Money Matters - Part 8

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Too bad it's already spent!! ^_^

I could not make myself buy 1.13 lbs of burger 85% lean. It was up over 7 bucks! That is just crazy!!!!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

$7?? $7??

I couldn't either! You may be consoled by watching documentary Forks over Knives, about how bad meat is in your diet (not an endorsement, I have no idea)

yes like 7.29, picked it up looked at price and put it back. I see prices of everything going up everytime I go shopping.

I will go to the local butcher for meat from now on.

Holy carp

"In another instance at an Office of Violence Against Women conference, “OVW conference attendees received Cracker Jacks, popcorn, and candy bars at a single break that cost $32 per person.”

How the heck can anyone eat 32$ worth of that at a break? Personal servant hand feeds you each piece??

I don't know whether I am more appalled at that price tag, OR that the Office of Violence against Women gets Craker jax popcorn and candy bars while someone else gets Beef wellington or 16$ muffins..

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Nothing really surprises me anymore with the government of ours.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Anyone shop at Walmart? Anyone else annoyed that they want to see your receipt now even though you waited in line and paid for the item(s)?

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Sounds more like Sam's than my local Walmart... not that there's much difference!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I can kinda understand at those warehouse clubs because they don't bag anything and someone can just slip something in their cart(not that there is any merchandise between the registers and the door) sheesh....
If someone was actually trying to steal they would find a more creative way(up the pants, under the shirt, in the false bottom of their wheelchair or stroller) believe me I know- worked retail for 17 years!!!!

I never saw how that receipt checking person could be all that accurate anyway- More a deterrent in theory by just being there.

Uh oh - look out below on Wall St again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh, Dont know if I could handle this (10 second Lexus ad) but watch the rest!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=6Cf7IL_eZ38&vq=medium

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

UGH fingerprints EVERYWHERE

dont care I want the house

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

That was amazing!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Pretty impressive technology featured on that video . . . but was it just me or did the whole ad make anyone else feel like the future will be all about technology leaving very little room for authentic human interaction? I suppose that's already our reality though . . .

You are absoutley right. This link tells how things are happening now. I bet there is not 1 of us that has not been affected by something. Its a long read and after reading it I feel that people are going to have Pea Brains.

Dont go to this link if you do not like offensive language - serious.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15231_7-reasons-21st-century-making-you-miserable.html

One positive from the Wall St bloodletting - oil down to $80 a barrel.

Ouch! Dow down 500. Nasdaq over 100.

Biggest two-day drop since '08. Yikes.

Interesting how when the chips are down and people are near panic, they always flock to the dollar.

scary how well you timed that apple!

Lucky!

By flock to the dollar, do you mean cash out stocks?

No - flock to any dollar-based investment, like treasure bills, etc.

I bought gas today for $3.10

Yay Darius! I stopped last night to get the Thursday special, only to find that it was cheaper this morning

Youd think they could figure out who is dead or not. "Government' fills out a death cetificate. There can't be that many people who die at home only in the presence of family members and not getting buried!

1 guy collected on his father for 37 years!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

There's one problem...the different agencies don't "talk" to each other, with everything computerized why aren't they all tied together

37 years of forging a signature or of using power of attorney to deposit and use the money...

Computer searching makes it much easier now than ever to check people.

victor, it is all a conspiracy to get people to buy T bills now with low interest rates and get more money in the gov't!

Happy Birthday, Sally!

Yes - Happy Birthday Sally!!

Well the annual national property tax rate report is out and, once again, mine is near the top - 4th in the country. Westchester topped it as usual.

Aw thanks !!
Part of my celebration is making the rounds of stores whose membership cards give me freebies - appetizer at Ledo's Pizza today...

And victor, do you and your neighbors consume markedly more of the govt services in your area- make more trash, drive harder on the roads,...? didn't think so.

Been saying this for more than a year now.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-09-27/china-developers-may-not-survive-30-sales-slump-s-p-says.html

Got to figure out how to go from a World CONSUMER economy to a World SUSTAINABLE economy.

Kill half the population. ^_^

Volunteers anyone?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.