More clematis talk

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

It was all you folks here, that helped me, to which I owe a great thanks. Hopefully in the future I will be able to post some photos of blossoms. ~Jan

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

We just provided our thoughts and suggestions. It was you who did the work.

Thomaston, CT

Weeze, gorgeous! Jo, I really like Daniel....here are some that have just opened....Silver Moon...

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
Thomaston, CT

And can this be Ruutel? That's what the tag says, but I may have mixed it with another.....

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
Athens, PA

Looks like Ruutel to me...

Thomaston, CT

Thanks....

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

My clems are finally doing very well this year. I thought I had lost some of them to my DH's weed wacking, but it looks like they came back even stronger. Another reason to love them.

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED

Beautiful! The weed whacker method of pruning worked like a charm. Love all those colors together.

Thomaston, CT

Great place for them to grow......

Athens, PA

Teri

Your gardens are always gorgeous. I love the way you have them climbing up the deck. I have tried that with my deck but had to move them. The poor things didn't like it, but I think that is because I have other things growing around my deck and kept them from getting any sun.

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

That looks great Teri! I tried that once with MGs. NOT a good idea. They tried to swallow the entire deck.

MG's do have that problem. They want to take over the world.

Thanks, ladies. I'm still pulling out the MG babies that want to start up here. I planted them the first year that we moved here and was very sorry. The MGs that I have going now are the Japanese varieties which have smaller leaves, are much less aggressive and have blooms that stay open almost all day.

This is a "Hige" MG that is very delicate and not nearly as impressive as our Clems, but still is pretty.

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED

That's lovely, Roses. It has an exotic quality.

(Debra) Garland, TX

Yes, it does. Almost orchid like. Thank you. :-)

Thomaston, CT

Wow....love that MG....will have to look for them....

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

I love morning glories, but I've been afraid to plant them ever since the year the next door neighbor planted them all along the fence between our yards, and I spent the next two summers rooting them out of my yard and every garden bed. They pretty much strangled out my pole beans before I realized what was happening. Either they self-seed, or the birds were very industrious that year.

Thomaston, CT

Someone gave me one many years ago.....I'm still pulling them out!

We ripped out the MG's years ago and I just found more seedlings emerging. At this stage of life I know it will be a life long battle with them.

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

venu, those are great pictures. Is that a free service?

Louise (venu) is on her way to work so I'll just step in to say that the web albums are a free service by Picasa. You can just Google Picasa and get the entire program and storage of your photos for free.

Severna Park, MD(Zone 7a)

My FRANZISKA MARIA is in full bloom now.

Thumbnail by Bob_71

Fabulous! I hope mine does as well.

Thomaston, CT

Love the different blooms on the same plant.....

Nice Bob!! That is one that has been on my wish list for too long.

Looks like I know what to do with my last unplanted Clem, Bob. I couldn't find a new spot for a Clem, but your picture convinced me to put it next to one that's already in the ground. Yours look great together!

Severna Park, MD(Zone 7a)

Hate to tell you, ROSES_R_RED, but this is just one Clematis. Blooms of different ages are different colors. Intermingled colors are a nice feature when the selections blend well together.

Bob

Athens, PA

I like to intermingle different clematis together too. I try to keep the same pruning groups together - it keeps things simpler.

Here are Crimson Star and John Paul

Thumbnail by Carolyn22
Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

Good comment about keeping similar groups together. I have been looking for another group 3 to put with my Barbara Harrington. I am beginning simply with Clems, and only want group 3s for now, but if I ever 'graduate' to the other groups, it's a good reminder to keep like groups, together ~j

Thomaston, CT

Carolyn, that's a great combo.....

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

My first bloom from my newly planted clematis Huvi.

Thumbnail by Cem9165
Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

It's climbing out from under the hostas, forgot that I'd planted it there and was surprised to see the bloom today. These roots are definitely well shaded. LOL

Thumbnail by Cem9165

Very Nice Cem! I have to add....very nice hostas too! Another favorite plant of mine.

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks venu, here's the bed that Huvi is planted in, with just a few hostas, LOL. I love then as well. Annette

Thumbnail by Cem9165
Athens, PA

Annette -

beautiful!

Great looking combo Carolyn. No mistaking that these are 2 different kinds and I'm convinced that more contrast is better looking.

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

How often do you ladies water with the epsom salt water?

Thomaston, CT

Pretty clem....looks nice with hostas!

Very pretty, Annette! The clem reminds of a sentinel watching over the hostas. Cute!

Diamond, I think Pirl said about once a month, but she'll be able to answer that when she returns. She's on vacation this week.

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks everyone. I also wanted to know the frequency of the Epsom salt. We'll await pirl's return. :-) Annette

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.