Money Matters - Part 8

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Once again, investors are being suckered in by reports of progress in Europe. Mistake.

Took advantage of the misplaced euphoria and made a couple of small moves.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

geez

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Some people will try to make a dollar off any misfortune!

Insurance premiums rose an average of 9% last year. Funny, weren't we told the opposite would happen??

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I heard a whole interview about those cards. Customers were asking for them.

Our health insurance quickly advised that our kids would be covered to age 26 or whatever is proposed. I wasn't sure if they HAD to add that a year ago, or if they did in preparation for a nice rate hike to compensate.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

The cheaper gas station around here advertised unleaded @ $2.97 yesterday. There were several cars in each line but they ran out of gas with the car in front of us who got the last 2 gallons!

3.59 up here for the cheap unleaded. A year ago we filled up the house with propane. Its still going! I hope the prices keep coming down but I doubt it.

aw nuts darius.
Our competetive station was still 3 37 yesterday.

The best I have seen is $ 3.77.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

All the stations (4) in my small town are $3.22; that cheaper station is about 25 miles up the highway on my way to Lowe's. Fortunately for me, I go that way a couple of times a month.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

cheapest 354.9 how can it be .24 cents different when we're not too far apart?

Gonna go get my head worked on. I do need it.

Corporate greed.

What the 'market' will bear

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Ugh - the S&P is now exactly where it was in the Fall of '08. Three years wasted.

Only good economic news is $75 oil, but for all the wrong reasons.

Can't be any worse than the gov't.

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2011/10/03/starbucks-to-begin-collecting-donations-to-stimulate-u-s-job-growth/

S&P officially in bear territory.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

as long as they keep the $ here

Heard on the radio about Germany having a much better program of training skilled workers out of school, and of not dumping them when things slow down. All we seem to do is say Everybody should be able to go to college, and give little help to training for real skilled jobs.
Meant to keep the radio on and listen to Diane Rheem show about ethanol subsidy program.

Quote from the big man about how we have to pass this bill and get hundreds of thousands (mumble) millions of people back to work. Say what?? And why didn't the last big program do this?? Can anyone beleive a govt bill will magically put people to work? (Besides govt paperpushers, doing both the beleiving and the working)

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

He just loves passing all kinds of bills I think he gets a kick out of it!

Lady running for mayor in our town, owns a candy store...her whole platform is based on the changes she wants to make in the neighborhood where her store is located...ummmmmm how about thinking about the BROADER picture here lady!

Well there something many of us do everyday and probably wish diamonds would come out, just once. Same idea.

snicker
"And I promise a trash can on every corner (around my store) and painted pink candy stripes!"

Here's an interesting thought...
http://coto2.wordpress.com/2011/10/04/anonymous-promises-to-take-nyse-offline-on-oct-10/

Well that will really help. Where were these fools three years ago where Wall St was getting bailed out???

That is really frightening!

Not all news is bad! And, as I have posted about before, much different story for people with at least a bachelor's degree, especially in 'hot' fields. Funny - even when I graduated in '87, petroleum engineers commanded the top salaries, followed by chemical. I started out at $30K in '87, at the lower end of average. But it was academia, which generally paid lower.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/10/04/average-salary-up-for-class-of-2011/?mod=e2tw

Maybe it is a good thing you got rid of your Apples stock. http://money.msn.com/ways-to-invest/article.aspx?post=997fbbc3-2075-431b-8c24-6246f96aefa7>1=33044

Yeah, investors seemed underwhelmed by it.

I brought in 70 bucks today doing you know what. If I could do that everyday I would be in a better position. Sold 2 cups and 1 plate.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

what's up with this! gas was $2.99 this am, by noon it was $3.29!

Steve Jobs, 56, died. Announced today, doesn't say when he died.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

saw that, very sad

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Well we knew he was going sooner than later

jumper, that seems a pretty huge leap

jumper that is odd.
schickenlady that is good.
my gas was 3.25 yesterday when I filled up but dropped to 3.21 this am of course.
And get this--WaWa Sizzli breakfast sandwiches are 2 for $3, but you have to pay regular price if you only want one, instead of being $1.50! Why isn't the gov't doing something about this????

Sad about Steve.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.