(65 votes, 27%)
Red dot

It is too cold here.
(20 votes, 8%)
Red dot

It is too hot at my house.
(34 votes, 14%)
Red dot

I choose two of the options above. (which two?)
(61 votes, 25%)
Red dot

Everything is just right!
(31 votes, 12%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

We've had a very cool and wet spring up in the Pacific NW. It hasn't stopped the green from growing, but has made it quite difficult to get after the weeds. I'm hoping for a drier and sunnier summer.

Nurmo, Finland(Zone 4b)

I haven't voted because none of the options really fits. The big problem in late May - early June was wind. For about three weeks we had continuous strong wind which played havoc with my runner beans. Last week we had what passes for a heat wave in Finland, 30 plus Celsius. Today it rained and rained.

Pat

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

It has been way too hot for June but the temps are some better at the moment. We could use a bit more in the way of rain.

Just saw the first of the Japanese Beetles. Sprayed about 50 of them. :(

Pretoria, South Africa

I live south of the equator, and so far it has been a colder than normal, Winter. We had rain last week. Very unusual for our part of South Africa.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

We've had a beautiful spring this year in Phoenix. It was not too hot. However, the heat is here now and no rain in months. Gee, you'd think I live in a desert!!!

(Zone 7a)

At first, we had too much rain. Now, not enough.

Royal Oak, MI(Zone 6a)

kwanjin, that's what we've had this year, combined with record 90 degree high and unusual 60 degree highs in the same week.

(Zone 7a)

That's what our weather is doing, Eleven. Cold, hot, mild, hot, cold...go figure... LOL

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It's been a bit cool and we are still running the furnace in the morning. Our temperatures seem to lag behind everyone else, and I'm sure we'll be running the air conditioner in November. It would be nice to have some rain but it doesn't rain at this time of the year.

Salina, KS(Zone 6a)

In our corner we are very behind in rain and was again up to 100* today.

Thats good for the wheat harvest, but not for my yard. I'll give it to the farmers, as that it what is important.

Greta

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Being in the desert, we never get much rain but this year has been less than normal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltdiva/collections/72157604117264555/

This message was edited Jun 13, 2011 8:21 PM

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

Too hot and too dry. If we do not have rain soon, the whole garden will fail. It used to be said if we do not have rain by the 4th of July, we won't have any all summer. Luciee

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

We had a drought over the winter, then about three solid weeks of rain in May, but now, nothing. The temps are great, though -- 80's so far, perfect June weather. But we have a tremendous amount of snowmelt this year from up to 170% of average snow and warm weather in May and June. Lots of flooding, but nothing too serious yet.

Can't believe Canoga Park, California is still turning on the furnace!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

For the past couple days I guess I'll pick too little rain. Last week it was WAY TOO HOT. Today it is just right with rain expected the rest of the week(we'll see)

Very wacky weather here

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Hot (normal here) and way too dry.

I've almost forgotten what rain looks and sounds like. We've had only .01in so far this month, where the norm would be 6 or more in. You would think I live in a dessert, too, lately. The yard is a dust bowl. I have to run the sprinkler for hours at a time 2x a week to keep everything from turning up dead. I'm on city water/sewer, so my water bill will be through the roof this month.

Definitely way too dry here.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Sounds like extremes everywhere. Strange. I guess I'll embrace our rain, at least everything is growing like crazy - just can't get out to enjoy it so much.

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

I was torn, and should've picked two: two little rain and too much heat. But, putting it in perspective, because there's so little rain, our humidity is waaaaaaay low, and the tomato plants have flourished in the drier weather. Since this is my last season container gardening, keeping the plants watered has only been a bother on the hottest days.

My vines are the healthiest they've ever been. In fact, they're still putting on new blooms and setting fruit. I'll be taking cuttings for a fall garden soon. Hope to have an even better harvest in the fall. But, hard to tell what this crazy weather will do. We could have hurricanes out the wazoo this season, with all the heat we've had. Looks like the makings of a "perfect storm!"

