Critters Big and Small Vol.11

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quote from nanny_56 :
A neighbors dog...Bear!

Looks more like a Wolf to me!

PERTH, Australia

Sweet little puppy your neighbours have, nanny :)

Burn, I had a rabbit that looked exactly like the one in your photograph. She was such a beautiful girl.

Mount Pleasant Mills, PA(Zone 5a)

Right on about never getting used to those crawly things Nanny. Love the goats, makes me miss Mama Goat and the babies! Wow, that is one big dog. Hope you and he are friends, if not, better work on that! LOL Burn, love the bunny, so pretty.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

I think it is possible that Bear does have some wolf in him....but the owners say he doesn't. But he sure has one heck of a howl! Actually they rescued this dog....the previous owner moved out of a house and left the dog to fend for it's self. The very first time I saw him he was running down the road with a squirrel in its mouth. As long as Bear is on his tie out we are good!

I miss Mama Goat and those cute babies too!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Margaret, I felt like picking up that rabbit and bring him home. I found him by the side of the road, near a wooded area. But figured it might have been a pet to the people across the street. It was pretty far from home. Do you still have your pet chicken? I would love to see a picture of it.

Nanny, when I looked at the picture of bear the dog again, I saw he has Husky and Shepherd. Very nice.

I found this ferocious kitty in my crab tree,(not just a sweet kitten) Friday morning. He was stuck up there poor thing, and needed help to get down. I found it's owner, he did not realize the kitten was gone. I got to enjoy it for a few hours. He was very playful.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

After all this spent energy, he needed a nap.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

After much needed rest, he was up for bird watching.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
PERTH, Australia

Good work, Burn. No, my darling chicken died in March after a really long battle. I do miss her.

Burn that orange tabby looks like my Tommy. I had to give him away. I miss him so much.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

GG, I had an orange cat too, called Amber. His sibling chased him away one night, and he never came back to live here. I did see him a couple of times after, but he would never come to me. I missed him terribly. That is why i enjoyed the company of this small kitten, he reminded me of him.

Margaret so sorry about your pet hen. They become part of the family, and it hurts when they die. I had to bring my pet cat Shadow in June. to have him put to sleep. He was the sibling that chase Amber away.

PERTH, Australia

They sure do become part of our lives, Burn. The pain of loss is so intense, but it's a pain that is well worth it for the love that is shared whilst they're with us. And knowing we will probably outlive our pets, we still keep going back for more, don't we?

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Wow lots of catching up to do...nanny Bear looks like a cross between German Shepherd and wolf...what an interesting looking dog.
I guess goats are pretty popular in Florida...I see them everywhere...funny place I always see a herd grazing at is an empty corner lot..right next to a huge shopping mall...seems like such a peculiar place to have goats.

Burn what a cute little kitten...cats don't last outside around here too long...maybe gators????

I love orange tabbies...they seem to have such unique personalities.

My tree is up...and my cats seem to think I put this tree up just for them....Simba and Oreo napping under the tree...

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Beautiful kitties sunkissed. Cats are just plain wonderful.

Went to the vets office to get some medication for Gus and they had the cutest orange kitten laying up on the desk. They have him up for adoption....so wish I could have brought him home.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

I agree, cat are wonderful creatures, I love their playful mode.

I found this Ruffed Grouse up in a tree while on a drive in the country. Some of you might have seen it on the bird forum, cause I post it there as well.
Don`t get to see them very often.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

That is a cool bird, burn.

Portland, TX(Zone 9b)

Reddish Egret...just looks cold out there today.

Russell

Thumbnail by yakmon

This old chap is still around

Resin

Thumbnail by Resin
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

The 'ole chap looks very nice Resin. Love that Egret Russell.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Nice shot of the Egret, Yakmon. It;s fun to see wildlife from other area.
Resin, do you know how old he is. and what's their life expectancy, if they don't fall victims to predators?

I'm still on the lookout for Moose. There was one around last week. I've seen tracks in the snow, just up the hill, from where I live. Very close to home.

