What's happening in your neck of the woods friends , Fall/11

Victoria Harbour, ON

It was more than nice Susan! I thought when I took my car in for tires that I was getting all season, nope BIL Lenny told them snow tires..I felt safer with them for sure, but meant I had to purchase tires in the spring.

It's raining this morning, ever so softly..Riley is here beside me wanting to be patted, wet fur and now Sailor wants in so best be on the run

Gab later

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Tires ... seems to be a 'bone of contention' at this time of year. When I bought my new Toyota SUV .. I asked about winter tires felt I should purchase them right at the git go .. but .. I was told they weren't required .. now .. I was never able to discern they weren't needed because the vehicle is 4WD .. just that they weren't needed, so, I'll go from there I guess.

Susan .. being treated to lunch is just that .. such a TREAT :-) I can well imagine Laura will appreciate the lap quilt ..

Betty, Anne's foot is BLUE !!! Am hoping that it's just bruising and not an indication the cast is too tight !!
Re ' O 67 ' so near, and yet, so far away huh? I get so wound up playing Bingo .. I usually hand out the cards, or, do the calling .. it's something I haven't done in a long while .. here in TBay the bingos are usually 'charity driven' .. for organizations for fund raising ... got right out of it years ago because of the smoking factor, but, that's a non issue these days ..

Off to physio in a bit .. the therapist added more exercises yesterday .. feeling it this morning .. but .. all in all there is a definite improvement. Lorna is still icing her arm .. I really am doubtful her problem is rotator cuff specific .. I'm guessing it's a strained bicep muscle .. at any rate, everyone hopes it'll resolve itself.

Another beautiful day on the horizon today .. we are having a splendiferous fall .. much better than our oppressive summer !!!

Have a good one

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Marilyn - oh my..... Ann's foot should not be Blue!! Has she told the Dr about it, or called his office?

My DH will not "allow" me to have less than great tires - only seasonal ones. I know our neighbour feels the same, but their daughter uses all-season successfully - and so the fight goes on LOL

Now that I know her name, and it will be 2 lapquilts, I will make sure to put their names in embroidery on them (and get Going on finishing lol) because they will both be Blue (shades of Ann's foot!! lol) Leland likes muted blues and Laura likes cobalt and turquoise, so they'll be different, but even so - should keep their own identities. This is her first marriage, and she's in her late 50's. My DH was surprised about that, cuz it's not usual to have a first marriage at that age, now is it?!

Well Susan .. seems to me that brides are getting a bit older .. I have read that women are not marrying now until their 30s .. 50 is a bit older than that, but, perhaps Laura was simply waiting for the RIGHT MAN to come along ^_^

YEOW!! Was it windy here yesterday .. all the work Lorna did outside on Wednesday is covered with leaves!! Her parents arrive for a weeks stay on Sunday ... I am in high gear !!

TTFN

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Got Good News today - Bob's deductible is waived, because our insurance company got in touch with the police officer and he said "They claimed full responsibility for the accident, and if I'd been there I would have given her a ticket!". So, Bob picked up his truck this afternoon and they even installed his mud flaps for him (he just got them and couldn't figure out how to attach them!).
I'm just back from "tooling around" with Jackie, and now I've got 400 newsletters to fold, so will be back later!!
Take care, and God Bless everyone!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

A lovely warm day here- we still have not had a killing frost- very unusual. Got the raspberries trimmed today and a few other things. Try to do a little bit every day.

Visit with doc this AM. The growth I had removed from my face was indeed a basal cell carcinoma and there is not much of a margin in one spot so I will be visiting the dermatology surgeon to dig a hole and get a better margin. I've had this happen once before with a different growth on my arm.

Doubling my anti-depressants as I don't see any particular changes yet except side effects are minimal.

Tomorrow is Blessing of the Animals so we are all going to church! Need to wash Sassy's bum and give Bailey and Abbie a good brushing - they really need a groom but I forgot to get it arranged! And in the afternoon a friend is coming over to trim all their nails!

I don't think I posted a pic of Zorro- the 10 month old pup we took in last week. He is having a ball at his foster home with 3 and sometimes 4 youngish shelties to play with!

Thumbnail by fancyvan

WHOA Susan .. I must have missed a post or two. Did DH have an accident ? Hope he is OK !!
Happy folding .. watch out for paper cuts !!!

Weird day .. rain/sun/more wind .. my Hospice client is a sweetie, but, cursed with Alzheimers. Going to be a challenge .. but .. that's what the world is made up of I'm told ,,

Last day tomorrow to get things shipe shape for Lorna's parents arrival on Sunday .. am feeling a bit less stressed today as my 'to do list' is getting shorter ^_^

Rec'd a call from the Editor of our local newspaper .. apparently a letter I wrote is going to be the lead on the editorial page tomorrow .. nice I guess, but I dearly hope the MEAT and inference in the letter is taken to heart. As always, it's about handicap inaccessibility, and our local hospital ..

