Cheapest Trellis You've Ever Seen!

Dahlonega, GA

Bonnie , it got 55 overnite here . Hope you're not far behind . .

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Great breeze up today and air is fairly pleasant. Autumn begins today but it will be 3 or 4 more weeks before it feels like it in Fl.

DH put tiller on my PTO on Kubota so I couldn't help myself. I hoped on it this morning and tilled up space for 4 rows of vegies. I have green beans in a box and they are 3 or 4 inches up so they need a growing home. Love to see things growing especially vegies and flowers.
Dirt is fairly black from all the years of cow manure I have spread there. Fl. soil is just sand so needs lots of amending. I also use fish emulsion on flowers and vegies. Supposed to get thunderstorm this afternoon so that's a huge help but I have a water faucet right at garden spot. We have a drip irrigation system but it's too much trouble to put out and plugs up easily.
My husb. bought it and it was around $400. by the time we got all the fittings we needed. I don't want to be bothered with it so I'll just hook up a hose and get a sprinkler I can move around or stand and water it. Fl. gardens do nothing without lots of water. Sand lets it drain out fast.

Digger if it got down to 55 here I would have my bedrm. doors open and sleep like a log. Good thing I have my own room. My husb. would put heat on so I keep my inside doors closed and open French doors to outside. Guess that's the Yankee still in my blood. LOL

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Xran: finally located those pieces for trellis. Lowe's has them under a different name according to their website. When in town I'll go and look for them. I've got lots of places I could use them.

Bonnie

Dahlonega, GA

We did make it into the 40's a few nights ago . I like a cold , cold room and my down comforter

Natick, MA

Bonnie,

What name does Lowe's have them under on theirwebsite? I have been unable to find it at home depot and tried Lowe's but looked for masonry ladder ;0)

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Bonnie, what is a dgt? And would you please post a picture of it? Sounds very interesting. Jen

Dahlonega, GA

Bonnie , we can't leave doors and windows open . We have coons , possoms and bears . All looking for a free meal

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

I have a couple of vines in my house plants I am thinking I might be able to use them for. Maybe cut in half and form a loop some way. Might be interesting to mess with this winter. It did give me another idea. I have a nice big resin pot and am thinking about the same idea as the masonry ladder only using copper tubing. Tees for the cross pieces and maybe 10 inches across at the top with 2 uprights. Don't know how far apart for the horizontal cross pieces. Guess that depends on the sturdiness of the vines. I have a philodendron Swiss Cheese, I think there are 2 plants in the pot, and also have 2 Stephanotis Florabundas.

Any other ideas? For the philodendron I would like to have a branch if I could find a good one that was sturdy enough and some way to keep it upright. Same with the copper tubing. How to keep them upright.

I know the copper would be more expensive than the masonry ladder but it would be inside so I don't mind spending more. Got any more suggestions for me? Jen

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Jnette-dgt. stands for granddaughter of which I have many. LOL

I printed it out page cause I knew someone would need the info. Lowe's refers to them as steel remesh sheet. Size 6.92 ft. by a 119.28 ft. Price is $3.47. Item no. 12150. Model # 05573.

Husband said must be thin and flimsy. If it is I'll double it up. He was a welder for 42 yrs. so he knows steel very well.

Hope this is a help to you all. I am anxious to go and look for it. Next trip to town.

Digger no wonder you keep doors shut. I'm sure you have seen on news problems Fl. is having with the black bears. We are basically country but I have never seen one out around here. That's fine with me.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Bonnie, do you mean inches? Seems steel remesh sheets is not as misleading as masonry ladders. Thin and flimsy might be what I need for house plants. If not, like your husband said, I could double it. For my purposes it wouldn't even need welding.

So far we, ourselves, have not had any bears in here which amazes me because of the fires. The fires are driving other animals down and am sure bears too, we are getting the deer, elk, coyotes, and hopefully no cats. They are nocturnal so don't know,. I try to keep all my animals in at night. Others have reported even grizzlies.

I had a small whitetail doe come by the other day and the poor thing was so skinny I could count her ribs. Sad. Sure hope she finds enough food to give her some strength and fat before winter. She would never make it if not.

Natick, MA

I went under masonry supplies at lowes on line and found it, but it says it's NOT available in my area, and they wont order it for pick up or mail/ship it! bummer!

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

I am thinking that since it is probably thin that I might put 2 or 3 together and stagger (off set) the cross pieces to make them closer together for finer/lighter houseplants.

And, I might find the same thing. That I can't find them here either. Haven't looked yet.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

I am thinking that since it is probably thin that I might put 2 or 3 together and stagger (off set) the cross pieces to make them closer together for finer/lighter houseplants.

And, I might find the same thing. That I can't find them here either. Haven't looked yet.

Dahlonega, GA

Bonnie , we've seen two in our front yard , less than 25' from our porch and one on the porch . I lost a dog , I'm sure was trying to protect the house . All this a coupla years ago .
Hope you guys find the trellis stuff . I'm using back and bottom bed rails from a metal futon .

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Finally found the print out I made of the steel remesh sheet from Lowe's. Sounds crazy when looking at the picture but size is same as I printed above. Item #12150 Model #05573.
I've got to get to Lowe's and check this out for myself. Actual size 0.667-ft. X 10 feet Then says actual size 6.92 feet X 119.28 feet. Go figure. Who knows. I just hope they have it in stock so I can see it.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Trellis stuff not available at my Lowe's or in immediate area.

Manager said he would hunt it and if he found it would get it in.

Bonnnie

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

THAT was good of him!

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

I know one of the cashiers well and she asked him and he said sure. I was surprised. I just hope he doesn't order in a truckload and expect me to buy it. LOL

Bonnie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.