I might just rethink replacing my hurricane Ike fence AFTER this upcoming hurricane season!

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Oh yeah, too much rain, too cold and wet, immediately after, too hot and dry, flooding in some areas, drought in others, now cool, maybe rain. The roses and iris don't seem to mind at all.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Hot, humdity and no rain for the last couple of weeks. Had to put the sprinklers on for the garden.

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

We had a nice, cool and wet spring in Kansas City, perfect for bulbs and hostas. It's getting warm (80-90's) now, which is great for the annuals and tropicals, but we're still having enough rain to help keep things green. Naturally, I need to water the border garden, but the sprinklers in the lawn have only run 3 or 4 times since I had the system turned on this spring.

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Too little rain is an understatement.. NO rain since september! We have been teased by the smell a few times and seen the clouds. We are on day 9 or 10 of temps above 100.. 103 yesterday.. 105 the day before.. supposed to be 105 I think today. Expecting about 14 days total above 100 before it breaks. Svered drought with watering restrictions tightening monthly. I have lived here almost 40 years and never seen anything like it.

Please pray for rain... we live in a tiny spot where we can actually watch clouds split and go around us. West Texas .. well all of Texas is in a severe drought.. but this particular spot is in the worst of it. NOTHING has fallen here but a few seconds of teasing rain that barely wet the patio ...not that there are any storms forming to watch!

..... oh, and then there is the WIND... almost forgot about that... more than usual... getting tired of that too. LOL

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Too hot and no rain. Wah.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Everything is just right here. By next week it could all change but for now it's ideal.

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Abnormally hot and very dry here. We haven't had rain for 2 1/2 weeks (well, one 1/10" shower) although nearby areas did receive some rain.

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

NO rain & TOO HOT!! We've had multiple days over 100 already, & virtually NO rain - a BAD combination for a gardener!

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

We were getting way too much rain, but now it's normal...whew!

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

We are 13 inches behind on rainfall for the first half of the year and our temperatures broke 100F during May....with the hottest, driest months yet to come....but, the dratted weeds are thriving....

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Temps in the 100's daily, no rain, and hard wind. Going outside is like walking into a convection oven.

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Hey.. at least the weeds are dead here too... I noticed the other day that the weeds in the ditches were even brown... the only thing surving here are the mesquite because they have unbelieveably deep roots.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Ditto what patrob posted!

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

way to hot & humid and not much rain. My pond dried completely up until we got 1 1/2" hard and fast and put a little in the bottom

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

We're hot and dry too. I'm just a little north of Prairieville and it's so dry we have a burn ban.

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

We've gone from one extreme to the next! Last week we were close to a hundred for 3 days with no rain for weeks. Now it's been staying in the 50's for a few days and raining way too much! Hopefully it evens out :)

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

I chose "Everything is just right", because today it is, as well as the last two days. Now if I had answered the same question last week I would have said "Too Hot & Too Humid". Another day it would have been "Too Rainy".

With the weather...in our area...the answer depends entirely on what day it is.

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Too hot and too dry. We have had temps in the mid 90's (hot for June) and no rain for several weeks. Not good for the plants, but better for all here that have tornado damage that might not be repaired yet. Many still have tarps on their roofs.

Carlsbad, NM(Zone 7b)

My two picks: Way to HOT!! Several days 100+ and no rain! Predicting 110 for tommorow, that means 115 or better.!! I am glad I invested in t-tape (irrigation system) last year!!

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Too little rain and too hot! We are having August temps in June. I hate to think what August is going to be like.

Middleburgh, NY

We have had over 8 inches of rain just this week. Double digit rains in May. The last two years were record breaking rainfall and this year looks to be the same. I'm longing for the dry weather we had when we lived in England! ;-)

Monroe, LA(Zone 8a)

100+ temps and no rain since May 21. Some of the suburbs are on water restriction. I'm watering containers twice a day. And yet we've still got rivers at flood stage. Go figure.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.