Off to watch a movie .. would recommend 'The Bridesmaids" made me LOL .. but .. more than SOME foul language in it.

TTFN

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Just found you all again, not sure why it went off my watch screen?

Fantastic news Susan..one less worry! Guess because I travel so much on a daily basis and then usually a few trips south I feel safer with the snows..have that little button on my car that I click on when raining or snowing and can actually feel tires grab the road..where is my mind, forget what it's called..old age setting in..

Don't you think half the accidents in the winter are from poor quality tires..government should make pass a law that if you get snows you get discount with insurance company..that would make sense so I'm sure they'll not do it!

Drats, had plans with Ann, Darlene and Cathy to spend the day at the Meaford Applefest and Craft show..ann dropped in this afternoon and said her foot is paining so bad that she had best stay home..as we were chatting Darlene called, her father in lay had emergency surgery Tuesday night, cancer, today he was rushed into surgery and it doesn't look good so they are on their way to the city, called Cathy as she's not been well, no answer..

Did call June and she was thrilled to be asked!

Best I find long johns, talk about cold out there,,,suppose to be 48 degrees as a high tomorrow withnrain, not a good day for the all who participate in the festivities.

Can't believe how with rain today and winds how the ground is covered with fall leaves..soon I'll be able to see up the road as there will be no leaves left on the trees!

You do know what is coming.

Had a 3 year old grand niece spend the afternoon with me..had her decorating the spook tress and putting out fall /Halloween decorations..laying here and it looks so nice seeing glow of Halloween lights flickering..

Well, off to get a rag quilt and make myself comfy for the night!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Carol,

Sorry that you feel the meds aren't working as well as you had hoped..you've had so much on your plate this past year it's no wonder you are feeling out of sorts. Ohhh Zorro so looks like my Sailor, border collie..adorable..bet the family is thrilled

Oops company here, got to run!

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Carol
I'll keep my fingers crossed with the "trim" and hopefully it's only one. I believe they always start on the side of light dose and move you up a step at a time with the other meds.
I will be Sassy will be thrilled to have her bum done, Lol I can just see you ............ You always keep your pups looking good so it won't take much to give them that shine for their blessing. Will you be able to get a photo?
Zorro looks like a sweetheart, and a monkey pulled into one pup. I bet he would make a great dog for a family. You keep showing me such cuties I am very tempted then I have an allergy moment and remember why I have a Standard Poodle. If I can ever get rid of them(Allergies) I would definitely get a Sheltie, you are a wonderful ambassador for them!
Susan sounds like good news for Bob!
Bettypause I bet that little one kept you running!

We too have not had a killing frost yet. We had some very nasty winds the last few days and some of my Canna's took a dive but I've trimmed them off and they don't look too bad. After all the rain we had earlier we are now very dry and I'm having to water with our +28 days and the winds.
I have an order for bulbs in with Botanus and they are shipping on Monday so I hope it stays reasonable so I can get them in next weekend.
Bye for now.
Alberta Ann

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

whoa - Carol how long have you been on the antidepressants? I remember when I was on them after a week I was still crying (this was many years ago just after my divorce) and the Dr had said should "kick in " after 1 week and they weren't - guess I had more on My plate than I realized, but kept the dose the same and sure enough after 2 weeks I felt better. I would be careful about increasing the dose without the Dr knowing..... IMHO

Yes Marilyn - Bob was hit on July 12th and not he, his passenger, or the other driver and kids were hurt - all fine. After owning up responsibility, the other driver (from Bolivia or something) and her aunt/uncle refused to contact us. We went to the police station and they called the uncle who gave all the info (Police had it anyway, from his ph#). The uncle then cancelled his insurance, and now the insurance co is going after them. They paid for everything for Bob's truck - a dent and some undercarriage bent. Bob saw her coming so sped up and thus missed his driver door and caught the back panel on the driver's side. Good thing he saw her coming!! He was on a major road westbound and she came across the meridian wanting to go the same way and was distracted by kids in the back seat of the van so wasn't watching. Not her kids - someone else's.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Susan just started the meds 3 weeks ago and doc doubled the dose today because no particular effect yet except lessening side effects. No crying though!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Glad it was the Dr that doubled the dose. and glad there's less side effects...... sometimes the side effects are worse than the actual problem!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning.. Brrr cold and windy out there

So want to chat but it will have to be tonight after my excursion not scarecrow country..Meaford Applefest..running late

Enjoy your day everyone..be back tonight

Holy cow .. talk about 'HEAVY FROST' .. we sure got blanketed overnight .. but .. looking out at the trees and lawns with the sun shining down .. well .. just plain and downright BEAUTIFUL .. looks like diamonds sparkling on the dew ..

Ramping up to be a busy day, but, it's all good ..

Carol, Zorro is one handsome doggie ^_^

Susan .. good to hear no one was injured in the accident, still in all, it's upsetting .. Gord tells me he was inches from being BULLDOZED by a bull moose while driving on the Expressway last evening, luckily he saw the antlers waving about and was able to slow down !!!

