2011 Garden Projects

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

oh yeah they have good ice cream!!!

Naugatuck, CT(Zone 5a)

debi_k, husker red penstemon is a weed here in my yard. I can send you some if you would like when we defrost here.

That would be great! Thank you.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Not a fan. Spreads way too much.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Keep it deadheaded.
Just ordered from Pine Knot.Hope its not too late.in the season

Thumbnail by ge1836
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Beautiful, Jo

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks.They certainly are beautiful. I will have to get someone else to lay on the ground for pix.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

great choices.. shoot though a mirror?

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

OMG What would I do without DG'ers

That's cheating!!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

not cheating.. sometimes you have to make do

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Its so awful here with the new 6 inches of snow.
I bought catnip to keep the cats from bcoming too depressed.
They are used to tuckin down to the end of the garden where the WalkersLow was just emerging.Theythink I cant see them getting stoned down there.
Snow cover put an end to fun in the garden.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

gorgeous Jo!

Sounds like you may be sneaking some yourself, Jo!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

There was a time ,I must say.
I journied to Arizona to see a friend. Those shrooms are special.

Hee hee! (I never inhaled. ^_^)

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

That was 1973. I'm sure paiote has gone dangerous by now.

Only the Indians can use it now.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Just as I thought. They have everything!!

Thomaston, CT

Whoa, love those hellebores, Jo!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

nice huh?
Boredome and Pollyk made me do it.

Leaning toward a real wrought iron fence/gate combo for the side of my driveway. Working with an online guy (arusticgarden.com) on it.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I'd love to see that when its finished

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Just checked his website.Nice stuff reasonable prices.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Victor, Functional gate to keep out the deer? Or just for the visuals?

I am up to my ears with too many projects, not all gardening ones, but I would so love to plan a new gate for entry into the yet to be dug new veggie bed. That area is mostly cleared but the deer fencing and gates have not yet been mentally finalized, nor have I projected the cost, so a nice gate may have to wait for next year. Dreaming is fun. Wrought iron would be divine, but I know that is not happening. Patti

Hallowell, ME

I Have a book "Yard & Garden Projects" put out by BH&G. I assume it's still in print. But it has some great projects and is where I got my idea for our new potting shed that I'm scheduled to build this spring. It has all kinds of ideas for gates, fences and entry ways just to name a few.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I remember that book

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

patti thank for commenting on victors gate search - i wanted to check out the site as i would prefer root iron myself depending on cost. Maybe i have a gate for you here if i go that way:)

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Frank, I love your "I'm scheduled to build", line and will be looking forward to seeing your results. Holding your feet to the fire.

One of my first years on DG, Victorgarden had a thread that got me to post a long list of projects that I wanted to do in the garden. It got dubbed by my husband as the "Victor List" as he was well aware of where I had first thought up all these projects. He knew that there was a herd of gardeners out in Cyber space urging me on, especially a guy in NY named Victorgarden. We got most of them done and many since, and of more to do in the future. Patti

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Love some of these gates at United Housewrecking!

http://www.unitedhousewrecking.com/thumbnails.cfm?itemvar=gates&agevar=antique

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Wha, Gate up for grabs? I could be your gate grabber gal. I worked on a pottery piece for you yesterday in Boston. It is being bisque fired today. Now in Vt for a few days and working on garden articles.

We are bringing the truck off island to pick up fencing in Littleton. I hope to buy some shrubs and a tree too. One of my favorite nurseries, Baystate, opens on April 9th so I am thinking that will be the weekend that we are in buzzing around New England going to nurseries. Maybe a good time to do a nursery crawl in your area and pick up the bird house. Mason's too

Pirl, love that place, but haven't been there since the 80's. Prices seem fair and I love one of the ones pictured. Patti

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Dont do this to me. I am trying to hold back from some more formal way to enter the garden from the driveway.
Just thinking ,no real plans, no real money.Vanity remodel will be expensive.

Hallowell, ME

bBrook - between Victor and Bill one never knows what's next!!!!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

hi patti - i should be around that weekend so pick a time - i would not mind going to mason hollow and the mixed border in hollis (this place could be dangerous!)

Patti - purely for visual separation (and to keep the basketball from bouncing on my plants!). It will only be four feet high. We're not allowed anything over six anyway.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Don't they know deer can clear 6' easily. Need a rule change. Bounching Bambi's do more harm than Basketballs. Patti

heehee
sorry Victor

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Landscaping guys are coming today to do our pathway to our backyard....I'll go out now and take a before pic.
Hubby had to replace the gate with a larger one so the trailer would fit so I'm finally getting a gate on the other side of the house
WOO HOO.....so that will be an easier access to where my 1st fairy garden will be.

I'm going to have them leave the dirt to create a berm(is that the word I'm looking for?) between the property lines on the left side of the house, I have another garden plan with shrubs/trees to do on that side

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

WOOHOO!!!

South Hamilton, MA

shrubs & trees are a good privacy barrier & you seem to have a garden PLAN! Much better than a line of evergreens which seems to be the 'landscape' technique here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.