November weather - Turkeys Beware!!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Highs in the low 60s with gusty winds all day. Cloudy til mid afternoon.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

49°/58° A mix of clouds and sun with gusty winds. Winds SW at 20 to 30 mph.

Celia,
Laughing, nope!

Rusty,
When they remodeled our Walmart, we were there every week, but when it was done and things were in the new place, it was a new store! Most of it is for the better, but they dropped things because they lost whole aisles by making the aisles bigger. That wasn't so happy!

Pepper,
No new photographs here either. Not even of the babies, LOL!

Sunkissed,
This time of year you need three sets of clothes to keep changing into. I'm glad to finally just put the shorts away. Now I alternate between sleeves and no sleeves.

We bought the twins a baby swing. This one worked well, so we will get another. Sheesh, they don't even look the same as the one my DD had, LOL! The seats in these can sit up more or lay back, and they are at the stage where they want to be up. They should be shakily sitting by Christmas and after that, well, Grandma's going to get you starts :o)

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Mid 50's today. Hit 64 yesterday! BEAUTIFUL! Got more leaves raked, moved the John Deere to the garage - had to use a dolly to get it to the front - something wrong with the choke and it wont start. That was not fun moving it. Good thing I have a strong hubby or it would have been tarped until next spring.
Been having van troubles. Rack & Pinion is leaking and there is a knocking in the engine. I dont want to bring it in to find out what is wrong - it only has 70K on it! MAD! Daddy is letting me borrow his van. They are pulling out their pool so he is not in need of it right now. Lots to do around there. And I am finding that I am bringing home lots of pavers, bricks, and fence panels from their house. I have my work cut out for me next spring with the pavers & such. Saves me from having to buy them :) Sure looks different in their back yard though.
I have a little "Norma" peeking around my screen watching me type. The kittens are getting so big. Treating fleas...how they got fleas this late in the season is beyond me. Good thing I dont have carpet is all I keep thinking.
Today will be an inside cleaning day...unless the sun shines. Then I will find something outside to do :)

Have a great day!

High 60s for a high and sunny. Brisk breeze but not as strong as yesterday.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

It was gorgeous over the weekend. Youngest granddaughter was here so she helped us move the tropicals into the gazebo and we hung the industrial strength plastic shower curtains.

It 's not supposed to get cold all week, and now that I have them in there we probably won't even have a freeze......ever.

It about wore me out. I wanted to get it done while I had a good helper. Now I can focus on Thanksgiving Dinner and cleaning house. It's my belated Spring cleaning.....or Annual Fall cleaning time. I've started on the stove.....next is the refrigerator.

Glad to hear from everyone!

I'll have to take some pictures of my makeshift greenhouse. The house plants, plumerias, some of the ferns, and majesty palms are in there. There's still more to go in there. I left a few things to spice up the patio. I put most of the artificial plants around the rock waterwall garden so it still looks pretty while the tropiicals are cozy and warm in the gazebo. Only now I have to water them once I get the canvas top on, but that easier than going out in the chilli weather to cover them up. That makes me achey.

Happy Holidays!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

34°/60° Chance of a shower or two during the morning, followed by partly cloudy skies this afternoon. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Minnesippi,
I suppose the warrenty is off the van. Huge MAD!

Awesome on the pavers, and yes, you will be ''fun busy'' figuring out where to put all the new landscaping!

Pulling out a pool. How big is it?

We had fleas on the outdoor cats too. I think the combination of dry and warm weather lewts them out of hibernation, or what ever it is they do. I should Google a flea's life outdoors.

We've been finding baby shrews dead outside. All around where the cat fence used to be. Petey had caught two when they still got to go out. They are TINY! A little over an inch. I hate to see them die because they eat baby mice. A loud thunderstorm can literally scare them to death.

Jeanne,
Some days I wish I had Southern winters, LOL! I brought my Zephyr Lily/Rain Lily in and put it under the closet. It's good for the year, along with a humongus 4 O'clock root and the few glads I just bought this spring.

Grinning, I'm finishing up the dusting. The Grandkids (both boys) die to hold my knick knacks. Yesterday I quietly got out a tv tray and started unloading the shelves. I dusted and they handled what they wanted to see. Cael has already spoken for the clear blue, bluebird statue I just bid on at the Church auction. LOL! I told him to remember the babies have to grow up before we start boxes with their names on them. Grandma will give before she's gone, as soon as they get married and settled, they get their box. They will also know that no one takes their things in a divorce. Cold hard facts!

Grinning again! The thought of walking among the tropicals, if it's possible to get thru all of them, LOL, makes me feel summery!

