2011 Garden Projects

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

saturday was a snow melting day so i ran a couple errands and then went to work to finish a stone bird bath - took out the circular saw to start another - this one is made fo dense/heavy very gray granite - the stone cutting blade worked ok - the craftsman circular saw not so much - burnt it out and ordered a heavy duty bosch saw that night.

sunday was spent cleaning our a couple beds and doing a massive transplant/musical chairs to the bed behind the brick patio - cotinus grace smoke tree may not make it did not really have a root ball - will give it tlc and hope for the best - will replace if the worst happens.

Thomaston, CT

Jen, fence looks nice......hopefully Wall-E will stay away. Bill, sounds like a very productive day....my son walked around property yesterday & complained that my shrubs were out of control, and that he found bittersweet vines.....didn't volunteer to come & prune, however! Louise, my problem is with the dogs....the kennel is so expensive, & hard to find anyone who will put up with Robs....but I may squeeze a few weeks in next Jan!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Jen, the fence looks nice. I couldn't do that in my beds. I'd constantly be backing into it and knocking it down. You know those low fences, about maybe a foot high, you can buy and put around your beds? I can't have them. I trip over them too easily. I'm very clumsy, and since I have a bad ankle that mostly doesn't get full range of motion, I fall easily.

Bill, can't wait to see how your bird bath turns out. Sorry you broke your saw blade.

Marilyn, you need Cesar Milan. I bet he costs an arm and a leg, though. LOL!

Karen

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

not the blade - the saw! hoping the new one has the horsepower needed

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh not! That's so much worse! Yes, I hope new one works better for you.

Karen

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Pretty much set on that wrought-iron fence and gate. Will pull the trigger soon.

Out to plant a few plants from FW before we get more rain.

Got about half of them planted - all in the now brighter side shade bed. Daphniphyllum, deodar cedar, a few hydrangeas, a rhodo, kerria and a viburnum.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

You go, Victor!

Karen

Thomaston, CT

You know how I feel about those cedars....LOL

I go SLOW these days, Karen! Gotta watch the knee. Was very weird using my left foot to step on and kick down on the shovel!

Thomaston, CT

I always use my left foot!

I never do!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I have two left feet. Victor, Glad you are up and planting FW order too, but just got back this afternoon from Boston, and with the rain, I am vegging out at the moment, doing nothing today. Patti

Viburnum prunifolium Ovation
Viburnum plicatum f. tom Copper Ridges
Poncirus trifoliata Flying Dragon
Fothergilla gardenii Jane Platt
Chaenomeles japonica var. alpina
Caryopteris x indica Hint of Gold
Daylily Hemerocallis Easy Ned
Stokesia laevis Omega Skyrocket
Kniphofia uvaria Echo Mango
Barrenwort Epimedium acuminatum Rigoletto

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i was looking at that copper ridges............

I planted it last year.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I bought it because you did. Copy cat and proud of it ! Patti

Hee hee! I'll see how it performs this year.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Imitation is the finest form of flattery.

Karen

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Victor doesn't need more flattery, he needs a bigger piece of property. Patti

I'll take both!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I said it before and will say it again.. Victor has everything good... so many plants I am interested in.. go look them up in PF and Victor has a photo there... always say of course he does.. LOL

Hee hee!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

LOL!

Karen

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

forgot to mention - had my first tick of the year sunday - little deer tick.

Dang. What a pain.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

ick

Thomaston, CT

Get it tested?

South Hamilton, MA

No one squashes them.

Not necessary if you got it off right away.

Depends -

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

takes 24 hours for lyme - was on for as long as i was outside - still have a good sized red bump that itches like crazy

At least 24 hours.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

can always take the meds as a precaution

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

sounds like a good idea with it itching

Hmm - sure it was a tick, Bill? Itch is not common.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

have a physical coming up in a couple of weeks, if it is still there i will ask - i always get a bump although this one is right on the belt line so a bit more aggravation all day long.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

well when we pulled it out to look at it - looked like a tick to me - then flushed it:)

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Husband always itches when he gets bitten, but I don't ever. We take a big hit of doxycycline medication if we find a deer tick attached, as we have had too much bad history with Lyme and for him also babesiosis over the years. He uses Benadryll for the itching which I think could be caused by leaving a bit of it attached but he may just be more sensitive. Wha would be that way too. a Patti

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Good luck, Bill. Hopefully nothing will come of it.

Karen

Thomaston, CT

I itch & the red lump is there for weeks.....at one point, was given the vaccine....unfortunately, that gave me Lyme symptoms (and everyone else!) My Doc usually gives me the antibiotics because of my history....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.