Here I sit, have load one of laundry in .. but .. my to do list has got to be slimmed down a bit more before I feel comfortable .. so .. off I go .. toilet bowls and sinks are beckoning me LoL

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Just about done laundry, and putting clothes away! I even put my "stash" away!! And guess what? I motivated Bob and he's tidying too lol 'Course that could be because he was in a bad mood and prone to mishearing and getting angry and I "called" him on it and said that being angry at me (drummed up) was NOT an option! Then I started being nice to him like nothing happened, and he's being very contrite and doing everything I suggest, cuz it's NOT a good idea to get me mad at him LOL

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

We went to church this morning- Blessing of the Animals.

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Victoria Harbour, ON

Susan, you are so funny...not a gal to be on the wrong side of...lol. Poor Bob!

It was a cold one in Meaford first thing this morning, at one point I thought it might even snow, then the sunshine came and what a gorgeous day. Did a lot of shopping, best purchase was a new kind of scarf, at least I hadnt seen them before..design included necklace, layers of ribbon/wool fabric..stunning, at least I thought so. Ended up with 3' one for me, one for Suzanne for Christmas and it was Cathy's 50th a few weeksago so I treated her to one and set of matching ratings..then, I got the bright idea that I have several ladies who would love one, why not make some..hmmmm

When visiting the big factory outlet warehouse that has everything from so to nuts didn't the have just what I needed for the necklace part so bought 10, watch me get all gung ho and buy all I need then not do them. Lol. Don't let me do that ok?

carol don't think we have Blessing of the Animals..will have to check

So Betty, have you started on the scarves LoL
Sounds nice .. I think the 'fashion trend' this last couple of years has been that 'eyelash stuff' kint/crotcheted (sp) into a scarf .. pretty, and, very warm as well .
Your so smart to buying haead for Xmas, it WAS my plan, guess it's still doable ..

My son and granddaughter were out today to show off the 'new wheels' .. they, too, have purchased an Suv .. very nice .. we were standing outside talking and it was COLD !!! Nice and sunny, by I can't even say it was warm in the sun because of a NW wind ..
The upcoming week is to be spectacular .. sunny and near 20C everyday.

Here I am UP .. body willing to sleep, but an over active mind .. still have an incomplete 'to do list', and, the company lands at 1030am .. have pea soup cooking in the slow cooker .. smells good ..

I should try for another hour or more sleep .. am going to need it !!!

Enjoy your Sunday !

~M~

PS .. nice pic Carol ^_^

Victoria Harbour, ON

Think we many of us are up, doubt I has a few hours sleep...had a couple who arrived at my door for b and b otherwise I'd be up making noise!

The north wind was indeed strong, can you imagine there were suffers out on Georgian bay..wow, you have to love it to get in that freezing water..as you say even in the sun it was cold, but coming home you had to open the windows as it was so hoy inside the car..

Best of luck with Lorna's parents visit!

About 16C and GORGEOUS here today. Lorna's parents said the Westjet pilot gave them a beautiful flight across Lake Superior and they were treated to some beautiful vistas ..
They were ready for bed early as they had been up since before 4am ... LoL ... me as well as soon as I straighten up a bit. Lilly and Piper have been showing off their ever increasing 'toy collection' to the company and the living room looks like a war zone!!

Now the ages old dilemma of 'what to do with folks' starts .. I'm sure we'll figure it out .. neither of Lorna's parents is feeling 100% so I think we'll be taking it slow.

SURFING on Georgian Bay in October .. NOT on my Bucket list LoL

TTFN

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Carol - that pastor looked familiar - We went to Robert McClure church for the "kirking" (blessing) of the tartans several months ago (May?!) and it looked like the same person What a wonderful idea to bless our companions! St. Francis would be very pleased, I'm sure!!

I think it may have gotten to the high teens or low 20's today - it was a lovely day.
Had a bit of a "duster" today - I was in a parking lot and just crossed a road in the lot, behind someone, when she decided to back up! I checked my rear view and started to back up a bit. Imagine my surprise when someone had just started to drive behind me (passing behind) and I backed into him! No damage to his vehicle because I hit his tire, but my car has a scratch on the back bumper and several scuffs. It was a gentle "whomp" but my side panel was pushed out. Bob pushed it back in. I have a friend who works in a body shop and she's going to look at it tomorrow. Not much damage, but it's obviously scraped. The woman who was backing up was trying to get a parking spot and she apologized multiple times. I'm just glad no one was hurt!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

OMG Susan, could have been much worse and a 2nd claim to the insurance company..I personally think because they up the rates after accidents they've done this so everyone is terrified and don't put in claims, thus more money for them..glad nobody was hurt.

"M" your company is there..hope you've better weather than I?

Thought I'd move us over...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1223530/

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1223530/

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Susan she is from St Martins United Church.
-lst name is Natasha and a double last name that I can't remember.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.