Warm til mid afternoon when clouds rolled in. Temps around 60 with strong winds all day.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

No - van is no longer under warranty. 3 yr/30K. I called a guy today about it - the father of a classmate of my son's. He is close by and good prices. Now just to drive it over. DH wants to look at it again before we bring it.
Their pool was oval 18x36. Daddy said they paid 140K for a pool and got the house for free. Haven't "opened" it in 7 years. But have fledged mallards every year for the last 7 in it. :) Ducks are gonna be mad come next spring. It is going to look so different.

Got the living room cleaned and rearranged. Had to make room for the tree come next month. I knew if it didnt get done over the weekend it wasnt going to happen. Didnt decorate last year. DH was in training and just couldnt get in the mood. Luckily the kids didnt mind. DH just brought all the decorations up from the "doghouse" (detached 2 car garage) so I will have a better chance of getting it decorated this year :)
Thursday is our 8 yr anniversary. Next Monday is my birthday. Following Thursday is Thanksgiving and then its December already. Where did the year go.
With all this van garbage going on, looks like gifts will be of the eating or gardening variety this year for extended family. Good thing I've been shopping the last few months already.
Oh well. Its the being together that is important. Not the "crap" we give each other. Right?

Oh - temps...right. Um, I think it was high 40's today. Sun was nice and warm, but it was a little windy. Still nice weather for middle of November. I heard something about snow flurries in the next day or so. Last year at this time we were in the process of getting 8 inches. I was probably out plowing the driveway. Tonight, I am watching the Vikings get their arses handed to them by Green Bay. Good thing I dont care about football. :)

Night all. Will check in again in a day or so.
Steph

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

31°/59° Plenty of sunshine. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph.

Minnesippi,
Isn't that the way it goes with warranties? They seem like a long time at the beginning.

The van guy sounds good. It's nice to actually know the person who will be doing thre work.

Grinning, that's how I would view the pool too! I wish I had one just big enough to float in, on an air mattress, with room to roll into the water and get wet, just to get back on and bask! But, I have no yard. Your Dad's pool was huge! No wonder the ducks loved it and yep, they will wonder where their pond went :o)

Oh dear, make room for the Christmas tree. I will have to move two rocking chairs. Luckily we don't go much over 5' nowadays.

I do love to decorate.... My problem is not enough tables to set things on. I do have a nice wooden TV tray that will have to be set up, as my elderly relative gave me a lot of decorations this summer.

November is really busy for you! Next Thursday, then Monday. Need to remember that :o)

I know!!! I also got my first flower Catalog....Pinetree. It's a favorite :o)

Crap is right. There is nothing left to buy anyone!!

I'm making cookies for my elderly relative because she got rid of things and has a nice cookie jar.

I made bread yesterday afternoon. The recipe from the first cookbook I had as a youngster. It was basically the only recipe that called for the same amount of evaporated milk I had left over. DH put up a few Christmas lights. Yep, we're closing in on all these things.

I have to get out and enjoy the soft breezes today.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

From cold Minnesota, Ha-Ha!
Sun is coming up.
Clear.
35º
High 40's today.

I was out enjoying the weather this morning. Every day like this is taking one more away from winter!

HPS catalog arrived yesterday.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Yesterday got hot again, I'm sure mid 80's, last night I woke up sweating and said, "That's it, I m turning the air on.". So now it is back on. Will be this way until Thursday..above normal temps. Think it rained a bit this morning, everything was wet. Either that or the humidity was that thick...wouldn't surprise me.

Been working on the new patio, the bricks are all laid now. We sat out by our fire-pit for the first time last night. It was still cool enough for that. My poor husband has worked so hard hauling bricks...but he did a very nice job. I don't miss the orange tree so much now. ;--)

Texasgal I'd love to see the pictures of the make shift greenhouse.

minnesippi, happy anniversary, sorry about your van..I just hate when a car goes down...especially during a season when money is short...oh wait...that is all the time.

Billy I can just see those boys helping you dust...I remember my boys loved to help my mom with her knick knacks, she has lots.I like turtles and so everyone will give me turtles...there are turtles in every room. My grandson loves to go around and count them all. I put most out in the garden. Gives him something to do.

