cottage garden or too haphazard?

(Susan) Xenia, OH(Zone 6a)

Yes! There shalt be more pictures!

Also dying to know how the white lattice is holding up. I have some in mind but it has to stay intact.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

pictures, pictures, PICTURES!!!! Need update! LOL

Newark, United States

I have been enjoying this thread that goes back a few years! And the wonderful pictures which inspire me with my cottage garden in Newark, Delaware where I'd like to grow hollyhocks but the Japanese Beetles devour them and the humidity gets the delphinium. But I keep trying. This year I grew Katie's Candles which is a pink verbascum from Swallowtail Seeds Co. that looked good in the spring. It died when I let it get overgrown, otherwise it is said to repeat bloom.

Thumbnail by grannieannie2

very pretty!

(Susan) Xenia, OH(Zone 6a)

Eye candy for breakfast on a hard day! Perfect! Inspires me to get my bulbs in-- first in-ground effort towards MY cottagey, eventually-grassless children's garden!

Beautiful, all. Museumgirl, that bench pic.... cottage drooling.

Planting on the curb-- yes. In rural n. central PA where I live most of the year, there is one person whose house on the way into town is like that, and more. Definitely planning it here (Ohio retirement/vacay cottage).

Re: awful neighbors. Just remember that for every loud, problematic one, there are MANY more blessing you and your garden every time they pass by.

(And I covered the new bed of bulbs with chairs, til I finish topsoiling 'em nice and deep.)

~Susan

This message was edited Oct 15, 2015 5:52 PM

Good thought about protecting them with chairs!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.