°

I just got home an hour ago and I had other Thanksgiving dinner today... Fry Deep Turkey... So Yum...

So, I just ready go home and my van inside is ice! I warm up my van and home...

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

80°/54° And rain on the way, a cool front...hard to call them cold fronts down here...lol.

Love all the family photos and hope everybody had a wonderful Thanksgiving...ours was kind of small since DIL had to work and so no grandson (he is her son by a first marriage, so he was with real Daddy, my son is step-father). But all three of my sons were there and I'm glad about that, last couple years one was missing due to traveling or working. I hate how businesses are staying open now on Tday...but looks like more and more of that is going to keep happening.

We had wonderful weather for the past four days and did lots of grilling out with friends and it could just stay like this all winter long...boys even went to the beach one day...how about that? Going to the forest tomorrow to chop some firewood, we are running out. I will have to work on the tree and Christmas decor after that.

Well since everyone showing family photos, here is my four guys on Thanksgiving day...L to R...oldest my wonderful husband to the youngest son..they were goofing off and took five shots till I got this one.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Cold!!! Highs in the low, low 40s. Already down to around 33 right now. A small breeze but not strong like it was the other day.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

its just too cold. PERIOD!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I agree too cold.....it's all of 37 deg F here. It makes me achey. Thank goodness all of the tropicals are in their makeshift greenhouse, all nice and cozy! They got watered today. It's supposed to be cool all week.

It is supposed to warm up into the forties of am and then high in the sixties. It was really pretty this afternoon.

I am still recooperating from Thanksgiving. My grandkids are all teens so they will get cash for Christmas. We will get small gifts for the adults, but minimal shopping. We're thinking gumbo for Christmas Eve......

Sounds like most everyone had good holidays. Glad everyone is OK!

Take care of yourselves,
Jeanne

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

It will be so chilly here brrr... Got bad dry sore throat every week (3 times)... So, the cough syrup is work for me that was Vicks Nature Fusion cough (real honey) and it work for me...Also neck stiff, too...

It will be chilly 20 tonight and right now is Clear 27°RealFeel® 21°

I stay inside for a day so again today too!

This message was edited Nov 29, 2011 6:51 AM

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sunny & warm here.
We'll let the south have the snow & ice this year!

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Speaking of which - Memphis got an inch of snow today :) LOL! I remember living there and it snowing...everything comes to a dead stop! Oddly, they did not close school today...hmm.

Predicting snow for Saturday night and Sunday. Lots of rain first then the snow. We'll see. Today's weather pretty much same as yesterday.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

yep - cold and cold. Here too. :D

Warmer with temps around 50. No jacket needed. Hope it's cold tomorrow!! I want the ground to get cold for the snow!!

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

We will hit low 20's overnight and stay there....for months Im sure. Snow is headed our way.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

It was a gorgeous day. I took some of my Rose of Sharon seeds that had burst and put them in some empty pots I had nearby. I need to spend more time out there. It is so peaceful there. Last few days it got down in the 30's so I am glad I got the tropicals put away when I did. I am so worn out from TG that I would not have felt like getting them in there now. I watered on Monday and should water Fri or Sat. With them under the gazebo they don't get any rain so they have to be watered separate at least once a week or every two weeks.

It is supposed to be even cooler next week, but then it is the first of Dec.! It's hard to believe Christmas is less than a month away.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

PS I did take pictures of the GH / makeshift GH / gazebo but haven't got them uploaded yet.

Jeanne

(Zone 7a)

Nasty winds are forecast for us tonight. We could lose power. Everything is battened down or brought inside.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

This thread is CLOSED,
Go to;
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1232117/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.