Here is the beginning of the patio...I'll get a finished picture later in the week.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Turned out to be a pretty nice day today. Another day wasted inside at work :/ :) I could be laying pavers or raking leaves!! Oh well.
Current temp = 51°
Partly Cloudy
Wind: WSW 17 mph
Humidity: 41%
Dew Point: 28
Visibility: 10.0 mile
Barometer: 29.63

Daddy delivered fence panels & more pavers to the house today with their contractor. Took a look see at my retaining wall "situation" that is caving on the north west side of the house. Foundation is sinking, wall is coming apart - found out last spring a permit was never pulled buy the company who built it and it wasnt engineered as per code requirements. Now it is about a $20,000 job that we have to deal with before we lose the basement in the rental side. Another "Not Happy" moment...smh. Can a girl catch a break? I see a video to Ty Pennington in my future ;) LOL!! I wish! Dont think I "have what it takes" to make the show...although a military husband, cancer survivor and a house that is falling apart...yah, still dont think I have a fighting chance.
Project 1) van
Project 2) John Deere
Project 3) retaining wall

Ordered flowers to be delivered to DH on Thursday. Dinner & a movie Friday for our anniversary. :D

Temps in mid 50s and sunny. Small breeze so a mild day all around. Tomorrow cold front will be here so will only be in 40s.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

How about "Holmes on Homes".
They do rebuilding of bad contractor projects.

Sunny this morning. Cold, haven't been out yet!

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Holmes only works in Canada :( I would love to have him though.
Don't go out - its cold & windy :)

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Oh gee! It's will be so cold tonight to 25 and as just right now it mixed sleet!

This message was edited Nov 16, 2011 4:43 PM

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I went into Target it was 40*, I left Target 15 minutes later, it was 30* :( And sleet.
YUK YUK YUK!!
Time to start thinking about Chili, meatloaf and other "warm" foods.

(Zone 7a)

Beef Stew and cornbread!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

41°/43° Sunny. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph.

Minnessippi,
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Bernie,
HPS for me too. I don't think I had one last year.

Sunkisses,
Cracking up over having to turn the air back on. Whooo, it's the furnace here!

Awesome! I have one tiny turtle and one large one with tiles making up his shelll. My neighbor got him for me for watering for her. I love him so much I keep him in the house, LOL!

Wow, awesome patio!!!

Minnessippi,
Oh dear. My sympathy for your wall. (((BIG HUGS))) for everything :o(

Bernie,
I finally started watching Holmes On Homes. I love that show!

We had leftover Tacos today :o)

I spent all day with the twins yesterday. Just 5 months old now and talk talk talk, smile smile smile.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Holmes was one of the judges on another show where they were picking the best handyman.
I watched all the shows & was very unhappy with the guy they said was the best. In my opinion there was a gal there that did much better than the guy.
Anyhow, I won't watch his shows any longer. There is something fishy there!

Nice & cold here today. 7º this morning, now around 25º. Sun is shining.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Really. I hate phony shows. That's a real bummer too because I iked the way they explained things. Everyone has to be a star. No one can just put on an honest show. Back to "This Old House."

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Thanks Billy - got flowers delivered @ work today from my hubby :) I sent him some too. Date night is tomorrow - easier with the kids to do it on a weekend.

16.2* this morning (YUK!!) high was 40 something. There is a kitten in my DH's shoe - head first. :) Only Norma is spoken for so if anyone wants a boy kitty..let me know :) They will be ready to go in 2 weeks. I will miss them but there is no way we could keep them. Too many critters already. (But if we do keep one, I think it would be Two-fi(ve). He's the snuggle bug. He looks like he has rabbit feet in back. HUGE!!
Ave of 4 inches by this time - only a trace so far. (Which is okay with me). .02" precip in the last 36 days. potential to set a 141 year record on dryness. Snow comin on Saturday - possible 5-6" north of here. 2" here if we are lucky. 45* high tomorrow. 20's over night. YUK!

Every day I'm shufflen'

I still watch Holmes but not his Handyman show. I didn't like that show from the beginning. His show I will watch due to the fact it is interesting and he does more stuff right than others on that channel. Only other contractors I like are Income Property, Kitchen Cousins and Property Brothers.

Highs in the mid 40s and sunny. Didn't feel too bad out.

Grandbabies are cute!!!

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Yeah, cute twins there billyp! The twin in blue looks a little bigger. My paternal grandfather is a twin, his brother was smaller by several inches. Yeah, not bad here today outside Kansas City, MO., just cool, but not too windy and even sunny.
My favorites on hgtv are My First Place, House Hunters and Property Virgins.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

32°/52° Windy with a mix of clouds and sun. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Minnesippi,
I'll bet each place of work is jealous of the flowers sent. Date night is so sweet :o)

Oh yeah, giving up baby animals. Not easy. Hopefully he will melt someone's heart. Next day off, put him in your bag and casually stroll into work to get something from your desk close to closing time. Someone will go home with a kitten :o)

Dryness. I always hope we go into winter with rain in the ground. Especially for the pine trees.

Pepper,
I've never seen the handyman show, so I won't bother with it. I didn't know there were two. I just like to see the problem explained and fixed without a lot of fal-de-rah. Then I imagine the cost!!

Will,
It's the camera angle. She has a pound on him, and she's lead while he's a feather. I try to get him in first or he looks smaller than he is, LOL! He filled out nicely tho. He's the youngest.

