Zones 8-9 Spr/Sum 2011 Veggie Gardening is UNDERWAY Part III

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I harvested these chocolate peppers today.

Thumbnail by stephanietx
SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Drthor,
The Jalapenos are the "Fooled You" variety. Big, beautiful, and so tame you could make baby food with 'em!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

You can also slice them in half, take the seeds off, fill with cream cheese, wrap with bacon and secure with a toothpick. Toss em on the grill or pop them in the oven on broil and make jalapeno poppers.

Hey, Guys!
A request was made awhile back about the length of this thread, and I apologize for the delay in creating a new one. Since many of us have begun prepping/seeding/salivating over our Fall/Winter 2011 Veggie Gardens, I propose to close this thread and post a link that will jump you over to the currently-in-progress- thread entitled, "What I did TODAY in Zone 8-9a, for my Fall/Wtr Veggie Garden"

That thread was created specifically to help veggie growers in Zones 8-9a keep up with upcoming planting schedules and timelines, so we can, once again, GROW OUR VEGGIES TOGETHER! (That potato thing was the bomb!!!!)

So come on over! Here's the link: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1184654/

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED. Please jump to the link above to continue discussing the ZONE 8-9a PLANTING SCHEDULES FOR THE FALL/WINTER 2011 Veggie Gardens

Hugs

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

I think you shall keep this thread open.
I am still harvesting summer vegetables and I'd like to find out what every body else is doing.
I will post pictures later.
I am still harvesting okras and cucumbers and peppers ... which they have nothing to do on the next thread.

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

Well DW said the melons were big enough and has been thumping them alot so I picked 2, and they are big.

I'm in 9b so I guess I'll have to find some place else.

Later

Thumbnail by dmtom

dmtom,
No way, we're not closing you out!! Our group has many, many people from all areas of Zones 8-9, A through Z! We've even got some Zone 7 folks talking with us over there. Come on over.

We'd Luv to have yah!

Linda ^^_^^

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

This is my latest harvest:
My new crop of cucumber plants is starting. Those are again parthenocarpic cukes from Jonnhy's.
CORINTO is the best heat tollerant so far.
Those cukes are soooo sweet.
Some small peppers and lots of Okras right now.

Thumbnail by drthor

Quote from drthor :
I am still harvesting summer vegetables and I'd like to find out what every body else is doing.
I am still harvesting okras and cucumbers and peppers ... which they have nothing to do on the next thread.

Hi, Drthor!
Come join us over on the other thread to "find out what every body else is doing!" And, you're right, there's no harvesting going on in the next thread. We've moved on to prepping our sites, double-checking our planting schedules, and sharing our growing plans for the fall/winter garden.

There're only 6 more weeks 'til FALL, and, if I stay over here admiring your wonderful harvests, I'll miss my own planting deadlines!

Hugs and Kisses! ^^_^^

Linda

This message was edited Aug 9, 2011 9:25 AM

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

I am continuing this thread here: PART IV
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1209006/
I think we are still in the middle of summer and lots of us are still harvesting from our spring and summer planting.

Canyon Lake, TX(Zone 8b)

I had a good 2011!

Here is a picture taken May 31. By summers end I had canned a tad under 150 jars of mostly tomato sauces, and some pickled cucumbers, beets, okra and jalapeņos. I'm down to about 30 jars.

This is the first year in a long time the garden really helped the pocket book.

Thumbnail by texasrockgarden

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.