A white spider with atouch of red on both side.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Whoa! It would be so neat to see a Moose, burn. That's one tiny tinsy spider! Found these turtles sunbathing the other day.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Quote from burn_2007 :
Resin, do you know how old he is. and what's their life expectancy, if they don't fall victims to predators?

Not sure, but probably 8-10 years old; it is unknown origin but probably an escape from a deer farm. Red Deer longevity is 10-15 years in the wild, up to 20 in captivity.

Resin

What a handsome animal Resin...Thanks for posting!

Ahhh some great photos...glad to see this thread pop back up on my watched again.

I really love seeing the creatures of other places. Lily I love turtles...I photograph them all the time. Burn that spider is interesting ...like the comparison to the brush for its size.

That is one nice looking Moose Resin...we see those when we go to the mountains up north.

Yakmon that Egret looks like he's in a real hurry...good shot.

Our January camping trip saw this wood stork by the lake...he didn't seem to mind me photographing him at all.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Also on the same camping trip early this month we saw a rare bird to see around here, a Limpkin - Aramus guarauna

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Two Limpkins together....

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Cool shots! sunkissed.

Portland, TX(Zone 9b)

Very cool sunkissed!

PERTH, Australia

Whilst at the river yesterday afternoon, two Bottlenose Dolphins were working the area. Twice they came along in the shallows so close to shore that if they were any closer they'd have beached themselves. They were right at my feet - so close that I couldn't even take a photo of them. Here are a couple as they moved away. That's the dolphin at the left of the frame. I never, ever tire of watching these beautiful cetaceans.

Thumbnail by MargaretK Thumbnail by MargaretK

What a treat! I love Dolphins. I cannot believe how close they were. Next time take along a micro lens. LOL

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Awesome find Margaret, I'd never get tired of them either.

Sunkissed those are wonderful shots of the Stork and Limpkin.

Lily, I love turtles. Had some as pets, a while back.

I did see a Moose a few days ago. But couldn't get a picture of it.

A little confrontation among deers. No one got hurt.

This message was edited Feb 18, 2012 12:15 AM

Thumbnail by burn_2007 Thumbnail by burn_2007 Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

A gathering of deers, where some people feeds them hay.

The lone one, I took through the mirror of my car. It was crossing the road, behind it.

Thumbnail by burn_2007 Thumbnail by burn_2007
PERTH, Australia

Good shots, Burn. The deer look to be very well fed. Your last shot, taken in the rear view mirror is brilliant.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Thanks Margaret. Oh they were very well fed, It seem like most of the neighborhood, at the end of that road, had grains and hay, set out for them. There was about 15 to 20 deers out feeding.

Burn, love the deer shots. Beautiful country where you are. That shot taken in your mirror is amazing!

Margaret great to capture the Dolphin above water...not an easy task. While we were camping there was one playing in the water in front of us while we were sitting on the dock. My darn point and shot camera kept missing it every time it came up...all I got was rippled water shots. :)

Burn what nice shots of the deer in the snow...so pretty. Would never know the one was in a mirror...pretty cool.

These critters are were in my garden the past two weeks...very early to see Monarch cats. They have now gone off to make butterflies. But I see two new larvae now.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

I did capture a turtle though...they sit nice and still..I just love turtles. And a Great Blue Heron.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Thanks GG and Sunkissed.
Can't wait for Spring, now that I've seen your Monarch cats, Sunkissed. I've planted a mikweed plant last year, to try to attract the Monarch butterfly. Hope it will host some cats for me this Summer. I have a Black Swallowtail in chrysalis, since last fall. And have about 20 Polyphemus Moths cocoons, waiting for Spring emergence.
Cute turtle!

Thumbnail by burn_2007 Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

The Red Squirrel came back, I thought he had fallen prey to the Copper's Hawk.

Thumbnail by burn_2007 Thumbnail by burn_2007 Thumbnail by burn_2007 Thumbnail by burn_2007
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Bernadette, the Red Squirrel is a cutie. I'm so delighted to see you have the "cats" hibernating and waiting for spring. Sherri, it's so nice to see those Mornach cats. Looking forward to spring.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.