I need to scope out these shows. I don't watch TV much. Not at all last night. I spent last night going thru cupboard and the fridge to make sure I have all the fixings for all the fixings on Thanksgiving.

I'm getting hungry....

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Sunny 41°
RealFeel® 29°

Going have a Canadian Cold Front tomorrow! Brrrr!

Bp I don't use the freeze wrapping and it not good that will burn freeze dry and no juice at all so I use only Glad press'n seal wrapper is good and it will stay juice never dry out yet!

Red Flag Warning:

http://www.accuweather.com/us/mo/joplin/64801/watches-warnings.asp

High around 56, sunny and very windy. Dangerous driving around here.

I'm surrounded by red flag warnings and advisories but as far as I know my county is not in it. Really weird. lol. Only the county to the north of me is not in it. Otherwise I'm surrounded.

Tomorrow the front Rusty mentioned makes it's way thru the area. Too bad there's not any snow with it!!

Wow a cold week for all of you....CountryGardens, seven degrees...I can't even imagine. My DIL is working for a few weeks out at the Gaylord Palms hotel near Disney...a really neat indoor atrium hotel. They have this special thing right now called ICE and she is getting me and DH in free tomorrow night. One of the displays is 9 degrees and they give you a parka when you go in to see it....so I'll think of you when I go in there and how cold that seven degrees is...lol.

http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-palms/christmas-in-orlando/ice-experience/index.html?source=GP||PPC|BOFC|||G-ICEChristmas&s_kwcid=TC|23005|ice-%20gaylord%20palms||S|b|9275248628

Billy the twins are really cute...I love the 5-7 month baby stage...my favorite age...they are so happy.

Minnie...I hope things get better...you have enough on you plate right now.

Beef stew sound delicious...I sneak in some soup/stews on the few cold nights we get. Making some pumpkin chili tonight...no matter how warm it is outside.

Rusty and Pepper...hope you get some rain out of that cold front today.

Our patio is finished and we got to enjoy sitting out by the fire on the last two cooler nights. Here is the finished product.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Snow!!
No rain for months, now we get snow. Only about 1" here. Farther north in MN they had 11".
Oh, when will spring show up ?

(Zone 7a)

We got about 2" of the white stuff last night. 30º now and Dyson Dark.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Cloudy 35°
RealFeel® 24°

Got raining here and sure get so cold here....

Take some pictures of the white stuff....PLEASE.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Here it is!

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
(Zone 7a)

Somehow, it looks prettier in someone ELSE'S yard. LOL

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Current temp 22*. 2" of snow yesterday. It was beautiful when it was falling. It can go now.

Thumbnail by minnesippi
brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Made pumpkin pies from scratch and a tray of pumpkin bars. Also made a pot of chili. Kids have been out playing in the snow. I've done 11 load of laundry in the last 2 days AND decorated for x-mas (minus the tree - too early for that). plowed the driveway and went to the grocery store tonight.
Have a "robin" headed my way :) so I have seeds to go through soon. Its my first and I am excited.
American Music Awards are on, looking at a pile of dishes in the sink from baking today...they will be there tomorrow ;)

Thumbnail by minnesippi
(Zone 7a)

Kitties! LOL

I always think I want to join one of those seed round robins. I have seeds to share. Is it too late to join yours?

I just finished with a weekends worth of dishes. LOL

Cold, 35º and overcast. And dark.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

SO glad the snow is somewhere else! It's beautiful in pictures!

Wow Billy the babies sure have grown! They are so cute!

Minn......the kittens are adorable. Can't get over how much they look like ours when they were babies.

Our weather here has been crazy warm.....in the 80's some days. We've had one day a week that the morning was in the 40's and high 60's and then right back up to the 80's!

C R A Z Y.......but fine with me. I did finally water the plants in the gazebo today. Need to find the canvas top, wash it and get it on there before it does get cold. At least with it warm I can open up the shower curtains so the plants can get air.

The yellow jasmine is in bloom and looks soooo pretty and smells soooo good.

Been cleaning. Tomorrow is shopping.

Happy Holidays Everyone! I'll try to get some pictures of the makeshift greenhouse. It's the same one I had several years ago. There's probably a picture on here somewhere.

Jeanne

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

The "robin" has already left the nest - this round is too late. I believe there are several during the year though.

I think I have convinced a co-worker to take a kitten. Only problem is he is in Florida...I am in MN...need to find transport for the little bugger :) He can have Norm or Two-two. (Just in case we "lose" Two-Fi and he doesnt find a new home ;))

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Fog 37°
RealFeel® 37°

It's so cold again today!

I fill the bird feeder and full of sparrows fight over it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.