Critters Big and Small Vol.11

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

They are so cute!!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Thanks Kim and Nanny, That's about all the critter I'm getting lately. My sister took, a couple of shots of this fox. I believe it's a cross between a red and silver fox.

Thumbnail by burn_2007 Thumbnail by burn_2007
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

The fox is quite foxy! Hope you'll soon get your toy back from the doctor Bernadette. :))

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

LOL thanks Kim, Hated to let that toy (camera) go all by itself, so far away. I was a bit overprotective of it. I'm feeling the empty nest syndrome already. :)

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

A critter on top on my fridge, how he got up there I'll never know. :)

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

LOL, Sherri. The critter is quite clever!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Always has to be of top of things. That's how they can have control.:))

Found some photos of critters we saw on a camping trip in March.

1.tiny softshell turtle my nephew found.
2 & 3. Wild buffalo grazing in the prairie (yes we have buffalo in Florida)
4. baby gators sunning
5. my garden snake

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

oooo.....love the buffalo...who knew!!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Nice ones sherri. How neat to get to see Buffalos like that. Thanks for sharing those pics. Eastern Blue Birds Moma and baby.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Great catch lily, I hear some baby birds up in my live oak, but can't see them.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks Sherri, it would be hard to spot the little ones on the tree top. In my case, I just simply watch the Moma's lead. She came to the feeder, bringing back food for her babies.

I've a ferrel duck nest in my garden. Here is the Pappa patrolling the area while the Moma sitting on the eggs.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Looks like a snake, but it's actually a Slow-worm, a legless lizard. 30-35 cm long.

Resin

Thumbnail by Resin

Chipmunk in the back yard.....almost lost in the tall grass! lol

Resin I saw one of those once...really cool. Nanny?

It is mating season for the lizards (Anoles) they provide us with lots of entertainment.

1. Needs no explanation
2. Two males sparing with each other.
3. The winner of the fight
4. A male and female...and yes he is giving me a dirty look for interrupting. :)

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

oops! Guess I forgot the photo didn't I...LOL

Sorry I have already deleted it...so have to wait for another chance!

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

I saw this picture (and the story with it) on Flickr. I though everyone might enjoy it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12496504@N06/7335416534/in/pool-canonsx40hs

What a sweet story.

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Here is a picture of the Bunny's "Buddy".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12496504@N06/7156094007/in/pool-canonsx40hs

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Aww very nice story, how amazing that the Rabbit and Squirrel bonded, and having people that cares about their well being.

Sweet story, thanks for sharing Nuts, they are both so cute.

We were just on vacation in south Florida Ft. Myers/Sanibel Island area...got some birds and critter shots.

I think a little blue Heron, in mating plumage maybe.
Tortoise
Anhinga (Water Turkey)
Rosette Spoonbill (rare to see)
Raccoon sleeping in a tree

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Apparently they're both doing really well and will eventually be released.

Those are really great shots, sunkissed!

Mount Pleasant Mills, PA(Zone 5a)

Wonderful pictures folks. Here is a bunny munching in my neighbor's lawn.

Thumbnail by GrannyGrunt
Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Cute pic, GrannyGrunt! That's a perfect arrangement. . .close enough for you to enjoy, but munching on your neighbor's lawn!

Good point! LOL

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

I love the birds Sunkissed, and great shot of the tortoise.
GG, it good to see you got a good shot of the bunny, I see one running around here once in a while, but can't never get him, sitting still.

Skipper sunning on a rock by the river.
A family of Canada Geese.

Awww....the baby geese so cute!

I see brown bunnies often around here, not in my garden, we are too far back in the neighborhood for them to make it in here...lots of dogs in yards around us.

post deleted...wrong place!

This message was edited Jun 14, 2012 10:54 AM

This little bunny was in GrannyGrunt's yard the night I visited GG in PA. I was happy in a way, but a little disappointed her bear was a no show tho. :0)

Thumbnail by nanny_56

That bunny and its friends are "pruning" some of my rose bushes and shrubs. Stinkers!

BTW, the bear said it was too hot to come out of the woods when you were here. LOL

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Probably because you didn't put the hammock up.

PERTH, Australia

LOL

HA!! :)

Chippies are keeping Gus busy here.....

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Hush Marna!! Too hot to put up the hammock! LOL

Nice chippie Nanny.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

What Bear??? Hammock? Nice one of the bunny Nanny.

PERTH, Australia

Burn, a large, black bear wandered into GG's yard. They came face to face, each paused for a few seconds and then the bear took off in fright and was last seen disappearing into the nearby woods.

Cute chipmuk and bunny, nanny. Lovely skunk, Burn (I can say that because I'm over here in Australia)

This message was edited Jun 28, 2012 5:06 AM

LOL @ Margaret!!

Yes, GG lives in black bear country....lots of them there!! They all know I have a fear of bears and hoped one would show up while I was there....very mean people! lol

Watched this turtle cross the road in Arlington Nation Cemetery. The whole bus was watching and it just barely missed getting run over a couple of times!

Thumbnail by nanny_56 Thumbnail by nanny_56 Thumbnail by nanny_56

nanny glad the turtle made it across. I've been known to stop my car and get out and save turtles in the road.

Burn, nice catch of the skunk...I don't see many of them here, do smell them sometimes.

There are lots of black bears around here, I'm sure they're much smaller, but their land has been so developed that they now invade the trash and yards of the homes. I feel for them, where are they supposed to go when houses keep being built on their land. I've come across them while hiking only a couple times, I keep my distance and they just run off.

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

It won't be too hot for the hammock if you put the barrel of water next to it. hahaha.

PERTH, Australia

Ha ha ha. Too funny.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.